[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this allowed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: Pokedex slots.png (81KB, 669x390px) Image search: [Google]
Pokedex slots.png
81KB, 669x390px
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>32583514
Nidos share entry now, correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>32583514
Talent always wins
>>
>>32583514
Because if they touch the "original 151" by making both Nidoran just the same pokémon you'd make a thread asking why something like that is allowed.
>>
Except Oricorio makes sense because you can change the forms whenever you want.
>>
>>32583519
They don't.
>>
because "muh dex numbers"

I brought this up in a thread a few weeks back and just got told why combining them is a dumb idea. I don't know why people defend this.
>>
>>32583514
Orcorio would benefit significantly from being 4 different Pokemon, just from a moveset standpoint. It seems like they prevented it from getting any non-flying STABs outside of Revelation Dance specifically so you wouldnt have a Pom-Pom Oricorio with Flamethrower or Fiery Dance or something like that. Connect them with a Norma/Flying Pre-Evo and have it evolve via the Nectars instead of making it a form change.
>>
>>32583514
Why is Oricorio here?
>>
>>32583514
First:
Gen1 is gay, and they don't even bother to fix it.

Second:
LightBees are fine, based in the way is was build.

Third:
When you will stop to pretending that Gen7/Alola is about pokemon.
>>
>>32583514
Alt forms were originally Deoxys' gimmick. Nowadays, everyone and their dog get them.
>>
>>32583514
because they didnt have the idea and/or know how to do forms before, and theyre not going to change them now because reasons

>>32583585
pokemon fans defend the dumbest shit, i dont know why theyre so afraid of change
>>
>>32583514
Preevos are the same in everything on the right.
>>
>>32583514
Only one that doesn't make sense is Lycanrock.

If would have made sense if the forms were interchangable, like he becomes the werewolf at night and the doggo during the day. But as it is they're split evos in everything but name.
>>
>>32583622
makes too much sense
>>32583670
i see what you did here
>>32583708
oricorio has no pre evo
>>
Japanese scientists vs French/American scientists
>>
Renumbering the pokedex would be a fucking mess.
>>
>>32583830
They literally do it every game with the regional dex.

Sun and Moon don't even have a natdex.
>>
Can't reboot Pokemon species.
>>
>>32583519
You're wrong.
>>
>>32583912
I dunno. When market research trends suggest that Nidoran being one species that randomly, with no prediction evolves into the second form body it feels the most comfortable in will sell more pokemons to the current consumer, just wait and see how fast it happens. Nidoran-Nonbinary is just around the corner, lads!
>>
>>32583751
This
It would have been great, having your mons change form in the middle of nowere when the sun rises/sets
>>
>>32583830
But it should be done sometime in the future.

Digimon is a fucking mess
>>
>>32583622
>STABs
Then why not just go the Rotom/Kyurem route and have moves shift between forms - so a Pom-Pom Oricorio would have Thunderbolt, but if you shifted it to Sensu form, it'd have Shadow Ball instead.
>>
>>32583670
>Deoxys
>Not Unown
>>
>>32583514
don't forget that Wormadam are all the same despite each having distinct move sets
>>
>>32585941
also don't forget that Mothim is literally just the male version of whatever species Wormadam is. The Pokedex entries make it very clear.
>>
They are very scared of the 1000 dex mark. Thinking that would mean that pokemon has to end, so they slow it down by stacking as many forms to old pokemon as possible. For example the alola forms didn't get unique entries despite being entirely different pokemon.
It is the most dumb thing but it is true that is the way they think.
Same with the anime, Ash will never win a league because he must forever strive to become "pokemon master". They think they would have to end it if he did.

It is autistic 12 year old mentality but the same company that makes these things actually believes it too.
>>
>>32583514
the nidos because of gen 1
the bugs for.... filler?
>>
>>32584160
Nidoran-Nonbinary will evolve into Nidokangz a black reskin of Nidoking
>>
>>32587521
>Alolan forms
>Entirely different Pokemon
From an evolutionary perspective if all Pokemon were different species then they wouldn't be able to breed, so it gets a little more nonsensical, to save all the trouble of looking into what Pokemon really are lets just put the OC forms in the same spot because they are shit and not deserving of a separate entry
>>
>>32587521
Why the fuck would the 1000 mark mean Pokemon has to end? Please, explain your reasoning.
>>
>>32587521
>It is autistic 12 year old mentality
And you're projecting it why, exactly?
>>
>>32584189
Only downside to that is that you wouldn't be able to have a day version Lycanroc face off against a night version Lycanroc, since they'd both change into the same forms at the same time. Dichotomies and rivalries have been a bigger motif throughout Pokémon's history than form changes have been. Both have their place, with form changes gravitating towards depiction of how circumstances/seasons/cultures alter a creature or our perception of it (as with Deerling and Oricorio), or how a creature adapts to change (Rotom, Castform, Deoxys, and arguably Eeveelutions). Other Pokémon come in pairs or trios because they are inspired by balance between different ideas, or rivalries; since Pokémon is a battling RPG, rivalry tends to be a predominant theme; Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan, Zangoose/Seviper, Sawk/Throh, most pairs of box cover legendaries, etc. In Japanese folklore, "Rivalry" is frequently considered a source of motivation to better oneself, by working to overcome the opponent as a measure of one's own growth; BW spells this out a little more explicitly than previous titles.
>>
Regarding OP's pairing/numbering dilemna, sometimes the intent of complimentary mons' designs (alternate forms, different outcomes from a common starting point, or rivals) and the technology available don't add up, or aren't communicated effectively from the designer's sketchbook to the advertising agency or programmers.

Also, fans tend to get pretty defensive about accepting headcannons or designer's ideas if there isn't explicit evidence for it. In BW, nobody batted an eye when Shelmet and Karrablast got cross-trade exclusive evolutions with one another, but whenever we discuss Machoke/Graveler trading lizard-features for extra arms, /vp/ splits in half between "NO THEY DON'T IT'S NOT IN THE PROGRAMMING, REEE" and "OF COURSE IT'S NOT IN THE PROGRAMMING, IT'S WHAT THE CREATORS WOULD HAVE DONE IF THE GAMEBOY GAMES' LIMITATIONS HAD ALLOWED FOR IT, REEEE."

Sometimes I think GameFreak should design a pair of alt-forms of an angry frog Pokémon with hypervoice as a gimmick, to represent the internal dichotomy of /vp/ arguing over stupid shit.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (22KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
22KB, 500x285px
>>32583519
anon....
>>
>>32587635
Its a big round number
>>
>>32583525
This tbhfam
Also you mean "original 150" because normies
>>
>>32583585
You're both correct and wrong.
Dex numbers, yes. No for the other detailed shit.

Unless you're answering a question as to why the old pokemon can't be split, I guess.

Though the reason the newer pokemon share the same name/dex number is because GameFreak doesn't want to reach 1000 Pokemon so soon. That's why XY had a small dex. That's why SM had a lot of two-staged evolutions and Alola forms.
>>
>>32583514
Because they only had the idea recently? Pretty obvious.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.