[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vp/OC - Original Character Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 43

File: fec9044b9e5c575234a51f37fabb9966.png (668KB, 1400x1043px) Image search: [Google]
fec9044b9e5c575234a51f37fabb9966.png
668KB, 1400x1043px
Last one went better than anyone expected, so why not another.

This is /vp/OC, where we discuss original characters, stories, roleplay experiences and other such material. Don't be afraid to display your autism in its full glory, several did it last thread and nobody got hurt as far as I know.
>>
>>32588463
There was that one guy who posted the nano machine, ladyboy demon thing.
>>
File: tort.jpg (141KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tort.jpg
141KB, 800x800px
>>32588480
Let's not bring that back to mind.
>>
>>32588480
>posting non-pokemon related stuff in a pokemon board

OC threads are autism incarnate to begin with but like ...Seriously can someone be more autistic?
>>
>>32588514
I've seen quite a few, I think pokemon is one of the few fandoms where the OCs aren't complete cancer. As long as they are trainers, when you see actual pokemon, then you get into furry territory.
>>
>>32588306
You mean this one?
>>
>>32588621
>As long as they are trainers, when you see actual pokemon, then you get into furry territory.

You say that like its a bad thing
>>
File: Gen 7 fly.png (704KB, 951x1483px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 7 fly.png
704KB, 951x1483px
May as well post something I did during the gen 7 hype train.
>>
File: nonna.png (834KB, 2098x2000px) Image search: [Google]
nonna.png
834KB, 2098x2000px
This many posts and no OCs, who /variants/ here?

This Ninetales had an Arcanine daddy! Shame it's yet another scrapped character of mine.
>>
File: IMG_5520.jpg (43KB, 246x171px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5520.jpg
43KB, 246x171px
Here's mine. He's used in various RP groups for comedic slapstick and bullying.
He's just a naive researcher from Hearthome who's got an idiot heart and love for Pokemon.
>>
>>32588737
Shit, forgot his name. It's Jake Redbud.
>>
>>32588714
What am I seeing here, is it the ultimate pokemon Arcaninetales?
>>
File: Kteam.png (257KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kteam.png
257KB, 960x768px
i posted the rough graveler chick in the last thread, here's another v rough sketch of my (mainly bird) trainer girl

>>32588702
that's awesome
>>
>>32588775
That is just a guy with small ass tits
>>
>>32588793
hey man whatever floats your boat
>>
>>32588775
Needs a toucanon
>>
File: kas1.png (150KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
kas1.png
150KB, 512x768px
>>32588831
not a bad idea anon
>>
Wellll I might as well join in this time around. Here's a pic of my kung-fu happy trainer girl.
>>
File: Henrionherown2.png (127KB, 359x1045px) Image search: [Google]
Henrionherown2.png
127KB, 359x1045px
This is my biker lady. She spends a good portion of her time terrorizing trainers and training Poison and Steel types.

Also she bully, it's a hobby for her these days
>>
>>32588842
she's cute, love the scarf.

>>32588845
i like her style
does she have a full team?
>>
>>32588853
Only four at the moment, A nidoqueen who is mostly her opposite in personality, a Skarmory, A Venonat, and a Trapinch she caught just to get out of a desert.

A lot of her party is mostly based on what she can be assed to train at any given moment.
>>
>>32588872
>A nidoqueen who is mostly her opposite in personality
sounds like a recipe for disaster. or an opportunity for two beings to learn from one another (or some other pokemon anime cliche.)
>>
File: Nidoqueen2.jpg (97KB, 913x875px) Image search: [Google]
Nidoqueen2.jpg
97KB, 913x875px
>>32588958
It's mostly that the Nidoqueen is aggressively sweet when not in battle and is slow to really wise up to what's going on.

Of course once she decides it's time to fight it's still a Nidoqueen.
>>
>>32589057
>Of course once she decides it's time to fight it's still a Nidoqueen.

based.
i hope they become soul sisters.
>>
File: garbador.png (572KB, 1062x1011px) Image search: [Google]
garbador.png
572KB, 1062x1011px
My character's this big military medic, who didn't get his first official pokemon till the end of his tour, because of it he learnt how to handle most fights without the need of a pokemon.
The pokemon he does have end up as more dire versions of the pokemon due to training it differently.
He uses a big garbador, that has a trashcan full of props in his stomach.
>>
>>32589180
>He uses a big garbador,
i love trubbish and garbador, does your char have any plans to catch more pokemon or maybe befriend any?
>>
>>32588767
I'm guessing a lot of weed jokes are made at his expense
>>
>>32589226
Whatever he thinks would suit him.
So far he has a garbador muk, drifblim, Ursaring, stunky and cleffa.

