[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moves like Wrap/FireSpin/Bind/Clamp now act like they did in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1607.png (90KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1607.png
90KB, 400x240px
Moves like Wrap/FireSpin/Bind/Clamp
now act like they did in Gen 1.

How does this effect the current meta?
>>
>>32547900
Does anything fast actually get those moves anymore?
>>
>>32547900
Everyone avoids it like the plague because even using it isn't fun unless you're a stallfag.
>>
>>32547903
Fucking Deoxys-S gets Wrap.
>>
>>32547903
Tentacruel is "fast" and learns warp.
>>
>>32547900
Die in a hole.
>>32547903
grass snek
>>
>>32547912
Well anything that isn't a ghost gets fucked by that then
>>
>>32547912
irrelevant, Deoxys-S is banned from almost everything
>>32547918
not fast enough to make too much of a dent and it's better to run support moves on it (or Scald)
>>32547919
Serperior would rather run Contrary Leaf Storm

So I'm going to say nothing changes
>>
>Hyper Beam and its clones work as in Gen 1
What changes?
>>
>>32547938
Are you a faggot? If you want specifics shit for your imaginary meta should have been more specific.

>Dragonite gets it
>Blaziken gets Fire Spin
inb4 muh blaziken is banned xD
>>
>>32547900
Heatran rapes with magmastorm assuming it works like firespin.
>>32547938
>leafstorm
>hp fire
>wrap
>taunt
I don't see the problem. It's similar to the subseed set.
>>
>>32547938
Serperior could beat Chansey easily with warp+contrary.
>>
>>32547950
...so it becomes a physical attack again?
Because if it stays special, than Porygon is gonna skyrocket
>>
>>32547962
a ko eliminates the need to recharge
>>
>>32547962
They remain as-is. Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon, Rock Wrecker, Roar of Time, and Prismatic Laser don't need to recharge if they kill.
>>
>>32547903
Deoxys gets Wrap/Bind
Weavile gets Whirlpool
Houndoom (Infernape if you don't mega evolve Houndoom) gets Fire Spin
Cloyster gets Clamp
And Dugtrio gets Sand Tomb
>>
>>32547962
The bad thing is that it would need to run 2 Normal special moves. Just like how Gen 1 had lots of Body Slam to Hyper Beam combos.
>>
>>32547982
Alolan dugtrio goes to ubers
>>
>>32547950
The only one that benefits is Dialga and maybe Porygon Z.
What made Hyper Beam in Gen 1 powerful and fun was the 1-2 combo of Hyper Beam+Body Slam. The combined damage would nearly 2HKO the meta. Moves like Return and Hyper Voice (as well as the meta changing to a move coverage centered meta) really negate the use of Hyper Beam/Giga Impact 1-2 combo. Same goes with Fire Blast and Hydro Pump.
Roar of Time with Gen 1 mechanics could make Dialga a better tank in Ubers and Porygon would become a great late game sweeper.
>>
>>32548012
Why it's Alolan form exactly?
>>
can someone spoon feed me on how broken these moves where? didn't they just make matches go on way too long?
>>
>>32548093
If your opponent is faster then you and he starts wrapping your fucked unless he misses, the only way to break free is to switch out to something faster or a gengar, (unless it's fire spin rapidash)
>>
>>32548091
Well Alolan dug is the only one people use now, because it's superior
>>
>>32548219
Haha are you fucking kidding me? It's shit. Slower, no Arena Trap, weak to Fire, Water, Fighting, and Ground?
>>
>>32548219
Pretending that's right, with Sand Tomb preventing you from moving, the faster Pokemon (and the one with Arena Trap to prevent switches into Flying types) is definitely going to be more cancer as less things can outspeed it.
>>
If Infestation works like that now then Infestation Ribombee would really centralize things.
>>
>>32548359
Shit. Forgot about Infestation. Also put that on the list here >>32547982
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.