[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else get the same feeling from these games or is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: gen2.jpg (96KB, 600x273px) Image search: [Google]
gen2.jpg
96KB, 600x273px
Does anyone else get the same feeling from these games or is it just nostalgic

To me they are the definitive Pokemon games. Johto is the best setting for a Pokemon game- the perfect balance between urban city environments and rural areas.

And I like especially how the legendary pokemon aren't gods like in newer games. Ho-Oh, Luiga, Suicune, etc, are only legendary because they are extremely powerful and rare, so much so that humans started worshiping them. Not because they created the universe or anything like that.

Anyone else feel similar?
>>
Just nostalgia you have.
>>
>>32584978
I don't believe any of them are worshiped in gen 2, they're just seen as legends. Also gen 2's pokemon distribution is complete shit.
>>
>>32584978
They're pretty good games but not the best. It's just the nostalga
>>
>>32585004
Well they built those twin towers for Ho-Oh.
>>
I played the shit out of GSC as a kid. Maybe even more so than RBY.
>>
>>32585029
Did they? I don't remember.
>>
>>32585047
and there are some shrines in Ilex forest for Celebi
>>
Yeah they're my favorite games too by far, although I'm fully willing to admit that it's mostly nostalgia
>>
>>32584978
The New Bark theme gives me nostalgia in a way that trumped a return to my elementary school and visiting my old house
>>
File: raikou.gif (9KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
raikou.gif
9KB, 160x160px
>>32584978
Yeah for the longest time Crystal just felt like the ultimate Pokémon game for me. Gen 3 was a downgrade in a lot of ways, and the lack of trade-compatibility with gens 1-2 just made it feel like a reboot of the series, and I just didn't like the direction it was headed.

I still kept up with the series and played at least one game from each gen, but my nostalgia glasses for Crystal version didn't really come off until gen 6 (which was so bad it made me really appreciate gen 5 in a whole new light). I still see the appeal of gen 2 in that it feels like a "completed" series that is self contained and doesn't have some of the questionable designs from later games. But now I see that some of the games to come since were just objectively better in a lot of ways. Colosseum and Black are now my favorite games in the series, but Crystal will always have a special place in my heart.
>>
I hope they come to virtual console eventually
>>
Started with Red on launch day, but Gen II is what I have the most nostalgia for. We were still in the middle of Pokémania (not to sound a dick but if you didn't live through it you just don't know how special it was, imagine the Pokémon Go hype but times a hundred) and we now had a hundred NEW Pokémon. We'd gotten used to the original 151 for so long, the idea of there being more was amazing. It was new territory and it can never be repeated.
>>
I agree with OP. The only thing these games are really missing is online, and technically Crystal had that in Japan. Of course subsequent games have brought in new features and refined old ones, but at the time Gen II were close to perfect. If you had the Stadium games and a way to trade your bros from your Gen I game it was even better.
>>
>>32584978
I remember playing these games so much. Crystal was my favorite and i still hold gen 2 as the high point of both story and pokemon design.

All of the pokemon kept that same aestetic from the original, that these were creatures that could actually exist and be found in your backyard.

Crystal was a magical game for me and i still love it to this day.

Gen 3 left me disappointed and heartbroken, but Crystal is still the best. i got my first and only legit shiny(not the gyarados) just wandering around. When i finally managed to beat Red i was so proud. No one else in my family understood why i was so damn happy, but it was awesome.

its nice to remember those days. i remember having the lamest names for my team.
Terisa the cyndaquil(who i wouldn't evolve)
Espea the espeon
Tina the (male)togetic
flipper the lapras.

remember the events that only happened on certain days of the week? or the berry trees regrowing daily?
it was a whole other WORLD and no other game has ever made me feel like this one did.

Thank you OP, for the happiness this nostalgia brought me.

if you ever want to talk pokemon/nostalgia from those days, hit me up.
>>
>>32584978
Nah, i never liked Johto Pokemon, they are the worst
>>
>>32584978
i think they're fine games but damn does gen 2 have two of the cutest gym leaders in pokemon.
>>
>>32584978
That is some patrician taste you have there, OP.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.