[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/plg/ Pokémon Lore General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 21

File: 1474280428106.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474280428106.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
It has been a looong time.

>Post theories, predictions, ideas, and trivia about Pokémon Lore.
>No flaming, only discussion.
>Try to have fun.
>Do NOT reply to Richard.
>>
>>32572270
I checked out of /plg/ whem I realise most of the people in the threads were pretty stupid.

That stupid alchemy and Azoth shit took up so much discussion when it was obvious neither would lead anywhere, and then the rest was retards replying to Richard and people taking the megaverse shit too serously.

Discussion about Arceus/Unown was pretty great though. Sort of hoping a future game expands on it but I'm not holding my breath
>>
>>32574177
The alchemy and Azoth shit was forced by that one retarded fat fuck on YouTube and his retarded followers. Glad it's gone now.
>>
>>32574177
Richard left, though, when he claimed that Kyogres tears made the ocean.
>>
>>32572270
Vivillon developed Powder as protection against its natural predator Talonflame.

Unfortunately it never developed any defense mechanism against Talonflame's Flying type attacks.
>>
>>32575249
Doesnt have to be Talon specifically, it makes sense a Bug Type would eventually end up with protection against Fire types. It's what Durant should have had in it's lore

>>32574187
>>32575167
both of these are good. At least they guessed Colress right. Even if the game was too lazy to do anything with him
>>
>>32574177
I remember the discussions about Arceus and the Unown. Good times.
>>
>>32572270
Lol I remember the hype for Zygarde's story potential in Sun/Moon and we literally got fucking nothing and on the top of all this Zygarde is a mess, especially considering its form changing mechanics and conflicting lore
>>
>>32577199
Hey, maybe that's something we could get a discussion starting on.
We'd just need to compile every lore related element to Zygarde first.
>>
>>32578020
I hope to see more of it in a future installment and actually be important to the story, though I hope GF makes the Complete form changeable like the previous forms and keeps Aura Break. And then according to the Lore it can actually defeat Xerneas, something it currently can't "thanks" to Power Construct in a 1v1 in a battle lol
>>
>>32576951
Gen 4 has the best lore potential imo.
>>
I always thought Ho-Oh and the Aura trio, or at least Xerneas, could have been related in some way because of the shared themes of resurrection, life and the rainbow motifs. They just seem to have more in common than whatever is currently being pushed with Necrozma and even Lugia, which to me comes across only as an exceptionally powerful dragon-bird that lives underwater and has little to do with Ho-Oh otherwise.
>>
>>32578563
iirc the only things Lugia and Ho-Oh had in common was that they were birds who roosted on the Brass and Tin Towers.
>>
File: lugia and ho-oh.png (15KB, 766x187px) Image search: [Google]
lugia and ho-oh.png
15KB, 766x187px
>>32578563
I agree with this.

I remember people saying Yveltal was pretty much the third bird in the trio based on typing and stuff like that. Plus, Ho-oh does share themes with them, and Necrozma (something GF seems to notice)

But honestly, they both represent stuff that connects them to pretty much every other legendary duo in the games
>>
File: 1473087680691.jpg (105KB, 617x609px) Image search: [Google]
1473087680691.jpg
105KB, 617x609px
>>32578670
bump with a comment, reply or an image. Regular bumps dont really work
>>
>>32578581
>iirc the only things Lugia and Ho-Oh had in common was that they were birds who roosted on the Brass and Tin Towers.
And that's pretty much it. Lugia has nothing to do with life, death or rebirth to compliment Ho-Oh, it's just sort of there. Lore only mentions that it can make storms, not because it's a storm deity like Kyogre or the Genies but because it doesn't know it's own strength.

I know the quote in >>32578632 is supposed to explain the actual purpose of their duality, but unlike every other duo/trio there is nothing in the games emphasizing symbolism with day/night. As of Gen 7 and how heavy the sun and moon motif are for the latest duo, it seems even less likely that's the case.

Ho-Oh and Lugia are supposed to be complimentary opposites without actually having any opposing features, and that really stands out in the current lore.
>>
>>32579397
I do know that Ho-oh is guardian of the skies and Lugia is guardian of the seas, and this is canon, but I cant remember where exactly it gets brought up. But yeah, Ho-oh is the centre of Johto lore and Lugia is just kind of there.
>>
So why exactly are Solgaleo and Lunala associated with the sun/moon?
>>
>>32579482
Probably because of how they look when using their signature moves. Solgaleo's mane stands in spikes and it becomes gold and white, while Lunala lifts its wings overhead to resemble a disc and becomes a soft bluish white. Ancient Alolans witnessed this and came up with the first resemblance they thought of.
>>
>>32579482
Alter of the Sunne and Moone and that's probably it unless I'm forgetting something
>>
>>32572270
I really like the idea that the dragon in the Dragonmark Chamber is the original dragon. I'm kind of hoping nu-GF never expands that lore further because their design for the dragon would probably suck.
>>
Let's talk about what Ho-oh and Suicune's connection to the Unown was supposed to be.

