[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they put so many teasers in ORAS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 14

File: ORAS.jpg (16KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS.jpg
16KB, 300x168px
Seriously, why the fuck are there so many teasers and trolling in ORAS?

>there is no Battle Frontier, but there is a sign saying "the Battle Frontier Project has started!"

>there is an NPC next to the sign saying "the Battle Resort is STILL popular, but there are plans to make it a MORE SPECIAL facility called the Battle Frontier"

>the Game Corner is not present in ORAS, however, the Game Corner building is in the game, and is locked.

> there is no Match Call app to make and recieve calls in ORAS, but in the Delta Episode, Steven mentions that the app is currently in development.

> There is no riding Pokemon like in XY, but on the top floor of Mauville City there is a Rhyhorn model with a sign saying "the Ryhorn Rider is out of service" (meaning that if it was in service, you could ride it"

>there is no Berry Blending minigame in ORAS, but the Berry Blenders are still found in each Contest Hall, with NPCs telling you how in the past they had to use these old machines to make pokeblocks

Seriously, I really want to like ORAS. And I really try to, because the game has tons of great stuff. But why all the teasers? I would be willing to forgive and ignore all those absences, if the game itself didn´t outright remind me about them IN-GAME!!!

Like, seriously, does an NPC has to remind me that the Battle Frontier will be better than the Battle Resort? As if it wasn´t obvious enough to all of us? Why put more salt in the wound, for fucks sake?

I think all those absences could have been excusable (because the game does have a lot of new cool content) if said absences weren´t sadistically pointed out to us ingame.

Are the developers really that incompetent? Do they do it on purpose?
>>
It's just references to the older games
>>
>>32587618
Didn´t the developers realize those references could be annoying for people that actually MISS that content, and EXPECTED to see it in this REMAKE?
>>
>>32587629
Developers don't care about your autism.
>>
>>32587601
Also, forgot to add:
>you can´t battle Gym Leaders, but their profiles are still included in the Trainer´s Eye.
>>
>>32587653
>something that goes against my viewpoints is autism
A thread died for this.
>>
>>32587653
They shouldn´t care to actually REMIND PLAYERS about content they chose to REMOVE, right?

It is just extra time they spent to add those references that serve for nothing, except for reminding players what should have been included in the game, but wasn´t, making players unnecessarily pissed off.

It just makes me sad...
>>
>>32587712

It's an Easter egg for old players, nothing more.

>unnecessarily pissed off
No, like the other Anon said it's just your autism.
>>
>>32587736
Easter eggs are references to other regions.

An NOC telling you that the facility that was expected to be in ORAS (the Battle Frontier) is better and more special than the one they included instead of it (the Battle Resort) is not a reference. It is making fun of your own fans.

Having a closed Game Corner building is not a reference, it is making fun of the people that actually expected to see that Game Corner in the remake of a game that HAD IT.

An NOC telling you that Mauville City was reconstructed in the fashion of Lumiose City, now that is a reference. (a reference to Lumiose City in Kalos).
>>
>>32587736
Easter eggs are references to other regions.

An NPC telling you that the facility that was expected to be in ORAS (the Battle Frontier) is better and more special than the one they included instead of it (the Battle Resort) is not a reference. It is making fun of your own fans.

Having a closed Game Corner building is not a reference, it is making fun of the people that actually expected to see that Game Corner in the remake of a game that HAD IT.

An NPC telling you that Mauville City was reconstructed in the fashion of Lumiose City, now that is a reference. (a reference to Lumiose City in Kalos).
>>
>>32587855
I am not actually that guy.

I actually like ORAS, but the fucking trolling references don´t let me fully enjoy the game.

I can forgive them not putting this or that Emerald exclusive feature in ORAS. But actively reminding us of the absence of said feature is beyond dumb.
>>
>>32587653
>>32587736
>I don't share your viewpoint so you're autistic
>even though I'm fully aware that 80% of the entire board has that same viewpoint
Now this is autistic.
>>
>>32588019
>80% of the entire board has that same viewpoint
So, 80% of this board is autistic.
>>
Ohmori
>>
>>32588577
This.
>>
>>32587601
They're fun callbacks for those of us old enough to have played the originals.