Normally when he catches something in the group I'm in he gives it away. I get lucky on catch rolls.
>>
>>32589272
muk, drifblim, Ursaring, stunky and cleffa

nice team. man i hope he doesn't lose his garbador, they sound like comrades. but hey maybe i'm wrong and your other pokemon are closer to him.
>>
>>32589244
Yeah, though it's his purpose to be made fun of.
>>
>>32589388
Using him in Rp made me love the pokemon!
>>
File: enc.png (1MB, 2048x2304px) Image search: [Google]
enc.png
1MB, 2048x2304px
>>32589542
same happened to me with graveler.
>>
File: sending out poogeyman.gif (330KB, 368x272px) Image search: [Google]
sending out poogeyman.gif
330KB, 368x272px
>>32588463
Debating on finishing a Pokemon RP game I've been diddling on and off for awhile now.

Functions like a tabletop, and forum RP, but with altered game mechanics to make for a sensible system. Pic related.
>>
>>32589705
>altered game mechanics to make for a sensible system
can you give some examples?
>>
>>32589923
Rather than HM's have certain Pokemon that can ferry you across the water. Hard to image a horsea dragging you along.

Focusing on FR/LG's global dex feature instead of area spawns. Have a list of Pokemon that spawn on terrain types rather than X and Y spawning on route 8. Simple stuff like that.
>>
>>32588480
We don't talk about that guy
>>
File: 1481822316208.jpg (55KB, 687x663px) Image search: [Google]
1481822316208.jpg
55KB, 687x663px
>>32590350
Or apparently we do because you jokers gave him more (you)s than anything else in that last thread and are still making redundant replies to this one.

Holy fucking shit let this die.
>>
>>32590485
Never, he shall be mocked for all eternity
>>
>>32590505
Yeah, but in cringe threads. Don't pollute this one.
>>
>>32590519
Then post some OC shit, or talk about something seperate.

I've been thinking of setting up a few quests but I don't know how to end a dungeon without a giant boss fight.
>>
File: andromeda3.png (497KB, 1493x862px) Image search: [Google]
andromeda3.png
497KB, 1493x862px
I missed the last thread and I've been waiting for a new one. Ann has been through so many re-designs I've lost count but I think I've finally settled on a design I like (the hair at lest).
>>
>>32590714
Theme is a sort of cosmic/space thing? It's pretty neat. And Minior is best star-bro.

--
Don't have any art, but I have a couple concepts from when I was working on some Pokemon fics.

-Did a fic about an OC getting inducted as a Plasma Grunt. She started out with Purrloin, but would have ended up with a team of... I think either beast/animal themed, or something like that. Liepard, Darmanitan, Vullaby, Seviper, Houndoom, etc.

She had a rival/antagonist in a female Plasma admin playing strongly to the knight motif, with a team heavily themed around chess. Think the kind of person who wields a Honedge in combat, and you're on the money. Honedge, Aegislash, Nidoqueen, Bisharp, Vespiqueen.

-I was messing around with concept for another fic for a while, but it never materialized. Wanted to do something playing with Shinto themes and treating the Legendaries as god-figures. Priests of Ho-Oh and Lugia and all that. OC was a trainee miko, originally drawing off the Hex Maniac design, but became more of a miko in line with the Gen 1 channelers. Team would have ended as something like Vulpix/Ninetails, Bellossom, Gengar, possibly Darmanitan because I didn't use him in the other fic, maaybe Bronzong, and Spiritomb.

Game wise... I'm sorta tempted to play my next run of whatever as a Fisherman. Only fish pokes, so you get a team like... Bruxish, Gyrados, Huntail, Relicanth, Lanturn, with Octillery as your bro, helping you hold fishing rods and shit with his arms.

Not sure what kind of characterization I'd give that kind of OC... Possibly a real outdoor lover, with a touch of the environmentalist because of ocean conservation and all that.
>>
File: IMG_20170510_173840.jpg (522KB, 2537x1387px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170510_173840.jpg
522KB, 2537x1387px
Alcoholic slav gopnik who starts fights in bars with his Metagross named Goran.
>>
File: gaius3.png (766KB, 2000x1666px) Image search: [Google]
gaius3.png
766KB, 2000x1666px
>>32590714
This is one of my favorite designs I see posted, I still have one of the previous ones saved. Hair definitely went off the chain this time but I love it, favorite version of her. And even though your artstyle's different, the way you drew her still looks fitting enough for Pokemon. Much moreso than my humans, I should learn to branch my styles out.

