[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did we get Crystal version instead of Bronze version?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2016.png (862KB, 580x863px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2016.png
862KB, 580x863px
Why did we get Crystal version instead of Bronze version?
>>
>>32589638
Better question:

Entei gets focus in the anime
Suicune gets focus in the games

Where the fuck is the love for Raikou?
>>
File: Poke_rental_Raikou_special.jpg (195KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Poke_rental_Raikou_special.jpg
195KB, 800x600px
>>32590077
Anime special was for Raikou, anon
>>
>>32590127
WAIT WHAT
THERE'S A RAIKOU SPECIAL
WITH KRIS

WHAT

...was it any good?
>>
>>32590129
It was eeeh okay.
>>
>>32590154
Aw. Oh well. At least Raikou's decent in the TCG.
>>
>>32590127
How does his hair work?
>>
File: Pokémon Bronze Version.png (4KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon Bronze Version.png
4KB, 160x144px
>>32589638
What do you mean? Bronze Version is right here.
>>
>>32589638
Because people would assume Bronze is worse than Gold or Silver
>>
>>32590342
This.
Crystal on the other hand sounds interesting and special.
>>
>>32589638
Bronze sounds like garbage compared to crystal.
>>
>>32589638
If anything, gen 2 should have had Platinum, and gen 4 should have had Crystal.

>Gold-Silver-Platinum
>Diamond-Pearl-Crystal
>>
>>32590342
Just like how Silver was worse than Gold.
>>
>>32592465
This.
>>
>>32590129
Not to be that guy, but it was better in Japan. The dub really took a tole on that special, removing whole scenes. It was set up like an episode of its own series, with a unique OP and ED.

It does nothing major, but it managed to feel really true to the world and to the Johto games.
>>
Oh, right, the OP.

It being "Crystal" is a chicken/egg situation. The third movie was originally going to focus on crystals which revived fossils, including a not-Pokemon T-Rex. The film was going to delve into the animals which existed before Pokemon.

This was clearly scrapped, but the last film's "Lugia", as a concept, predated Silver, so it's possible this film idea predates or dovetailed the Crystal name.
>>
>>32592465
diamond is a crystal
>>
>Fourth movie was meant to be about Raikou while Celebi got dealth with in the show
>Execs demand 4th movie be about Celebi and fuck everything up.

Still mad. Hopefully Raikou gets a movie eventually like Ho-oH is.
>>
>>32593599
Who really cares about an one-off special, though? And at least the dub bothered to dub it, whereas nowadays, they'd skip over it- a bad dub is better than no dub.
>>
>>32593671
>GS ball was forgotten
Fuck the nips
>>
>>32593711
>Who really cares about an one-off special, though?

Who cares about the series as a whole? There's no continuity, when there was it was fleeting. The 'end' of each series is highly telegraphed.

In a short runtime, the special manages to eek out a lot of world building, and showed a different engle to the world.

It showed us 'three kids setting off' something alluded to, but never shown in the series proper. It's the only appearance of 'Silver'. It's one of the few times the anime leans heavily into Pokemon nicknames. Kris is a bae.

> nowadays, they'd skip over it- a bad dub is better than no dub.

I'm guessing you aren't familiar with Chronicles. This special was left undubbed, for about 5 years. It wasn't until the Japanese 'side stories' pilled up that 4Kids went back to dub this, and the 1999 Christmas special, among others.

They removed the whole opening scene, letterboxed the next scene, made a male Rocket Grunt female, renamed league finalist "Vincent" as "Jimmy", it called Eusine "Eugene", and removed the entire end scene.

Raikou was, objectively, the messiest Pokemon dub ever released. Don't get me wrong, I was exposed to the special through the dub, I still have fondness for the performances, but as a whole it's a fucking joke.
>>
>>32593838
Oh yeah, and they never pronounce "Raikou" correctly.

It genuinely feels like this special lacked the same oversight as other Pokemon dubs--like whomever helmed One Piece stepped in here.
>>
>>32592465
But ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are all crystals already
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.