>The radio station that you can play at the Ruins of Alph in HGSS is a distorted combination of Ho-oh's cry and the Azure Flute
>You need Ho-oh in your party to open a room in the Ruins of Alph
>Suicune is seen running with a group of Unown in the opening animation of Crystal, with the Unown communicating with Suicune via radio waves

And from Crystal:

>"Of the legendary POKéMON, SUICUNE
>is said to be the closest to HO-OH.
>I hear there may also be a link to
>POKéMON known as UNOWN.
>The POKéMON UNOWN must be sharing a
>cooperative bond with SUICUNE."
>>
>>32580211
These unanswered questions trigger me more than all the Azoth stuff and the original dragon combined

Now that I think about it though, both Ho-oh and Arceus are the only legendaries that have created life in other pokemon. Maybe the Unown see the creation potential in Ho-oh as well?
>>
>>32580220
Well, Ho-oh more than creating life out of nothing what it does is bring it back.
>>
Thinking about it, what do Solgaleo and Lunala even do? Like what makes them significant enough to be box legendaries?
>>
>>32580867 They're plot related, although they're not gods of specific things.

Ho-Oh and Lugia were the gods of rainbows\day\sun and storms\night\moon.

Groudon and Kyogre were the gods of land and sea.

Dialga and Palkia were the gods of time and space.

Reshiram and Zekrom were the gods of truths and ideals.

Xerneas and Yveltal were the gods of life and death.

Solgaleo and Lunala are random Pokémon from another dimension that went to our dimension and became plot important.
>>
>>32580514
I think what >>32580220 means is that Ho-Oh not only revived, but gave entirely new life to the three dead pokemon as the powerful beasts. It's not exactly like Arceus and the legendary egg from nowhere, but it is something similar. The connection the Unown was not removed in HGSS despite all the new lore, so some ties could remain.

Does anyone think we could get something new in-game with Ho-Oh now that it's getting more attention from the anime and TCG side?
>>
>>32578178
GF better retcon Zygarde... again. It should get Aura Break in its Perfect form and like the snake and dog forms it should be changeable and possible to keep just like the 2 previous mentioned forms.
>>
>>32574177
I wasn't around for the Azoth stuff. Can anyone tell me what the theories were?
>>
>>32581392
Yeah, but Ho-oh and Lugia were plot related, but Ho-oh still actually did stuff in the region

>>32581552
The Ho-oh Necrozma stuff makes me think it may just haoppen

>>32581701
basically, the Volcanion movie had something relating to a place called Azoth, and that name came up somewhere in ORAS and there was a tonne of speculation about how XY and ORAS would relate to Gen 7
>>
>>32574177
I wish we could visit azoth in a future game with a time travel
>>
What's your headcanon about how Sketch works, anons?
>>
are there multiple articuno's?

have there been any other man-made pokemon aside from Porygon and Mewtwo?

is Meowth the only pokemon that can speak?

what's it really like inside a Pokeball?

did Ash and Red's dad both die in the ancient unspoken Pokemon war?

are all the Pokemon regions on the same world?

roughly how many different Pokemon League Champions are there?
>>
File: SinjohRuins.png (12KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
SinjohRuins.png
12KB, 256x192px
Redpill me on the SInjoh Ruins
>>
>>32582870
>are there multiple articuno's?
IMO there likely are, yes.

>have there been any other man-made pokemon aside from Porygon and Mewtwo?
There's Castform. And there are all the ancient man-made mons like Golurk and Magearna. And there's Genesect and Silvally.

You could also possibly include things like Deoxys, Voltorb, and Trubbish that weren't made intentionally.

Then there's the mons that were inanimate object brought to life by "rays from the moon" like Grimer and Claydol

>is Meowth the only pokemon that can speak?
Meowth can only speak in the Anime canon AFAIK, and in that canon don't lots of legendaries speak telepathically? I don't watch it so I don't know.

>are all the Pokemon regions on the same world?
Yes.