Who is she anyway? Do you have plans for her? I suppose she's existed now for quite a while.
>>
File: skin.jpg (206KB, 763x702px) Image search: [Google]
skin.jpg
206KB, 763x702px
>>32591563
Hey thanks that means a lot. I really want to find the right balance between simplicity and detail and I think the hair fits that.

You know I haven't much thought about her background. She's mysterious I'll give you that. I did consider turning her into an android.. but I think that's a bit far out there.

>>32588714
This your human? Love the toldterra.
>>
>>32588463
Is there any good place to go for Pokemon RPs?
>>
File: pkmnhybridgyms_1-4.jpg (381KB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
pkmnhybridgyms_1-4.jpg
381KB, 1000x2000px
Since this is an OC thread, I’ll post my ideas for a Dual-Type Hybrid Pokémon League. I don’t have any drawings of the characters yet, so you’ll have to do with my lengthy descriptions.

>Martin

Martin is a film enthusiast and aspiring director who also runs a Pokémon Gym. His Gym is based around the movies, and is designed like a movie theater. His Dark-type Pokémon represent various movie genres. His Electric-type Pokémon are based around light. The Lux Badge also represents light, an important part of film. He is named after the famous director, Martin Scorcese.

>Auberon

Auburn is a bombastic, masculine fitness guru. With his outrageous personality (he’s kind of similar to Kamina from Gurren Lagann or Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist), he inspires people to enhance their muscles and do their best on the battlefield. His Gym is designed like a regular fitness gym. Even though he uses both Fighting and Fairy-type Pokémon, they excel in physical strength. Auberon is named after the king of the Fair Folk from Shakespeare’s play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream. If you defeat Auberon, he will give you the Titania Badge, which is named after his wife. In a postgame cutscene, you will see him deliver flowers to her grave.

>Bonney

Bonney’s Gym is based around a ghostly pirate ship. As Gym Leader, she serves as the ship’s captain. The ship also doubles as a tourist attraction, but Bonney is annoyed by this. Her Water-type Pokémon are vicious sea beasts, and her Ghost-types are themed around buried treasure. She will give you the Brine Badge. Bonney is named after the notorious female pirate, Anne Bonney.

>Smith

Smith’s Gym is designed around a metalworks factory/smelting plant. He runs a serious business and trains both Steel-type and Fire-type Pokémon. He will give you the Forge Badge if defeated.
>>
File: pkmnhybridgyms_5-8.jpg (395KB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
pkmnhybridgyms_5-8.jpg
395KB, 1000x2000px
>Hailey

Hailey’s Gym functions as a ski resort. You’ll find yourself traversing various hills and ski lifts while fighting trainers who use Ice and Grass-type Pokémon. If you defeat Hailey, she will give you the Powder Badge. Hailey’s personality is perky and friendly.

>Louise

Louise’s Gym is designed around a swamp/bayou, and contains treacherous toxic puzzles. You’ll be dealing with both Poison and Psychic-type Pokémon here. Louise is a cranky old fortune teller who wields Tarot cards as well as Poké Balls. If you best her, she’ll give you the Fortune Badge, shaped like a Tarot card. Louise is named after the state of Louisiana.

>Bea & Neil

Bea and Neil are the obligatory double Gym battle. Their Gym is designed around a playground, and is full of young trainers who wield both Bug and Normal-type Pokémon. Bea and Neil are brother and sister. Bea is an adventurous girl who loves gross Bugs (her name sounds like “bee”), and her brother Neil is a shy boy who loves cuddly Normal-types. If you defeat them, they will give you the Family Badge.

>Shen

Shen’s Gym is designed around a Buddhist temple. The monks have taken a vow to train with Ground and Dragon-type Pokémon as a means of discipline and meditation. Since all of the monks look the same, Shen will be hiding among them, constantly monitoring your progress through the temple. He will find you when you have bested all of his brothers and sisters. If you defeat him, he will award you with the Discipline Badge. Shen is named after the dragons of old.
>>
File: pkmnhybridgyms_e4.jpg (335KB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
pkmnhybridgyms_e4.jpg
335KB, 1000x2000px
>The Elite Four

