[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nuz/ - nuzgen - And Everyone Died Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 286
Thread images: 85

>Nuzlocke Info

>Romhacks
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/46f42aozbdoba7i/AADUmKHucw-_Yv9w-53u4utoa?dl=0

>Difficult Rankings

>Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472

>Images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm

>Nuzlocke Ruleset Generator
http://emmaramirez.github.io/nuzlocke-generator/

>Nuzlog
https://techyfatih.github.io/Nuzlog/

>Pokebank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4kvh94c7zdb5kcj

ToTT: Have you ever had your entire team wipe? How did you recover?
>>
Whoops, here are the update difficulty rankings

https://pastebin.com/DWJes5sH
>>
boomp
>>
>>32554649

I've had a few wipes. I class them as failures. Some people like to grind up their box replacements and claw back a victory, but for me, I kind of feel like that gives me no failure condition.

As for my run in White 2, I've just finished getting everyone to level 48 for Drayden's Gym.

>Torvus the Samurott
>Amor the Swoobat
>Lillian the Lilligant
>Queen Lizz the Scrafty
>ChaosAngel the Volcarona
>The Count the Gligar

Got an Impish Gligar, which is awesome. It has Sand Veil rather than Hyper Cutter, but that makes little difference. It's really a shame the Razor Claw isn't obtainable until you get Watefall (because fuck doing the PWT or Subway) so hopefully the Eviolite will have to do.

Swoobat is finding less and less things to do, but honestly, while I have a few really good back ups now, I don't really have anything that would fit the team or be less redundant. I mean I have an Elgyem, but I don't see it being all that effective. I've also got a Jolly Altaria, but Dragon Claw and Earthquake are postgame so I'd be relying on shit like Aerial Ace/Fly/Bulldoze and I don't feel like doing that.

Drayden could be interesting - Gligar might do some work, Samurott has the ever unreliable Blizzard, and Scrafty will probably be most useful. We shall see later.
>>
File: TEMPLATE.png (118KB, 944x495px) Image search: [Google]
TEMPLATE.png
118KB, 944x495px
Started a Randomized Nuzlocke Run this week, starting with Yellow then going into Crystal.

>Oak caughts a Caterpie on Route 1
>Rival wants the Pokémon in lab
>I receive the Caterpie and call it Marge
>Rival challenges me to battle
>He sends out a Bulbasaur
>Marge dies
>Buy Pokéballs
>Route 1, catch Pitt the Pidgey
>Route 22, catch Paulie the Poliwag
>Route 2, catch Zoey the Zubat
>Decide to grind before battling Rival
>Route 1 is full of Jigglypuffs (too long to kill since Sing spamming)
>Route 22 is full of Venonat (too long to kill since Disable spamming)
>Route 2 is full of Ekans (too long to kill since Wrap spamming)
>Still hang on grinding but lose Pitt to a Wrap
>Battle rival, he has already lost Bulbasaur
>He also has a Zubat and a Horsea
>Win
>Viridian Forest, catch Wendel the Weedle
>Arrive at Pewter City
>Time to grind again before Brock
>>
I just did last night. Was running a 3 player Nuz with two friends on Pokemon Revolution Online and got fucked up by Brock's team since I started with Charmander. Sucks, and if I want to keep playing I'll have to make a new account and try to catch up.
>>
>>32555763

I need to stop posting in these threads. Every time I do, there's a death. Queen Lizz got trolled against Drayden's Druddigon with Ice Punch - first hit did half, second left it with the tiniest slither of HP. I doubt I would have survived Revenge with the HP I had left, but it crit anyway. Then I just sent out Lillian, Quiver Danced while he healed, and murdered everything. Now training Slicer the Pawniard. Sassy and Inner Focus isn't great, but I do want a Steel type actually.
>>
>tfw like the challenge but 9/10 times play with turbo and then dont pay attention, lose a teammate and shrug it off as a ''doesn't count''
>>
>>32556078
Update: grinded to lv 10 but got wiped by JR. TRAINER's. Paulie the Poliwag fought well against his Paras, but his Psyduck resisted his Bubbles and won. Zoey the Zubat succumbed fast but Wendel the Kakuna fought valiantly, even poisoning Psyduck but couldn't win.

Guess I really was ten thousand light-years from facing Brock...
>QUESTION
I used B/W EXP Patch to try and avoid getting overleveled, but that made me suffer too much grinding. Do you think it doesn't work well with GEN 1 games?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170518-132032.png (76KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170518-132032.png
76KB, 720x1280px
>>32556845
AND THE RANDOMIZER MOCKS MY FAILURE WHEN I TRY TO START ANEW
>>
Think I'll finally try see what the fuss is about with Platinum, coincidentally my favorite.

Hypno was basically MVP, once Calm Mind came around he could set-up without the need for coddling. Nidoqueen carried early-game especially around the powerspike in trainers around Vermillion. Starmie was gotten late for a cornerstone water-type but held it's own right until rival's exeggutor knocked it out.
>>
File: HoF LG.png (27KB, 718x471px) Image search: [Google]
HoF LG.png
27KB, 718x471px
>>32557432
>>
Nuzlockes should be punishable by death, stop being faggots.
>>
File: SS Nuz hit.png (536KB, 642x482px) Image search: [Google]
SS Nuz hit.png
536KB, 642x482px
Chuck had NOTHING against Audio, but I encountered some MAJOR bullshit against Jasmine. Went in Grumbles killed her first Magnemite easily, But had low rolls with Magnitudes against her Steelix. She Dropped down to 1 HP, and Steelix was low too. I healed he to full, expecting her to take two more (like she had been) to get in that lat Mag. NOPE FUCKING CRIT and she went from full to 0. It was a nightmare after that. If only I hadn't lost My Quagsire...

Kubrick handled her last Magnemite after it nearly killed my starter, killed Barbara, and even confusion didn't stop it from killing Audio. I don't even know what to rebuild my team with. I had been doing so well, this was a HUGE hit to my team that I've been working with for so long.
>>
>>32558258

That's tough. What options do you have left?
>>
>>32559309
Quite a lot, actually. Since I'd only lost one pokemon before, I have multiple options in the PC. I'd just have to grind a lot, and adjust to having only half of my main team. I'm thinking of Taking out a Machop, Ekans, and maybe trying to find another Water-type.
>>
>>32559338

If you need another water-type, you could try for the Red Gyarados if you haven't already. Machop is a pretty solid pick. Best of luck.
>>
File: 20170519_091054.png (738KB, 1440x1078px) Image search: [Google]
20170519_091054.png
738KB, 1440x1078px
O shit
>>
>>32559367
Thanks. I think there's a spot I can still fish too.
>>32559404
Nice!
>>
File: vwn01.png (4KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
vwn01.png
4KB, 256x384px
In case anyone's wondering about my platinum nuzlocke Skuntank crit Shellos and I ragequit.

Oh well, moving onto VoltWhite now for some absurd reason. Anyone wanna pick my starter?
>>
>A lot of Psychic-type Pokemon can learn Drain Punch, but only a few Fighting Types can in Gen 4

But why.
>>
>>32559468
Snivy
>>
File: vwn03.png (10KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
vwn03.png
10KB, 256x384px
>>32559522
Snivy it is.

Youngster Joey almost pushed my shit in and I thought it was over when Pidgey's Quick Attack didn't kill but luckily Snivy pulled a sick dodge thanks hustle and managed to KO him in return. I should really start grinding.
>>
how do I go about editing a save to alter trade-evos on an emulator? Desume specifically, I heard something about a randomizer?
>>
File: nuzplat2.png (667KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
nuzplat2.png
667KB, 1552x1015px
Just beat Maylene.

Haven't yet decided on what to evolve Eevee into, but it won't be Flareon, Vaporeon or Leafeon.

