[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the point of bringing Anabel from another world for SM?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: a.png (27KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
27KB, 400x240px
Whats the point of bringing Anabel from another world for SM?

>we cant visit her world
>we cant help her get back
>her story and her being here doesnt influence our story or have any meaning whatsoever
>her being here doesnt change anything for the UB plot
>the entire UB post game story would be pretty much the same if done by just Looker, Nanu and maybe some random Alolans
>also her being in this world means there are two Anabel's, the other one in ORAS' frontier (which is most likely completed by now)

Why even bother doing something like that if we cant do anything with it, about it and it doesnt mean anything for the story at all? Its just like a "trivia" moment. The whole "faller" thingy could be explained with our MC because they say we're faller aswell so what was the point of Anabel from another world? Besides it seems like they've completely ignored Looker's accident and amnesia from ORAS but instead told us something exactly the same happened to Anabel. What the fuck?
>>
To throw us who want a Battle Frontier a bone.
>>
>>32561928
>>32561939
They could've used the Anabel native to the Mega Universe instead of wasting the whole "multiverse theory" on something so redundant. The fact that this is Emerald Anabel doesn't change literally anything, so why not use ORAS Anabel instead?
>>
File: 1479782365386.jpg (417KB, 996x1815px) Image search: [Google]
1479782365386.jpg
417KB, 996x1815px
>>32561951
What if there is no ORAS Anabel?
>>
>>32561973
Literally the only difference between the Old Universe and the New Universe is that Megas and Z-Moves exists in the new one and not in the old one. Everything else is 100% exactly the same. Both universes have their own Scott, Brandon and Lucy, so it only stands to reason that they both have their own Anabel as well.
>>
>>32561928
>>32561951
This is assuming Anabel even has a counterpart in the mega universe, Anon. For all we know Anabel might not have existed there and someone else would become the Tower Tycoon of Hoenn. I know most major players in the story have their direct counterparts, but there were also people in the Mega Universe that weren't present in the original, so who's to say?
In the end it was just an excuse plot to give her a reason to show up for a little fan-service. Don't think too hard about it.
>>
>>32561973
There are ORAS Brandon, Lucy and Scott. Its obvious there is Anabel aswell.

>>32561951
Exactly. Its like just some fanfiction out of ass with no point at all.
>>
>>32561987
>This is assuming Anabel even has a counterpart in the mega universe, Anon.
Literally every other character ever has, so why the fuck would Anabel not? Even Scott, Lucy and Brandon has.
>>
>>32561987
>In the end it was just an excuse plot to give her a reason to show up for a little fan-service. Don't think too hard about it.

But it is WAY more than a fanservice. Now its a big part of the multiverse lore, probably the biggest because there are no other examples and yet it doesnt mean shit.
>>
>>32561992
Wait, hold up. Where are Mega Universe Scott, Lucy, and Brandon? I don't remember ever seeing them mentioned anywhere, but I may be wrong. Proofs, please?
>>
>>32561997
In ORAS, Scott, Lucy in the Battle Maison and Brandon in the Buzznav
>>
>>32561997
>>32562004
Brandon was also mentioned in the Volcanion event.
>>
>>32561994
Gamefreak is retarded. They don't give a shit about lore or timelines anymore.
>>
>>32561997
An NPC in the Hoenn Battle Maison mentions that Scott has scouted Lucy to become the Pike Queen of the Battle Frontier (the reason why people who say ORAS Hoenn canonically wouldn't get the Battle Frontier and only the Battle Tower are retarded).

An NPC in Lumiose City mentions that Pyramid King Brandon has been hunting Volcanion for years. I think Brandon was also mentioned on the BuzzNav in ORAS.
>>
Well, I tried to do some digging to find the exact quotes from these instances, but couldn't really find anything. I'll give it to you this time, but I still say it's just an excuse plot and you shouldn't lose sleep over it, anons.
>>
>>32562031
Who are you referring to?
>>
>>32562031
>Well, I tried to do some digging to find the exact quotes from these instances, but couldn't really find anything
Which quotes
>>
Ohmori wants to push his dumb multiverse shit in his poor attempt to recreate old playground speculation but he's not actually a writer so he has no idea how to implement it let alone without pissing off a lot of genwunners and people who liked how the setting was depicted more in earlier games.
>>
wakarimasen lol
>>
>>32562291
The multiverse idea is pretty good actually, it's the perfect direction for Pokémon.
>>
Probably they made models of all frontiers for ORAS (Battle Frontier was probably planned) and GameFreak used it now as a leftover.
>>
>>32563158
>ORAS models
>SM overworld
Uuh.
>>
>>32562291
>he has no idea how to implement it let alone without pissing off a lot of genwunners

oh no what a nightmare
>>
File: Fuck_you__from_GF_0.png (515KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck_you__from_GF_0.png
515KB, 640x451px
>>
>>
how does this le fit in le canon guys i can't enjoy fanservice!!!!!
>>
>>32563189
Battle models not overworld models like GameFreak used Wallys model from ORAS in SM.
>>
>>32562008
What?
>>
>>32561928
>Naegi-kun...
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.