[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /vp usually prepare their teams before starting a pokemon game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1494868482479.jpg (126KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494868482479.jpg
126KB, 1000x600px
Does /vp usually prepare their teams before starting a pokemon game?
>>
>>32581234
I personally do, and it ALWAYS consists of
>Grass
>Water
>Fire
>Electric
>Flying
>Free choice
>>
>>32581234
I do. I normally use a Fire/Water/Grass core, then add more types to help the other types out. My Sun Team was:
>Primarina
>Mudsdale
>Magnezone
>Arcanine
>Ninetales (Alolan)
>Araquanid
>>
>>32581234
Have you seen the multiple threads there are of what people are going to use eighth before a game is released? This board is autistic when it comes to that. No repeating types, must include X, etc. I personally find doing that ruins the fun of Pokémon since you're actively searching out what Pokémon you're planning on using it instead of just winging it and catching whatever you like along the way. but eh, ppl will play however they want
>>
>>32581361
i agree with this dude. i used to plan out teams but it was just a lot less fun than just going through and picking what you like.
>>
No. I've only done that once, for BW because I wanted to make sure I didn't waste experience training shitmons as I couldn't use known quantities and that was before I knew that wasting exp wasn't an issue in those games anymore
>>
I used to, obsessively. I'd require certain types. Also no type overlap, that was a big no no for me.

Then I started Nuzlocking, and never went back. While it's often aggravating when you get things you always used to use or miss what you really hoped for, especially if it's a new Pokemon, it makes team building more fun because you have to design the team with what you've got in mind. I have more overlaps now, but it's not a deal breaker anymore. There's also a lot more "sure why not" when picking out things to use.
>>
>>32581234
Yes, I do. Sometimes I have multiple choices for each slot, so I kinda decide which one of them to use as I go, but I generally know what my team will be as soon as I start
>>
Only if there's something I want to use that isn't available until postgame or only in the other version.

If you mean planning, always, but it'd have the same end result as if I wing it as my choices are always just about what I feel like using in the moment. The games being so easy that it accommodates whatever terrible shitmon I want to use is a pro.
>>
>>32581234
I do, but they never go by the list. Most of the time I only get up to two of my planned 6 in an actual ingame playthrough.
>>
Yeah, I plan a team with my favorites of that gen
>>
>>32581234
To an extent I guess. My 'method' is usually just me picking 2-3 of my favorite Pokémon from a region as a base for my team and then creating a list of other Pokémon I really enjoy to select from.

Over lapping types usually don't bother me as long as I don't have more than two of that type.
>>
>>32581234
What's the source on this
>>
>>32581890
What do you mean exactly
>>
>>32582056
Where did that image come from, who made it, is there more, etc.
>>
For monotype challenge runs sometimes
>>
>>32581234
Always. Sometimes too far in advance. Had a team planned for Z. GF fucked me and I had to restart my X game to play with that planned team instead.
I already have teams planned for DP remakes. Here's hoping they don't fuck me again this time.
>>
Generally yeah, but I usually don't stick to it entirely. When I got Sun I had planned on using Oricorio, Kommo-o, and Salazzle but ended up using Ribombee, Bewear, and A-Muk instead.
>>
Only when I plan on rushing an old game for farming purposes. In that case I prepare babies with usuable natures who will get boosted exp for being trade mons in the new playthrough.
>>
Never. Much of the fun for me is designing a team as I go. Planning my team in advance would pretty much ruin the games for me.
>>
>>32581234
>only mons that are new
>only ones that evolve
>with natures that are good enough for them
>type diversity considered, stats, abilities, movesets too.
also Gen 7 has most of the worst mons because of their shit speed
>>
start game, pick fire starter no matter what, search for gen 2 pokemon. every generation like this since gen 2
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.