[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VGC '17 International May

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Starting this week, had a pretty comfy thread last time so let's see how it goes.

What did you use and how did you do last time?

What will you use and hope to do this time?

Also ask general advice and share stuff etc.
>>
I didn't participated in the April challenge. However I entered the February one and had a good time. Will enter this one for sure.
In February I got 32W-13L getting around ~660th with a tailwind oriented team. My team was Whimsicott, Braviary, Incineroar, Vanilluxe, Tapu Lele and Gastrodon.
I made a quick team for a local tournament last saturday and I liked it so I will improve it and use it for this challenge. It's a team centered around belly drum Snorlax.
I hope to get at least a 2W/1L ratio this time too.
>>
Still waiting on April stones.
>>
>Tyranitarite
Fucking finally, but where are the hoenn starters megastones?
>>
>nothing about mega hoenn starters yet
I wonder how many we have to wait for the stones of this competition
>>
>>32588864
>>32589028
>>32588959
At this rate, the Hoenn starter stones will be released before the April ones.
>>
I only participated in the April competition for the mega stones, but did pretty well for the time I put in. I used a toxipex, mimikyu, alolan ninetails, lapras, umbreon, and sylveon. I finished 5 and 2, and Both losses were close. This time around I'm entering for fun. Swapped the umbreon out for a choice scarred garchomp and the sylveon for a better sylveon. Changed my toxipex's move set a bit, and gave my lapras leftovers. Last time my umbreon had them and my lapras was stuck with a berry. I want to swap the sylveon for something else though, since my team is too fairy heavy. The ninetails and mimikyu are both worked well last time around while my sylveon was pretty useless. This one should be better, as the last one was one I used to clear the game with shit ivs and whatever for evs so it can't be helped. I was thinking a fire type or maybe grass. Electric also could work. Some suggestions for the last slot would be appreciated.
>>
>>32589593
Get a Arcanine, Celeestela, Kartana and snorlax walk over your team through your team arcanine can deal with them to a extent, and get something to deal with the tapus, like Groundium Chomp or sash Kartana.
>>
>>32590163
What the fuck am I reading
>>
>>32590258
Someone telling a person to get a arcanine to deal with pokemons who give problem for that team and to get a better way to handle the tapus of healthy meta.
>>
Meh, I think I'll just do the 3 battles this time. Last time was cool and I did reasonably well, but it's the same format and I don't feel like playing the same shit again.
>>
>>32590163
I don't really like arcanine. How about a talonflame or salazzle? Though I'm working so not sure I'll have time to breed a talonflame in s&m in time for the competition.
>>
>>32589429
Kek, the hoenn starters ARE the April stones.
>>
>>32590721
Talonflame has lost a lot of what made it good, unless we get gems back. If you're trying to avoid popular things or legendaries you could maybe try Jolteon if you want an electric type and if you want a good fire type other than Arcanine I'd go for a-Marowak. Otherwise, what makes Arcanine good is the fact that it has access to Intimidate as well as being able to just dick Kartana and Celsteela harder than anything else in the format. If Incineroar got Intimidate, it might actually be great. Just slap a Vest, Fake Out/Flare Blitz/Darkest Lariat/Snarl or EQ and let it go. If you do go for a-Marowak though, I'd recommend maybe adding Trick Room to Mimikyu, going Z-move on Chomp, a-Marowak, if you don't mind legendaries then use Xurkitree, p2 for another TR setter, and maybe keep Ninetails or replace it for Celesteela who would love to take advantage of the Trick Room as well. I dunno, I'm just kinda winging it without trying to give you too much work, unless you want to inject it.
>>
>>32590820
Fire/ghost sounds like a useful combo. I think I might go with that a-marowak.
>>
>>32591016
Just please make sure it's Lightning Rod. I know it sounds dumb, but I pay attention to statistics and it's not 100% usage on battle spot.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.