Also, it's level 32 and Togetic still hasn't learned an attacking move apart from Metronome.
>>
>>32559823

Just one more level and it learns Ancient Power. Though, that's not all that helpful. It can at least learn Air Cutter via the move tutor just outside of Pastoria City.
>>
>>32556937
Damn randomizer is talkin' that good shit
>>
How do I buy a used Platinum cartridge when I'm out living in a semi truck traveling across America the Beautiful non-stop?
Do GameStops still carry ds games?
How far out the ass would they charge?
>>
>>32559929
they do
probably like 20-40 since its pokemon
>>
Have we ever done a Skype or Discord co-op vs /vp/ play-together stuff? Or are we too autistic to do that?
>>
>drifloon wont show up despite it being friday

is this because of desume or
>>
>>32560119
Change the clock to like 11:50 pm before battling Mars thursday
Leave the area before 12 am.
Return and collect your qt balloon.
>>
>>32560133

knew there was a trick to it, cheers anon, lets see how he fares
>>
File: vwn04.png (8KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
vwn04.png
8KB, 256x384px
this is beautiful
>>
File: vwn05.png (8KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
vwn05.png
8KB, 256x384px
>>32560206
bold nature too
i already have a water type but i definitely don't mind having both

got myself a pretty nice team. no real weaknesses besides maybe bug and freeze dry.
>>
File: vwn06.png (16KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
vwn06.png
16KB, 256x384px
We beat Lenora, who destroyed me on my first VW nuzlocke IIRC.

Double Intimidate vs. Contrary really helped Servine pretty much 2HKO her entire team. I was really worried about a potential Sap Sipper Bouffalant but luckily Servine leveled up and learned Zen Headbutt at the perfect time and lived a Helping-Hand boosted 140 BP Retaliate which is just insane to me. There was a tough 50/50 where Bouffalant could've KO'd Geodude (Revenge) or Servine (Aerial Ace) and I decided Servine was more important and healed it up. Luckily I called that one right and narrowly beat her without any casualties.

Hoping for a good catch in (inner) Pinwheel Forest. Might do a team template update at some point.
>>
Found a wild Beldum in Moon and it managed to struggle itself to death while paralized before getting into a fucking pokeball. Fuck this cunt of a pokemon.
>>
>>32554662
How far up do XY, ORAS and SM go without the Exp Share?
>>
My nuzlocke came to a screeching halt after getting to Kanto in SS. Elite 4 killed half my team and I'm just dreading the almost non stop grind between now and Red.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make the gym leaders have level 40+ pokemon but have the wild pokemon suck dick?
>>
>>32561833

XY is more challenging for sure. Not brutal, but you'll notice the coverage moves on trainers more. ORAS is still piss easy without it. I imagine Sun and Moon are horrible. There's basically nowhere to grind, and you need to. I don't have an issue with using it sparingly in Sun and Moon. Though the level spikes towards the lategame are so high you basically need it unless you want to grind on wilds forever.
>>
File: TEMPLATE.png (110KB, 944x473px) Image search: [Google]
TEMPLATE.png
110KB, 944x473px
>>32556937
After mocking me with Psyduck, the game has proved to be much easier than last time.

Lisa the Metapod (yes, I got the same starter again) is stronger than her mother, Marge the Caterpie, and proved that by winning easily the fight against Rival's Bellsprout.

We're now grinding to 8 to battle Rival again and then will go through Viridian Forest into Pewter.
>>
>>32559956
I have website with a chatango chat group and a bunch of our streams:
jollynuzcrew.com

there is also a discord but it hasn't been used in months.

I wish I could embed discord on the stream site instead of chatango but last I checked Discord lacks this feature.
>>
how badly does losing a starly/staravia fuck up a platinum run? fucker feels integral to success as you build a team honestly.
>>
>>32560133
also running platinum. I beat mars long ago. It's Friday. i.e. can I still collect qt balloon
>>
>>32563942
Qt balloon always shows up once per Friday.
Changing the clock directly to Friday doesn't make it appear iirc.
Doesn't have to be right after beating Mars, but it won't appear until you do.
Beating Mars on Friday won't make it appear that day either.
>>
>>32563942
Me. I've made it to Snowpoint and am currently battling it out in the Gym. I caught a Swinub, Sneasel, and Snover on the way up. Still don't know who to use, but I'm leaning more towards Swinub, then Sneasel, then Snover, as Snow Warning might hurt more than help. Also don't know where to find Razor Claw. So the team is:
>The Hots the Infernape Lv.43
>Nailer the Seaking Lv.44
>Teeteer the Graveler Lv. 39
>CyberTron the Porygon, Lv.34
>Tusky the Swinub, Lv. 32
>DC Dingle the Chimecho, Lv.41

So Chimecho hasn't really been pulling it's weight and I'd like to box it.
>>
>>32564016
I didn't change the clock. So if I go after I'm done in Snowpoint today will I find a Drifloon?
>>
>>32564158
Yes, Friday in general should be safe if you didn't beat Mars for the first time today.
Get your QT Balloon!
>>
>>32564217
I actually desperately need a flying and ghost type, as I already lost Staravia, Tropius, Crobat, Duskull, Gastly, and Rotom.
>>
>>32556454

So, the run has ended. I beat the Elite Four and Iris without losing any of my six.

>Torvus the Samurott
>Amor the Swoobat
>Lillian the Lilligant
>ChaosAngel the Volcarona
>The Count the Gliscor
>Slicer the Bisharp

Lots of Swords Dance and Quiver Dance sweeps in the late game, and lots of gem abuse. Such as doing a damage calc and figuring Volcarona's Signal Beam would OHKO Iris's Hydreigon with the Bug Gem. Worked out really well.

Swoobat did nothing, but had Unaware so if Iris's Haxorus killed my Gliscor, which it nearly did, it could at least be not outsped in order to revenge. Awesome team overall, but Gliscor really held it together. Ground/Flying is ridiculously good.

>>32563715
Depends on your back up.

>>32564050
For god sake man grind. If Infernape goes down, you're fucked.
>>
reposting my nuzlocke regional project

>kanto
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNktw556oTYBGpCfVEjBBZI1J
>johto
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkvVA9BKhGfHCMLpVADsjJR5
>sinnoh
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkvL-8k6GWrfgd76WKmT3nKL
>unova
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkukMmYHBT7r_ERWhIehCfKa
>unova 2
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkuDfo9M-k1xehHZNMxgV8bF
>kalos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNksDm2rEb8NIw_B8oSK22XLQ
>hoenn
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkvj7hsoiMEREZVz_O9qbt38
>alola
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkudyAJjqe_tChQfaCV1w1wP

if you are interested in doing these, you only need pkhex to underlevel your mons to lvl 1, and a hacked 3ds for the gen 6 and 7 games

if you want to record like i did, you will need visualboyavance emulator, desmume and citra
recording in citra is a fucking pain tho, especially on xy
>>
>>32561833
>XY
The beginning is the toughest part, but you can avoid most of the "wipe prone" battles as most of them are optional. After that, it's fairly easy . The level curve is stupidly unbalanced as the game makes a beeline for the end after Korrina, so you have to set aside time to grind, even with the lucky egg.

>ORAS
probably easier than RS due to the much better movepools, TM usage, and manual ev training at your disposal. You also have the mirage islands for potential catches after you slap up the box legend. Level curve is just like RSE's so you won't be too underleveled if you fight all the trainers.

>SM
Can be tough if you go in unprepared (or plain stink at japanese bugfighting simulators) due to some early and mid game surprises but the totems can be a nuisance or trivial depending on your catches and how long you can keep them alive and have an overall balanced team comp. The level curve is pretty balanced until the 4th island, in which Gamefreak said, "eh fuck it" in terms of nearly everything.
>>
How do I nullify trade evolutions in an existing platinum save?
>>
>>32564229
Are typings that important?
I just go with the Pokemon I like and get first.
Replacing something that isn't dead feels mean.

I had a beautiful run on Platinum where I not only got QT Balloon, but QT Hand Monkey as well.

Then it crashed on me because I think my used cartridge was a fake all along.

Getting a god dang Aipom is already so tedious and luck based, I wanna cry.
>>
>tfw have to wait for pastoria to relearn leech seed on roselia

welp
>>
>cant get a cranidos because my ID number is even

how the fuck was I supposed to know that was a thing
>>
File: sun nuzlocke.jpg (332KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
sun nuzlocke.jpg
332KB, 1552x1015px
And here I was thinking I would get thru the game without deaths. Thanks a lot you goddamn lizards.

