[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is why we can still get a new Pokemon game this year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: PKEvidence.png (28KB, 667x336px) Image search: [Google]
PKEvidence.png
28KB, 667x336px
>>
Would be fine with an E3 announcement since it means the next game or games are 100% for Switch. No way would they reveal a Pokemon game during the Treehouse stream.
>>
Please, stop being so desperated for a new game, there's tons of other games for you to play if you're bored, if we get a new pokemon game this year, cool!, if we don't, then cool too!, because the game will probably be better than a rushed one, but don't just be looking at everything like it's a hint for a new game, because you will be dissapointed when you realize it's nothing.

also
>But a strong enemy appears before them
That line is talking about Cross and his incineroar, who are the main antagonist of the movie.
It would be pretty weird to just throw both the third legendary and a mythical into the movie, especially considering that Necrozma is tied to the ultra beast and as such he's more likely to appear in a movie with them.
>>
>>32579467
I forgot to mention something important.

If the next game is on Switch, you don't want to have people waiting weeks/months like ORAS to see the first 1080p Pokemon game... That makes E3 the best option.
>>
>>32579467
We wont have a platform change mid generation, and with new 3DS hardware revealed in the same year. Switch already has it's big sellers, Pokemon will be selling the 3DS at least one more time
>>
File: 1484931445303.jpg (2MB, 3934x4091px) Image search: [Google]
1484931445303.jpg
2MB, 3934x4091px
>>32579445
Nah Gen 8 on Switch next year. Almost the same type of evidence was talked about for a third game for XY. Everyone thought Z was on the way when mecha Zygarde was first teased and its TCG was revealed. If you think the "shocking announcement" will be anything but disappointment, then you're clearly new here.
>>
File: IMG_1048.jpg (328KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1048.jpg
328KB, 600x400px
>>32579445
I would rather have no game this year and have Generation 8 on the switch next year
>>
There is gonna be a new game anyone with a brain knows this
>>
>>32579507
I still love that out of all these "leaks", the only one that turned out to be real was the one posted on /v/.
>>
>>32579490
why not change platform mid generation? It's not like the 3DS is doing anything for the series that the Switch can't. If anything it's hindering it. So why not move Pokemon to Switch asap, and ensure the Switch is a success early on?
>>
>>32579584
Something something 3 ds already had a large install base and the whole weirdness of paid online for Pokemon when that bank subscription is already a thing.

Who knows what to expect though.
>>
I just want to know when the next game will be out. I don't care if the next game and its announcement aren't until next year, just so long as I know that for sure and can stop feeling like I'm waiting indefinitely for something.
>>
>>32579584
People asked the same thing after BW2 went on the DS.

Even worse when the Switch isnt BC with the 3DS. hey are going to the console with 70 million by the end of the year, not the one selling 10 million
>>
>>32579596
Are you really equating an optional payment for past pokemon to needing to pay to access all of online?
>>
>>32579609
I'd prefer if I wasn't nudged into paying for both. I know no one is forcing me to.
>>
>>32579600
At least we know something is coming
https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/20/game-freak-job-ad-hints-at-pokemon-on-switch-wants-devs-for-globally-popular-rpg-on-console/
>>
>>32579604
No backwards compatibility is even more of a reason to put it on Switch over 3DS. Why make people carry around two systems just because they want to play Pokemon too?

And by the logic of the install base argument they should never make Pokemon games on anything other than 3DS. Since the Switch will sure as hell never outsell the 3DS without Pokemon.
>>
>>32579584
Because that would necessitate an all-new platform and as we all know GF's competence, that would make intra-gen battling impossible, which isn't something they want to do. Also just the very fact that they can't use the same engine for the newer games would probaably discourage them from doing it because they won't be getting the return they'll be wanting.
>>
>>32579650
What system will the average consumer more likely own at the end of this year, a Switch or a 3DS? Even without Pokemon, if people are carrying around one system, it's gonna be a 3DS.

A typical handheld player will not be buying a 300 dollar system with paid online to play pokemon
>>
>>32579706
It really wouldn't be that difficult to port the Sun and Moon engine to Switch.
>>
>>32579724
>A typical handheld player will not be buying a 300 dollar system with paid online to play pokemon

Unless they put Pokemon on it
>>
>>32579726
You keep assuming GF is competent. Stop doing that
>>
>>32579477
Necrozma will also be in the movie though, dont forget.
>movie mentions something is antagonizing Ho-oh
>Marshadow shown fighting Necrozma in promotional movie TCG
>Corocoro just did a couple pages on Necrozma in their latest release
It's so obvious it's going to be in the movie as another antagonist.
>>
>>32579734
There's a point where it will stop working. When the Switch lowers in price or gets a lite version, then Pokemon can come on down. But for now, this is definitely home console tier
>>
>>32579736
Most of Game Freak's incompetence comes from making poor decisions. Just because they didn't make 3D models properly optimized for the 3DS doesn't mean they're incapable of porting a game from one system to another. Especially why wait when those 3D models were meant to be future proofing for a future system like the Switch.
>>
I don't think the Necrozma advertising point has any ground to stand on. The same thing happened with Zygarde, it was heavily advertised and merchandized, but it still didn't get a game.
>>
>>32579743
>>32579507
>>
>>32579584
Come on. Switch being a new handheld console meme needs to die. Even Nintendo is still producing 3DS Games.
>>
File: 1493366072400.jpg (9KB, 305x309px) Image search: [Google]
1493366072400.jpg
9KB, 305x309px
>>32579584
>why not change platform mid generation?
Because they've never fucking done that? It would be a horrible marketing and business practice to jump console mid gen. Ever new Pokemon game on a new system has always been a new gen. Are you retarded?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.