I don’t know what my plans are for my Elite Four. For the typings, instead of hybridization, I went with types that have never been primarily represented by any E4 member in any game. #1 and #2 haven’t been written yet. #3 is Sana, the Grass-type E4. I’m thinking she’s going to be some sort of ninja, even though that sort of thing’s been done before. Her name is a pun (“Sana” contains “san”, which is Japanese for “three”). #4 is Klavier, the Fairy-type E4. She’s an elegant woman who plays a piano. Her name is two puns (“Klavier” is German for “piano”, and “Klavier” contains the word “vier”, which is German for “four”).
>>
>>32592168
Klaiver comes from the French "clavier", meaning "key-bearer", from the Latin "clavis" meaning "key". So Klefki being on the team fits the name pun even better. like a lock and key
>>
Eh, I haven't fleshed a lot of it out, but I have a loose idea of an OC. Fits into Pokemon: The Origin of Species, so it's double autistic.
A well meaning, bright kid that starts with a trusty Aron, ends with an Aggron, a Metagross, and some other stuff (Not steel focused), and uses his team to either assist in subduing psychic-type threats, or more regularly dig out deep caverns looking for new shit otherwise. Kind of a geologist with a splash of archaeologist, paleontologist, and good old fashioned deep-naturalist with a side job in specialty security. A lot of wankery on the Metagross, slightly running with the established rules of psychic powers and the origins of the line by the series, but also running with the idea that various pokemon with the same classification can achieve it through different means, thus making Metagross operate by different wavelengths and thus also work as a psychic "jammer" if it floods an area with strong enough EM chaff signals.

I haven't devoted a ton of thought to it, but the skeleton's there, and probably a bit of gristle.
>>
File: dressmaple.png (681KB, 1399x2400px) Image search: [Google]
dressmaple.png
681KB, 1399x2400px
>>32591683
>android
Still not quite outside the realm of possibility though.

Also that's a scrapped one, this would be my main human. Her ace is a Tyranitar, presently. Little fiery tomboy with a largely hypercompetitive and impulsive nature. That Torterra also belongs to a scrapped character as well, though I have another character who has one. Except her Torterra I still need to draw, supposedly has mushrooms and other fungus growing all over it, and overall would have a soggier, darker look to him.

>>32591809
There is actually a damn good place, we're just trying to figure out how to let people in without too much rabble flooding in and not doing anything. We've got our own region, don't break too much as far as the established world goes, but also get pretty damn outlandish in certain instances.
We do casual RPs at a whim, as well as Quests run generally through Roll20, using pretty simple but malleable mechanics that don't require too much prior knowledge from the party. Anyone can be a GM for any particular quest, but they have to come up with it themselves, and adhere to some checks and balances, but it's been a long time since any quest has gone poorly. It isn't too difficult once you've seen someone else GM something.

If you're interested, I can get someone to post a link to it. It's a Discord, and all the related documents such as the character list are there as well. They might even post it anyway once they see this thread.
>>
>>32592648
Was linked the page.
Basically we got a waiting room, before the main room intro, just to avoid people hoping in and spamming the place with crap.
I can link it up if anyone's interested.
>>
File: Ladydoggu.png (164KB, 907x709px) Image search: [Google]
Ladydoggu.png
164KB, 907x709px
I was never much a fan of the houndour line, but ever since my OC caught one, the line grew on me.

Lady was a little shit when Loyd first caught her. She wouldn't listen, she'd run head first into battle without thinking and would get into loads of trouble. But ever since she's evolved, she's done a complete 180. Lady is now a very well mannered doggo, and acts as my OCs guard dog.

I've always imagined Lady being more like a German shepherd than a doberman. I think this is the closest thing to a sparklechu I have.
>>
>>32592965
That made me realize, why the FUCK don't Houndoom have ears?
>>
>>32593190
While I was drawing that houndoom, I tried messing around and making it more unique by adding in ears. I couldnt for the life of me find a way to add in dog ears while keeping the horns and make it look good.

So from my experience, a houndoom with ears + horns would just look weird. That said though someone better at design than me could probably do it.
>>
Why does nearly every oc trainer have a skarmory in an attempt to seem unique when all your doing is looking bland as fuck?
>>
>>32593330
Coverage.
>>
File: GREATFLAMINGEYEBROWS.png (990KB, 2200x1738px) Image search: [Google]
GREATFLAMINGEYEBROWS.png
990KB, 2200x1738px
And this is Donut, caught actually of the same herd as >>32592965 in a quest, but the brood mother. GM described her as a Newfoundland breed. Still an uncontrollable berserker that only calms down after a good fight, and belongs to possibly my gentlest character, who despite getting burnt can't keep her face out of all that massive floof.
She hasn't seen Lady since said quest though, who is at the very least her relative and at most her own offspring.

