[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>click Baton Pass >win

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

>click Baton Pass
>win
>>
>>32603696
You can't win by only using status moves, anon.
>>
>>32603696
I want to fug that buge
>>
>>32603696
I want that bug to fug me
>>
>>32603696
I want to nibble on that buge's asshole
>>
File: guzma.jpg (63KB, 539x635px) Image search: [Google]
guzma.jpg
63KB, 539x635px
>>32603696
Its amazing how dense everyone in the community for this ban seems to be.

I'm tempted to one day just post all of the discord logs and what happens there.
>>
>>32603696
If you're dumb enough to allow it to set-up then you deserve to lose
>>
>>32603929

>I have never played vs baton pass but am condescendingly giving my opinion anyways

end your life
>>
>>32604082
there are SO many ways to shut it down
>>
>>32604082
Anon there are plenty of counter-match ups or checks to prevent a baton-pass set up from happening.
>>
>>32604097

STOP dude

you have literally no fucking clue what you're talking about

go read up on Denissss (or however many s's he has in his name) then AND ONLY THEN can you come back here and talk about baton pass. guarantee you won't be saying retarded shit like what you're doing now.
>>
>>32604117
that's a pseudo-argument, that version of baton pass doesn't exist anymore, the topic at hand is the current incarnation with scoli at the helm
>>
>>32604135
scoli and mew, actually.
>>
>>32604117
>full baton pass that has been complex banned multiple times is the same as having a single scolipede that can pass speed
>>
File: hmmmmm.png (42KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmm.png
42KB, 250x250px
>>32604117
hahahahhahahahhaha
>>
>>32604145
Ironically its not scolipede on its own either. Shell smash was also a previous culprit.

They're banning the move not because of Scolipede but the move in itself "is too strong" since it synergizes with several new strong Pokemon.
>>
>>32603696
le donuts
based bluc
>>
>>32604135
>>32604145

>someone abused and re-abused Baton Pass so heavily, even after multiple ban clauses, that Smogon broke their cardinal rule of "no complex bans" just to try and contain it
>they can't even do that and the scolipass meta is almost worse than before because of how many unstoppable wallbreakers there are with +2 speed (necrozma, espeon [virtually unstoppable because stored power muscles past unaware and LOL MAGIX BOUNCE]. magearna, mega heracross, mega mawile, celestella, bulu, and manaphy)
>scolipede is itself a threat to just set up with SD and chunk whatever your one answer to Baton Pass might be

>>32604153
>you need an NU shitmon on every team just to deal with the POSSIBILITY that you might face Baton Pass on ladder

thanks for proving my point
>>
>>32604184
>>you need an NU shitmon on every team just to deal with the POSSIBILITY that you might face Baton Pass on ladder
it's like you don't know how anti-meta picks work at all. besides which, it's hardly the only way to deal with it.
>>
>>32604184
>you need an NU shitmon on every team just to deal with the POSSIBILITY that you might face Baton Pass on ladder
Dude just the HO teams struggles that bad how you think with BP, any another team can stop it if you play carefully.
>>
>>32604208

I dunno what else I can say to you man. If you don't see a problem with teambuilding being restricted to 5 unique mons because you need a prankster perish trapping murkrow on every single one or else you auto-lose to BP, then you're a lost cause, honestly.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/baton-pass-in-sm-ou.3604290/

>>32604274
>only hyperoffense sucks vs BP
>espeon is uniquely broken vs stall because it has no way of forcing it out and unaware clef/quag get assraped by stored power
>>
>>32603696
Set up SD on a predicted protect and then just OHKO whatever they BP into.
>>
>>32604324
Dugtrio can deal with it thanks endeavour+sucker punch, a good stallfag will not let you put the hazards and sustitute and yes, in the Dugtrio vs Espeon scenario is a coin flip because Espeon can use morning sun when it have 1 HP but you need predict in every playstyle, so at the end, the player skill determines the winer.
>>
>>32604472

>dugtrio

whoops! the enemy scolipede just passed at least one iron defense to its Espeon and now you don't even 2hko with sucker punch after the morning sun!

looks like another unpreventable loss
>>
>>32603696
what is perish song?
>>
>>32604521
>passing speed and def together
hmmmm made me think
>>
>>32604545

>Scolipede's only possible ability is Speed Boost

you're even more retarded than I imagined; keep it up man, I'm having fun here
>>
>>32604521
>Espeon used stored power
>sash
>Dugtrio used endeavour
>Espeon used Morning Sun
>Dugtrio used endeavour
>yes, now it's a mind game
Dude isn't hard to see it's a legit 50/50 scenario, yes, it sucks and the BP user has adventage but still existing a chance to win if you play well.
>>
>>32604574
why on earth would you use scolipede if you weren't using speed boost? why would you pass defensive stats only? you just forgot and you're trying to pretend that you intended it that way all along.
>>
>>32603731
Sure you can. With a bit of luck and Perish Song shenanigans.
>>
>>32604082

Taunt, shadow tag, unaware for starters. This of course isn't even accounting for prediction.
>>
>>32604184

This is how 1200 speak to the people? Hell BP its an awful Gimmick Meme that Every team has a counter in.

Toxapex, Fini or Any Haze user.

Roar from your Hazzard setter.

