[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm on episode 27. Will this ever get good or was I memed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: Xy-anime-poster.jpg (342KB, 638x792px) Image search: [Google]
Xy-anime-poster.jpg
342KB, 638x792px
I'm on episode 27. Will this ever get good or was I memed into watching it by /vp/?
Everyone is so nice to each other that it's sickening along with the praising of Ash being a god. It's so fucking boring.
The fight scenes are nice though.
>>
This is a bait thread nobody respond.
>>
You're almost at the good part. Then it's a bunch of garbage until XYZ, then more garbage.
>>
>watching the ashnime
>>
>>32603062

You could watch a good anime with good characters and just paste Pokemon characters on top.
>>
>>32603062
I felt exactly the same way when I watched it. I gave up at Korrina.
>>
>>32603077
We can't criticize the XY anime on this board now?
>>
>>32603062
No, it's like that all the way through. XY fanboys are deluded. The ashnime stopped being any semblance of good after the sinnoh arc ended.
>>
>>32603163
>>32603168
>>32603158
>>32603122
>>32603091
>>32603084
Every single post here is wrong.
>>
OP is vallhala.tumblr.com

Weird sperg faggot
>>
>>32603062
It starts to get OK once Serena starts doing something, and it gets good in XYZ, but then they fuck the pacing among other things and it gets shit again.
>>
>>32603173
Nice argument. You sure convinced me amourfag.
>>
>>32603062
Dropped this around 30 episodes in because everything just felt incredibly boring/underwhelming, except maybe the Alain specials. And the only other things that helped me stay that long was the new pokemon and the question if Serena was actually going to do something relevant. I thought I'd like competent Ash because I hated what BW did, but he just bored me, and the group interactions didn't help.
>>
>>32603209
Incompetent Ash was a big complaint about BW, so I like to think they tried to make up for it in XY, but went too much the other way, making him infallible with everyone loving him unconditionally.
>>
>>32603062
The XY anime is exactly like the XY games. Boring and hollow, saved only by aesthetics, ergo battle animations and 3d.
>>
>>32603177
>>>/b/ or go away you /pol/ist
>>
Why do so many people like XY when it's the same shit as always just with nicer looking battles?
>>
>>32603282
Its basically Naruto Shippuden in Pokemon form
>>
>>32603062
Meme'd
Everyone knows the actual good parts are the first 50 or so episodes
>>
>>32603393
>S-shuut up! Final Fantasy XIII starts getting good 20 hours in!
>>
>>32603062
you're watching the Pokemon anime
>>
>>32603209
>if Serena was actually going to do something relevant.
She never does.

t. ashnime cuck
>>
>>32603343
It makes Naruto look like a masterpiece.

If Naruto is babby's first shonen, XY is Naruto's diaper load.
>>
Meme'd to greatness by amourfags and ashnime autists. Ash doesn't have a personality, Serena is about as generic of an idol waifu as she can possibly get, Clemont and Bonnie are post-OS Brock tier useless 90% of the time and the cast chemistry is bland and force.

The only okay portions are the Alain episodes and the Flare arc. Honestly anything not having to do with Alain or Flare is sleep-inducing and variations of narrative tropes that have been used in the anime in some form since the original series. The battles look good but most of the interestingly choreographed parts are so small that they can be fit into gifs; they're only impressive compared what battles looked like before XY.
>>
>>32604940
>Ash doesn't have a personality
>meme'd
>>
Better shit that OS-AG-BW-SM but still shit
>>
It's more exciting than a lot of the seasons post season 1, but ultimately it shows that even at it's best, the Pokemon anime can only aspire to be a generic battle shounen.
Also, it really shows how no matter how much the writers try to create permanent changes to characters, there's no real point, since the studio will just undo it all next series.

It's better than usual, but getting so close to being decent just highlights it's issues more.
>>
>>32604961
>>Ash doesn't have a personality

This is correct. Compare him to OS where he actually seemed like a human being and not a cardboard cutout and it's like night and day.
>>
XY and XYZ are overrated as hell. XY was especially bad since the majority of the early episodes were filler.
>>
>>32603062
It only starts really getting good around the time Serena changes looks and it switches to the 3rd OP. That's like 50 episodes in.

Still, it's not the worth sitting through 140 episodes. Ash-Greninja vs M-Charizard sucked and the league was as pointless as ever, and the Team Flare conclusion was crap. It was relatively better than other evil team plots in the anime, but it was still crap.
>>
>>32603343
I'm not saying Naruto Shippuden is great, but it certainly has a more engaging plot line than SM, which pretty much only feels compelling with Flare is around.
>>
>>32603062
It gets better as the series progresses. Then, it gets really good with XY&Z (minus the league final part but we don't talk about that).
>>
File: 1288044131337.jpg (156KB, 641x720px) Image search: [Google]
1288044131337.jpg
156KB, 641x720px
At least with Best Wishes I was disappointed because the series started with so much potential. With XY I never got into it from the start, every so often I'd check in on the series to see if it had gotten any better and every time it seemed the same. I can point to specific things that disappointed me about Best Wishes such as the rushed league, the abandoned rivalries and saving Team Plasma for a post-league arc that also ended up being rushed but with XY never had anything I was invested in.
>>
>>32603168
This. Only reason its liked is because it appealed to the most basic desires from the fans. Ash is a strong alpha and has a girl that likes him.
>>
>>32605159
Honestly only people I know who like xy are Hispanics
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.