Friendly reminder that ORAS are the best games in the franchise.
>>
It really depends of whether you see these references as simple easter eggs, or as trolling.

Personally, I find them unnecessary. If you don't went to include certain features in a remake, try not reminding your players about them ingame.
>>
>>32589708
>They're fun callbacks for those of us old enough to have played the originals
What's so fun about the developers putting ingame rem8nders of stuff from.the originals that didn't make it in the remake_

Wouldn't said fans that played the originals prefer.to have those missing features instead of empty references...?

>Friendly reminder that ORAS are the best games in the franchise.
I would agree, if the game didn't remind me of its flaws on purpose.
>>
>>32589708
>fun
what would be fun, is if we got the chance to play them. Imagine if they made some minigame for the Gamecorner, if they had a Battle Facility other than the Maison, if berry blending was somethin beyond a button because you can simply just max out all of your stats, and so on. That would be cool.
>>
>>32590406
>Wouldn't said fans that played the originals prefer.to have those missing features instead of empty references...?
If said fans want to play the original features they can play the originals. The remakes are for others who are too young or otherwise missed the original games to play the region without wanting to kill themselves due to all the missing features. That applies to every single remake.
>>
>>32590448
>Remakes are for people who didn't play the originals.
Debatable. FR/LG and HG/SS had both old and new Pokemon players in mind (Specifically HG/SS's GB sounds - which absolutely was not meant for first time johto players), because it's not just for younger kids to play - it's for the people who have played it to refresh on the region with new enhancements. If they didn't have older players in mind, then remaking a game isn't even necessary because who would care?
>>
File: 1493586918508.png (115KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493586918508.png
115KB, 600x600px
>>32587791
>>32587781
>>32587601
The game corner issue is more on UK laws part than game freak. Voltorb flip was nice but likely last minute. From then on its just simply easier to not have it in any gen 5 and beyond games and remakes.

Do not expect game corners in any future remakes ever.
>>
>>32590650
Strange thing is that I don't think the game corner is in the Japanese releases either. Could be wrong though.
>>
>>32590650
The thing I am criticizing is not the absence of the Game Corner in ORAS, but the presence of a locked GameCorner that unnecessarly reminds people of said removal.

My point is that if a remake removes certain features, said remake shouldn´t point those removals out on purpose.
>>
>>32590448
This... is actually not a bad argument. I still think all the reminders of missing content in ORAS are completely unnecessary, but at least they partially make some sense this way.
>>
>>32587601
You didn't even include my favorite.

>GF knows that fans want a Mega Flygon and they even worked on it but apparently couldn't come up with anything decent (confirmed in an interview)
>ORAS finally released
>Include a new major NPC (Aarune) whose ace Pokemon is Flygon
>Finally reach Platinum Rank in your secret base
>Aarune gives you a Mega Stone
>It's for Garchomp, the one Pokemon that cucks Flygon the most
>Aarune actually says "And I'll give you this fella, too! It doesn't do a thing for me and my loyal Flygon here..." as if he knew he and his bro got cucked hard

It was like a spit in the face for all Flygon fans out there. Thankfully I don't care that much about Flygon myself but I find that scene absolutely hilarious, as if GF did it on purpose while being fully aware of how Flygon is the underdog when compared to Garchomp so they decided to shit on it even more.
>>
>>32592738
>Aarune actually says "And I'll give you this fella, too! It doesn't do a thing for me and my loyal Flygon here..." as if he knew he and his bro got cucked hard
Wow, I didn´t even know he said this phrase (I haven´t reached Platinum rank myself). Yeah, that is kinda annoying too, but I wouldn´t say it counts as a trolling like the above things listed in OP.
>>
>>32587653
It´s not about OCD. It´s about how ORAS is full of signs saying "this was cancelled" or "still in development" or "closed", leaving a sour taste in the mouth of the players. It makes ORAS feel "unfinished" as a game.
>>
>>32587601
>>
>>32592754
See >>32592752
>>
>>32592752
This.
>>
File: 53832_front.jpg (142KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
53832_front.jpg
142KB, 640x640px
>>32592676
If only they had some kind of arcade-like game that came out around the same time as Ruby and Sapphire that they could've put into a "Game Corner".
>>
>>32593162
You mean a Pinball game in place of the Slots and roulette?

