[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crystal Battle Tower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Battle Tower.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Tower.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
What's the easiest way to beat this? Should I just bring a Curselax and call it a day?
>>
>>32553241
wobbafett
>>
>>32553241
fun fact, you can steal trainers items with thief
>>
Curse Snorlax
Suicuine
Jolteon
Wobbafette
Starmie

^ great choices
>>
>>32553250
Speaking of items, how do you get around the fact that only one of your three can have Leftovers?
>>
>>32553274
Just give it to snorlax
>>
>>32553241
Metapod with trick room and perish
>>
Probably a dead thread, but I'll contribute anyways.

The easiest way to beat the Battle Tower is to go in the level 10 way. Get a Skarmory and teach it Toxic, Double Team, Rest and Sleep Talk, give it a Mint Berry (or whichever one cures sleep status)

Trade a Spearow or Drowzee (I forget which) for the Machop in Goldenrod City and take the Gold Berry off of it.

Get the Eevee from Bill and breed it, and train it to level 10. Evolve it into Jolteon. Teach it Shadow Ball and Protect via TM and Thunderbolt from the Move Tutor outside the Goldenrod Game Corner.

Then get a Bellsprout and trade it for the Onix named Rocky in Cherrygrove. Teach it Protect, too. I forget the other moves to teach it cause it's been a long while. Probably EQ and Rock Throw. Keep Screech on it. Give it Leftovers.

Werster covers it in one of his Crystal speed runs.The strategy is that Skarmory walls the entire level 10 Tower aside from like 3 Pokemon. The only Fire Pokemon you'll encounter is Houndour but it doesn't know a Fire type move so Skarmory won't have to switch. Watch out for Lapras though cause Jolteon can't always 1-shot it.
>>
>>32554701
forgot to mention, use HP Ups and shit on your Pokemon. Make sure Jolteon has 37 HP because then it can live like one more hit than normal. The game loves to give the enemy that last little tick of damage on you, turning an 11 roll into a 12. 37 HP ensures that it can take 4 hits before dying.
>>
File: ௵.jpg (21KB, 372x260px)
௵.jpg
21KB, 372x260px
>>32554701
Why Onix?

I can get Skarmory and Jolteon, they are pretty good, but Onix?
>>
>>32556604
No idea m8, but that's what Werster used and it worked. I assume it's because of it's gargantuan defense, as well as switching into any Electric type since most of them only carry Electric or Normal moves with the occasional coverage move like Shadow Ball. You might be better off bringing in something with high Sp. Def instead though. Like maybe Slowking with Psychic/Surf/Ice Punch (or Ice Beam)/EQ or other moves like Rest/Amnesia/Flamethrower? But if you use Slowking then your team has 2 members weak to Electric. Blissey could be used theoretically but it'd take a long ass time to get one since you wouldn't be allowed to level it past level 10.
>>
How's Tyranitar for the tower?
>>
>>32557439
I honestly have no clue, I only know about the level 10 run lol I assume it would be just fine though. There's a trainer list for every tier in the Crystal Battle Tower so you can look up the level you want to challenge and look at the trainers and their Pokemon and see which set between 60 and 100 you want to run. It'd help teambuilding at the very least.
>>
If you're doing a lv.10 run, remember that Dragon Rage does 40 damage no matter what. It will 1HKO half of the lv.10 Pokémon and 2HKO everything else.
>>
>>32558704
this is a good strat, too. Aerodactyl is fast and can learn it from the TM in RBY. Lapras can also get it and can take some hits, but Aero is fast. Pick your poison I guess.
>>
>>32559540
What if you don't have an RBY cartridge to trade?

The only things that can be at lv.10 and know Dragon Rage are Dratini and Horsea.
>>
Apparently in the Japanese version, you needed to connect to the GB mobile system at least once to unlock the Tower.

You know, the same thing that died two years after Crystal came out over there.
>>
I used a team with Snorlax, Starmie and Exeggutor, with moderate success.
Snorlax is standard Curselax, Starmie is Recover + three attacks, Exeggutor has Sleep Powder and Leech Seed to make it easier for Snorlax to set up.
>>
>>32562989
Snorlax is a no-brainer, but what are some good teammates?
>>
>>32564401
Anything with a Fighting resistance. Anything with good physical bulk. Anything that can hit hard from the special side.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.