I was really digging my Diglett, but I couldn't resist switching it for a Cubone.
>>
>>32564393
you managed to get Citra to work at all on XY?

share settings pls
>>
>>32565650
i juat managed it to work on most gym battles, playing it is impossible
basically, i had to make sure none of my pokemon leveled up, or else the game freezes, so i had to go on bulbapedia and calc the exp beforehand, so i wouldnt level up somebody, that is why viola, ramos and the e4 had to be recorded in shittier quality, because no matter what i did, my mons would level up and freeze the game
the game also freezes when you get a badge

oras and sm however were pretty stable
>>
Gonna run OR for a run. Taking a hiatus from my randomized FR due to lost of time.

1-3: Treeko
4-6: Mudkip
7-9: Torchic
0: /vp/ chooses
>>
>>32566251
Nickname him/her Crow
>>
>>32566307
Funnily enough it was a female Treeko.
>>
>>32566385
Nice that's what I had. How's the progress
>>
>>32566435
Just fought the sneak tutorial.
>>
Starting a diamond run
Give us a starter and name nigras
>>
>>32566533
Lion the Turtwig
>>
>cant get murkrow in plat

for what purpose
>>
Has anyone's run ever ended because they just happened to not have anyone that could learn a vital HM to progress?
>>
First time I saw Hau's Raichu I thought that thing was part Fairy and had to sacrifice my new Starmie. But I've really got a problem with mons dying to crits.
>>
File: body ready any time.jpg (5KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
body ready any time.jpg
5KB, 276x183px
2nd to last digit of post decides game,
0-4 white 5-9 black 2
last digit decides starter,
1-3 grass 4-6 fire 7-9 wotter
>>
>>32567383

HM Slaves are generally accepted for this reason.
>>
File: now I need a silent bob.png (126KB, 533x853px) Image search: [Google]
now I need a silent bob.png
126KB, 533x853px
>>32569091
>be me doing first battle
>choose Jay the Snivy
>get crit on second turn, survive with 4 hp but enemy is at half
>instead of finishing me off they just spam tail whip or whatever
>Jay somehow survives his first fight with 4/20 HP
>>
File: Current Roster.png (2MB, 5248x1138px) Image search: [Google]
Current Roster.png
2MB, 5248x1138px
Just had my entire main party wiped right outside the Elite Four in Volt White 2 because I'm fucking terrible. Going against my own morals and using some box Pokemon to try again, just to avenge them.

I'm sorry, Grabbler.
>>
>species clause net me a technician lonely scyther before veilstone

w e w
>>
>>32564836
Truth. I'm using a Seaking which I hadn't expected, as well as a Mamoswine and Bronzong. It's been pretty fun.
>>
>>32569210
>going against my own morals

Is using boxed Pokemon after a party death not part of the rules? You technically still have Pokemon.

Or is it one of those self-applied rules like Species Clause or Dupes?
>>
>>32564328
actually, the team's changed a little, and I'm debating on using Giratina as a crutch.
Thankfully made it out of the Distortion World w/o losses.
>The Hots the Infernape, Lv.47
>Wares the Bronzong, Lv.39
>Oskarou the Jolteon, Lv.45
>Tusky the Mamoswine, Lv.40
>Nailer the Seaking, Lv.46

Notable Boxmons:
>Carcinogen the Crobat, Lv.33
>CyberTron the Porygon, Lv.36
>Bort the Sneasel, Lv.33
>Teeteer the Graveler, Lv.39
>DC Dingle the Chimecho, Lv.41
>Shadox the Giratina, Lv.47
>>
>>32570299
I think it's self applied, I had to do that after I lost 5 in one battle. Continued with the one I had left and 5 boxmons.
>>
We're back and at it again!
Unfortunately this is my only thing that can deal with Burgh and it's got a -Attack nature. Rip.
>>
File: vwn08.png (10KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
vwn08.png
10KB, 256x384px
>>32570417
I've been forgetting images a lot today.
>>
>>32570299
I always thought that when you get completely wiped, your character dies.
>>
How do I 3DS emulator
>>
>>32572058

Desume + 3DS ROM from emuparadise or something similar = play
>>
File: IMG_20170520_180725.jpg (1MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170520_180725.jpg
1MB, 1564x1564px
Completed the Nuzlocke for Sun (set, no healing items). Olivia gave us a little bit of a scare, but otherwise smooth sailing. Almost took shiny Whimsicott (Marigold) all the way, but lost it, Gyarados, and Skarmory to Kukui. Got out of a possible wipe against Incineroar thanks to Double Team Baton Pass Oricorio, then Calm Mind with Raichu. Time for Platinum.
>>
>>32566704
To taunt you.
>>
>trying to level a Silcoon with only harden
Fuck this tedium.
>>
Did everyone wipe at the same time?
>>
>>32567383
Yeah this shit is dumb AF - I'll pull dead Pokémon to avoid this if needed.
>>
>>32574296
>Whismur on 116
Fuck me.
>>
File: Moon's Suave Sun Nuzlocke 4.jpg (489KB, 1552x1212px) Image search: [Google]
Moon's Suave Sun Nuzlocke 4.jpg
489KB, 1552x1212px
>>32565446
>someone else lost their Slowpoke to a meme lizard to
Wow

Anyways, update. Outside of Earl getting splattered thanks to a bad switch-in, South Akala and Aether Paradise were easy. I don't think I'll have any trouble until Totem Mimikyu.
>>
So what are the rules for the Iron Island Riolu? Do I need to repel through the cave to claim it as my "first area catch", or are gift Pokes allowed?
>>
>>32576117
do whatever you want
personally, i dont do giftmons at all other than the starter
>>
>>32576117
I'd say the first.

Crow the Treeko swept Roxanne's gym. Just fighting trainers and grinding a bit now to prepare for the May fight.
>>
>>32576129
Seeing as how it's an Egg I imagine hatching it somewhere I haven't had a catch yet would be okay, right? And a regular Iron Island catch?
>>
Does anyone know if defeating Dialga at Spear Pillar allows you to rebattle and catch it later?
It seems to be the case but I'd like some solid confirmation if I can just go for the kill.
>>
>>32576362
Wouldn't the first battle be your encounter for the area?
>>
>>32576369
It would but I'm just considering if it kills too many team members if I'd be able to run/kill and then grab it postgame when the challenge is over. I don't have many mons that can take a Roar of Time.
>>
Anyone here struggle to abide by the rules mid playthrough?

>Usually goes well
>Maybe lose a mon or two but it's something like a Starly which you've used countless runs before even Nuzlocking
>Catch something that pulls its weight that you've never used before
>It dies
>Find it hard to delete and outright ignore the number 1 rule of a Nuzlocke for the sake of seeing how it continues to perform

I honestly hate this mentality but it's been something I continually work against. It isn't so much me being ''sad'' to proclaim the pokemon dead as it is not getting to use it at it's full potential i.e. evolved or end-game.

t. little bitch
>>
>>32562512
Rival had a Digglett and an Eevee (how fitting). But our team took care of them. Went into Brock's gym and took care of JR. TRAINER's Vulpix and Geodude.

I have officially surpassed my previous attempt. Will grind to level 12 now and take on Brock.

Also, I caught Celeste the Ekans in Viridian Forest. Will update after the gym battle.
>>
File: progress2.png (118KB, 944x473px) Image search: [Google]
progress2.png
118KB, 944x473px
>>32578710
Felt I could do it on level 10.
Brock had a Horsea and a Shellder. Celeste took care of the former spamming Wrap but had to cycle through the team to weaken the latter so Lisa the Butterfree could Confusion it down.