That would have been great. Now I am even more mad at GameFreak.
>>
Wait, is it what happened with HGSS and Voltorb Flip? I am quite curious. And I am not very familiar with Pokemon side games.

And if they did it for HG/SS, then why not for OR/AS?
>>
>>32593162
>>32593207
>implying gf would use something that another developer might possibly remotely have a chance at getting a cut at the pie
Oh I am laffing
>>
>>32593316
Because people bitched about voltorb flip
>>
>>32593334
Well, they did use Soaring on the back of Latios/Latias in OR/AS.

It was first used in one of the Pokemon Ranger games, which are not developed by Game Freak.
>>
>>32593361
Considering the Fly overworld animation in Gen 3, I would say the devs of Ranger would have no leg to stand on in any claim for soaring on the Lati
>>
>>32593316
Japan got the slots but then South Korean laws and increasing pressure with PAL ratings boards made it so their releases couldn't have it, with TPCi now in charge of localization after HGSS already hit Japan they didn't let any of the international releases be different from each other unlike the various Nintendo branches letting each area tackle their own problems, so they had to gut them for everyone, Game Freak had to replace it with something else for HGSS because there were already things tied to the Game Corner but everything afterwards is designed to not have a Game Corner period because TPCi won't let different regions have their own deals and Game Freak is stubborn about their slots
>>
>>32593361
Soaring was meant to be a thing in the original RS but Game Freak couldn't get it to look the way they wanted so they scrapped it back when
>>
>>32593400
>>32593423
And what about Pokemon Snap being "used" in SM´s PokeFinder? That is an other game not developed by GF iirc
>>
>>32593423
Source?
>>
>>32593506
Not him but I remember reading it too.
Can't remember where but it was mentioned in one of the countless ORAS interviews.
>>
>>32593524
I remember reading this about DexNav (being something they wanted to have in RSE but couldn´t). Didn´t know it was the case for Soaring as well.
>>
>>32593439
>And what about Pokemon Snap being "used" in SM´s PokeFinder? That is an other game not developed by GF iirc
Nobody answers so maybe this is a valid point?
>>
>>32590650
Fuck Germany and fuck GF. You're not telling me they couldn't put in some basic puzzle games or fake games based off of pokemon? Just always give a payout, that varies depending on your score. It's not gambling if you win at least something every time, even if it's just an Oran Berry
>>
>>32592738
They basically came out and said "we dont know how to design it so we just wont make it"

Nevermind the fact that it's the only gen 3 dragon without a mega, this is the same company that thought the genies were okay, and that M-Sharpedo was good enough a design.
>>
>>32587601
literal autism
>>
>>32594060
I don´t think it is.

Emerald had a BF. If they didn´t want to add a BF in ORAS, the least they could do is not mention it in-game, I think.

Masuda publically says in an interview how they didn´t put a BF in ORAS because they believe it is something modern-day fans won´t appreciate, but yet they took the time to make a BF reference in the ORAS Battle Resort, and an NPC that says the BF will be more special and robust than the Resort.

You can´t honestly believe this makes sense.

Same with the Game Corner. It wasn´t enough that they couldn´t find a way to add it in ORAS, but they also had to remind us about its absence in- game?
>>
>>32594042
>all they had to do is make it so you win a prize regardless of the results.
If this is all they had to do, I suppose GameFreak are just stupid, then.

I canñt even think of a valid reason for not putting it in ORAS.
>>
>>32594154
That or just make the games free. Either way, it's not gambling. The slots in general barely qualified as gambling because of how high the odds are
>>
>>32594159
Then I don´t know why ORAS doesn´t have a Game Corner, if the solution was so easy.