Don't know about the others.
>>
>>32582893

It's where the false god Arceus usurped Ho-oh's power over the Unown.
>>
>>32582870
There's nothing that suggests that, so probably not.
But it's also never been said there is only one, so there COULD be more.

There are a shit ton of them in the anime though.

All Pokemon can speak.
Almost all can understand human language. You communicate with them in battle all the time.
Most, if not all, lack the vocal cords to speak in human language, though.
There are a few who can speak in human language. Chatot, for one, is known for speaking. A Murkrow in Johto has also been shown speaking.
You hold a conversation with a Zoroark in Unova. But that only when he transforms into a human, so its possible Zoroark also lack the vocal cords to speak, unless they transform.
Additionally, Rotom in SM can also speak. As is the case with most Pokemon, it understands human language, and the Pokedex provides it means to speak, further proving that Pokemon can understand human language, just lack the ability to use it.

>what's it really like inside a Pokeball?
A place for the Pokemon to live in. There's enough evidence to conclude that they are just shrunken in size and live inside the Poke Ball, so the Pokemon must have just open space for them. Depending on the ball, the environment inside differs. A Dive Ball will be watery, while a Net Ball will be net-y.

Additionally, it's been outright stated in SSB that Poke Ball provide a comfortable space for Pokemon to live in. That is the only time it was directly commented on. But it's SSB, so make what you will of it.

>did Ash and Red's dad both die in the ancient unspoken Pokemon war?
There's almost zero information available on this. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. There's nothing suggesting either way.

>roughly how many different Pokemon League Champions are there?
We have seen a total of 15.
16 with the retconned Wallace.
Blue, Red, Lance, Ethan, Steven, Brendan, Cynthia, Lucas, Alder, N, Iris, Nate, Diantha, Calem and Sun.
>>
>>32583142
Ash was never a champion?

I was watching an Anime episode, and there was a Gym Leader that used an Articuno, so I didn't know if he was borrowing it for the battle, or if he had his own, or a bond with a free agent pokemon kind of thing.. I dunno.

If all those different regions are on the same world, why have they taken so long to be discovered.. I mean, Oak in Kanto put together a Pokedex for 149 pokemon, with absolutely no knowledge of another region out there? Is it simply an oversight for the growth of the franchise?

I can't even remember where the boat in Vermillion takes you in RBY.. I just remember getting on, then getting off at the same port..

What type of transportation is popular in Pokemon? I wanna say I've seen cars, and motorcycles.. Are they pokemon powered?
>>
Where does the retarded theory that regions are independent countries come from?
>>
>>32583196
>Ash was never a champion?
Had a good laugh at this.
No, he never became a Champion. And I only listed the game Champions. Anime is a completely different thing, with a completely different type of League.

>I was watching an Anime episode, and there was a Gym Leader that used an Articuno
Again, there's a shit load of them in the anime. I mentioned it in my last post. And again, the anime and the games are completely separate things.

>If all those different regions are on the same world, why have they taken so long to be discovered?
They didn't.
The 150 Pokemon thing was just another case of Early Franchise Weirdness. A lot of things from RGBY doesn't fit in with the rest of the series.
For one, the naming scheme. Kanto is a real world place. They named the region after a real location. They also mention other real world locations, like Russia and US. That is something that hasn't happened since.

>What type of transportation is popular in Pokemon? I wanna say I've seen cars, and motorcycles.. Are they pokemon powered?
There's no real data on this. We see boats and ships used the most often, but cars, trains and planes are also shown. Bikes and motorcycles are also shown.
We just don't know which one is the most used. By protagonists, though, bikes are used the most often, followed by ships and boats, then trains. But that is probably just because the protagonists can't drive cars.

Pokemon are also used by trainers, though again, not sure how often. In Alola, using Pokemon to travel is the norm, but outside Alola, Fly seems to the only thing Pokemon are used for. Surfing, or riding them hasn't been shown a lot.

So, to answer the question, no idea which method of transportation is preferred, though all of them are shown.
>>
File: Concerned Skeltal.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
Concerned Skeltal.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
>>32578762
>TFW geologists have probably killed more dittos than anyone else.
>>
>>32583272
What's canon, games, or anime when it comes to POKEMON?
>>
>>32583298
Games get the highest priority, and are pretty much the only thing that matter.
The anime is its own separate thing.

Also, fuck off or put more effort in the questions.
>>
>>32583298
They're all at least canon to themselves but the games tend to be the go-to thing.
>>
>>32583308
I guess I'd be pissed off too if I'd jerked off to Misty more times then there are Pokemon now.

How many pokemon are there now?