On to Mt. Moon. Will have 4 new mons when I get to Cerulean: routes 3, 4, Mt. Moon and the Magikarp seller - I won't count gift/bought mons as part of the area, since that's why I'm playing Yellow not RB).
>>
>can't get anywhere fun in Granite Cave until getting a bike in ORAS
Why did they think that was a good idea? I want an Aron or Mawile before the 2nd gym.
>>
I'm thinking of doing a FR/LG run and I'm wondering, how do you guys usually handle trade evolution? Is there an easy way to make it use an item to evolve them?
>>
>>32581854
Use the Randomizer and only tick the "Change Impossible Evos" feature, then save the ROM.
>>
>>32581854
>>32581924
this
>>
>>32581854
you can download a vba version that allows you to trade with yourself

look up vba link on googl
>>
>>32581924
>>32581954
>>32581988
Thanks, I'll look into these. So should I go with leaf green or fire red? Coin flip?
>>
>>32581997

I had Red as a kid but liked LG/Blue's exclusives so I usually go with that one. If you're indifferent coin flip is good yeah.

Starmie is only in LG and S tier for Nuzlocking that game though, as well as Slowbro. Nidoran(m) is more common after Pewter City in FR, Nidoran(f) is in LG.

That's about the only consideration iirc
>>
File: bs01.png (10KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
bs01.png
10KB, 256x384px
Is it even possible to win your rival battle if you pick Piplup/Turtwig in BS Intensified?
>>
>>32582406
Yeah, starmie and slowbro are great but I've never used an arcanine in game so that is kind of appealing. I should probably go with LG though.
>>
anyone want to suggest songs/watch me stream a white 2 nuz? if so Ill post the link in a moment
>>
>>32582527
>anyone want to suggest songs
Eurobeat
>>
>>32582541
done after this song i'm listening to
on now at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/youngst3rjo3y
>>
>>32582564
bumping, about to take on the poison leader
>>
Beat Brawly with Mothra the Dustox sweeping his team in 4 moves. I was worried I was a high enough level at 14, but a 4x resistance and Confusion made that a moot fear. Now to pop a repel when I go find Steven so I can try and get an Aron or Mawile later.

I should download the templates at some point.
>>
>>32582676
>moot fear
Who?
>>
File: unova.png (27KB, 737x404px) Image search: [Google]
unova.png
27KB, 737x404px
>>32582564
trying once more starting in 5 minutes, ragequit earlier due to starter dying
>>32569091
using this roll
>>
File: HG1.png (1MB, 1381x706px) Image search: [Google]
HG1.png
1MB, 1381x706px
New nuzlocke: Heart gold edition
Rules:
Normal nuzlocke
No in battle healing (Except berrys and leftovers)
No boxing party members unless dead
No legends

As you can see the no boxing rule has already fucked me over with a team with 4 flying types, so glad the first gym isnt rock type.
Currently training in sprout tower
>>
File: the trees.png (23KB, 83x109px) Image search: [Google]
the trees.png
23KB, 83x109px
>>32583183
Snivy on black 2 it is
moved the link. taking song suggestions still. First person to suggest a name in the chat names it
hxchelmutt on twitch
>>
File: Randomized Emerald Nuzlocke.jpg (268KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Randomized Emerald Nuzlocke.jpg
268KB, 1552x1015px
Started a randomized Emerald run today. It's not going so well as you can see.

(Please excuse my shitty nicknames)
>>
File: 1492554904210.png (567KB, 525x494px) Image search: [Google]
1492554904210.png
567KB, 525x494px
>>32583397
>magnemite named ICP
>>
File: Magnemite.gif (43KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
Magnemite.gif
43KB, 470x470px
>>32583417
>>
>>32583417
>>32583397
My niggers
you should've named it after one of the individual members, but since it gets 3 in its second form it totally works

first response to this post names a female sewaddle for black 2 >>32583287
>>
>>32583186
>Baden Powel
Is he scouting for braviarys anon?
>>
>>32583506
Just being a very lucky crit magnet
>>
>play Plat for the first time in years
>just beat candice in nuzlocke and already want to erase my memory to enjoy it over once more
>>
File: bs03.png (9KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
bs03.png
9KB, 256x384px
post-roark team
didn't want to use manaphy as a crutch but finneon was hot garbage anyways so i'm glad it died
>>
I want to start a nuzlocke. Which game/hack should I do?
>>
>>32584254
start from the beginning
or the remakes of the beginning
>>
File: jontron sweating.gif (4MB, 406x339px) Image search: [Google]
jontron sweating.gif
4MB, 406x339px
>>32584214
>2 pure ground types
>nosepass
>finneon
Well at least you had manaphy
>>
File: bs04.png (11KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
bs04.png
11KB, 256x384px
>>32584305
had being the operative word.
fuck magnitude

quaggy will have to do.
>>
>>32584686
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you don't run into any grass types.
Was it magnitude 10?
>>
File: bs05.png (8KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
bs05.png
8KB, 256x384px
>>32584826
you know it was.
i know eterna gym's gonna be rough (mostly because i'm 99% sure she has a cradily) but i have staravia + ariados for grass types. ariados actualy learns moves (i.e. bug bite) in this game too which is friggin' amazing.
>>
>>32584843
I always liked ariados, hopefully she serves you well.
>>
starting heart gold run
evens choose starter
>>
>>32586623

Brotodile ftw

>randomized platinum
>somewhere before Maylene
>Heracross (starter and best mon) vs trainer's Honchkrow
>Hera faster but Brick Break leaves fedorabirb with 5hp or so
>Honchkrow used Wing Attack!
>hello darkness my old friend
>Heracross loses 93 hp
>out of max 94 he has at this point
>proceeds to sweep this trainer
heartattack.jpg
>>
>>32586623
Cyndashill
>>
>>32586666
thanks, satan
totodile it is
>>
>>32578326
Monotype run-through are pretty nice if you don't like boxing your losses while discovering new pokes.
>>
File: progress3.png (155KB, 944x473px) Image search: [Google]
progress3.png
155KB, 944x473px
>>32579989
Update.
Route 3: Caught Mickey the Pikachu
Mt. Moon entrance: Bought Trevor the Tentacool from the salesman (guess he was out of fish)
Mt. Moon: Caught Angelina the Pidgey (and found a Thunderstone!).
Route 4: After many Rattata and Ekans, finally found and caught Poseidon the Goldeen.

Something worth mentioning, Team Rocket had a Shellder, a Charmander and a Dragonair. That's one hell of a team if they keep it til the end.

Question: What level should I grind to before Route 24 and Misty? I believe the Rival battle is about level 18, am I correct?
>>
Random Platinum Monotype Bug; badge #4 incoming.

>Team:
Buggy (Heracross) - Unburden, Brick Break/Aerial Ace/Horn Attack/Endure - The Starter. The Ace.
Ozzy (Anorith) - Filter, Head Smash/Water Gun/Metal Claw/Detect - Revived at Oreburgh. The second ace. Surprisingly OP even before I found out one of randomed TMs available at Veilstone is Head Smash.
Amanita (Parasect) - Solid Rock, Slash/Leech Life/Poisonpowder/Spore - First catch. Needs a lot of work with moveset but can pull her weight.
Snips (Skorupi) - Tinted Lens, Cross Poison/Bite/Pin Missile/Acupressure - fuck the type change, I'm keeping it. Random TM make getting the legendary sleeptalk set hard tho.
Deja Vu (Yanma) - Heatproof, Quick Attack/Uproar/Detect/Double Team - Newest catch, working fine so far.
All level 28.

>Box:
Only giftmons that don't fit the monotype (Eevee, Porygon, Togepi), kept for HM purposes. Also a random shiny Corsola.

>F:
Bella (Silcoon) lvl. 6-7, dead to Machop crit
Sandy (Burmy) lvl. 4-14, dead because Roark's gym randomed fire type
Joker (Volbeat) lvl. 13-17, dead because careless training
Kiva (Ledyba) lvl. 20-20, dead because Ledyba
Bug Jesus (Masquerain) lvl. 9-24, dead because fuck you Barry
Wooper (Wurmple) lvl. 22-22, sacrificed to a Honchkrow that would kill something anyway.
>>
File: template.png (124KB, 1143x715px) Image search: [Google]
template.png
124KB, 1143x715px
quick n dirty team update. it's pretty much accurate.

i lost to gardenia the last time i played this so i might be desperate enough to evolve staravia. most of my team is useless against her so it's pretty much just staravia + ariados. nosepass might also do stuff once it evolves.
>>
>>32587086

After fire type Roark, Water type Gardenia and Ice type Fantina, this one seems to be rock type. That basically means Regirocks that I need to poison+evasion stall or else they would wipe me everywhere.
And Dry Skin Magcargos are fucking annoying. Fortunately AI that thinks the poison hp loss every turn requires recover gives enough space for Acupressure shenanigans.

