[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest. Did you think this was gonna happen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 62518396_p0.jpg (55KB, 595x841px) Image search: [Google]
62518396_p0.jpg
55KB, 595x841px
Before plot points and Cosmog were revealed, there was a lot of speculation after reading UB-01's description about its similarity to Lillie and the lack of classifying Ultra Beasts as Pokemon lead to some wild speculation.

To those who thought that was gonna happen, were you relieved to be wrong? Disappointed?

Share your thoughts.
>>
>>32546311
first lusamine is pheromosa, and second IDK.
>>
>>32546311
I heard a anon saying that because Lusamine was obsessed with Ultra Beasts, she made her daughter similar to one (Nihilego), so the connection still exists.

Maybe Lusamine herself also made her appearence similar to Pheromosa purpositally? The long hair looks like Pheromosa's wings.
>>
I really thought UBs were like the humans transformed or some kind of virus shit that took form based on people it saw/knew.
>>
I was hoping for it, and I kept waiting for some deeper explanation to what UBs were. But I guess they're just pokemon basically. I also completely glossed over the other reasons why Lillie and Lusamine look like UBs because I was so obsessed over my theory.
I was a bit disappointed yeah.
>>32546373
Yeah, that's it. The other UBs also don't really look like people, aside from maybe Xurkitree and Guzma, but I think that's a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>32546385
The promos did try to make it sound like they were a 3rd kind seeing how their types weren't disclosed and they specifically said something on the lines of "a threat to humans and Pokemon alike"

The first thing Burnett says before you're even formally introduced to Ultra Beasts in-game is that they're interdimensional Pokemon off the bat, which is kinda funny in hindsight.
>>
>>32546311
I did and found the "plot twist" to be very boring and obvious, so I was pleasently surprised.
>>
>>32546311
I was kinda disappointed, actually.
That was a pretty good ruse, Game Freak.
>>
>>32546311
No, it was fucking stupid and the people who said it was got btfo'ed for being fucking stupid.
>>
I was hoping they were run of the mill Pokémon off the bat - I assumed that Lusamine and Lillie were imitating them. I don't think there was ever a point where I considered it possible that they could BE the UB's. I felt it very possible that they were non-Pokémon monsters, though, which I still do not like the idea of.
>>
>>32546461
>I assumed that Lusamine and Lillie were imitating them
I don't believe this even for a second, there was too much holes and questions at the time to believe in something that would become so correct and specific.
>>
>>32546311
I didn't think so, because it would be weird to capture humans and use them in battle.

There was the idea that they were bosses only, but that was retarded because pokemon wouldn't introduce pokemon you can't catch when that's the whole point of the sereis
>>
I didn't expect them to be humans, no, but I am disappointed with them.

They were presented as a big fucking deal in the promos: "A threat to humans and pokemon alike", Zygarde coming to Alola to stop a great evil. But what did they actually do in the game? Fucking nothing, aside from being parts of an hour long postgame fetch quest.
>>
>>32546485
I mean, I believed there was a connection but that they weren't the UB themselves. That kind of only leaves one option, right? I wasn't digging that whole "alien virus that mimmicks people" thing either, so that was the most reasonable assumption. Seems to me anyway.
>>
>>32546454
Have you ever considered the fact that people who thought or were certain it was likely to happen were relieved it didn't?

Imagine the reactive trauma if Lillie actually WAS a tomato in the mirror. More importantly, the idea that Buzzwole or Kartana wouldn't be catchable monsters was worrisome more than it was convenient.

It's called the "principle of least damage", anon. Considering the harmful possibility first and the ideal second help make inconvenient things easier to accept and more rewarding when they don't occur.

In other words, it's not like the possibility of being right about those things, especially without the gift of hindsight was something to be proud about.
>>
>>32546392
Kartana's got the same color scheme as Mohn too, it's worth noting. And Necrozma does Gladion's poses and stuff.
>>
>>32546584
>Kartana's got the same color scheme as Mohn too
Absolutely not, this is the kind of asspull shit that has no real basis in reality.

>And Necrozma does Gladion's poses and stuff.
Necrozma isn't even a UB. Everybody thought Buzzwole was going to be him, which is retarded as well.
>>
>>32546539
>That kind of only leaves one option, right?
Not really no. Lusamine/Lillie could've been UB's, or just look like UB's. Plenty of options still, that would've been a great leap of logic.
>>
>>32546311
why would i speculate something so retarded? I don't have Autism like the 98.9% of this board & the shitstains on the "National Dex" has
>>
>>32546546
Ah, okay anon sorry for being a douche.
>>
I thought that Lillie was going to be some kind of pokemon/human crossbreed and she could flip back and forth. And I thought that this was going to relate to SM's latent alchemy theme I'm still mad that the game wasn't even close to being as interesting as it could've
>>
File: 1477257484122.jpg (100KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1477257484122.jpg
100KB, 774x1032px
I thought they were directly linked to Arceus
>>
>>32546806
this
>>
No, that theory was stupid as fuck.
At the time I thought it would act like a girl because it had met lillie before and was imitating her
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.