[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this thing so difficult to get hold of?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: souls.jpg (26KB, 250x228px)
souls.jpg
26KB, 250x228px
I never played HGSS and I loved GSC.
I bought a copy on eBay years ago and it was illegitimate and the save file corrupted every few saves.
Even the fucking rom I downloaded is corrupted and blacks out on me.
A used copy in my local GAME is £45...what the fuck I aint paying that for 3-gen old game.
I'm scared to get it on eBay again.

Is it worth the search? Is it unbearably grindy now that Exp is so easy to get in gens 6 and 7?
>>
>>32575005
I use an R4 with my DSLite and even patched my rom to work with that custom online but only trading is implemented. If you wanna play on an emulator or get an R4 i can upload my rom if you want.
>>
>>32575005
gamestop I checked had like 10 of them and BW2 copies

I'm trying to get emerald, now that's annoying and GBA carts are easy to damage
>>
>>32575255
Not to mention the seven trillion fake GBA carts out there.
>>
>>32575005
Use an emulator senpai, especially since all online services for gen 4/5 shut down ages ago
>>
>>32575284
>Use an emulator senpai,
I have. The rom I have blacked out at Ecruteak City.
>>
>>32575005
I was in the same situation regarding HGSS (loved GSC, hadnñt played the remakes), and I bought Soulsilver a week ago on Ebay. The game was supposedly in "LIKE NEW" condition, and cost 50 euros.

The game arrived and I examined it closely before playing. Firs weird thing I found: the cartridge makes those weird creaking sounds, when pressed with the fingers,

As if this wasn´t enough, the contacts are quite scratched (those scratches were completely invisible on the images posted on the website that I saw before buying, and since contact problems are only visible under very few angles under the sunlight, he tricked me)

After not playing the game for 2 days, I decided to put it back in the console to paly, but the console wouldn´t read the game (probably due to the scratches). I retried a few times and then the console finally detected the cartridge, and the game worked fine. But now I am too scared to take the cartridge out of the console, because it might not read it next time I decide to paly it.

Remember that I paid 50 euros for this bullshit, in supposedly "LIKE NEW" condition. I now canñt decide should I try again and search for a better copy on Ebay, or jsut call it a day and stay with this scratched game and call it a day, but either way, I learned my lesson: never buy from a Spanish seller, they are lying fucks.

Anyway, long story short: the game really is great: probably one of the best. But I am not sure if it is worth buying, since other TOP TIER Pokemon games like Platinum, BW2 or ORAS, are so much easier to find,a nd on more reasonable price.
>>
>>32575726
>bought on eBay
>damaged
>not just sending it back and disputing the charge since the seller lied
>>
>>32575740
I dunno how much time I have to do this, since the problems only started apearing like a week after the game arrived.

Also, havind to deal with Ebay might be a pain. The game does look in very good condition from the outside, which is what tricked me.
>>
>>32575284
>online service
The online in pokemon games was, is, and always will be utter trash. gen 4/5 online was literally more functional when using exploits to generate pokemon.
>>
Are they really that rare? I have one Heart Gold and three Soul Silvers that work perfectly. I even have the pokewalkers and the little figurines.
>>
>>32575760
They are not rare, just very expensive.

What is rare is finding them in the promissed condition by the seller.
>>
>>32575005
>>32575675

Try getting a romhack of it, they tend to crash far less often than the original despite the fix, you just have to save every once in a while but it's playable all the way to the end
>>
>>32575675
It should only do that the first time.
>>
>>32575726
>never buy from a Spanish seller, they are lying fucks
Spain was made from the garbage of nearby countries, that garbage tainting the blood of Mexicans is what makes them so terrible.
>>
I have two copies of SS and a copy of HG, both of which I stole from some kid a few days after they came out. That's pretty reliable if you ask me
>>
>>32577461
I hope you get fucked up by a cactus.
>>
>>32575005
>45 pounds
That's like 60 us bucks, right?

That's not bad. In my local secondhand game store they have several copies of SoulSilver, but they're 80 bucks minimum (lime 62 pounds, google says)
>>
>tfw i still have my cart
>but no pokewalker
:V
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.