[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why won't Game Freak let me be good, /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

File: 1456058153083.png (10KB, 501x195px) Image search: [Google]
1456058153083.png
10KB, 501x195px
Why won't Game Freak let me be good, /vp/?
>>
>>32538518
Because then you'll complain it's too good.
>>
>>32538518
Gamefreak keeps insisting on making defensive Ice-types when Ice is an offensive typing. If they only made offensive Ice-types and gave them wider movepools those Pokemon would be pretty damn good.
>>
File: 250px-473Mamoswine.png (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-473Mamoswine.png
55KB, 250x250px
>>32538518
You rang?
>>
How to fix ice type:
>resistant to water
>super effective against water
>new move: winter prison, it's like spore but it freezes
>>
>>32538829
>haha let's buff ice offensively
die
>>
File: 740-Crabominable.png (102KB, 439x267px) Image search: [Google]
740-Crabominable.png
102KB, 439x267px
>"hey guys, i'm the sole ice type in gen 7. im gonna be good right?"
>>
>>32538518
Ice is THE best coverage type in the game. All they need to do is make ice mons more focused on being an offensive type and stop making slow bulky ice types.

>>32538560
Pretty much this.
>>
>>32538829
>new move: winter prison, it's like spore but it freezes

that's fucking retarded why not give more higher chance attacks that make freeze better or something that freezes the target then once it goes away it lowers the speed of the target by 1-2 stages

>resistant to water
I agree or take 1/3 the damage.
>>
>>32538560
This is the problem.
Gamefreak keeps trying to make defensive ice-types. Aurora Veil was a step in that direction too. They refuse to understand that a defensive pokemon with lots of weaknesses and only one resistance to its own type isn't good.
Most offensive ice types are also physical and physical Ice moves besides Ice Shard aren't exactly great. A fast special attacking Ice mon with decent coverage movepool would be pretty good.
>>
Ice is good when they're not frozen water.
>>
>>32538518
Because dragon pokemon have huge fanbases, make ice OP and you kill dragon as competitive pokemon and people bitch
>>
>>32538864
>what is alolan vulpix/ninetales and alolan sandshrew/sandslash
>>
>>32538518
It's all because Ice beam is a TM.
Ice is a good type.
Wulfric sums it up nicely:
>"Y'know what? Ice is both extremely hard and terribly fragile at the same time. You know what that means? Depending on which Pokémon you choose and what moves they use, I could be your most challenging opponent yet or I could be a total pushover. But that's all right. That's how it should be! Anyway, enough of my rambling! Let's get this show on the road!"

So they know how it is. But that how it's supposed to be.
>>
>>32539176
The better dragon counter, Fairy, is OP though and Ice has been shit since gen 1.
>>
>>32539207
>Ice is a good type.

The other 17 types are just way better.
>>
File: Lice_Type.png (14KB, 501x195px) Image search: [Google]
Lice_Type.png
14KB, 501x195px
>>32538518
>>
>>32538518
because they keep making defensive ice types.
>>
>>32539926
underrated
>>
>>32538829
>resistant to water
Have you pouring water on a cube of ice?
How would you react when fucking Scald were not very effective against Ice?
>>
>>32538518
Ice is not getting the support that it needs. Perhaps it needs more of its own special properties like Grass received with the Powder/Seeds immunity.

Regarding defensive Ice types, i think if they try to be any bulkier than Mamoswine or the Kyurems then you'll only end up with wasted potential.
>>
>>32540074
>Implying Scald wouldn't become the Freeze-Dry of the water type
>>
File: Birdfire.png (247KB, 539x500px) Image search: [Google]
Birdfire.png
247KB, 539x500px
>>32540102
>70 bp
>10% chance to burn

Now that you mention it...
>>
There shouldn't be a type that's just a defensive liability to have. They need to give it a resistance that's actually worth having, like Ground or something
>>
All it needs is a new move.
>Defrost
>Pokemon loses Ice typing, becomes Water until it switches or gets hit by an Ice move
Water gets one called Freeze over, that does the opposite: Water to Ice.

Suddenly slow, defensive Ice-types become bulky Water-types. They lose STAB on the majority of their moves, but they make up for it by actually being able to do the job Game Freak intended them for.
>>
>>32540131
I think Ice should resist ground and flying.
Those are two very common offensive types and no other type resists both
>>
>>32539131
Like that two legged umbreon?
>>
>>32540144
>buff Ice types by turning them into Water types
What sucks is this is the best option I've ever seen.
>>
>>32540161
More than that, the only types that resist Ground are weak to flying, and the only types that resist flying are weak to ground. The only type that hold its own against both of them is flying with a secondary type that resists itself
>>
>>32540190
Sad but true.
Plus it just works thematically.
>>
>>32538587
Mamoswine is good because it has fantastic stats and a ground type
If mamoswine lost it's ice type and instead gained an ability that boosted it's ice moves by 50% that would actually be a significant buff
>>
>>32538560
They do this with Rock A LOT as well.
>>
>>32540144
problem is you'd still need to give up a moveslot
what about an ice type roost that changed their ice type to water for 2 turns in addition to healing?
>>
>>32540300
It's okay though, Tyranitar is pulling the entire fucking Rock-type on its back with some help from Terrakion.
>>
>>32540300
to be fair rock was intended as a defensive type, it was simply badly designed as a defensive type

it has a lot of weaknesses probably to make up for the fact it resisted normal types