Maylene had Lileep, Rhydon and Shuckle. Luckily, enough space for Snips to setup. Cobble badge acquired, no idea what to do now.
>>
>>32569210
You can do this!
>>
>AS Nuzlocke
>got a Marshtomp, Breloom, and Manectric
>still boringly easy
>>
>Wonder guard Beldum
>no fire or ground attacks in team
>trainer had a snow warning mon before
>stalling until it kills itself with hail and take down

wew
>>
File: 20170523_121255.jpg (475KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170523_121255.jpg
475KB, 2896x2896px
started a sea green nuzlocke
starter was staryu btw
>>
File: bs06.png (9KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
bs06.png
9KB, 256x384px
What do you guys think would be the best Eeveelution for this team? Leaning towards Umbreon just to deal with Fantina.

Keep in mind it's Modest nature too.
>>
File: HG2.png (1MB, 1381x706px) Image search: [Google]
HG2.png
1MB, 1381x706px
>>32583186
Pre gym update
Falkner got wrecked by brinhildr.
Spice made quick work of union cave
Belle destroyed proton in two lucky crits
More zubats
Bug gym next, with 4 flying types, this gonna be easy.
>>
>>32587709
>Kofi
Seems like Rock and Normal types are in for some trouble in paradise.
>>
>Pokénav goes of immediately after entering route 110
>Minun
I'll take it and replace Whismur. And it was holding a Cell Battery. That'll be useful for Wattson.
>>
File: HG3.png (1MB, 1381x706px) Image search: [Google]
HG3.png
1MB, 1381x706px
>>32587757
Fucking jinxed myself
Scyther cot 3 crits off in a row destroying my flying types and leaving only 3 of my team alive
got casper and the egg out of the box and going to get my last in the forest.
>>
>>32587748
Alomomola-eon
>>
File: OR run.png (623KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
OR run.png
623KB, 1552x1015px
Updated team
>>
>>32587748
Level up Sandshrew. Umbreon might work, though what about Jolteon, it looks like you don't have much for Water types either.
>>
>>32588533
And Kuna just died. The Saybleye in the Shore Shack hit 5 times with Fury Swipes and got two crits in the 5 hits. Bringing back Alex Jones the Whimsur.
>>
File: bs07.png (11KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
bs07.png
11KB, 256x384px
Beat Fantina with my slightly overleveled team. Teaching Zangoose Thief was such a great idea as she heavily relied on items on stuff like Power Herb Drifblim, Sash Shedinja, and Custap Berry Banette Really dodged a bullet there.

>>32588571
Sandshrew's my HM slave. Jolteon's a solid idea since I'm also kind of weak to Flying. Thanks. Sorry for your loss btw, Sableye's really annoying.

>>32588447
I was considering it but I already have Quagsire. Wish support + Ice Resist are really great but it just feels too redundant.
>>
>>32587362

Got an Illumise on my way to Pastoria, lost an Illumise on my way to Pastoria, because crits, got Dustox on the Great Marsh, made Anorith tear Barry a new one for his Luxio kiiling my Masquerain. His starter (Cloyster) aside, he had three fire types now. All basic stages. Easy.

Next comes the wrestler. A flying type. First fight: tuber with Starly. OHKO'd my Dustox with a critical Aerial ace. Ffs, I'll never get 6 mons in team at this rate. Luckily, this was the only incident on my way to Wake, although I got walled by Mantine pretty hard. Seems like Anorith is going to be mvp, although those head smashes taking over 3/4 of its hp as recoil are slightly unnerving.

Wake fight: Pidgeotto, taken down right away by Anorith, overleveled as fuck Gliscor that I had to poison/eva stall again AND A FUCKING SALAMENCE. I was close to ragequit when I saw it. I'm glad I didn't because it spamming Protect allowed Snips, the only one full HP at this point, to start the Acupressure rape train. Badge #5 acquired.
>>
File: spongebob fuckd ur bitch.jpg (5KB, 146x176px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob fuckd ur bitch.jpg
5KB, 146x176px
>>32583287
streaming again if anyones interested
>>
>>32581954
Can anyone explain to me the point of this single fucking post?
>>
>start nuzloke
>lose all pokemon at first gym
>>
File: yafrh01.png (14KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
yafrh01.png
14KB, 480x320px
So much potential.
>>
File: Poison.jpg (99KB, 1803x380px) Image search: [Google]
Poison.jpg
99KB, 1803x380px
Doing an (almost) monotype poison run of Sun, just cleared Kiawe trial.

Spinarak died like a champ taking Crabrawler Z-move and Tentacool was my recent, stinging death to Salandit fucking dragonrage. I give my mons two lives because I don't have too many options, this team will carry me all the way into the elite 4 if I don't fuck up too much.

Also, I'm keeping Steenee because she's my favorite gen 7 and helps me relax in this challenge run.
>>
>>32587019
Defeated Rival on Nugget bridge. He had two Growlithes, a Spearow and a Rattata.

Will update before Misty.
>>
File: progress4.png (148KB, 944x473px) Image search: [Google]
progress4.png
148KB, 944x473px
>>32590860
Sorry for multiple posting, but...

Went through Nugget Bridge, Route 24 and 25.
A trainer gave me an Arcanine (can't use him since he has no name yet. Caught Samuel the Sandshrew on Route 24 and Duke the Farfetch'd (!!!) on Route 25.

Then, sadly, lost Trevor the Tentacool to a Spearow's Fury Swipes (It hit 5 times, obviously). I was really happy that I was finally using one in a playthrough but those are the rules of the game.

>pic is without some names/levels 'cause I don't have the right font on this machine and don't want to change it.

Will post update tomorrow after Misty and then after Lt. Surge.
>>
God fucking DAMMIT. My Stantler got crit by Claire's last dragonair, so I lost. I should have had her, but that goddamn crit messed everything up. Not sure what version I should try next.
>>
>>32588609
Lost Alex Jones and a Makuhita I caught to try and replace him. Running with a team of 5 right now since Magikarp was caught to handle it for dupes clause.
>>
new member to the team, still on my grind
>>
anyone have an opinion if i should do a nuzlocke of Blaze Black or Blaze Black 2, can't decide
>>
>>32594345

Either way you're going to wipe on the first gym or earlier.
>>
>>32594345
Bb2 is easier because bw1 has fewer catches between gyms and blaze black 1 includes double, triple and rotation gyms and rival fights
>>
>>32595002
>>32595230
blaze black 1 it is, I haven't felt a real thrill in a while after the boring as shit Moon and meh X runs
>>
did randomized starters for a platinum run, everything else kept the same and I'm wondering
would picking Dratini make things to easy or not?
It's stats and Dragonair's aren't particularly high, and dragonite doesn't come until the E4 due to the high level
>>
>>32559823
Espeon would be best for your team.
>>
>>32595303
Dratini has almost nothing for moves other than wrap for quite a long time. I wouldn't recommend it unless you want a big challenge. What were the other choices?
>>
>>32595579
Tropius and Vigoroth
Both of them would honestly make the early levels a bit to easy and I like the idea of going with a 3 stage 'mon
that said I just looked it up and apparently it learns dragon rage at lv 15 which will maybe invalidate a bit to much of the challenge if she manages not to die before that
>>
>>32595604
But there's only 20 of those, unless you want to keep constantly going back to restore the PP.
Also, good luck getting it to 15 with those stats. You'll be relying on Thunder Wave pretty much until it evolves, and even then, you'll probably be making good use of it.
I played a Platinum romhack where one of the starters was a Dratini, and it ends up kinda a slog for quite a while, even though the hack creator was nice enough to also give Dratini Water Pulse from the start. Not to mention you'll know exactly the rate that Slam misses well before it evolves. If you can get it to Dragonair, you'll probably be fine, but at that point, it'll likely be underperforming as compared to your other team members.
Personally, I'd be considering Tropius, since it'll have a bit of an advantage over the first gym, but also take at least neutral damage to most of the attacks there, so it wouldn't be terribly overpowered. But it's up to you. Dragonite can tear the game a new one if you can keep it alive to that point.
>>
streaming Sacred Gold now, no heal in battle challenge

jollynuzcrew.com
>>
>tfw killed my Route 101 encounter (Sealeo)
>>
File: randomized.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
randomized.png
6KB, 240x160px
Progress so far, started today and stopped after beating Roxanne (piss easy, she had Cacturne, Kadabra and Camerupt)