>>32593330
I don't think the intention is to seem unique, it just happens to be popular with a lot of people.

>>32593300
Now I'm just going to assume the horns function as antennae or something. Also you made me realize I need to draw more of my variant 'mons, hence pic related.
>>
File: GruXMorelullV2.png (228KB, 752x764px) Image search: [Google]
GruXMorelullV2.png
228KB, 752x764px
>>32593574
Goddamn you just had to one up me on the houndoom picture didnt you?

Seriously though all joking aside you did good on that one, Im surprised still at how quickly you drew that, you're certainly improving!

Most of my OC pokemon arent really variants, or at the very least their differences from the rest of the species are minor.

Like my Weezing, Gru, for example. His white markings are slightly different from standard weezings, but that was just brought up when I drew him, and realized I screwed up on the markings lol I decided to make the mistake canon.

Someone might say that his tusks are bigger than a normal weezing, but after seeing a friend of mine's stylized way of drawing the pokemon, my headcanon is that all weezings have big tusks.

Also Gru doesn't like being on babysitting duty.
>>
File: Couzu of Time.jpg (225KB, 965x1180px) Image search: [Google]
Couzu of Time.jpg
225KB, 965x1180px
If we're on the topic of Pokémon id be happy to hop in and share one of my own. My crustle, Couzu was caught in a fossil inhabited area a while back as a lil babu Dwebble. We recently went through an extremely difficult quest to obtain a legendary blade for him. While not her ace, he's definitely one of my trainers best pokemon. Plus he's just so precious. thanks to a good friend for drawing the picture!
>>
>>32593574
>>32592965
>>32594070
I always loved the idea of variants for pokemon.
It's a shame the game doesn't let us have them. I would love a pug pokemon.
>>
File: JaneOutfits2.png (2MB, 3479x1400px) Image search: [Google]
JaneOutfits2.png
2MB, 3479x1400px
>>32593574
And said trainer in a buncha outfits, posted her in a simple indoors outfit a while back but as most RPs happen outside the home, I felt I had to define her fashion better.

>>32595344
I mean, it's just too much to put in. Game designers are only human and the amount of Pokémon increases every gen. Would be nice to see them in the manga though, if it's still as outlandish as it was (in the good way) as in the early gens.
>>
>>32595451
Fair enough but, to add something that messes up the colors or heights wouldn't be that hard.
Maybe some are bigger/smaller and some have slight pattern variation (not shiny)
>>
>>32588845
Is she a tumblr-tier Mary sue isnt it?
>>
File: cerisecolor3.png (643KB, 1425x2000px) Image search: [Google]
cerisecolor3.png
643KB, 1425x2000px
Whoa, are we on the topic of variants?! Then allow me to toss in my sub par floral switch idea, Sorrel!

She's basically just a Comfey that has different colored roses instead of the typical tropical flowers. That's it... It has a few thorns which can somewhat snag on opponents, but it has a few practical uses outside of battle. Other than that, not much going on with her.

However, the same character has a Mudbray, whom I hope to flesh the physical design out of when he evolves. I'll probably just mess around with spots, style of hair, stuff like that, but who knows?! Maybe there's a chance that I'll get as creative as some of the guys in here. I can only hope.
>>
>>32588845
is this a jojo reference
>>
>>32592162
My immediate reaction was that this was stupid but after reading through and thinking about it, it's not a bad idea at all.
>>
>>32592163
For Shen, I prefer the idea of a gym where all of the trainers look the same, including the gym leader, and you have to find out which one he is by challenging each one to a battle until it's him.
>>
>>32592168
Elegance is played out. We already had Wallace and Diantha as champions and the Battle Frontier Psychic girl as a Elite 4 member. Scrap the ninja idea too.

Clefable isn't Normal type anymore. Wigglytuff is. I don't like the idea of Normal type with the current lineup of other E4 members; I think it'd fit best with a Ghost/Psychic/Fighting/Dark/Fairy lineup, or with the full Starter type trilogy.

I'd say either keep Electric and replace the rest with other types, or keep Electric and Grass but add Fire and Water.
>>
>>32592192
You need to do more work to distinguish him from an autist's version of Steven.
>>
>>32597541
Sounds like a Hoenn-/Sinnoh-form Comfey; both those regions are home to the Roselia line. Mudbray makes more sense in Sinnoh.
>>
>>32597472
What about her looks Mary Sue-ish?
>>
>>32592847
Do it
>>
File: 325432.jpg (127KB, 478x359px) Image search: [Google]
325432.jpg
127KB, 478x359px
>>32599103
She looks like your typical strongfem yas-queen-slay character who cant do wrong, the kind that is a complete asshole and still acts like it were a likable character. You know: Vriska from Homestuck, Superman (silve age), that violent ex-girlfriend mad because its dumped and now the right whatever shit she wants, etc.

