[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Telefang

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: Telefang.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Telefang.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
In the end, does anybody still remember the Telefang series?
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>32548529
I'm pretty sure the only reason most of us here even know about it's existence is because of Jantran
>>
>>32548529
Emulated "Diamond" way back in the day, never dug deep. Eventually got a busted Diamond cart from a classmate, which prompted me to replay the game via emulator, and put the OST on my fresh iPod Shuffle.

Is there a better translation? I'd love to give it a proper run.

>>32548550
Hahahaha, no.
>>
I remember beaten the "Diamond" version.
>>
>>32548550
who
>>
>>32548550
what
>>
>>32548550

Underage much?
>>
>>32548550
wrong
>>
>>32548571
I said "most people" because sperglords like you would probably flip out on me for underestimating their power level.

Not to mention it's /vp/, a board overrun by underage kids. Johnnytronic is the only person I've seen talk about that game in years.
>>
>>32548550
Pokemon Jade and Diamond were infamous as fuck in the early 00s.
>>
>>32548529
Holy fuck, i think i played this shit when i was a kid, i got it with a gameboy emulator that had a bunch of games, and one of those was this, i was so confused and dropped it after an hour of trying to play it, yet i still remember it, though that memory somehow doesn't feel real.
>>
I played the Pokemon Diamond rom way back in the early 2000s. Has there ever been a legitimate English translation of those games?
>>
>>32548529
Yes loved the second one. The battles are how I always wanted battles in Pokemon.
>>
>>32549369
My favorites are the huge Whale that shoots light from its hole and loves tires and the Flying Shark.
>>
>tfw no Telefang 3
>>
>>32548550
I know it from downloading a "Pokemon Diamond" rom back in the day. Isn't that why most people know about it?
>>
>>32548550
get your lardass youtuber elsewhere
>>
>>32549398
I know of it from the bootlegs section on trsrockin
>>
Bought "Diamond" at some random electronics store in the Philippines and being the dumb kid I was, thought it was a legit Pokémon game. I later found out through playing that it wasn't and couldn't understand any of it because of the horrible translation. It was as decent game. The only enjoyment I got out of it was impressing my friends at school and also duping them into thinking it was a Pokémon game.
>>
>>32548529
Got super into them when proper translation patches came out, honestly a decent pokemon clone
>>
>>32548550
>>32548529
For me, telefang is one of the few bootleg games I was aware of before jontron did his show on them. I found it shortly after diamond came out and was immediately suspicious because it was on color and not ds. My suspicion was well rewarded lol. I played roughly 2 hours of it and forgot its existence entirely until I watched the bootleg pokemon video jontron made.
>>
>>32548529
I own a non-bootleg copy. Bugsite and Telefang 2 too.
I remember when Diamond/Pearl were announced and people made jokes about there already being a Pokémon Diamond.
>>
>>32549398
I bought an actual bootleg because I was curious about exactly what this thing was after the store guy let me try it a bit and I realized it wasn't some shitty Mario Land graphics hack.

But yes, people know about it because it was fucking everywhere in its time. Only underage would've needed some Youtube man to tell them about it. Did he teach you Fire Red and Leaf Green were remakes rather than entirely new games too?
>>
>>32550505
Not just jokes, people thought it was weird Nintendo chose that specific name. Pokemon Jade and Diamond were that well known everyone associated the name "Pokemon Diamond" with bootlegs.
>>
>>32550550
This. It'd be like releasing a new Stadium-style game and naming it "Pokemon Showdown"
>>
>>32548550
Hello, reddit
>>32548649
Hello, damage control
>>
>>32548550
Nah, I knew about. Kind of pissed that he just mentions it and moves on. Doesn't mention the fact that any monster can follow you or that it had double battles before Pokemon did or that the further you are from a monster you call for help then the longer it takes to reach you in battle so it forces you to try out new Mon in different areas

It was pretty fucken good
>>
>>32548649
>sperglords like you would

I see you're adept at conversation.

>Johnnytronic is the only person I've seen talk about that game in years.
>years

Oh, so you're a kid.
>>
>>32550561
Probably because Eceleb Man hadn't heard of it himself until it was ancient.
>>
>>32548550
>This much of an underage
>>
>>32548550
Literally who?
>>
>>32548529
I really love Telefang 1. Never really felt Telefang 2 though.

I own both original versions of Telefang 1. Unfortunately only the cartridge though. I'd kill to get a boxed version.
>>
>>32548529
Best music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ab_HMFVvcE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaXZ45oa1gs

I just fucking love that soundfont.
>>
File: telefang 2.jpg (98KB, 793x548px) Image search: [Google]
telefang 2.jpg
98KB, 793x548px
>In Telefang 2 battles already had super detailed backgrounds and the monsters moved during attack animations
>It was a GBA game from 2002, released 8 months BEFORE Ruby/Sapphire
We had to wait a decade later for the same things in Pokemon, why Game Freak is so slow?
>>
>>32548529
My mother bought it for me a fake 2 games cardtrige though was really far into it had my monsters on their max evolution but the save got corrupted.
>>
>>32548529
Did these ever get a proper english translation?
>>
File: -...jpg (47KB, 472x360px) Image search: [Google]
-...jpg
47KB, 472x360px
>Puppet Dance Performance thread is deleted
>Telefang is alright
>>
File: MASUDA (7).jpg (32KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
MASUDA (7).jpg
32KB, 600x800px
>>32551222
because masuda and the rest of gamefreak staff spend their whole fucking time LIKE THIS
>>
>>32550559
>JonTron
>Reddit
Have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>32548529

Back in the early 2000s my family was friends with family that ran a Chinese Restaurant. We went up to the second floor where their kids had video games to play and they had a gbc cart that had Pokémon Red/Green, Red/Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal, and two curious games called Diamond and Jade all in one. They were very strange to play, and was surprised that the characters cursed.
>>
>>32551756
If you think this is a place that cares about your e-celebs, you're the one who's been living under one.
>>
>>32552077
No hes got a point, jon is well known, got some attention recently to because of not banjo kazooie fiasco.
>>
>>32551694
>Telefang

It's Pokemon Diamond, Jade, "Ruby" and "Sapphire". I don't know what this Telefang is.
>>
>>32552108
That's nice, go back to your subreddit now.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.