Badges: 1

Current team:

BIRB L10
>met at Rusturf Tunnel (L7)
>Peck, Growl, Quick Attack, Focus Energy

CHEERIO L15
>met at Route 102 (L4)
>Absorb, Pound, Leer, Quick Attack

JAWS L16
>met at Route 116 (L7)
>Water Gun, Scratch, Rage, Leer

BOOBY L16 (Quick Claw)
>met at Petalburg Woods (L5)
>Arm Thrust, Vital Throw, Tackle, Focus Energy)

Deaths: 2

SANDERSON (Clefairy) L7
>met at Route 103 (L4)
The lass from Route 102 had a Registeel with Explosion, so yeah.

JAHN (Charmander) L13
>met at Route 101 (L5)
got critted right in the anus.
>>
>get near grass on 117
>Pokenav goes off for a Volbeat
>it knows Silver Wind
>>
What are your favourite Nuzlocke Comics?
>>
File: progress5.png (162KB, 944x473px) Image search: [Google]
progress5.png
162KB, 944x473px
>>32591149
Nobody really cares, but...

Misty's Golem was pitiful. I thought it was going to Self-Destruct on me but only Defense Curled.

A little girl tried to put her hands on Duke for her Victreebel, but I was able to stop her. Just arrived at Vermillion and will begin the trek through the Cave and around Routes 11 and 12.

Will update when it's time to board the S.S. Anne.
>>
My dudes, which 6th gen game do you recommend for a nuzlocke?
>>
>>32599032
XY
>>
Don't Die on me.
>>
File: randomized.png (7KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
randomized.png
7KB, 240x160px
>>32596380
Update, just beat Brawly.

Badges: 2

Current team:

BOOBY L18 (Choice Band)
>Arm Thrust, Vital Throw, Tackle, Focus Energy

JAWS L17
>met at Route 116 (L7)
>Water Gun, Scratch, Rage, Leer

GAI L13 (Exp. Share)
>met at Route 107 (L10)
>Revenge, Double Kick, Meditate, Rolling Kick

TITANIC L11
>met at Dewford Town (L6)
>Water Gun, Sing, Mist, Growl

NUZLOCKE L11
>met at Granite Cave (L8)
>Pound, Harden, Growth

Deaths: 5
SANDERSON (Clefairy) L7

JAHN (Charmander) L13

BIRB (Taillow) L13
>met at Rusturf Tunnel (L7)
his defenses were so shit he got BTFO'd by a Tackle from May's Hoothoot

METAGOD (Metapod) L9
>met at Petalburg City (L8)
never train your shitmons before exp. share, got arena trapped and died.

CHEERIO (Grovyle) L17
>met at Route 102 (L4)
Brawly had a fucking Deoxys.
>>
>>32598114
the original hard mode.
and this one, can't remember the name, but it's where the guy catches a swinub and trains it up to a piloswine, it's his last hope against claire and then everything goes wrong, was a good read gave me feels
>>
>tfw you cheat and get to e4 then restart because it just feels like the run is tarnished
>>
File: Dishwasher No.gif (802KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
Dishwasher No.gif
802KB, 250x141px
>>32606484
>loved my team dearly
>got so butthurt when they got swept that i reloaded and did some grinding
>tried to justify with "mulligan"
>beat guy that swept me
>never touched since
felt like i only did that for catharsis and nothing else.
>>
any artists taking nuzlocke commissions?
>>
what are the grinding spots in platinum, pre-e4?
>>
>cant teach drimblim rest or calm mind in pt until post-game

lame
>>
File: flawlessplat1.png (35KB, 828x501px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat1.png
35KB, 828x501px
hoping drawing a shitty comic will make me take this nuzlocke more seriously

enjoy
>>
File: E4 Plat.png (183KB, 1450x1321px) Image search: [Google]
E4 Plat.png
183KB, 1450x1321px
So far so good
>>
File: flawlessplat2.png (38KB, 538x501px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat2.png
38KB, 538x501px
cartoons
>>
File: flawlessplat3.png (27KB, 595x501px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat3.png
27KB, 595x501px
/nuz/ can pick starter btw
>>
>>32606128
Brunswick by Ben Saint
>>
>>32607726
Turtwig
>>
>>32607726
Hot monkey Dick
>>
File: flawlessplat4.png (18KB, 525x501px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat4.png
18KB, 525x501px
>>32607941
awesome
>>
File: flawlessplat5.png (24KB, 977x299px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat5.png
24KB, 977x299px
haha no first catch for me
>>
File: flawlessplat6.png (18KB, 478x469px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat6.png
18KB, 478x469px
and a team pic to end the day

team's pretty awful so far ngl but i have faith
>>
>>32609235

Whats that yellow spilled ice cream cone thing named queyzal?
>>
File: flawlessplat7.png (9KB, 321x302px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat7.png
9KB, 321x302px
>>32609240
it's a dunsparce lmao
>>
>>32609270
Could you draw my team?
>>
>kinda wanna do a HG/SS nuzlocke again
>forever alternating between the gen 4 games

I never played gen 5, might be worth trying idk
>>
>>32609386
sure just post it
>>
>>32609270

cute
>>
Alright, so Clover finally released the E4 patch so I'm giving it another go on my stream

jollynuzcrew.com
>>
>see mod that changes Lyra to Kris in HG/SS
>oh neat
>this loophole just to try and get it to work

n-nevermind
>>
File: flawlessplat8.png (16KB, 545x345px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat8.png
16KB, 545x345px
nightly bump

roark doesn't stand a chance
>>
>>32610901
I wish I could draw to do something like that
>>
File: flawlessplat9.png (41KB, 700x646px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat9.png
41KB, 700x646px
>>32610926
just open up your copy of paint and draw. even if you think it's shit.
>>
And down goes Wattson. Gave Reyonlds the Volbeat a Cherri Bwry and taught him PuP. Took care of Magnemite and Voltorb. Magneton used Supersonic, was not keeping a +3 confused 'mon in, so brought in Rocket the Linoone to finish it with Rock Smash. Now I need a decent catch for Flannery, since I have two bugs and a grass type.
>>
File: flawlessplat10.png (28KB, 700x552px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat10.png
28KB, 700x552px
zzz

>>32611501
never played oras but if you have a rod try fishing at that area after fallarbor town
>>
>>32611516
Old rod only, have Magikarp, but that is only in an extreme emergency. And just killed my possible catch in Rusturf, as I caught a Whismur on 116. Rocket got a crit Headbutt on a weakened Geodude.
>>
Playing Soul Silver have 15/16 badges, current team is
Pikachu (Light Ball)
Crobat
Qwilfish
Snorlax
Espeon

I have no idea what I want my 6th team member to be and the only area I have left to catch something is Mt. Silver. Are rapidash or Marowak any good? They're the only things in my box that look worth using
>>
>>32611593
Do you have a thick club for Marowak?
>>
>>32611525

You can fish up Goldeen in Petalburg City with an Old Rod if you still can. It will have learned Water Pulse by the time you reach Flannery. Are you playing OR or AS?
>>
>>32611655
OR. Caught a Geodude on 111. First time Rock Smashing there one appeared.
>>
>>32611603
No I do not, my other ground option is nidoking but I'm afraid I'm stacking too much poison
>>
>>32611676

Okay, yeah, hold that Geodude near and dear. You'll need it for the next couple big fights. Maxie is pretty scary if you don't have Water or Ground coverage.
>>
File: flawlessplat12.png (26KB, 533x655px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat12.png
26KB, 533x655px
aron is so stupid to draw

>>32611593
i don't think you need a sixth member but i'd go with marowak.
>>
>>32611787
I assumed I'd get fucked by E4/Red without a 6th man
>>
>>32611758
And got a plan B if Elvis dies. Maris the Sandshrew. Was kind of hoping for Spinda to spam TEETER DANCE. But in all honesty Sandshrew or Skarmory would have been fine, with Skarmory preferred just for usefulness against Altaria.
>>
Bumping to keep from dying
>>
>>32611787
Cute!
>>
>>32555763
>Cringey nicknames
>>
File: progress6.png (165KB, 944x473px) Image search: [Google]
progress6.png
165KB, 944x473px
>>32599024
Haven't played a lot recently due to work and Magikarp Jump.

