[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Make Magcargo viable without changing his typing, giving him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: 600px-219Magcargo.png (255KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-219Magcargo.png
255KB, 600x600px
Make Magcargo viable without changing his typing, giving him a mega, making up an ability for him, giving him an ability or attack that wouldn't make sense for a snail made of magma and rocks (so no speed boost or spore), and without adding more than 20 points to his BST.
Can you do it?

Bonus Round, don't buff his speed at all or give him water absorb.
>>
>>32590911
>make him viable, except youre not allowed to do anything that would make him viable
sweet thread yo
>>
>>32590940
this

the heck do you expect?
>>
okay I change the rules of the game so fire/rock types (just that combo exclusively) are immune to everything and magcargo gets 260x bonus to damage from stab instead of the usual amount.
>>
give him the move magma rise. It gets rid of all his weaknesses.

You didn't say I couldn't make up moves
>>
>>32590911
Every other Pokemon takes -200 to BST
Water and ground attacks don't exist anymore.

What do I win?
>>
>>32590940
>>32590959
Everyone else came up with something.
Why are you so uncreative?
>>
>>32590911
Give him a move that burns all enemy pokemon on the field. Now he has a niche in doubles.
>>
I give Magcargo Storm Drain
>>
>>32590977
Do tell anon. How would you make a pokemon that has a double weakness to 2 of the most common attack types with all those limitations?
>>
Delete every single Pokemon that is not Magcargo from existence
>>
>>32590983
this
>>
>>32590911

Uh... give him Storm Drain? All 20 points into special attack. Shit, uh...
>>
>>32590984
-110 defense
-40 atk
-40 hp
+110 speed
+80 special attack
Give him Sturdy
>>
File: ignelix.png (176KB, 430x337px) Image search: [Google]
ignelix.png
176KB, 430x337px
>>32590911
HP: 90
Attack: 65
Defense: 130
Sp. Atk: 100
Sp. Def: 100
Speed: 40
Is eviolite Magcargo now somewhat viable?
>>
arena trap
+20 to speed
access to burn up

there, it has a niche.
never going to be top tier OU, but at least now it's possible to have some fun with it
>>
Wow, great thread O
>>
>>32590911
simple
>>
>>32591014
What's simple?
>>
Macargo gets a free shell smash on entering the field.
>>
>>32591019
the ability simple
>>
>>32591020
>He still doesn't outspeed anything.
>>
>>32591020
I get a free shell smash when I see ur mom on wednesdays and fridays.

haha GOT EEEM
>>
Fuck Magcargo. Let's make him worse instead.
>>
>>32591004
This. Give him an evo for eviolite, then give him Storm Drain.

Also a Fire-type Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes that burns the opponent switching in. 20 points in Sp.Att. He's viable now
>>
>>32591014
>>32591019
>GF introduces a new terrain that prevents stats buffs next gen
>>
>>32591030
You know what, anon?
Go ahead, make him worse. I can't imagine him possible getting worse without doing something really dumb like bringing all his stats down to 1, so go ahead.
>>
>>32591025
Macargo gets auto trick room.
>>
>>32590911
Desolate Land.

It fits because he's hotter than the sun and would destroy everything around him.

Ez
>>
>>32591054
>Still cant kill
>>
>>32590911
With your limitations it's not possible, but I'll try.
·Gets Scorching Rocks, a fire type Stealth Rocks (doesnt' stack with the pebbles, but can replace them)
·Gets Magma Body, an ability that has a chance to burn on contact, doubles the power of fire type moves and reduces by half the damage of water moves (basically a fire type water bubble + flame body)
·Gets +20 HP
·Gets Eruption

That should make it a little less shit
>>
>>32591046
>Ability: Team Torcher
When switching into battle, Magcargo burns all of your other Pokemon, whether on the field or benched.
>>
>>32591055

Also these are his stats now
>>
>>32591046
Magma Armor is replaced by Shell Armor and Flame Body is replaced by Illuminate.
>>
>>32591046

Magcargo now explodes upon entering battle.
>>
>>32590911
Git gud. Magbro can be both a physical wall and shell smash sweeper.
>>
>>32591046
Easy.

>Slugma can only be found in the wild in the postgame area, at Lv5-10
>Slugma learns no fire moves until Lv40 (Ember)
>Slugma only evolves by walking 100,000 steps (Roughly 10 long egg cycles)
>Magcargo's only ability is now Magma Armor, which now doubles the egg cycles instead of halving them, and also slightly reduces the happiness and HP of all other pokemon in your party
>>
>>32591046
he got +10HP from gen 6 to gen7. Revert that.
>>
>>32591046
Owning a Magcargo deletes your save file and bricks your DS. There.
>>
>>32591073
He also now learns Eruption, Thunderbolt (storms caused by an eruption), Sludge Wave (toxic conditions from an eruption), Ice Beam (volcanic ash makes things very cold), Energy Ball (because it comes from nature), and Tail Glow (Jap name is firefly light and lava is very bright).
>>
>>32591082
Maybe if your opponent's team is six Sunkerns, and probably not even then.
>>
>>32591081
He said make him worse, not better.
>>
>>32591046
It gets an ability that makes it so it can only be used against Arboks.
>>
>>32590911
New Ability: Pyroclastic
Whenever hit by a Ground-type move, Magcargo takes no damage and gains +1 Defense stage. If Magcargo is at +6 defense, it loses the Fire typing and fully regains its health.
>>
>>32591046
Switch attack and defense

Since magcargo is an honorary hoenn mon it should get the standard slow frail mixed attacker stat spead
>>
>>32591113
>6 sunkerns
lava plume
shell smash
guard swap
snore
>>
Magma Armor: Physical Contact moves have no effect.

