[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>We will never have a pokemon game that allows swearing SAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3109.jpg (80KB, 640x328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3109.jpg
80KB, 640x328px
>We will never have a pokemon game that allows swearing
SAD
>>
>>32593515
Just remove the Rabbids from the game and call it "Mario Kingdom Battle"

Problem solved
>>
These are only internal slides. The real game or promotions for it won't have swearing. Also who seriously cares if a video game has swearing in it or not?
>>
>personnalities
>>
>>32593529
>>32593529
This. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets it.
>>
>>32593515

>No Bowser
>No Wario & Waluigi
>No Dong
>Just 4 characters and 4 Rabbids cosplaying as those characters
>>
>>32593529
>>32593601
I dont care much about preventing swearing but nintendo has had a bad habit of censoring SINGLE PLAYER games. Which isnt so much of an insult in and of itself but it actually interferes sometimes with regular words.

Remember how you weren't allowed to use the word "from" in MHTri? Because it was apparently offensive in some european country nobody cares about.
In pokemon's case, I want to name my character or pokemon whatever I want and it's easy for censorship to ruin names.
>>
Is this supposed to be overwatch?
>>
>>32593825

No, this is a turn-based RPG. You don't directly control the characters.
>>
>>32593693
I'm assuming by "MHTri" you're referring to Monster Hunter Tri which is Capcom not Nintendo. Pokemon has a large focus on trading and battling it makes sense that they wouldn't let you name your Pokemon whatever you want. I would hardly call that censorship. Overall though Nintendo is pretty alright when it comes to this. Animal Crossing puts no restrictions on what you can name things or tell your animals to say even though other players can visit your town. The game just gives you warnings that you may come across something offensive.
>>
>>32593693
>nintendo has had a bad habit of censoring SINGLE PLAYER games

I get your argument, the problem is you're conflating different metrics. Nintendo isn't a person who's personally prudish, Nintendo is a company with its finger in the wind.

Nintendo hesitated to enter the digital age, in part because they lose control. Introducing a real-time peer to Animal Crossing opened the door for spammed text, spammed holes, stolen items, chopped trees, etc. Wild World was among their first online games, and I think that game was foundational.

Before online, there were examples of the pre-set text, Pokemon had trends and phrases back in Gen 3. This wasn't an issue of censorship, it was about ease-of-use.

In Mario Kart 8, I can't say "you're shit", but is that "censorship"? I'd argue the context lends itself more to those pre-made messages rather, otherwise most messages would be unfinished or players would contend with "player is typing" messages.

It can't be argued Nintendo tries to foster an area where kids can play and parents not worry. The problem with making this assessment at every turn is you forgo skepticism, having pre-determined their intent.
>>
File: 1477206002077.png (315KB, 500x521px) Image search: [Google]
1477206002077.png
315KB, 500x521px
>>32593515
where's that DAMN fourth gym badge?
>>
File: DAZnb4a.png (11KB, 62x64px) Image search: [Google]
DAZnb4a.png
11KB, 62x64px
>>32593624
>>No Dong
Haven't you seen the box art?
>>
File: IMG_0152.jpg (84KB, 393x325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0152.jpg
84KB, 393x325px
>>32593515
>Paper Mario will never be an RPG like TTYD ever again, but Mario will have an RPG with the video game minions and guns and swearing
>>
>>32593693
I still remember how you couldn't trade a co"fag"rigus over GTS for a while.
>>
>>32593515
FUCKING HELL, I KNOW, RIGHT?
GODDAMN EVERYONE KNOWS THAT SWEARING MAKES YOU LOOK SUPER MATURE AND SHIT.
>>
File: dawn_pokemons_sweetheart.jpg (221KB, 800x819px) Image search: [Google]
dawn_pokemons_sweetheart.jpg
221KB, 800x819px
>>32593515
>>We will never have a pokemon game that allows swearing

I'm content with fanart exploring that angle.
>>
>>32593515
>#babby
>>
>>32594212
It says #Sassy
>>
>Wanting a Pokemon game full of "fuck you fuck you fuck you shit fuck you fuck you fuck you damn fuck you hell shit shit shit mother fucker holy shit fucker fuck you what the fuck you know what fuck you and your mother you asshole"

Wow, so mature. Brilliant ingenious writing no one else could think of.
>>
File: EarthboundCrap.png (17KB, 511x450px) Image search: [Google]
EarthboundCrap.png
17KB, 511x450px
OP pic is bait but there's nothing wrong with mild swearing. It's not as black and white as you guys are making it out to be.
>>
>>32593515

Shadow the Hedgehog is why this would be a terrible idea.

>Where's that damn FOURTH Chaos Emerald?
>even though he shouts damn and not fourth, the word "fourth" is the one that is capitalised
>>
>>32593906
I don't think there's anything really WRONG with having child-friendly games that kids can actually play online without being called niggercocks. Shit just wants to include kids, yo.
>>
>>32594336
Neither do I anon, I was just pandering to the sensibilities of the 'anti-safe-space' crowd, to more effectively make a point.

Entertainment is supposed to be escapism, and if I'm escaping to a fluffy cartoon land I generally don't need caustic bullshit seeping through.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.