[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Without mentioning the Battle Frontier, what went wrong with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1479764482730.png (509KB, 800x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1479764482730.png
509KB, 800x1094px
Without mentioning the Battle Frontier, what went wrong with ORAS? I'm replaying it now, and it's an incredible slog to get through.
>>
It's a remake of Hoenn that was only made to shut up queers who kept crying for a remake of their shit region. It was doomed to fail from the start but it was still far better than the originals, including Emerald. The bullshit frontier did not make Emerald a good game by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>32585429
>ow the edge

>>32585407
The game felt like a tutorial the whole time, it seemed like even at the end of the main story you were bombarded with hints, reminders, and npc dialogue when it wasn't needed.

The forced primal evolution story was horrid and underwhelming. Primal forms were a good idea, the plot of it wasn't executed well.

For a company that says they don't want to shove legendaries in games for 0 reason they did it a lot.

Way less challenging than the original games. May was a joke and Wally ended up being underwhelming.

This might be just me, but I also felt like the games suffered sinnoh syndrome where the whole game just felt slow. It was great the first time for nostalgia but they're flawed games and seemed more designed to introduce 7 year olds to hoenn (and Pokémon in general) rather than cater to Hoenn fans.
>>
>>32585473
May was always a joke and Wally was always underwhelming. RSE had the worst rivals by far of any game. ORAS actually made them better - at least you finally battle against May's fully evolved starter.
>>
>>32585407
it's gay
>>
>>32585473
>The forced primal evolution story was horrid and underwhelming. Primal forms were a good idea, the plot of it wasn't executed well.
>horrid
Well I guess you hated RS's plot too considering it's the EXACT SAME PLOT. The only difference being that Groudon/Kyogre actually had a reason to go to Sootopolis City rather than "just because".

>May was a joke and Wally ended up being underwhelming.
See >>32585495

>seemed more designed to introduce 7 year olds to hoenn (and Pokémon in general) rather than cater to Hoenn fans.
Well GEE fancy that, they're catering to the target audience and trying to hook a new generation onto a series of games that up to that point has been seeing a decline in total sales. What the fuck else are you expecting?

Yielded on all other points.
>>
>>32585407
Hoenn
>>
My main issue here is that they removed the claps from the elite four theme.

I mean I love the French Horn overdose that was the battle vs team boss but removing the claps from the elite four is a crime, they also managed to fuck the mountain theme and other encounter themes.

The final nail in the coffin was Zinnia.
>>
>>32585749
>just adds to the validity of my points by going further in depth in explanation.

Thanks bro
>>
>>32585407

Hoenn was always boring. The main dex you're stuck with until after Groudon/Palkia is dull with no replay value. People have also replayed these games multiple times so a reskin isn't going to make them interesting.
Platinum remake will be better, due to a better dex. But it will also feel slow if you've played through it more than twice already.
>>
>>32585813
I think you might be retarded
>>
Game got casualized, a shit ton of stuff got removed or simplified. It's a worse version of the originals instead of being an improvement. It makes me sad to see how HGSS are such wonderful games, yet ORAS were a huge disappointment.

>>32585429

Here's your (You), sleep tight
>>
ORAS was great best game 2016
>>
>>32585825
>dull with no replay value. People have also replayed these games multiple times
???
>>
Pokemon has had a real problem ever since BW, too much talking. It's great the first playthough but having to watch N/Serena/Wally/Lille tell you for the fifth time about how you two met gets to be annoying.
>>
>>32585407
I hoped not for remake but for new story. Besides new better designs for magma and Aqua, Delta ep. And Dex naw there wasnt any oter good changes.

Steven character is horrible and no longer cool guy.
I loved old Steven
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.