I am right before entering S.S. Anne, but one question has been in my mind: should I try to balance my team now or go with the rule some anon suggested (...or Die Trying!" - only deposit mons that died, instead of depositting at will)?

Opinions please!
>>
File: flawlessplat11.png (25KB, 821x635px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat11.png
25KB, 821x635px
mars' elekid burnt grotle with fire punch and i thought i was fucked. dunsparce managed to step up.

>>32612886
that's a cool challenge though it kind of promotes killing off weaker stuff

i think yellow's an easy enough game that you can just do whatever. i'd definitely keep farfetch'd though, cuz farfetch'd.
>>
>>32611890
And lost my Minun to a Trapinch. Fuck Arena Trap.
>>
File: 1486276538855.jpg (20KB, 228x243px) Image search: [Google]
1486276538855.jpg
20KB, 228x243px
>Wipe at Misty in Fire Red because of Water Pulse/confusion bullshit
>want to try again

Do you guys think I should wait and try again later or start over again now.
I already no the first part of the game really well because of multiple playthroughs in the past so I don't feel like playing again and noing what to expect from the first 5 hours would be considered cheap on my part.
>>
File: flawlessplat13.png (16KB, 415x623px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat13.png
16KB, 415x623px
so i sent out shellos for the first time against a numel on the focus energy praying it wouldn't crit and it ends up critting a magnitude 7

she lived

>>32613036
i mean if you know the game you know the game
i don't think it makes a difference, if you want to try again, try again
>>
>>32613176
I will. Got lucky this time and got Squirtle for my ID chosen starter.
>>
File: sun nz.jpg (315KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
sun nz.jpg
315KB, 1552x1015px
tfw every single Pokemon I had Baby stand on so far has died

>decided to evolve my second Eevee to a Glaceon
>look online to see where the rock is in SM
>"Oh cool, it's in the next island"
>grind him from 1 to 20 something
>he starts evolving into Umbreon
>put it off til I get to the rock
>get near the place where the rock is
>try to go up
>turns out it's the Elite Four place or whatever
>Leafeon's rock is easily accessible
>why.jpg
>Eevee is now 30, "wasted" 10 levels

Fuck you too, game.
>>
>>32613537
>all those boxed mons

Jeez, even if your entire team gets killed you can still make multiple strong teams out oft hat
>>
>>32613552
SM has way too many different routes, at least according to the way I interpret it (ie, if a new name pops up I get a new catch). That plus the game being easy other than a few curve balls here and there and yeah, you kind of end up with a ton of boxed Pokemon.
>>
Kinda wanna try nuzlocking Crystal, done HG once ages ago.

Are there any glaring differences, aside special/physical split?
>>
>>32609439
Update plus here's my team
>>
>>32613687
I'm the anon doing Yellow and will go into Crystal as soon as I finish it. There is nothing so different you'd notice clearly.
>>
File: HG4.png (1MB, 1381x706px) Image search: [Google]
HG4.png
1MB, 1381x706px
>>32588429
At national park now, Caught Mandy the oddish in ilex forest, Pedo Pete on route 12 and Barry in the bug catching contest, currently grinding for whitney
>>
>>32613687
You could play Polished Crystal, it's a lot closer to HG/SS including the physical/special split.
>>
File: 1307123570654.jpg (20KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1307123570654.jpg
20KB, 432x288px
>started moon wonderlocke
>trade 1: fletchling
>trade 2: jolly japanese gible in luxury ball with outrage, iron head and body slam

すごい.....
>>
File: timm.png (34KB, 821x563px) Image search: [Google]
timm.png
34KB, 821x563px
>>32613699
i should never do this again
>>
File: pwnt platinum_37_31421.png (10KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
pwnt platinum_37_31421.png
10KB, 256x384px
Went through Mt. Iron, trained to level 40 and up and ready for Byron, who happens to be ground type trainer.

Good news is by catching a Nincada before Canalave and a Kakuna in Iron I managed to break the curse of "as soon as I get #6, something in the team dies". Especially with Nincada giving me two for the price of one.

I wonder how long a Shedinja can survive in a nuzlocke, but so far so good.

Other news: Snips evolved, changing Tinted Lens to Sturdy. In Gen IV direct downgrade. Ozzy evolved as well, swapping Filter for Hustle. As much as I don't like this one because legendary rock type accuracy, the combo of Hustle, Life Orb and a random Head Smash TM is fucking scary as long as recoil damage doesn't literally OHKOs it since Anorith was getting close to that at times.
>>
>>32615298
oh shit that looks awesome. thanks! stick around perhaps you can draw my team if I beat my nuzlocke. heh
>>
File: flawlessplat14.png (163KB, 648x3200px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat14.png
163KB, 648x3200px
official full-fledged comic. cheryl is a dick. feedback appreciated.
>>
File: 1313814875681.jpg (38KB, 534x443px) Image search: [Google]
1313814875681.jpg
38KB, 534x443px
Could Ten Carat Hill be considered two different zones? (cave and outside)
>>
>>32616711

I wouldn't say so.
>>
What about 111 in Hoenn?
>>
>>32594345
>>32595002
>>32595235
update, Blaze Black is really hard,

I've lost four pokemon after 2 gyms but still have a

ivysaur,
Natu (god tier with magic bounce)
Herdier
Butterfree
Delwott

RIP MY FUCKIGN HITMOCHAN REALEST NIGGA ON THAT NORMAL GYM
>>
File: flawlessplat15.png (32KB, 648x424px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat15.png
32KB, 648x424px
to anyone who might be sorta kinda following me expect a lot of eterna forest pics for the next week because i'm waiting for drifloon and i don't like cheating (weird, eh)

>>32616711
>>32616909
my rule of thumb is if they're "found in the same area" in the description then it's the same area but feel free to do whatever

>>32617604
damn gl keeping natu alive xatu's a bro espsecially with bounce
>>
randomized.png
7KB, 240x160px
>>32604333
Bumping the general with a new update, just destroyed Wattson, his ace was a double screen Ledian (annoying as fuck), and I was shocked when he sent out a second Ledian. Had only one casualty between Dewford and Mauville and my team isn't that bad. I also caught a Heracross near Mauville, but my self-imposed rules don't let me make changes to my team unless someone dies, not that I want my buddies to die, but Heracross is top bro.

Badges: 3

Current team:

LA MORA L22 (Quick Claw)
>met at Route 115 (L5)
>Tackle, Bite, Tail Whip, Charm
Didn't think it was going to do much, since I had to babysit her for a while when I caught her, she hits hard, but also she's really slow.

AAAAAAAAAA L22 (Choice Band)
>met at Route 109 (L8)
>Pound, Uproar, Astonish, Howl
Another Pokémon that I had to babysit at first, because I didn't trust Whismur to tank hits but now that Choice Banded Uproar fucks shit up.

GAI L23 (Scope Lens)
>met at Route 107 (L10)
>Jump Kick, Focus Energy, Meditate, Brick Break
*crits you* heh...nothin personnel...kid

NUZLOCKE L23 (Miracle Seed)
>Fake Out, Frenzy Plant, Growth, Nature Power
Wattson gave me a Frenzy Plant TM, just need her to learn Fa(e)int Attack and I might evolve her. (I found a Leaf Stone at the Trick House).

JAWS L23
>met at Route 116 (L7)
>Water Gun, Scratch, Bite, Leer
I just hope I can get some good TMs for this dude, hopefully an Ice Beam or Ice Punch, has amazing stats.

