[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We need to discuss Steels and Fairies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Usage Stats 24.5.png (139KB, 333x636px) Image search: [Google]
Usage Stats 24.5.png
139KB, 333x636px
I think it's a widely held view that the Steel and Fairy typings are probably the two typings that benefit a mon the most. The resistances they give are insane, and many shitmons have benefited from them.

This however has inevitably led to the domination of mons with these typings on the metagames, whether it be the official Singles and Doubles metagames or Smogons own metas.

Lets take a look at the image on the right for example, which is an image of the currently most used mons in BSS as of this morning, nearly half the mons listed are Steel or Fairy, with one of those mons being both. On the other hand, Dark has been rendered extinct with only Greninja left, Rock type might as well be renamed to Aerodactyl type, and Ice? LMAO

I'm not calling for these Steel and Fairy to be nerfed, I'm 100% sure that ain't gonna happen anytime soon, but other types need a buff, and by buff I don't mean in added resistances or immunities, but actual good mons who can hold their own.

It IS possible to have a good Ice mon, but they need to stop being given shitty stats and archetypes. A defensive Ice mon should NOT be a thing.
>>
Another thing...can they nerf dual types so they don't completely invalidate most single typed pokemon? Literally only 3 single typed pokemon in that image.
>>
>>32593206
Buff types that resist Fairy or Steel, like Fire, and by types that suffer from those, like Dark, Dragon and Fighting.
Give Rock-type some usable moves. Fuck Ice.
>>
>>32593251
>Buff fire
No.
>>
>>32593253
Why not? It's the perfect counter for both Steel and Fairy.
>>
>>32593259
If it's already the perfect counter then it doesn't need to be buffed.
>>
Make Ice resist Ground and Flying. Fairy no longer resists Bug, and Grass and Bug now resist Fairy. Steel was just a mistake, the whole type needs a complete rework. It can remain a good defensive type without resisting literally over half of the dex (see Water).
>>
Just make the Pokemon better
>>
>>32593206
If you remove the Tapus, fairies aren't that many.
>>
>>32593206
Wasn't Heracross like #7 a week ago? Was it just hype?
>>
>>32593206
Dark also has Mega Gyara
>>
>>32593241
>Porygon2, Hippowdon, Kangaskhan, Cresselia
>3
>>
>>32594347
New toy syndrome, his usage is plummeting now and he'll probs be out of the top 30 by the time of the next update. :(

Ah well, at least he had his time in the Sun
>>
>>32593206
Is Mimikyu that good? It always seemed lackluster to me. Not bad, mind you, but first place above Charizard/Koko/Lando/M-Salamence? Meh.
>>
>>32594858
Charizard isnt good either.
>>
>>32594868
I suppose you're right.
>>
>>32593289
Better yet, make Fairy not effect Grass, Bug, and Ice. Have Psychic resist it as well.
Steel should not resist itself, and be weak to Ice and Psychic as well.
>>
>>32593206
Fairy should be resisted by grass, bug and psychic, with the later being super effective against it.
This gives weak psychic types a new strength, and as a bonus, pushes cancerous psychic types enough to throw them in a far away place called ubers. At the same time, fairy becomes a worse offensive type, which doesn't prevent fairy shitmons from being shitmons, but at least creates more answer to the meta-dominant ones.

Regarding steel, I think it doesn't need a nerf per se. I always liked the idea of an almost omni-defensive type, and gamefreak at least did put some thought into it and made it weak to the 3 best offensive types in the game to compensate. If anything, types AROUND steel should be buffed to nerf steel: make poison resist it (if water can resist steel because "muh rust", then so should poison because "muh corrosion") and make the moves acid and acid spray stronger (at least 70bp for acid) and hit steel types super effectively like freeze-dry does for water. I would also make electric super effective on steel but I think this might be pushing it too much, since the worst steel types (and the best electric types) don't really deserve it.
>>
File: 1484733149190.jpg (124KB, 807x703px) Image search: [Google]
1484733149190.jpg
124KB, 807x703px
The tears and suggestions in this thread are so over the top it's hilarious. Keep bringing 'em folks.
>>
You know, it's a shame it will never happen because GF is trying its hardest to pretend Jynx doesn't exist, but a Jynx evo would be the perfect Ice special cannon. Jynx's stats are 65/50/30/115/95/95 for a total of 455. Giving it a +5 increase in defenses, +30 in Sp.Atk, +20 Speed and +25 in HP for a total of 540 (same as Electivire and Magmortar) would make it a speedy and powerful special attacker with enough special bulk that it can take a hit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.