Which one is #498?

Is the chip on your shoulder an evolution from your depressed state?

what's the main energy source in each Pokemon region?

Have they made it outside of their world yet?

Are there space pokemon for them to discover?

Is Oak still alive?

What legendary pokemon are spoken for, and who speaks for them?

Why is Red in Mt. Silver, when Silver hasn't even come to fame yet?
>>
>>32583337
>reddit/richard spacing
>>
>>32583349
It's a single space, I thought Reddit spacing was a double space?
>>
>>32582870
If you count game mechanics there are technically multiples of every pokemon, even Arceus. Game lore says nothing, though. Only confirmed multiples are Heatran, Phione, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, Cosmog and it's evolutions, UB's and Silvally. I might have missed some.

Talking Meowth is anime only. However, pokemon like Meloetta might, since it has amazing singing powers, and Copycat's Doduo as well as that Mimikyu could possibly be able to talk as well. Maybe Lapras can too?

>what's it really like inside a Pokeball?
I imagine it digitizes a pokemon's body while maintaining it's conciousness and the lock doubles as a camera that feeds video and audio from the outside world.

I have no clue how apricorn based balls are supposed to work.

>did Ash and Red's dad both die in the ancient unspoken Pokemon war?
AZ is still alive, anon.
>>
>>32583337
>too many
>that one
>I put it there to remind myself I like cool ranch
>The burning of helix fossil fuels
>...?
>Clefable
>Oak is immortal
>They are all my waifus
>Red was tired of every faggot asking to fight him since he became league champion
>>
>>32583363
>I imagine it digitizes a pokemon's body
It doesn't.
>>
File: heatran gif.gif (461KB, 450x192px) Image search: [Google]
heatran gif.gif
461KB, 450x192px
>There is a breeding population of Heatran deep in the earth's core
>Heatran will only breed under the intense conditions present there
>Occasionally a brave Heatran makes its way to the surface world where it's regarded as a legend
>This is why Heatran has gender but cannot breed
>>
File: tumblr_nfief03ynZ1t48mn8o1_1280.png (1MB, 500x1583px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfief03ynZ1t48mn8o1_1280.png
1MB, 500x1583px
>>
>>32583215
Because as of Gen 5 the regions and their cultures are not based on Japan like every region before was, and the regions based on Japan are confirmed to be one country in Gen 4. There's also that the lore and history of any region tends to be contained to itself with little connection to any other regions' lore and history, and NPC's tend to never explicitly mention other regions, instead using phrases like "A distant region" which implies that the regions could be far away from each other.

National Dex, however, is pretty damning evidence that all the regions are one country. Wouldn't it be changed to something like "World Dex" if they weren't?
>>
>>32572270
why is hoenn so comfy
>>
>>32583498
No, anon. You misunderstood his question. He was asking about the autism that leads people to think Kanto and Johto are separate countries. That Unova is the replacement COUNTRY for US, not just a region within US. That Kalos is a COUNTRY, not just a place within a country.
>>
>>32583534
>He was asking about the autism that leads people to think Kanto and Johto are separate countries. That Unova is the replacement COUNTRY for US, not just a region within US. That Kalos is a COUNTRY, not just a place within a country.

That is what I meant. There is a ton of vagueness in the games when it comes to how the regions are related, from being referred to as "distant" to having little interconnected lore and history, and being heavily based off real world locations. Even with confirmation from the games themselves, like in the case of Gen 4, the overall vagueness tends to breed headcanons.
>>
>>32580211
Hm, now that I think of it:
Lyra/Ethan befriends quite a few legendaries with Suicune, Ho-Oh and Arceus. Maybe there is some deeper lore to bring them all together.

I just want to mention, like always, that Unown can only be found in watery places, places close to water and fog. Now that I think of it, Suicune always being on a quest for pure water, do the Unown tell it where to go? Is Suicune looking for Arceus himself?
>>
What's your headcanon on Marshadow's powers, /plg/?
>>
File: 300px-Hareta_Regigigas.png (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Hareta_Regigigas.png
33KB, 300x300px
I love this fucking thread!!!
>>
>>32582834
Smeargle paints stuff into reality

>>32582870
>are pokemon regions the same as the real world
Nope. New York City is not relatively the same size as France. Even if it's sort of similar it's stil widely different and not nearly 1:1
>>
Does Yellow take precedence over RGB in canon the way Emerald did over RS? Or does Jap Blue take that spot?
>>
>>32584309
Given that Red at Mt. Silver has an unevolved Pikachu and all three starters, which are available in Yellow, I would say yes. It doesn't really matter, though, because the plot is identical to the other versions unlike every other third version.
>>
>>32584349
The Pikachu is in a Pokeball though.

