[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is catching Mythicals yourself not a thing anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Deoxys_Attack_FR.gif (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Deoxys_Attack_FR.gif
6KB, 240x160px
Why is catching Mythicals yourself not a thing anymore?
>>
Because GF realized that distribution through events keeps a forced interest in their games.
>>
>>32545886
There's acutally no difference to that, since you need Event items for it anyway.
>>
>>32545886
But you still needed events to unlock them
>>
>>32545877
Because Gamefreak is a business that tries to maximize profit. Time is money and so putting more time into developing their games for a not-so-substantial payoff is wasteful. Same deal with Battle Frontier and large amounts of postgame content. It's a shame but that's how the cookie crumbles.
>>
Because the Azure Flute was "too confusing."
Even though Regigigas in ORAS and its abstract requirements exist.
>>
>>32545935
Reminds me of the Lv. 100 Event Regigigas in Platinum required to get all three Regis in order to get a Lv. 1 Regigias
>>
>>32545877
I really miss that!
It's sad that it's gone
>>
>>32545877
Because Game Freak doesn't have to add new locations and scripts that way
>>
>>32545886
>forced
Forced post.
Forced anon.
>>
>>32545877
It's because people glitched their way to Darkrai and Shaymin back when D/P launched. I still have no fucking clue why they didn't distribute the Azure Flute.
>>
>>32545877
because that requires gamefreak programming new events, new areas, or both

just giving you a pokemon with 4 lines of dialogue fits with them stripping away all the nuance while still selling what is technically a game
>>
>>32547881
>tfw I got a darkrai that way
Shit was cash
>>
>>32547881

Because the Azure Flute event was "too confusing" for kids.

No, seriously, that's what they said.
>>
>>32547931
stop making these games for kids then its a 20 year old series but wont make a game for 20 year olds
>>
>>32547931
I know they said that, but it's obviously bullshit. I'm just wondering what the real reason is. Hell, they made it so you had to catch Victini and Zoroark after getting their events.
>>
>>32545877
Masuda has outright said it's because having events be items that will allow you to access an area and catch a mythical instead of being the mythical itself just leads to dumb kids not figuring out what the item they just got is used for, and thus not getting anything out of the event.
>>
File: 1490412498429.jpg (206KB, 828x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490412498429.jpg
206KB, 828x720px
>>32548034
>treat children as stupid, incapable fucking retards
>they become stupid, incapable fucking retards
>they grow into stupid, incapable fucking retarded adults

humanity is a mistake
>>
>>32548034
Didn't stop him from locking Zoroark behind Pokemon obtained in the previous gen.
>>
>>32545946
kek
I've always thought that was retarded too.
>>
-Removed event Pokémon; Too confusing for newer players.
>>
>last legitimate event was victini in bw1
>all legends since then have just been handed to you
>we will never get events like these again
>>
>>32545877
They don't have to pay a composers for that special Magearna battle music.
>>
>>32545877
Because they believe that it makes Pokemon less mysterious if you can catch them yourself for some reason.
The reason why they never gave out the flute to catch Arceus was because they thought it would be weird for a little kid to be able to catch the literal Pokemon god so it obviously would be much better to just let them pirate him from a torrent site.
>>
>>32545877
Game Freak refused to distribute many of the items at large events and then got butthurt when people hacked to get them.
>>
>>32548097
this.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.