BOOBY L23 (Leftovers)
>Arm Thrust, Vital Throw, Cut, Fake Out
literally thicc: the pokémon

Deaths: 6
SANDERSON (Clefairy) L7
JAHN (Charmander) L13
BIRB (Taillow) L13
METAGOD (Metapod) L9
CHEERIO (Grovyle) L17
TITANIC (Lapras) L15
>met at Dewford Town (L6)
One of the Team Aqua Grunts at Slateport had a Regirock (obviously, with Explosion), and he ended up havng to take one for the team. Rest in pieces.
>>
>>32617714
I'm sitting here waiting to fight Burgh, why the fuck does it have to be a double battle jesus christ,

I even have Victini too
>>
>>32616474
Dunno man, I just drop the encounter rule when going with Cheryl and count the first solo encounter after I'm rid of her. Not that much of a stretch and I don't have to deal with rng bullshit.
>>
>>32615331

Byron was a fucking joke. After a gym full of fully evolved, strong ground types, he sends out Rhyhorn, Onix and Phanpy. Solo'd by Armaldo's Water Gun.
>>
>>32619502

Fuck Galactic. Saturn had a rather strong team of dark types that couldn't do shit to me anyway because the first one was Absol that kept boosting itself with Swords Dance and Double Team, which allowed my Snips to reach the final form no problem and sweep. Mars was a pain in the ass though. She kept her fire type, and as much as Ponyta and Torchic were onehits, the first one had Snow Warning and the chip damage did its thing. The last one, Entei (what's up with her and fucking legendaries anyway) was a monster and with both my fire-neutral mons crippled I had to sacrifice Shedinja for Heracross to revenge kill and he could barely do so anyway, left under 10 hp after Entei's flamethrower and another round of Hail. Rest in peace, sweet prince.
>>
>>32616474
I love it.
>>
is it so much to ask for a crystal/hgss mod that lets you catch shit like misdreavus before you're almost done with the game, WITHOUT adding a bunch of drayano-tier difficulty changes

I don't want to fucking gameshark a pokemon in when trying to Nuzlocke, but having the chance to catch it would be a good start
>>
>>32620340
Randomizer the wild Pokemon, and nothing else?
>>
anyone thought about making an all pokemon lvl 100 nuzlocke? I fucking hate grinding and having all pokes be at max level makes me feel like itd be like playing a mini pokemon stadium
>>
>>32620340
HGSS Golden Edition
>>
>>32620498

just from a glance over this shit looks unbearable. Gen 6 sprites? And having to play the slots to evolve tradeworthy pokemon.

Also
>no misdreavus mentioned
>>
>>32613016
>not paying attention/thinking and fish on 114
>pull up a level 5 Goldeen
>well fuck
>first encounter in grass is a Zangoose
Just fuck me. I love Zangoose.
>>
File: HG5.png (1MB, 1381x706px) Image search: [Google]
HG5.png
1MB, 1381x706px
>>32614229
Mandy died to a crit from a hoothoot so i grabbed my new abra, Spoons.
also when should spoons and casper evolve into alakazam and gengar? I'm going semi-blind (played silver and gold) so i don't know if there are any prevolution only moves.
>>
File: flawlessplat17.png (12KB, 337x579px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat17.png
12KB, 337x579px
i love pineco

>>32618859
that's fair but i prefer potentially picking between two pokemon anyways. it's usually not horribly difficult to kill chansey if it has to come to that. this was just tricky because both of the opposing pokemon were really threatening. plus, with cheryl eterna forest is a great grinding spot for newer catches.

>>32620740
they don't. besides kadabra which gets role play at level 36 which you definitely don't want to miss out on.
>>
>>32586666
holy shit, checked
>>
randomized.png
7KB, 240x160px
>>32618071
Kicked waifu's ass and had no casualties between third and fourth badge, which is amazing, I also have a good bunch of 'mons in my reserve and unforunately ran away by accident from a Chikorita.
Almost lost Loudred against Tabitha's Gyarados, I need to be more careful.

Badges: 4

LA MORA L28 (Quick Claw)
>met at Route 115 (L5)
>Tackle, Bite, Rock Smash, Charm
Intimidate is top-tier, I wish I had a better STAB, the only other normal-type move I can get her through TM at this moment is Spike Cannon.

NUZLOCKE L28 (Miracle Seed)
>Fake Out, Frenzy Plant, Torment, Nature Power
Still waiting for Feint Attack.

BOOBY L29 (Leftovers)
>Arm Thrust, Vital Throw, Cut, Fake Out
MVP so far. Needs better moves tho.

JAWS L29 (Blackglasses)
>met at Route 116 (L7)
>Water Gun, Scratch, Bite, Leer
If everything goes right, soon Jaws will be surfing all over the place.

GAI L29 (Scope Lens)
>met at Route 107 (L10)
>High Jump Kick, Focus Energy, Meditate, Brick Break
I'm always panicking when I have to use HJK.

AAAAAAAAAA L29 (Choice Band)
>met at Route 109 (L8)
>Stomp, Uproar, Astonish, Supersonic
Why do I have Supersonic on a banded Pokémon? Meh. Whatever.

Deaths: 6
SANDERSON (Clefairy) L7
JAHN (Charmander) L13
BIRB (Taillow) L13
METAGOD (Metapod) L9
CHEERIO (Grovyle) L17
TITANIC (Lapras) L15
>>
>>32620340
polished crystal
>>
>>32621835
>polished crystal

looks good on paper, then I suddenly see them adding gen 4 evolutions and shit.
>>
File: HG6.png (1MB, 1381x706px) Image search: [Google]
HG6.png
1MB, 1381x706px
>>32621004
Oops.
>>32620740
>>
streaming a white 2 nuz, suggest songs and watch (i'm at pokestar studios or whatever you call the part where you're forced to make the movie)
same link as >>32583287
>>
>>32622330
Try one of these then: https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204&prefixid=hack_crystal_ Crystal 251 looks like what you want.
Or download pokecrystal, edit the wild data to put Misdreavus and so on wherever you want, and compile a custom ROM.
>>
randomized.png
7KB, 240x160px
bump
>>
>>32620610
Lost Volbeat to a crit so the Goldeen is getting used. Well at least I have options against Magma and Flannery now. Though fuck grinding low level mons with the Gen 6 EXP Share.
>>
Phobic
>>
File: 20170529_115048.jpg (504KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170529_115048.jpg
504KB, 2896x2896px
Received the first badge, team still intact, also this game might turn out to be harder than I expected
>>
>>32618222
Why the fuck does the Draynao hacks have to have the gimmicky battles for gyms. Fuck double battles fuck Burgh I'm doing a normal White randomizer.

Question for everyone, do you just randomize your starter or every pokemon you can catch?
>>
>>32620340
Liquid Crystal gives you an opportunity when you try and earn your eighth badge
>>
>>32619845

Candice's gym was bug type. Easy. Especially with suicide bombing Armaldo and Yanmega compatible with Heat Wave TM. Although the gym type gave me 'nam flashbacks a few times.

Candice had Parasect, Beedrill, Burmy and Metapod in that order. To make things funnier, I lead with Parasect as well. Hers turned to be faster and spored me first, so after a short RNG fest I went for Yanmega and cheesed my way through with Heat Wave. Almost as piss easy as Byron.
>>
Anyone wantto do a group Nuzlocke? Like we randomize the same Roms and we just play together? We could do Skype or Discord or just stick with /vp/ posts.

We could do Soulinks or just playthroughs. It gets kinda boring playing by myself to be honest
>>
>>32629809

ill do it but i want to play a gen 3 randomized rom
>>
>>32629954
Hey I'm down with Gen 3. Which game?
>>
>>32630169

im thinking hoenn cause its comfy to me, but i dont know too many romhacks. You choose
>>
>>32630394
Yeah I'm fine with Hoenn since I'm always doing Kanto.

Want to both do Emerald, or one of us do Sapphire and the other do Ruby?
>>
>>32630394
Oh I misread your post

Yeah I don't know a whole lot of Gen 3 Romhacks. I only know Pokemon Glazed and Liquid Crystal.
Thread posts: 286
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.