[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kecleon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

He's so fucking close to being legitimately solid; what could push him over? A redistribution of his stats?
>>
>>32542597
I want Kecleon to lick my butthole.
>>
>>32542597
Kecleon more like Kekleon 'cause he's a fucking joke
>>
>>32542597
A tiny bit more speed and he'd be fine, honestly.
>>
fuck off topkec
>>
>>32542597
Color Change actually changing his color
>>
A slight boost in stats like Mantine and Ariados had this gen
>>
>>32542597
A bit more BST. Some more attack, and a touch more HP could push him to something resembling relevance.
>>
hypothetical Kecleon @ Normalium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Drain Punch

Everything else I could think of would be outclassed by something else.
>>
>>32542597
A really simple change. Color change now takes place before the move hits it rather than after.
It now resists 9 types, is immune to basically all status and leech seed and only weak to dragon and ghost.
>>
File: 7YyT2T1.jpg (14KB, 298x290px) Image search: [Google]
7YyT2T1.jpg
14KB, 298x290px
>>32543137
He already has Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak as forms of priority, and then Focus Punch if you need a third type for him to quickly play around with, so its speed issues can actually be played around.

Some extra HP and Defense would be nice though, and access to Swords Dance.
>>
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-82345404
>>
>Wide-ass movepool
>God-tier Hidden Ability
>Good in TR meme
>Can pull it's weight outside TR because it has lots of Priority moves
All it needs is some more stats.

>HP: 60
>Attack: 90
>Defense: 70
>Sp.Atk: 60
>Sp.Def: 120
>Speed: 40
>Total: 440

Give it +10/20 Atk and 30/40 HP to reach 500 and you'd be golden. Even just 20/20 to reach 480 would be plenty.
>>
>>32543537
the chameleon pokemon is now all types at the same time. I like it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (35KB, 405x431px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
35KB, 405x431px
>>
>>32543537
And we could fix Protean at the same time by making change the user's type *after* they've attacked, so it's not a free "every single attacking move gets 1.5x power".
>>
>>32544330
But that's the main reason why it is a good ability to begin with and protean kecleon can be somewhat useful because of it.

The fact they gave it to greninja to make it their poster child doesn't mean protean kecleon should get worse because of it. Reallistically if they didn't try to shill the frog its HA would be some shit like hydration or unburden.
>>
Color change: skill swap, sucker punch, shadow sneak, drain punch.

Good luck
>>
>>32544362
If we fix both abilities, Kecleon won't be good, but he also won't be poor man's (or more like a homeless man's) Greninja.
>>
>>32544385
Greninja with protean was a mistake is what I'm saying.

That aside, I think fixing color change is good enough as it is, because with kecleon's special bulk plus an assault best, switching into literally any special attacker of a type that resists itself would become its new niche. A set of knock off and drain punch could exploit this very well.
>>
>>32544438
The problem is that he still loses hard to water types with scald, and remains set-up bait for every bulky (and some non-bulky) sweeper in the game.
>>
>>32544462
Well crap I did forgot about scald.

I guess in the end being as slow as 40 is what really kills the kecleon. Otherwise it even has decent moves and recover.
>>
>>32544476
Kecleon has a LOT of problems and speed is probably the most minor of them all.
>Mediocre attack with no way to boost it outside of Power-Up Punch which is a joke move.
>Decent SpD with no HP to actually make use of it. Recover is practically wasted on him because he doesn't have the free turns to make use of it if the opponent is actually attacking or boosting on him like they should be.
>Horrible SpA with a movepool that begs him to run a Mixed attacking set because he gets no physical coverage.
>Horrible speed for an attacker, not enough bulk to pull off a Bulky Attacker set.
>No utility outside of Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. Technically he gets Trick Room but that's more of a detriment to your team because Trick Room is a joke archetype.
having low speed hurts him, but it's his complete lack of offensive presence that makes him go from 'weak attacker that can take a special hit' into 'giving your opponent the signal that it's okay to switch their sweeper in and wipe out your whole team'.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.