This kind of character acts like a pile of garbage all the time and then at final they throw sad wobby backstory about why they are assholes and then you have to feel pity for them.

The unpunishable douchebag.
>>
>>32599582
https://discord.gg/3zGdVj
Why the fuck not, would be cool to get some new members.
>>
>>32599944
....You could tell all that from a single picture?
>>
File: ashen ipar colored.png (342KB, 991x940px) Image search: [Google]
ashen ipar colored.png
342KB, 991x940px
this is ashen, he's a fuck-up and somehow only ever gets nat 1s or nat 20s. once his (male) murderfish had sex with a (male) american birb, got an egg that hatched into an oricorio. it was all the gm's fault.

drawn by a cool duder
>>
File: Denji.png (2KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
Denji.png
2KB, 80x80px
Last time, I went over my lazy farm girl.
This time, I'm going over a really stoic nerd, Denji. He has a rather interesting family life, one he talks very little about. Instead, he's most well known for having a Zangoose follow behind him like a maid, while he plays all sorts of arcade games. He specializes best in programming and odd jobs.
>>
>>32600131
the combo pic/description gives that impression
>>
File: vpoktaviuscolored1.png (712KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
vpoktaviuscolored1.png
712KB, 2000x2000px
>>32591683
Android maybe, but cyborgs are already a thing in Pokémon, and a couple of our characters have cybernetic parts. A full-body cyborg might not be far out there, though she probably would have had to go through a very exclusive process or something.

Then again an android is probably even easier to believe, inorganic Pokémon exist even in nature, so there's probably a lot to be learned from them in making robots and AI.

This really is one of the cutest girls in these threads ever, whatever she is.
>>
>>32591809
>>32600045
>>
>>32597541
>>32595451
>>32600910
>>32601097
>>32601720
i really like all of these
>>
>>32600045
I like the idea of joining but I'm not sure how to get started/not make a fool of myself, any tips?
>>
>>32602059
Just be yourself, is the first and important part. RPing is really fun, just make sure to be open to people's advice, consider it, and choose whether or not to use said advice if you think it'd work for you.
The group has a lot of friendly people, very chill folk, so why not hop on by, see where things lead ya?
>>
>>32602059
Just make a char, and have some goals for it. Other than that relax and shoot the shit.
>>
>>32601770
Awww shucks, thank ya lots! I mostly made Denji as a way for me to do RPing when I couldn't use Toplina, but after Things Happened...
He's sort of on the backburner while I consider other hobbies.
>>
>>32603336
Are you not doing stuff any more?
>>
>>32603514
It's more or less a break from Pokemon RPing in general, until I can find a new calling. I'm trying to put up some of the captures my trainers did as adoptables for the Discord group, see if anyone has interest in them.
But for right now? I'm gonna see where the Internet leads me.
>>
>>32603607
What happened?
>>
>>32603664
I'm not gonna get into it on a public board (No offense to you, I wanna make sure I'm acting polite to everyone here), but I left due to creative differences. I can assure you, the group is VERY welcoming to people when they want to be.
I think.
Pretty sure they're welcoming, especially if they have an open invite. Get in the room! Talk to some nerds, hang out, make an OC, and boogie down with yer bad self. Fun shall be had to those who are bold. ... Or something like that.
>>
File: gfJ6Ea0.jpg (784KB, 3817x2865px) Image search: [Google]
gfJ6Ea0.jpg
784KB, 3817x2865px
I wonder if the guy who made pic related is still out there. I found it one of the best things out of the earlier threads.
>>
>>32588463
That TTGL-style art gets me hard
>>
For a halfway decent TotT:
Is there a mega Pokemon that fits one of your OCs? Or perhaps there is a Battle Bond of a Pokemon you wanted to design, based on one of your characters?
>>
Question. I've got a PokeOC I wouldn't mind taking for a spin, but (a) I have no art of him, and (b) I'm not great RPing in a group; one-on-one is more my thing. Am I sunk, or might you fine folks have a spot for me?
>>
>>32609011
If you have a general idea of what it looks like, we might be able to help you here
>>
File: Trainer Flash.png (30KB, 248x510px) Image search: [Google]
Trainer Flash.png
30KB, 248x510px
>>32609650

Ten minutes in a crappy flash generator. He's a tall bookish type, prefers neutral colors with a few red accents, and he wears fairly rugged / comfortable clothes since he spends a lot of time outdoors (wants to be a Professor, goes out to study wild Pokemon).
>>
File: HighlandstownColor3.png (2MB, 1725x2300px) Image search: [Google]
HighlandstownColor3.png
2MB, 1725x2300px
We were also considering a PMD-style side to the RP, same setting but the from the point of view of characters belonging to a semi-sentient society of Pokemon, with their own set of quests and similar.