I agree it doesn't really matter. I just want to get autistic over it for a bit.
>>
>>32584309
Doesnt matter, FRLG is the current canon alongside ORAS
>>
>>32584409
Emerald and ORAS are both canon.
>>
>>32584502
Well, yeah, but that's a special case
>>
Why is it called Grass type instead of Plant type? Grass is a just a tiny part of all the plantae kingdom.

Why can pokemon have only two maximum types?

Why was the fairy type discovered so late? Why was it confused with normal in so many species?

Are dittos capable of transforming at will in any pokemon they've seen before?
>>
>>32584622
Fairy wasnt discovered late, ORAS is the beginning of the timeline.

As for why some pokemon were normal, Regional Variants.
>>
File: Azoth nigga.png (316KB, 1888x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Azoth nigga.png
316KB, 1888x1010px
>>32572270
Azoth and Regis
>>
>>32584632

That reminds me, is fairy type meant to be undiscovered in the non-mega time line or does it simply not exist?
>>
>>32585112
technically no way to know. My headcannon is in the non mega verse, Fairy really is new in XY while in the Megaverse, that is retconned and it was discovered at FRLG/ORAS times
>>
>>32583845
someone post that comparison post between magearna and marshadow. I know the eyes were a big part of it, but I didn't save it.
>>
>>32585127
Bumping for this
>>
>>32584622
>Are dittos capable of transforming at will in any pokemon they've seen before?

My theory is that Ditto's can only copy whats in front of them, and therefore are incapable from copying from memory. For example, it can copy a brick or a rock due to it most likely being around it.
>>
>>32581392
Ho-oh and Lugia aren't the gods of anything. Ho-oh is revered as an all-purpose idol, but Lugia is just some guy who lives underwater.
>>
>>32572270
>Do not reply rodolfo?
>>
File: 1490438944713.png (12KB, 1271x92px) Image search: [Google]
1490438944713.png
12KB, 1271x92px
>>32584309
>>32584349

>>32584502
>>32584538
No, no that's not. You can even argue that Emerald was NEVER canon, based on Steven's comment in HGSS. Now with ORAS, there's nothing left of Emerald anymore.
>>
>>32585888
I mean, Anabel and Zinnia reference Emerald, so I count that as the one non current game that is definitely canon. Then again, it doesnt affect the current timeline
>>
>>32586008
I'm a bit out of loop on that. When does Anabel refer to Emerald? And Zinnia mentions a Mega-less world, but still doesn't refer to Emerald directly. That's just an assumption we're making. It could be RS. It likely is RS, considering Zinnia calls that world "almost exactly like" ORAS one.
>>
>>32586013
>>32586013
I guess the implication that she came from a wormhole and her only existing in Emerald
>>
>>32586101
>her only existing in Emerald
That directly conflicts with the information we have. We have been told that the only difference between the worlds is the war 3000 years ago and Megas. Otherwise, the worlds are the same. The people should also be the same. To back that up, we see Battle Tower being made in ORAS, directly implying that the Frontier Brains exist.
>>
>>32585744
What about how Lugia would destroy the world when he woke up in the second movie?
>>
>>32586585
Well, Lugia brings Destruction, Ho-Oh brings life, Lugia lives at the bottom of the sea, Ho-Oh lives in the sky.
I actually think their location during FRLG, navel rock, could be an indicator to how their story works.
I mean, in GSC we know they fled Johto but being on Sevii they are still fairly close to it. That means, that the protag in GSC actually can make them go back to Johto. Also this means that they likely always stay together.

Just some food for thought.
>>
>>32586585
There's none of that in the games. Lugia can make great storms by flapping its wings, but since it can't control its power, it lives underwater. Now, it's revered as Johto's sea guardian, and that's about it. Same thing with the legendary birds, no game lore mentions any connection.
>>
File: 1474286171037.png (529KB, 870x478px) Image search: [Google]
1474286171037.png
529KB, 870x478px
>>
>>32587872
>In South America
I didn't realize they still had these references in GSC and FR/LG. I know Raichu's dex entry about elephants had been reprised. Is the pokeworld supposed to take place in some version of our world?
>>
>>32584633
>Regicide
>Not Regimikro
Gigas meaning "giant" in Greek and mikro meaning "small"
>>
File: 1494905975569.png (19KB, 153x132px) Image search: [Google]
1494905975569.png
19KB, 153x132px
>>32575167
>Kyogre's tears made the ocean

