[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY IS THERE A SPIKY-EAR PICHU ICON IN SUN AND MOON? I-is my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: 172SMS.png (513B, 40x40px) Image search: [Google]
172SMS.png
513B, 40x40px
WHY IS THERE A SPIKY-EAR PICHU ICON IN SUN AND MOON?

I-is my baby finally coming back..?
>>
>>32580905
There was no icon for it in XY/ORAS. They actually created this for Sun & Moon, despite it not being in the games at all.
>>
>>32580905
Maybe it's coming back for the DPPt remakes? It is a Gen 4 'mon afterall, and it starred in the Arceus movie.
>>
>>32580910
Seems the most likely scenario.
>>
>>32580905
Wait, is it real?
>>
>>32580926
It was supposedly found during the datamine of Sun and Moon:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-sun-and-moon-full-game-datamine-general-discussion-thread.3586427/page-32

Bulbapedia has even begun using it, as opposed to its original box sprite from Gen 4, so it must definitely be in there.

I'm surprised no one has talked about this before, BUT IT'S REAL
>>
File: Gen VII.png (4KB, 93x140px) Image search: [Google]
Gen VII.png
4KB, 93x140px
>>32580930
In case people are too lazy to visit Bulbapedo.
>>
File: HAPPENING.png (30KB, 1135x654px) Image search: [Google]
HAPPENING.png
30KB, 1135x654px
How did nobody notice this? Or did I miss it back when Sun and Moon came out during all the hype?
>>
This is pretty neat, still sucks that the one from HGSS will never be able to be transferred out of it to later games.
>>
even if it's coming back, the one in hgss is never leaving there
>>
>>32580910

I wanna say this would be likely but wouldn't there be a 3D model to go along with it?
>>
>>32580959
>>32580961
But since it's event and backstory is all about time travel, the one we get now may still be the very same one. HGSS is just at the end of its own timeline, and Gen 7+ would be in the middle.

Yeah yeah, technically it's not the same data file, but at least we may get a new one, which is better than getting nothing.
>>
>>32580969
They don't have to make all the 3D models at the beginning of every generation. Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza didn't have 3D models in X and Y. They can just treat it like the moves Precipice Blades, Origin Pulse and Dragon Ascent were treated in Gen 6; they can go into Bank but cannot be put into a game they don't exist in. Easy.
>>
I'm still baffled why cosplay Pikachu isn't transferrable, considering it's very recent.
>>
>>32580990
It's icons are still in Sun and Moon. Maybe it'll return for Sinnoh's Super Contests?

I actually hope not, because I hate them with a passion. I can pretend they never existed if they only exist in a single game. But for the sake of continuity I guess I could live with it.
>>
HGSS remake confirmed
>>
>>32580990
I just assume it's because they don't have to do any extra work for that in the eventual future where they might have to make new models.

Though those Ash hat Pikachus being a thing goes against that.
>>
>>32581015
Maybe the Ash-Pikachus are temporary too. One can always hope.
>>
>>32581089
There is a Z-move for them so it's already impossible to get rid of them like "lol it's Gen 7 exclusive".

>>32580905
>>32580930
Wait, only now is there discussion of this? Wtf. I actually hope it comes back since I never played 4th Gen when it fisrt came out and I would like to have one of these even if it's completly useless. That and Floette, come on I need Light of Ruin in my life
>>
I'm surprised this is the first time I've heard about this. This is really cool.
>>
>>32581174
I played HGSS and Spiky-Ear Pichu was the fucking cutest. Plus if they bring it back they can give it Eternal Floette treatment.
>>
>>32580910
As much as I don't want Sinnoh remakes, I'd gladly accept them is they include Spikey-Ear Pichu.
>>
>>32581202
>give it Eternal Floette treatment

Type: Electric/Fairy
HP: 72
Atk: 60
Def: 62
SpA: 95
SpD: 85
Spe: 110
BST: 484

With a great movepool, did I make it useful? Maybe not competitively, but at least during the story?
>>
>>32581089
>>32581174
If the Ash-Pikachus can be banked, then it means they'll be in future games.
>>
>>32581486
If Cosplay Pikachu returns for the Sinnoh remakes, that means we'll have a Pikachu family consisting of 17 'Chus with a total of 4 signature moves and 4 signature items.

I like Spiky-Ear Pichu and all, but this is getting really worrisome.
>>
>>32581473
It'd be ok in some lower tiers.

make it compatible with light ball and it's OU as all fuck
>>
>>32581514
What if Light Ball is now compatible with the entire 'Chu line?
>>
>>32581529
alolachu -> ubers
>>
>>32581202
>>32581214

What is the appeal of this thing? I made threads about it now and again to see if anyone has any idea what the hell the point of it was (even when it came out) or what its backstory is (in the movie it was just sort of along for the ride without explanation) but all I've heard is that Serebii thought there'd be breeding variants. Why else would the ear be a thing?
>>
I just want the doc back.

>>32581740
It's cute.
>>
>>32580940
People definitely brought it up, but no one has ever made a big deal about it.
>>
>>32581740
>what its backstory is
You didn't look it up at all, did you? You made multiple threads about it and never bothered to even look up the event on YouTube or Bulbapedia?

Anyway, the story behind Spiky-Ear Pichu is that it was born a normal Pichu and it became BFFs with a Shiny Pichu. They got caught up in trouble involving Celebi and got seperated from each other when the normal Pichu got sent through time because of Celebi. It supposedly became a "companion" to Celebi and they travelled through time many times, so much that Pichu's DNA started mutating and its ear grew spiky and it lost the ability to evolve. Shiny Pichu spent its life searching for it in Johto, while Spiky-Ear Pichu tried to return to its own time. Fast forward to HGSS and when you bring Shiny Pichu to Ilex Shrine, Celebi appears with the now Spiky-Earred Pichu and they finally reunite, and both join your team.

There's nothing else to it, it's just a tale of two friends who got seperated through time and never stopped looking for each other, who eventually got back together for a happy ending.
>>
>>32581740
>The appeal
It's adorable and its backstory is adorable and it has a bff in Shiny Pichu which is adorable

>The point
Masuda's favoruite Pokémon used to be Pichu and he wanted to do something special with it so others would love it too

>The backstory
See >>32581958
>>
I can only see the reasoning behind this being gen 4 remakes.
>>
>>32580905
How will it function in the Sinnoh remakes then? If that's the games it comes back in. It's from Johto afterall, so what brings it there? Celebi?
>>
>>32580910
Or Kanto/Johto games. It originated from Johto instead of Sinnoh.
>>
>>32580905
Why are there so many Johto references this gen?
>>
>>32581486
The Ash-hat Pikachu can be banked.

For that matter, so can Ash-Greninja
>>
Seems likely for Gen 4 remakes. I'd figure the games probably would sort out some of the time travel nonsense and giving us spikey eared Pichu would be an easy way to showcase it.

Gen 4 has been obviously hinted at just like gen 3 remakes were. Its kind of funny that the magikarp game that came out has Manaphy in it
>>
>>32583190
You mean Kanto..
>>
>>32583235
>Its kind of funny that the magikarp game that came out has Manaphy in it
Is it really though? Literally what else would it have, there's no other Water type Legendary/Mythical that's small and cute.
>>
>>32580905
Does this mean Bank is going to be compatible with the gen 4 games?
>>
>>32583205
Thank fuck.

I know a lot of people don't like these forms, but I believe is a new form is introduced, it should be kept for future games.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.