DAMN EVEN PSYCH UP SHENANIGANS
>>
>>32604603

>why on earth would you use the single most exploitable baton passer in the game besides mew to pass stats with?
>why would you pass a physdef boost to a mon that has CM and can literally not be forced out by roar, can't be statused except tspikes, and who fucks unaware users in the ass with stored power?

you do know that baton pass is a multifaceted strategy that doesn't just involve giving +2 speed to your mega mawile, right? you're not so much of a shitter that you don't know the reason people use me as a passer in the first place is for nastypass, which doesn't involve speed at all, right?

look at you, trying to be all smarmy because you think you caught me in a slipup when you have no FUCKING clue what you're talking about. I bet you felt real proud of yourself after you hit submit on that one, right? what a fucking pathetic excuse for a human you are

>>32604832
>taunt
Stopped by protect, bounced by Espeon
>shadow tag
does not stop baton pass; also, lead gothitelle vs scolipede, good plan
>unaware
straight up loses to stored power mons and you can't do jack shit about it

>>32604872
>this is how 1200 speak to people

that is some mega projection there, buddy. how about you go back and learn a little about the history of baton pass in all the Smogon tiers, then tell me if you still think that way.
>>
>>32604832
None of those work vs batton pass.

Stored power is actually able to muscle through unaware by BP alone, heck unaware+haze can actually lose vs batton pass with just 2 misspredictions.

You are clearly retarded if you think STag works vs switch moves.
>>
>>32603911
Please do
>>
>>32604960

I do not speak in low ladder language.

Please come back later.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 286x176px
>>32603696
He doesn't use Haze.
>>
File: dda.jpg (20KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
dda.jpg
20KB, 540x540px
>[Current year]
>Not running Haze or Psyche Up
Retards like you are why it was banned, not because BP is any good. It's complete garbage against literally every decent comp.
>>
>>32604960
I really doubt your above 1700, hell I would be surprised if you were 1500 on the ladder. Literally no good player can be this retarded
>>
>>32604832

Shadow Tag isn't a thing and Espeon eats unaware mons alive.
>>
ITT: Scummy Balancefags acting high and mighty and poking fun at Offense and Stallbros.
>>
>>32605036
>>32605241

>I don't have any actual counterarguments so let's just call him low elo and hope no one notices that we have no clue about anything related to the usage of BP in high ladder play, where it's most rampant and most obviously effective.

boy has this thread been eye-opening. if you guys had even an iota of experience with what baton pass can do, or understood that it turns games into functional coinflips...boy, you guys would be singing a different tune, holy fuck
>>
>>32605675
This is /vp/. You shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>32605280
It's almost like proper teambuilding triumphs over stallfags and HObabbies
>>
>>32605699
countering BP is not proper teambuilding because a counter BP team loses against every non-BP team
>>
>>32603911
go head zamrock
>>
>>32605699

>bring team full of shitty gimmicks like prankster perish trapper murkrow and haze on every other mon
>never lose to baton pass
>immediately lose to literally every other kind of team except baton pass

thanks, """"""""""proper team building"""""""""; couldn't have done it without you!
>>
>>32607239
I want ELO hell to leave.
>>
File: Charizard.full.2011873.jpg (1MB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
Charizard.full.2011873.jpg
1MB, 1000x1414px
>>32603696
Don't play on showdown or anything like that but I've come across a few baton pass Scolipedes in battle spot and a Charizard X with Flame Charge can take them out with relative ease.
>>
File: 1424077224757.jpg (19KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
1424077224757.jpg
19KB, 217x320px
>this could all have been prevented if gale wings wasnt nerfed
>>
I don't play AG so I wonder, is a denisss team the best possible thing you can use there?
>>
>>32603696
>prankster+taunt says nope
>>
>>32608371
>magic bounce
>>
>>32608389
If they go hard into Espeon, they don't get the Speed.
>>
That's seriously what you're trying to get banned? When it seems like 40% of the people on showdown are running trick room teams these days?
>>
>>32608429
Turn 1
>scolipede protects
>you waste a turn taunting
Turn 2
>your paper thin prankster mon taunts the enemy scolipede
>the enemy scolipede chunks your prankster mon for at least half its health instead of wasting a turn on baton pass

well, your one answer to baton pass is now unable to switch in on anything and the BP team just plays patiently until it does, kills it, and wins.

not bad, though, your strat worked better than mos of the other suggestions

>>32608346
that or 6 Z-Geomancy Xerneas (ingrain/rest/geomancy/moonblast @fairium Z) with Max HP and Max DEF investment and hope your opponent didn't bring psych up Arceus poison
>>
>>32604960
>also, lead gothitelle vs scolipede
Actually bulky Gothitelle can take a Megahorn from Scolipede and has a good chance of OHKOing it even without investment.
>>
>>32605241
>I really doubt your above 1700, hell I would be surprised if you were 1500 on the ladder
same could be said for you
>>
I bought a 2ds & moon & powersave since they banned pheromosa, dont regret my decision at all after all the ridiculous bans theyve made since. So glad im gone from the toxic smogon baby community where no one can use their brains they just cry ban all the time. Fuck em. Gonna report them every day to nintendo.
>>
>>32610563
>he actually misses Deo-A but even more insane
Good fucking riddance 2bh
>>
>>32608316 better keep the pebbles up son
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.