well damn
>>
>>32583349
All those autistic questions would've been a clusterfuck had Anon not spaced them thusly.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsorG0iLVcQ
>>
>>32587920
Yeah. gens 1-4 are in Japan, Unova is in New York, Kalos is France, Alola is Hawaii. The maps are very similar.
>>
>>32578178
The very thought of permanent Zygarde Complete with Aura Break makes me moist, Shame game freak chose to make it a fucking gimmick instead of a solid form change like previous legendaries/mythicals n co
>>
File: 1463269558773.png (2MB, 1721x1822px) Image search: [Google]
1463269558773.png
2MB, 1721x1822px
>>32588422
>being this blatantly wrong
>>
Why are there Regis and Lake Guardians in Unova?
>>
>>32583845
>>32585127
>>
>>32588422
The maps are similar but the regions are obviously not their real-world counterparts. The dex entries and some NPC dialogue imply that some real-world locations like Tiksi and Guyana and the totally fictional regions exist at the same time.
>>
>>32586971
The games have very slightly mentioned a connection, with the legendary birds being at Sea Spirit's Den in XY and some HGSS(?) promotional game commercials having the birds with Lugia and the beasts with Ho-oh
>>
>>32586107
That also makes sense. But Emerald is a combination of the two stories the same way we dont know witch of the Teams actually went evil in ORAS and later games would most likely just vaguely mention both of them doing stuff
>>
>>32586013
Soundtrack
>>
>>32589443
>Sea Spirit's Den
Isn't that just a name? Lugia has no lore in Kalos. There's nothing explicit tying the birds to Lugia in the games like the beasts with Ho-Oh.
>>
>>32590555
Yeah, but it's a pretty specific name. Sometimes other regions have places that relate to other region's legendaries. think that in the Pokemon world, legendaries arent all tied to specific regions. Like, there's lore for the hoenn trio in Johto
>>
>>32590741
>Sometimes other regions have places that relate to other region's legendaries.
I can get that, but with the hoenn trio and the sinjoh ruins it's all explicitly shown and acknowledged in the games, while with Sea Spirit's Den there's literally nothing. Not even the legendary birds that you find roaming all over Kalos have any lore there.
>>
>>32590835
But that's just Kalos overall. There's even less than that for the two box legends of X and Y, who get literally nothing. If it were another game I'd say it wasnt enough, but in Kalos it's pretty much a big deal
>>
I've been planning out a Pokemon game I'll be playing with tabletop, but I don't have anything on Marshadow.
Anyone have their own headcanons for it?
>>
File: 1475350940226.png (11KB, 433x117px) Image search: [Google]
1475350940226.png
11KB, 433x117px
>>32588109
>>
>>32593365
lol
>>
>>32572270
bump
>>
File: magearna.png (200KB, 475x1643px) Image search: [Google]
magearna.png
200KB, 475x1643px
>>32585127
oh shit, I had it saved the whole time, just in a different folder. Wasn't as interesting as I remembered it being.
>>
>>32588595
Why are the Hoenn box legends in Johto?
>>
>>32596734
The old Johto settlers built a tower for them to roost when they go there
>>
>>32596830
How do Kyogre and Groudon "roost"
>>
>>32596931
They sit back and relax.
However, how the fuck would they go there without leaving everything behind them in complete chaos and destruction?
>>
>>32598675

The ancient johtonians played music over the radio that calmed them and suppressed their powers.
>>
How do we scale Mystery Dungeon

>yfw you have level 100 azurill with 200+ in all stats (in a game where it caps at 255) and three digit HP

How is it posisble that in PMD, a baby Pokemon can effortleslly kill legendaries like no problem if you just feed them Gummis? also why Kecleons are stronger than legendaries
>>
>>32582870

> are there multiple articuno's?
Probably not. Most Pokemon descended from magical constructs that people used perform various tasks, some of which escaped into the wild and started breeding. Articuno and the other Legendaries are unique in that most of them were originally specially-created weapons, most of which assumed a guardian role after they managed to escape into the wild.

> have there been any other man-made pokemon aside from Porygon and Mewtwo?
Almost all Pokemon descended from man-made magical constructs. This technology has been lost and rediscovered several times in history, explaining ancient Pokemon like Claydol and Bronzor. Fossils have a limited form of this technology applied to them in order to revive them. The only Pokemon that aren't explicitly man-made are Unown (created by Arceus as an expression of it's limited reality-warping powers) and Deoxys and the Ultra Beasts (who appear to be based on similar technology, just created by extraterrestrials).