It's not confirmed, only because I'm not sure how much interest it will garner. Here's something for it though I suppose; main town, high up in a secluded nook in the mountains.
>>
Morning bump
>>
>>32592162
I feel like Sableye would be more fitting than Cofagrigus, for the treasure-based ghosts-- Cofagrigus is just too Egyptian, it clashes with the pirate theme-- and Smith's Steel types might be better if they reflected more man-made Pokemon. Like, Bronzong, Klefki, Magneton, maybe Aegislash again.Klinklang is good, but Excadrill and Aggron, not so much. That aside, I really rather like it. Cool concept. Glad the gym leaders are thematically appropriate to both types and their concept. For a lot of gym leaders, it just seems like they have Pokemon that correspond to their type, and there isn't as much thought placed into the specific species.

>>32592168
You raise some good points, but at the same time, I like the idea of a Normal E4 leader. Maybe just not that Normal E4 leader. 4 pure normal types, one "Normal" type that's actually a Fairy, and a Normal Flying seems really boring. I'd want things spiced up some, more variety. Oranguru, one of the regional rodents, Pyroar, Heliosk, Drampa, Sawsbuck, Bibarel. Maybe a team based around the Savannah, so you've got Girafarig, Kangaskhan, Tauros, etc. It's the same with the Electric leader, really. Only one Pokemon isn't Monotype. Aside from Eelektross and the possibility of an Air Balloon, it's Earthquake City over here.

Then again, you've also used every type EXCEPT Flying and Rock at least once. So that'd probably make more sense. There haven't been any Rock E4 members, have there? They're always the first gym and that's sort of it.

>>32600045
Maybe post a permanent link.
>>
>>32613070
I aint posting a perma link because I want to add members slowly, not just open the flood gates.
>>
>>32609728
Doesn't look too bad of a design
>>
>>32615189

Do you mean the design is nice, or that the flash-generator-made picture is good enough I don't need other art? Either way, thanks!
>>
>>32614210
Every single time I have ever seen an invite to this Discord group, it's been expired.
>>
>>32590485
do you not see the fucking irony in you replying to that dude
>>
>>32616359
Aight I'll put one more 24 hour link.
https://discord.gg/rhZAbv
>>
File: Anon's OC its a boy not a girl.png (48KB, 1381x552px) Image search: [Google]
Anon's OC its a boy not a girl.png
48KB, 1381x552px
>>32588463
>>32588463
bring me the cringe you weirdos
pic very related
>>
>>32618839
Pokemon OCs are normally quite tame, in the trainer category.
It's the fursona fucks you need to watch out for.
>>
>>32617682
>join server when I see your post
>it's already pretty late, only a few people are on
>nobody is talking
>don't bother saying anything, log off
>check discord at next available convenience to start posting
>removed from the waiting room server

Well that's enough of that shit I guess.
>>
>>32621230
Which one were you?
>>
>>32621230
As one of the mods, I had no knowledge of this at all. However, I have before joined a Discord that I was gone from after a relog, rejoining to learn that no one had kicked me our anything. So it might be some kind of bug.

Feel free to rejoin, at any rate. We see this, and we don't know what happened.
>>
File: ninshednin.png (128KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
ninshednin.png
128KB, 500x409px
>>32600910
Shedinja and Ninjask are such a cool, unique concept. There should have been a trainer or a gym or something with them as the main mons.

Actually, a fic about a young bug catcher who doesn't really understand what kind of weird split evolution his beloved starter went through and which one is really him could be kind of charming.

What does happen to the mind of a Nincada upon evolving, anyway?
>>
>>32601720
Pokémon has cyborgs? Who?
>>
File: 600px-649Genesect.png (225KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-649Genesect.png
225KB, 600x600px
>>32621888
This is all that comes to mind, but it's basically to the maximum possible degree.

