[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were Alolan Golem and Alolan Exeggutor just rejected mega designs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 076Golem-Alola.png (163KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
076Golem-Alola.png
163KB, 425x425px
Were Alolan Golem and Alolan Exeggutor just rejected mega designs?
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if they were
>>
>>32570137
It would've been better
>>
>>32570137
Alola akbar am I right?
>>
File: vSGaDZX.jpg (180KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
vSGaDZX.jpg
180KB, 800x557px
Alolan Golem maybe

Alolan Exeggutor probably not, maybe an old design that was recycled. Pic related was from 1997
>>
Alolan Golem maybe

Alolan Exeggutor no, to me it feels like what they wanted Exeggutor to be like from the start, but they couldn't pull it off due to the Gameboy's limitations
>>
Imagine how OP alolam egg woulf have been in gen 1

Grass dragon would have vety few counters.
>>
>>32570706
It would basically be a worse Exeggutor in gen 1.
>>
>>32570706
yeah but remember how busted psychic used to be?
>>
>>32570724
>ghastly used lick!

Nah
>>
>>32570706
I can't imagine it would be that good; a lot of things ran Blizzard back then, and a 4x weakness would make that worse. For example, with Gen I's critical hit mechanics, a Tauros has a little under a 20% chance to OHKO a Grass/Dragon Exeggutor with Blizzard, factoring in the 90% accuracy.

Plus, like >>32570724 said, Psychic is a really good type to have in Gen 1.
>>
>>32570750
Anon...
>>
speaking of alolan forms, how would the rest of them fare in gen 1 ou? assuming they keep their dark/steel/fairy typings.

persian would likely trash psychics if night slash existed, otherwise it'd probably be too weak and frail to accomplish much
>>
>>32570137
>wasting a mega slot just to explode golem

it's better as a alola form
>>
>>32570750

Psychic was immune to Ghost in Gen I. It's only weakness was Bug, and due to the shit distribution of the three offensive bug type moves, only 5 fully evolved pokemon can hit Psychics for super effective damage, three of which are weak to Psychic and slower than any Psychic type worth using.
>>
>>32571078
this

I remember reading that jolteon was the best bug-type in gen 1 because the only other mon with usable bug moves, beedrill, was weak to psychic and therefore sucked as a psychic counter. always found that kind of funny.
>>
>>32570920
>the M-Glalie isn't an alolan forme
>>
>>32570574
>>32570592
Like they said, Exeggutor was intended to be taller before they even came up with the idea of megas.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.