> is Meowth the only pokemon that can speak?
Likely yes. Almost all Pokemon understand humans, and some can telepathically communicate with them, but very few are able to talk beyond basic mimicky. They are either complete unable to talk or it is too hard of a skill to learn.

> what's it really like inside a Pokeball?
Like being asleep. Matter is able to be readily transferred into energy in the Pokemon universe. While your body is broken down into energy, there's no mind physically present to be conscious.

> did Ash and Red's dad both die in the ancient unspoken Pokemon war?
No idea. The war Lt. Surge fought in was the last one before humans discovered the matter>energy>matter technology. Because resources are able to be sent anywhere they need to be, wars fought over resources are likely never to occur again.

> are all the Pokemon regions on the same world?
Yes. The Mystery Dungeon games take place in their own universe that I haven't thought much about.
>>
Was it ever stated that the Kalos war was fought against other regions or was it a civil war like the Unova war?
>>
>>32588475
Aura trio needs more love and currently Zygarde's lore is all over the place. the Perfect form got all this symbolism with all the colors on its chest and yet it's just an in-battle gimmick... and its story potential was gimped in Sun & Moon wtf game freak.
>>
What legendary Pokemon are not just the only member of their species, but part of a larger population?
>>
File: All_Unique_Pokemon.png (1MB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
All_Unique_Pokemon.png
1MB, 1000x1200px
Criticize this diagram please
>>
>>32600772

Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Lele, and Tapu Fini are unique.

The rest are just very rare. There were more than one Mewtwo\Silvally\Genesect made, and more than one Ho-Oh resurrected their own trios of legendary beasts from common Pokémon. More than one Carbink can suddenly mutate into Diancie.
>>
>>32598861
segregation of gameplay and story
>>
>>32583914
Oh my god. That image just brought back memories of when I read that manga in elementary.
>>
File: 240px-Tesseract[1].gif (791KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
240px-Tesseract[1].gif
791KB, 240x240px
>>32601808
I want Rayquayquay to be unique, but unless it got painted black... There are at least two, if the shiny one and normal one are different.
>>
>>32600002
Wonder how the next installment will handle things if we get one for gen 7 at all, besides it's wasteful to just leave Zygarde, Necrozma, the UBs, Solgaleo & Lunala to not be properly utilized. GF can't just drop the ball again like they did with Xerneas, Yveltal & Zygarde. Poor Zygarde, it barely is in sun/moon and didn't amount to much except for being a glorified concept that got butchered badly by in-game representation...
>>
>>32603156
Black Fug is from another dimension.
>>
>>32605396
Fug :D:DD
>>
File: 79f.jpg (352KB, 1914x1906px) Image search: [Google]
79f.jpg
352KB, 1914x1906px
>>32605417
>>
>>32584622
The grass type thing is just a translation fuckup, its literal translation for german is "plant type" for example. There is no bigger meaning behind it. Sometimes you just have to realize that Pokémon is just a video game and people working on it make errors / keep forgetting to tie up loose ends etc.
>>
>>32574177
I mean to be honest, the Azoth theory had some pretty solid points. The biggest flaw was that it was too big to be realistic, Ganefreak would never put that much effort into anything. I think the Azoth discussion was mostly wishful discussion of what people WANTED, and not so much what they actually believed would happen.
>>
Boy have I missed these threads. Fuck me for having plans from now until monday, but I can at least post a little about my headcanons or some short shit like that.

While I fail to see Lugia and Ho-Oh having any kind of relation to each other at all (other than both being birds and "coincidentally" both being seen as gods in Johto), I can see them having connections to other Legendaries. Lugia for the most part. I have always believed Lugia to be an important part of the Earth's ecosystem, as my headcanon is that it is the Legendary that controls the flow of the Gulf Stream. Due to this I've always tied it closly to Kyogre. Ho-Oh has the power to resurrect the dead (even though that ability has barely been touched in the games ever), which sorta brings it close to Xerneas and Yveltal. And if the theory about the Aura Trio and Cosmic Trio being one big sextet, it suddenly makes sense that it is currently being paired with Necrozma in official marketing.
>>
>>32606153
>There's a theory that connects Xerneas, Yveltal, Solgaleo and Lunala together via Zygarde
>There's a theory that Necrozma is connected to Solgaleo and Lunala
>Necrozma is being paired with Ho-Oh in official marketing
>Ho-Oh's abilities are connected to Xerneas' and Yveltal's
>Ho-Oh and Lugia are inherently connected in the games
>Lugia is tied to the ocean
>Kyogre is tied to the ocean
>Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza were indirectly connected to Xerneas and Yveltal via ORAS' backstory
Are Gamefreak finally connecting all of the Legendaries together in one big, cohesive lore?? If the coming DPPt remakes connects the Creation septet to Solgaleo and Lunala or the Ultra Beasts (as would fit extremely well theme-wise and timing-wise), that means all of the main Legendaries from 5 (FIVE!) generations are connected to each other! Either directly or indirectly. That would be truly incredible if they actually pulled that off.
>>
>>32606171
Add te theory that the Original Dragon was once part of the Creation Trio (symbolising energy / plasma) and there you have it, all main legendaries from Gen 2-7 connected together in one big, very strawgraspy lore.

