[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes a Pokemon game comfy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Johto.jpg (146KB, 900x651px) Image search: [Google]
Johto.jpg
146KB, 900x651px
What makes a Pokemon game comfy?
>>
>>32561111
Music
Literally. Just compare the Sinnoh and PMD games to any other ones and the only thing worthy of notice is music
>>
>>32561122
Nah, atmosphere plays an important role too. HGSS for instance has top tier sound design, which pays attention to the little things like the crashing of waves and how steps sound. Additionally, the story is less epic in the original meaning of the word. Battling gods and saving the world from devastation is the opposite of comfy but chilling with your super long ancient god of another dimension is.
>>
File: absolute failure.jpg (400KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
absolute failure.jpg
400KB, 1280x720px
Being hand-holded every route, having just your generic poketower as post-game, making the main-game easy for 4 years old with mental retardation and locate a desert in a stupid place.
>>
>>32561111
Music
Region
Nostalgia
>>
>>32561111
good cities
the right difficulty
>>
>>32561111
How much you like it. Comfy is a buzzword for when you can't be assed to give actual reasons for why you like a region. The actual answer is that you enjoy the game's aesthetic, such as area design and music.
>>
Atmosphere
>>
>>32561111
kanto
>>
>>32561111
memes
>>
File: 1481139377274.jpg (232KB, 834x782px) Image search: [Google]
1481139377274.jpg
232KB, 834x782px
>>32561111
it's pretty subjective.

>>32561976
>The actual answer is that you enjoy the game's aesthetic
I mean, this right here isn't even surefire.

I love Art-Deco aesthetic but I wouldn't call it 'comfy'. I generally don't associate modern-design styles with 'comfy'.

For me, 'Comfy' is found in naturalistic designs and older, more traditional construction methods.

Log cabins, hobbit homes, wood and stone cottages. Those are my 'comfy' for me, combined with cooler climates like New England coastal and rural settings.

So, johto and Hoenn are fairly comfy regions to me because of their relatively sparse urbanization, and in johto's case the many old and traditional structures.

of course, for me, Gen II was Pokemon's Morrowind which showed me just what gamefreak could do.
>>
>being free to do whatever you want, like focusing more on battles and training your pokémon or on collecting them, exploring new areas or doing any of the side quests like the contests at your own pace
>more focus on the settings of the games than the plot
>the music and the aesthetic, the 2d games mostly look cute, Red and Blue aside with some of the sprites being really off-model
>the games don't take themselves too seriously and can be really funny
I barely played Sun and it's a bit annoying how long the tutorial is and how there are a lot of cutscenes but it looks like it's going to be a fun game once I get into it enough.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.