And more importantly, why bother to add a fucking CLOSED Game Corner building in ORAS, instead of just pretending Mauville City never had a Game Corner in MegaHoenn?
>>
File: 1492670115103.jpg (15KB, 347x379px) Image search: [Google]
1492670115103.jpg
15KB, 347x379px
>>32594180
They could also just remove the game corner in the European versions while keeping it in for everybody else. Come on Game Freak, is that much work too complicated for you?
>>
>>32587662
This sentence does not really apply to any post other than OP, you know?
>>
nips are genuinely fucking retarded. the only competition gamefreak has for the title of "most backwards-ass oblivious company of all time" goes to activision/blizzard and wizards of the coast.

i'm convinced if we pool our autism together we could legitimately make the best pokemon game of all time. but no one here cares about the games anyway. we just want to complain about something.
>>
File: 1494061456560.jpg (24KB, 230x276px) Image search: [Google]
1494061456560.jpg
24KB, 230x276px
>>32594226
>i'm convinced if we pool our autism together we could legitimately make the best pokemon game of all time
if sonic can do it so can we
>>
>>32594356
>>32594368
Fuck off already you spamming piece of shit. Surely Gamefreak's cock doesn't taste that good.
>>
>>32594220
You wish, you dirty ORAS apologist.
>>
>>32594141
>still can't let go of a shitty AI battle tower even after game director says why they didn't include it
a u t i s m
u
t
i
s
m
>>
>>32587601
>I would be willing to forgive and ignore all those absences, if the game itself didn´t outright remind me about them IN-GAME!!!
Same. At least I can maybe believe they just think they are obsolete features if they just remove them, but teasing those things like they are nice features, but being too lazy to implement them... what is that supposed to communicate to the player? "Maybe we will try harder next remake!"?
>>
File: 1495017440007.png (175KB, 457x371px) Image search: [Google]
1495017440007.png
175KB, 457x371px
>>32594458
your check has been deposited into your account

Pokemon: the only fanbase that wants LESS content in their games
>>
>>32589719
>trolling
Definitely trolling, because they all had that "coming soon! (not really lol)" message
>>
File: 1494732833924.png (903KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494732833924.png
903KB, 640x480px
>>32587601
They thought that referencing the things they didn't want to take the time to actually implement would be enough to satisfy the older fans that were looking forward to seeing these things brought to another generation.
It wasn't enough.
>>
File: a.gif (685KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
a.gif
685KB, 500x500px
>Don't worry honey! I remembered our anniversary!

>I mean, I didn't get you anything! But the point is, I remembered!
>>
>>32594461
Exactly. This lazy mindset that the game conveys doesn't allow me to fully enjoy the good things that ORAS does.
>>
File: 1418628052634.jpg (58KB, 318x330px) Image search: [Google]
1418628052634.jpg
58KB, 318x330px
>>32590448
>The remakes are for others who are too young or otherwise missed the original games to play the region without wanting to kill themselves due to all the missing features. That applies to every single remake.
Then why make references to games that they've never played?
And if that were the case why would the director at the Celadon Condominiums in HGSS talk about how they were explicitly trying to create something that brought back fond memories for the older fans while also being something more than just the original game?
>What do you think?
>I am the President here.
>We are remaking an old game, but this is quite a challenge.
>Old fans would not want to mess with their good memories...
>but there is no point in just redoing the same thing, right?
>We are working toward something that brings back memories, yet is also completely new!
>I've been in this business for 20 years now, but creating a game is always a rewarding challenge!
ORAS didn't have any special Game Freak speech but I imagine it would've gone something like
>Fuck it we don't give a shit, you already bought the game, joke's on you.
I hope they never remake Sinnoh, because it would certainly adopt the ORAS mindset instead of the HGSS mindset.
>>
>>32594458
If you just sperg out and claim something is autism with out even taking into account anything then you are the one with autism, and his reasoning for not including the battle frontier didn't make sense, he just pulled it out of his ass.
>>
>>32587601
Yaay, pokebarneyfag back to its ORAShatergirl routes!

