[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the UBs based on planets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: d8CDmtz[1].png (36KB, 666x589px) Image search: [Google]
d8CDmtz[1].png
36KB, 666x589px
Are the UBs based on planets?
>>
>>32537822
No and you're a gay person.
>>
>>32537833
Alright, fair enough.
>>
The Moon is not a planet. It is a moon. How retarded can a person be?
>>
The sun is also not a planet. It is a star.
>>
>>32537854
The moon is closer to being a planet then the sun is you dipshit, if you're going to complain at least complain at the right things
>>
>>32537872
define 'closer' in this context
>>
Xurkitree is Jupiter because Jupiter is the god of thunder and lightning
Celesteela is Uranus because Uranus is the Greek god of the sky
Kartana is Saturn because Saturn is the god of the harvest, and wields a sharp sickle
Guzzlord is Neptune because... um... it's a sea monster I guess?
Necrozma is Pluto because it's not a planet
>>
>>32537872
One of them is a floating rock in space orbiting a star and the other is a perpetual explosion which orbits a galaxy, it should be fairly obvious what I mean
>>
>>32537892
the fuck? that is some next level astronomy right there
>>
>>32537891
Guzzlors could be a black whole, devouring everything
>>
>>32537854
>>32537866
Found the real retard. OP clearly meant planet as an umbrella term for celestial bodies, now shut the fuck up and contain your autism.
>>
>>32537822
>>32537891
I like this!

Headcanon amended.
>>
>>32537914
so I guess Solrock is a planet and an Ultra Beast
>>
>>32537891
Was just googling, and yeah was going to post this. Most of them match up pretty dang well.

Guzzlord might just represent a black hole, meaning Neptune would have to be...Necrozma?

There doesn't need to be a Pluto rep, but maybe it's Marshadow. Because it's not a UB/not a planet.
>>
>>32537922
UBs are planets, but Solgaleo, Lunala, Zygarde, & Necrozma are not UBs, thus not planets.
>>
Just change "planets" into "celestial bodies" and your retarded problem is solved.
>>
>implying GF plans that far ahead with their pokemon designs
>>
>>32538045
>seriously implying they don't, especially for Legendary Pokemon
>>
>>32537854
The moon is clouds.
>>
>>32537959
>solgaleo and lunala aren't ultra beast
>wtf
>>
>>32537822
No. Stop trying to make shitty green snake relevant, stupid Zycuck.
>>
>>32538926
It seems more likely to me that they'd just outright skip Earth, like Sailor Moon does.
>>
>>32537892
They're being considered from the perspective of ancient humans observing the cosmos.
The moon and sun are the primary celestial bodies known to mankind throughout its entire history, so they are very comparable to planets in that regard.
>>
>>32537872
Being close is not enough, pluto faggot.
>>
>>32538952
They skip earth because in the end, the Earth ends up being the most important thing.
>>
>>32537854
>>32537822
"Based on the Solar System" would be better phrasing, yes, the moon and sun are not planets, but you're an asshole for splitting hairs like this. We all understand what he means. Even if OP chose his words poorly, he's still got an interesting point even if it's only based on the # of UB and the fact that two of them clearly represent the sun and the moon outright.
>>
File: leak (3).png (381KB, 998x625px) Image search: [Google]
leak (3).png
381KB, 998x625px
>>
....Y'know, I originally was going to say "heavenly bodies" but I thought I'd get shit for sounding gay or something.

Glad I went the other route. This whole debacle was a sight to behold. 10/10, would misconstrue again.
>>
Nahh they're obviously based on the seven deadly sins
>>
>>32537943
Marshadow doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the UB plot, period. Necrozma fits better as Pluto because of its ambiguous classification.
>>
buzzwole and pheromosa are based on the red and blue oni of japanese mythology
>>
>>32539019
Pokemon very often take design cues from multiple sources. Invasive species has already been confirmed in-interview as a core element/theme of Ultra Beasts, but considering the celestial nature of the box legendaries, planetinspirations are also very plausible.
>>
>>32539049
Don't you start
>>
>>32539063
seven sins is also fitting
honestly never before had pokemon been so creative and multifaceted with its designs than gen7
nostalgiacucks can go fuck themselves with their krabby and pidgey
>>
File: b39.png (333KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
b39.png
333KB, 1024x600px
They're based on spongebob memes desu
>>
>>32537891
Boy
>>
>>32537822
For the ones you didn't classify, I would say celesteela fits jupiter (biggest UB, biggest planet), xurkitry fits saturn (no particular reason, tho), kartana fits nothing, guzzlord fits uranus, and necrozma fits pluto.

The theory itself is not too solid
>>
>>32539082
Why does everyone hate the Seven Sins theory? It fits perfectly.
>>
>>32539919
>It fits perfectly.
If it fit perfectly people wouldn't hate it. It only fits a little bit, the same problem the "fire starters are Chinese zodiac" theory has.
>>
>>32539919
I don't hate it and I'm actually a sevensinsfag, but I never like to claim the seven sins as inspiration for something if only some of them fit.

Not all ultra beast represent a sin clearly. I mean guzzlord is gluttony, fine I get it. But in the end we get xurkitree as greed and celesteela as sloth, both of which are grasping at straws.
>>
>>32538076
Yes, this meme is so leet, glad it ain't dead yet

>The moon is clouds
>>
>>32538952
I thought Tuxedo Mask represented Earth.
>>
>>32539049
Those are Throh and Sawk, retard.
>>
>>32539938
>>32539964
Guzzlord=Gluttony because duh.
Pheromosa=Lust, due to pheromones (inb4 "just because you're beautiful it doesn't mean you're lustful". She isn't lustful, she instills lust)
Xurkitree=Greed, as it raids power plants to absorb their electricity
Buzzwole and Kartana=Pride and Wrath, or viceversa. While Buzzwole looks like a bodybuilder and Kartana is a literal katana (remember stories about Muramasa's blood-seeking blades?), their concept arts with Buzzwole wrestling with Pangoro and Kartana acting like an old-fashioned samurai could make it appear this way as well.
Celesteela=Sloth, being the heaviest Pokémon which also gets its nutriment from the soil in a tree-like fashion. And being based on Princess Kaguya, who used to stay at home during her youth, sheltered by her adoptive parents.
Nihilego: Envy. This could be a reference to either Lusamine's obsession with UBs or its codename, which in the Japanese version is flat out "Parasite", reflecting the "mindless" (Nihil ego=No ego, like the conscious part of the psyche) and parasitic behaviour of an envious person, who establishes his or her existence as "having to be better than someone else".

I don't find it forced and, while certainly it wasn't the principal idea in their design, it might have helped GF's creative process.
>>
>>32538970
Not that guy but low blow
>>
>every special group of Pokemon has to have a specific theme basis
you ever thought that maybe they're just super crazy beings from another dimension just cause they are
>>
>>32537822
They're based on invasive species you mong.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.