Considering Magcargo's nightmares are stone edge, earthquake and most special water moves, it actually wouldn't be all that broken on it. It could potentially wall out some mons.
>>
>>32591300
Also, yeah, just saying that Magma Armor should be changed from preventing freeze. Literally protection against the most unseen status ailment is not Magcargo's biggest worry.
>>
Ability is now Drought
Gains +20 SpA
Learns Magma Storm, Spikes, Power Gem, Parting Shot, and Searing Shot.

There you go, it's now a decent weather setter. Finding a niche for him like this is far less retarded than trying to make him into a sweeper or a tank.
>>
>>32590911
Ultra Shell Smash
Priority +69
Boosts all stats by 8 levels (beyond the normal 6 levels) and does 1000 damage to all enemies.

Get fucked kid.
>>
>>32591046
He's now Ice/Rock
>>
>>32591377
>Focus Sash
>Counter
gg
>>
>>32591385
It's not either a special or physical move, it's simply a "Magcargo" move that is uncounterable.

Your move.
>>
>>32591402
Sturdy Aron with Endeavor and Shell Bell
>>
>>32591428
Ultra Shell Smash now hits 10 times.
>>
First off, give him Power Gem and maybe some strong special signature move that's rock type, since the best special STAB he has is Ancient Power. Give him Sturdy(Replace Magma Armor)+Metal Burst/Mirror Coat and he's now basically Bastiodon, another mon harassed by common water, ground, and fighting moves, except Magcargo has a usable offensive stat. Also now he can play weakness policy or metal burst mindgames. Sturdy also enables it to take a hit and use Z-Memento, allowing a sweeper to come in safe and set up if Magcargo is at full health against a revenge killer. Baton Pass also lets Magcargo slowly switch into something else safely, as well as pass on a boost from one of its many set up moves. Give him a Special variation of Explosion like how they introduced Giga Impact when Hyper Beam became Special, maybe fire type instead of normal since, you know, explosions. Also, Eruption makes sense given the fire spewing upward from the pore in his shell. Can also function as diet Golem via Sturdy with stuff like Custap Berry Explosion/Special Explosion, Stealth Rock, or Attack with a strong move like Overheat. It's completely outclassed still, but Darmanitan's not a bad pokemon just because Victini exists. Sturdy Pain Split can also take a chunk out of an opponent, depending on how much HP they have. Give 20 extra special attack and primarily use Magcargo against walls, either setting up in their face with its various stat boosting moves or using clear smog to stop stockpilers and the like in their tracks. Another potential ability would be innards out or aftermath, since I imagine defeating a combusting snail could result in an explosion of rocky debris.

This one's for you, Ivan Ooze and Melvin Tooz. Happy Birthday.
>>
>>32591566
>the best special STAB he has is Ancient Power
Pretty sure that would be Flamethrower.
>>
>>32590911
All other pokemon that aren't Magcargo are now some mix of Flying/Fire/Ice/Bug types. And they only learn moves of these types. All of these pokemon are slower than Magcargo after a Weak Armor proc.

Finally, the newest competitive mode involves hatching as many pokemon as you can in a limited time.
>>
>>32591574
*Special Rock STAB

There. Should've been clear what I meant when I said Ancient Power. Also, if we're getting technical, Heat Wave is better in Doubles, and Overheat is better in Mag's current case, since he's not sticking around long enough to feel the pain of -2 SpAtk.
>>
+10 in HP
+10 in S Def

Magma armor becomes a Fire equivalent of Water Bubble:
Immune to freeze, resists Water one step more, doubles the power of Fire type moves
Camerupt's Magma Armor gets replaced by Oblivious or something, sorry boi.

Now learns Power Gem, Eruption and Magma Storm.
>>
File: Delete this.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Delete this.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>32591075
>>
>>32590911
Give it +20 Speed, access to Burn Up, and give it Power Gem.
Now it can reasonably outspeed a few things after Shell Smash, ditch its Fire typing (And thus 4x weaknesses), and then proceed to hit pretty damn hard with an unusual special Rock focus.
I tried.
>>
File: 218.png (9KB, 205x229px) Image search: [Google]
218.png
9KB, 205x229px
>>32591566
>tfw you die on your birthday
>>
File: Fugging help.gif (4KB, 89x83px) Image search: [Google]
Fugging help.gif
4KB, 89x83px
>>32591912
>tfw you die on your birthday in a parallel universe
>>
>>32590911
Give it a move similar to shell smash, except instead of
+2 Atk, +2 SpA, -1 Def, -1 SpD +2 Spe
it gives
+2 Atk +2 SpA +1 Def +1 SpD -2 Spe
Now it can setup and be used in Trick Room I guess.
>>
>>32591058
This is the winner
>>
>>32591566
I take it back this is the winner
>>
>>32591307
Plus Magcargo can literally just heal itself of Freeze by using a fire attack. Worst ability
>>
>>32590911
Depends on what you mean by "viable" cause I could give it scald and +20 in speed and then it finally wouldn't be outclassed by every fire type in the game. Its still crap tho. Magcargo need a complete overhaul to be OU or UU viable.
>>
>>32591241
Fuck you, autistic underage piece of shit
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.