Is it because you think you "won" over SM with your Leddit spams? Anyway, I can't wait to you spam your fellow employee's older collages here again.
>>
>yfw T****/Zach Whiteshit is shitting his panties furiously in fear because people know about the board's paid corruption

No face for this

>>32594736

Calm down pokebarneyfag. You're paid per post, they don't need to be long.
>>
>>32594701
The worst part is they didn't even bring the good parts of ORAS to the next game they made. It's Game Freak's worst trend and they will never not get away with it.
>>
>>32595746
I don't mind that desu. I like having exclusive content for each game

What bothers me is just the teasers.
>>
>>32595776
>I like having exclusive content for each game
Why? Wouldn't it be better if the best parts of games were included in all future games? I mean it might make the older games "obsolete" but isn't that actually a good game, if each new game is objectively better than the last?
>>
>>32594461
This so much.

The guy mext to.the Battle Frontier project conveys the feeling that we are missing out in a better Battle Facility (explicitly telling us it will be more special and robust than the Resort) .

The Game Corner owner is super sad about his business being closed, and explicitly says "people used to come and play games at my place like crazy. Sigh... times change. "
He explicitly talks about how they played games like crazy. Rsminding us that we won't be able to to that.
>>
File: 546846756.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
546846756.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>32594042
That actually sounds like itd be really neat way to get berries or some money in games where the only sources of money after awhile are the elite 4 and the 2 or 3 daily/weekly/monthly fights.

Hell several of the cities like Nimbasa already look Vegas-y to an extent. Just put in the pinball game or some sort of puzzle game there. They could of even brought back the berry blender and poffin cooking from gen 3 and 4 only instead they just give you stuff like Berry Juice and the regional status heal food. Malie city could of had a "garunteed prize" pachinko parlor even with its Asian theme and japans hard on for that shit.
>>
>>32595794
If you know every game will be better than the previous one in every way, why buy this one? Better wait for the next game.
>>
File: 1495338039112.png (18KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1495338039112.png
18KB, 225x225px
>>32595863
Because the one that's out has players and is a great game.
I mean is the idea that the game I buy might be worse than the last one I played from this series supposed to be more appealing to me?
>>
>>32595746
>>32595794
>>32595875

It's not worse just for not having the same shit, pokebarneyfag, get it through your manlet head. No wonder nobody falls for your baits anymore, even when you pretend to have an argument you still fail.
>>
>>32596301
Have you considered that the threads you don't like might die faster if you didn't spam them and create more attention?
>>
>>32597229
Not him, but why would I want a thread to die when I can keep it and bully you in it every day you create them, shill?
>>
>>32597229
Sup, pokebarneyfag. Are you here to fullfill your promise? You keep promising tit pics but never deliver :^(
>>
>>32597229
Have you ever consider that even through you're a """"troll"""", other bigger trolls may be trolling you and making you their fuck toy? Shitposters/samefags are easiers targets than they think.

... or maybe /vp/fags are just planning to rape you. Only a matter of time desu
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>32594226
>>32594246
Someone tried that and got a cease and desist because Nintendo felt like being dicks.
>>
Could the pokebarneyfag/Orashatergirl be from China?

https://arxiv.org/abs/1111.4297

They are paid per post for astroturfing, very cheap tho.
>>
File: 1472968073057.png (40KB, 251x231px) Image search: [Google]
1472968073057.png
40KB, 251x231px
>>32597268
To be fair the people who made Prism also supremely fucked up by advertising the hell out of their game before releasing it. They made a trailer on Youtube with more than a million views, Kotaku wrote articles about it (though that may have happened anyway), and beta tested the game on TPP.
Still feels bad that we never got the full, polished, complete version though. They were apparently planning a full Frontier and everything, but we only have the Tower and Arcade in the leaked version.
>>
yfw pokebarneyfag got triggered so hard last raid/daily shill thread she deleted it and ragequitted. I swear, never saw you /vp/fags do it to her this hard before, t'was a gangrape:

archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/32596174/#32596862
>>
not a first. OP loves its daily baits, lies obvious misinfo non-stop but when people asked "tits" she always triggered (I think that's how trolls found it was a "she" when it started years ago). Either that made her go nuclear or was the post telling the age/deviantart. I thought it was someone trolling, but who knows.

Also pokebarney, keep bumping this thread alive while I'm out so I can repost your shit again when I feel like
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.