[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the meta in gen 4 like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

What was the meta in gen 4 like?
>>
an outrage
>>
Outrageous
>>
less condensed
OU was about 35-ish mons but it was very easy to use UU or BL mons successfully

the lack of team preview encouraged more gimmick teams and thus people had to diversify their squads more of it rather than the stricter metas seen in gen 5 onwards
>>
Dragons and Jirachi.
>>
>>32557558
very stall centric towards the end with restbell dominating higher tier play
>>
it went downhill when they unbanned latias
>>
>>32557622
I didnt know latias was uber at some point.
I knew garchomp was.
>>
Outrageous Dragons ft. Heatran and various Steel friends. Also sneaky pebbles.
>>
To think there was a meta BEFORE Landorus.
>>
File: tumblr_ml0rwuSsGo1qiuhhoo1_500.gif (476KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ml0rwuSsGo1qiuhhoo1_500.gif
476KB, 500x309px
>>32557803
>tfw genies will never get removed
>>
File: 2055.jpg (313KB, 450x672px) Image search: [Google]
2055.jpg
313KB, 450x672px
Sneegy Bebbles and the Outrageous Pseudos, with special guests Heatran and the Steelfags.
>>
>>32557843
Literally the only Genie that's relevant is Landorus-T. Not even regular Landorus.
>>
>>32557861
Regular got banned to Ubers and Prankster nerf hurt Thunderous
>>
>>32557558
Other than garchomp pretty good
>>
>>32557573
not really
gravity was a thing briefly when platinum was new but leads were generally limited to Aerodactyl, Mew, Azelf and Machamp

>>32557622
didn't latias end the gen as an uber?
>>
>>32557558

was at it's best when garchomp was banished and before plat hit and fucked up the meta with it's toxic metagame ruining tutors.
>>
Dynamic Punch anti-lead
which resulted to Intimidate Gyarados
which led to Electivire
etc
>>
>>32557635
It was banned because of Soul Dew.
>>
File: htbdragons.png (50KB, 596x169px) Image search: [Google]
htbdragons.png
50KB, 596x169px
>>
>>32557558
The best meta, tho it leaned more towards offense.
>>
>>32559954
Wrong. SoulDew was banned seperately. Latias was able to run rampart in OU without it, at least for a while.
>>
>>32557558
You can still play in gen 4 today.
>>
Suicide leads
>>
>Opponent had a garchomp/salamence last

Surprise motherfucker
>>
>>32557558
Gen 4 post garchomp was the healthiest Meta there was
>>
>>32557558
It actually had Deo-S in OU at one point. I seriously don't know what the hell they were smoking, but it happened
>>
File: 087.png (360KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
087.png
360KB, 600x450px
>>32557558
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.