course then they made steel into rock 2.0
>>
>>32540161
Isn't there a thing where winter BTFOs fairies, so shouldn't Ice be effective against/resist fairies.
>>
>>32540320
Rock is a Slow Mixed Physical type. If you average all rock type Pokemon, you end up with decent HP, good Atk, good Def, bad SpA, decent SpD, bad Spe. This lends itself well as a physically offensive typing, able to hit hard, and generally able to survive one physical SE hit in return (or a few neutral hits).
The biggest problem is that more of Rock's weaknesses come from special attacks like Giga Drain or Hydro Pump, and rock tends to be paired poorly with secondary typings, most often gaining more weaknesses than resistances, and there's no definitive typing that would negate or significantly diminish the five weaknesses rock has.
>>
File: 1425140401164.jpg (50KB, 259x367px) Image search: [Google]
1425140401164.jpg
50KB, 259x367px
Could be worse. At least you got Alolatales, Snowslash and Aurora Veil. You're getting better.

Grass got jack fucking shit as always and continues to get worse and worse.
>>
>>32540784

Grass got tapu bulu, which is a lot better than nothing.
But spore/sleep powder was terf nerfed by all the other tapu so I guess you have a point. RIP Lilligant and the one single thing you could do...
>>
>>32540803
Man I love Bulu but
>the weakest of the Tapus
>does not get fairy STAB
>heals enemy Pokemon
>only STAB is the single worst attacking type in the game
>>
>>32541018
Koko has the same issue in that he doesn't get physical Fairy STAB but it's not as bad as Bulu.
>>
File: lilligant a shit.png (1MB, 1272x2228px) Image search: [Google]
lilligant a shit.png
1MB, 1272x2228px
>>32540784
>being a Lilligantfag
>>
>>32538518
Because for someone Gamefreak thinks Ice is the best defensive type in the game
>>
File: kek.jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
>>32541034
Have a (You) for the shittiest bait I've ever seen, now get off this fucking board
>>
>>32541018
It's not bad in doubles. It is limited by its typing but bloom doom wood hammer is crazy strong and it just won a regional.
>>
>>32539186
Shit. Pokémon aren't just good because you want them to be.
>>
make it resist Fairy (nature sleeps in the winter, ice has a high albedo)
and flying (cold air sinks)
and Dark (ice has a high albedo)

Or at least 2 of the three
>>
>>32541317
>it's a "dark refers to light" post
>>
>>32541317
people keep saying dark is underhanded but there is a LOT going against it
first dark types are a witch's crow, a weasel demon, a moonlight powered eeveelution, and a hellhound
The first dark type legendary is like a spooky nightmare thing, and more well known dark types include cassandra-prophet dog and illusory fox
>>
>>32538518

One day they will listen to the fans.
>>
>>32541081
No anon. Pokémon aren't bad just because it disagrees your narrative.
>>
>>32541074
You don't gotta tell me, I use it with Oranguru to lay niggas the fuck out with Wood Hammer spam, but compared to the other Tapus it has a lot going against it and it's almost entirely due to its Grass typing.
>>
You guys realize that not every type can be good right? Some have to be low tier, like with any video game
>>
>>32541355
fine. Resists Ghost because muh ghostly chill
>>
>>32539176
That's partly why Fairy type exists though.
>>
>>32541355
Dark Pulse
Night Daze
Dark Void
Black Hole Eclipse

Friendly reminder that Dark absolutely represents Darkness and Pokemon types can represent more than one thing.
>>
>>32542140
>evil pulse in japanese.

It's weaponized evil thoughts
>>
>>32542160
In the form of physical darkness.

If Dark type was ever meant to be exclusively "naughty and mischevious" type that ship sailed long ago. In fact, it shares that aspect with Ghost type, thanks to moves like Lick or Astonish.
>>
>>32542140
Night Slash japanese name is a assasination technique used by samurais or something.
>>
>>32542083
they barely listen to the fans now, it's hilarious you think they'll ever give a fuck
gamefreak could put shit on a plate and still make millions
>>
>>32542207
>3 moves means dark type now refers exclusively to an absence of light
>>
File: 2713-Shiny-Avalugg.png (54KB, 300x248px) Image search: [Google]
2713-Shiny-Avalugg.png
54KB, 300x248px
>when the best designs are trash competitively
It's just not fair.
>>
Ice needs a move that is just like sticky web. Ot could have one of two effects.

First: it could lower speed by one stage just like sticky web.

Second: It could add a new status called slippery which would be the sane effect as para on a random chance.

That would make even tge def orientated shitmons viable or at least gain usage to a point.
>>
>only resistance is to itself
Literally why is this allowed?
>>
>>32542646
>best offensive type coverage in the game
Literally why is this allowed?
>>
>>32542690
That every water type gets, without the weaknesses.
>>
How to fix rock type in two easy steps
>Rock now resists ground
>Steel and poison are now neutral damage to rocks
TA DA!

Ice just needs better designed mon.
>>
>>32542850
Rock-types have the same issues Ice-types do. Look at Terrakion, that thing's a monster and an excellent blueprint of how Rock-types (and Ice-types) should be designed.
>>
>>32542390
>zoarark, darkrai, murkrow, umbreon, yvetl and absol don't have dark powers and are actually merely underhanded
>>
If we get an Ice/Electric type with 130/110 offenses, would that be too broken?
>>
>>32543168
probably not
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.