[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5 point reduction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 5pttable.png (182KB, 1756x1560px) Image search: [Google]
5pttable.png
182KB, 1756x1560px
I tried this once before but stupidly on a day i couldn't check up on it regularly after the fact, so let me try this again. Also last time I did this people seemed to whine about not getting the point so I'll be clearer. The stat distribution we have along the current scale is fraught with irrelevancies: minuscule differences in base stats that make next to no functional difference when compared to like stats. So, instead of trying to parse 120 from 130 from 140 in stats a pokemon doesn't even get any particular use or advantage out of, I decided to simplify things by cutting it all down into 5 points. And average(3), a high(4) and a low(2) to denote those with distinct abilities, and then exceptionally high(5) and low(1) for those that need to stand out from those with only moderate stat focus. In this way redundancies in stat distributions are a little more apparent and it can give more focus on who could use restating or distinct move pools to better differentiate themselves from like pokemon.

Find your favorites, look at their neighbors. Do they have stat equivalent pokemon of other types; does that type better or worse utilize their stat distribution? Do they have a stat equivalent of the same type? Does one have a move set that better suits the stat distribution? Do they have a stat the just doesn't seem to make any sense? (like Slaking not actually being particularly slow)

I just copy pasted these from bulbapedia and ran it thru a formula, so it's not like i checked over each and everyone one of these. So, let me know if anything got fudged.
>>
Looking over a lot of these I'm kinda surprised Smeargle isn't more in line with Ditto and Castform and Spinda as an even balanced normal type. it would make more sense to give it a more versatile stat distribution considering its gimmick, more so than given such even stats to some of the others at least.
>>
>>32544380
Also in the face of some of the stat and type redundancies, which pokemon are just obsolete?
>>
bumping this because effort was put into it
>>
Effort
>>
>>32544380
>So, instead of trying to parse 120 from 130 from 140 in stats a pokemon doesn't even get any particular use or advantage out of

I still don't undertsand the goal here
It's a numbers game, so a Pokemon with 100 Attack might never be able to OHKO Pokemon B, even after SR, but if a Pokemon with 110 can get that OHKO 90% of the time then that is entirely relevant. A Pokemon with 100 HP hits 404 HP at 100 with full investment, so Chansey needs to hit it twice with Seismic Toss to break its Subs (with 101 HP), which is another relevant

Even barring examples like that, which might be foreign to now players, speed. A pokemon with 100 speed is faster than a Pokemon with 99 speed. This is statistically relevant. That's what gives Excadrill (88 Speed) its advantage over Rotom-W (87) in OU. It's why garchomp can meme on so many things
>>
>>32544380
>Arceus
>120 in a stat is average
>>
>>32544380
Looks like everything is shit.
>>
>>32544380
this is fucking retarded, especially for things like speed.
this might be news to a retarded piece of garbage like yourself, but 1 point of speed makes all the difference, and removing any and all complexity from stats would just make the game fucking braindead.
like you, coincidentally
>>
>>32544380
>gyarados has a 4 in attack with 125 base
>arceus has a 3 with 120 base
things like this show just how stupid this really is
>>
>>32548108
I think that's what OP means by stats being functionally irrelevant when compared to like stats. Your pokemons entire stat investment is either used or not used at all if it's speed. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure what this is all about. Simplification and balance?
>>
>>32548134
>alomomola has 5 in HP with a 165 base stat
>blissey also has 5 with a 255 base stat
face it, 5 isn't enough to differentiate pokemon from eachother and this would make virtually every pokemon shit
>>
>>32548134
>or not at all

this is retarded
this is true of every stat and is not actionable information

you don't use scizor defense stat at all when the opponent uses a special attack

secondly, your Garchomp being faster than their Salamence is just as relevant as that Salamence being faster than your Hippowdon or what the fuck ever

again, there is no point in this since bulbapedia already lets you organize all 800+ pokemon by stat, and because you did retarded shit like this:
>>32548170
>>32548123
>>
>>32544380
>all those fucking speed ties
The games would be total ass if they used this system.
>>
File: 1467670806115.gif (215KB, 254x135px) Image search: [Google]
1467670806115.gif
215KB, 254x135px
>>32544380
>Arceus literally worse than its shitstain children
>FUCKING LEGENDARY BIRDS OVER ARCEUS
>Groudon and Kyogre have higher BST than most of the 680 Ubers
>"Miniscule" differences in Speed
>Shedinja now has the same HP as Mr Mime
>Does shit like Mega Steelix and Mega Aggron get shafted in their nice buffs to stats they already have capped?

Anon. There are so many awkward fucking problems with this, I don't even know where to begin.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.