I'm actually very curious as to what they'll do with the Original Dragon in the future Gen 5 remakes.
>>
>>32606171
DEEPEST LORE aaaaaaaahhhhh

But seriously though, Zygarde along with its counterparts are in need of more lore or at least fleshing them out properly, they are really underdeveloped compared to the weather trio etc imo

And mechanically speaking, Zygarde is a mess. The Complete form should keep Aura Break or something similar to its counterparts' abilities that boosts its own moves and still soft counters Xerneas/Yveltal not this zen mode ability it has now
>>
>>32606180
It'd be amazing to see the Original Dragon in BW remakes if we ever get them. I wonder if they ever will get remade tho, since the whole sequel thing might complicate things...
>>
>>32606251
They'd just either remake BW in one gen and then BW2 in the next, or remake them within the same gen right after each other or with a third-version of that gen's new region in-between.
>>
>>32574177
Azoth in the games was just the name of Aqua/Magma's primal project, wasn't it? It didn't seem to actually have anything to do with alchemy.
>>
>>32606153
Why are the Aura trio and the Cosmic trio considered close? I can get Ho-Oh and Lugia's connection to the Weather trio, but those two seem to be unrelated in themes or lore. Even with Zygarde being in Alola, it has jack to do with those legends (for now, anyway.)
>>
>>32606366
The theory is based on Zygarde's 5 Cores, having the colours of X, Y, Sun and Moon (and a white one). Plus Solgaleo's colour scheme is the direct opposite of Xerneas', they are both quadrupedal and they both symbolize life/light. Likewise, Lunala's colour scheme is the exact opposite of Yveltal's, they are both avial and they both represent death/darkness (night).

It's an indirect connection based on their designs and symbolisms, as well as their """connection""" to Zygarde.
>>
>>32606308
Solgaleo is based on "The Lion That Devours the Sun", which is an alchemic symbol for turning impure metal into gold. Alchemy also heavily uses the sun and the moon in its symbolism. Combine that with the fact that the Ultimate Weapon's initial purpose was to create "the elixir of life" as well as >>32606424
, and you have a direct connection between XY, ORAS and SM. That was, until SM actually came out and it had zero to do with alchemy whatsoever other than Solgaleo and Lunala taking inspiration from a small part of it.
>>
>>32606424
I thought Zygarde's colors were representative of a rainbow, which is what tied it to Alola. Those theories about the connections seem really far-fetched, honestly.

>>32606446
This one makes a little more sense with Solgaleo, though Lunala has nothing to do with it and sun/moon symbolism occurs in a lot of places.
>>
>>32606492
Red, orange and two shades of blue does not make a rainbow. I'm more willing to believe it represents the 4 games Zygarde made appearances in, seeing as that's an exact match.
>>
>>32606492
The theories only seem far-fetched now because the games turned out to use these inspirations for absolutely nothing. Before, these things were almost the only information we had, so of course people believed in it.
>>
>>32606535
Huh, must have seen a fan version because I could have sworn there was a green one.

IDK then, I mean Ho-Oh is the rainbow pokemon despite being predominantly red, green white and gold while you can find nearly any color of the spectrum on Zygarde and that can be a connection to Necrozma if there is a prism theme ongoing but otherwise, I got nothing.

>>32606542
The Solgaleo=Xerneas and Lunala=Yveltal theory sounds ridiculous either way, to be honest. Solgaleo being an symbol of alchemy actually sounds like plausible theory even now.
>>
>>32601808
I know Shyny Ho-oh exists, but outside that, nothing really points to Ho-oh and Lugia not being unique
>>
>>32606665
>The Solgaleo=Xerneas and Lunala=Yveltal theory sounds ridiculous either way
You're retarded if you deny the similarities between them aren't there.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.