But in addition, there's an example of possible neurocybernetics for humans in the Expansion Suit, and Lysandre's hovering drones. Though Genesect is the only canon cyborg, and was made by an exceptional organization, I don't think prosthetics of any sort have been shown in Pokemon, so there's no reason to assume they're as unadvanced as ours.

As for androids, if we assume the Pokemon world has the technology to make decent enough robotic bodies (evidenced by mecha seen used by enemies in the series, and it also wouldn't be hard to believe that reverse-engineering the mechanical morphology of many steel-types has been done), we already know that advanced AI is a thing with the Porygon line.

This is all still pretty shaky, and most of it comes from specific companies such as Rocket, Silph, and Plasma, but with the widespread use of other technologies such as teleportation and the storage of living beings in a digital form, it's not something I'd consider far-fetched in a world like Pokemon's.
>>
>>32622204
Yeah, fair points. Pokemon is actually kind of ridiculously advanced technology wise when you think about it.
>>
>>32622204
Plus, in the comic there are hover cars. So why the fuck not?
>>
>>32622204
>>32622488

When you consider that Pokemon has shit like teleportation pads, fossil resurrection, or even just the technology behind Pokeballs where they seem to either miniaturize things or turn matter into energy/data, yeah Pokemon is pretty sci-fi. Robotic augmentations aren't that far-fetched. I could see somebody replacing some limbs.
>>
>>32621854
>What does happen to the mind of a Nincada upon evolving, anyway?
It becomes Ninjask and leaves a ghost mind in Shedinja, they would both have the same memories as Nincada before evolving.
>>
File: poTI0Jz.png (1MB, 2522x2000px) Image search: [Google]
poTI0Jz.png
1MB, 2522x2000px
Bump with muh girls
>>
How many pokemon do you think is to many for a trainer to have?
>>
>>32626877
I guess it depends on the context. If you're writing about a trainer's overall journey for a story, sometimes it's best to show their progress by seeing them make up their full team.
But that doesn't always work for some people, who would just collect Pokemon that strike their fancy. So it very much starts with the character in question, though my general answer is that there's no ending point for how many Pokemon a trainer is allowed to have.
I mean, in the games, you have 960 for Pokemon as of Generation 7, non?
>>
>>32627021
True enough.
I got my trainers pokemon living a pretty chill life in his home area.
>>
>>32624459
I'll never forget when Geddy became the huge dinosaur she is now
And the giddiness Maple had about the whole ordeal.
>>
>>32626877
>>32627021
I agree that it depends on the kind of character. If you're going for an Ace Trainer sort, a full team of six with type balances and synergies makes sense. Just starting out, one or two and build from there. I always did it where my trainer caught Pokemon that he encountered and liked, no matter how many that may be, and wound up getting more than six. They just have to rotate everybody pretty regularly so nobody is neglected. When a trainer is a collector, it makes sense that they'd have a shit ton, though that might seem a little impersonal unless there's a situation like Kris' in the manga. Where you're catching everything you can for a Professor's research, or something of that sort. People might consider catching a large team that you can't devote enough individual attention and time to in poor taste. And how much energy a trainer can devote to a large team depends on the trainer, I guess.
>>
It's funny to bring up starting out with one or two, since I had my main start with three in the group - Her starter, the "mentor" Pokemon who was supposed to be more of a protector, then the first Pokemon she's ever caught.
It was nice that I got props for considering Tropius as a partner Pokemon, since apparently it's unpopular with people to consider?
>>
>>32609728
I think I can probably sprite this if you're willing to wait a bit.
>>
>>32631815

That would be pretty awesome, thanks!
>>
File: 1466111091392.png (475KB, 893x732px) Image search: [Google]
1466111091392.png
475KB, 893x732px
>>32588661
That's because it is a bad thing.
>>
File: Pokemon trainer card.png (55KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon trainer card.png
55KB, 245x171px
My OC is the Johto Pokemon Champion turned Frontier Brian. He spend most of my time at his ranch in Azalea Town with his Pokemon. The ranch was a gift from my grandfather after he becoming a Frontier Brian. He battle trainer looking to get his Frontier Symbol. His name is Donovan North
>>
File: BNMWsoW_d.jpg (63KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
BNMWsoW_d.jpg
63KB, 640x384px
https://imgur.com/a/vpW32
>>
>>32635629
Whoa
>>
>>32635629
she's cute
>>
>>32635629
nice
>>
>>32635629
Got any more art of her?
>>
>>32635629
I woul
>>
>>32590714
Cutest one so far
>>
>>32588737
What RP groups?
>>
>>32646874
Various ones
>>
>>32618839
We're a cringe free area
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.