[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kyurem is the only mascot of the game that is catchable only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: k.png (216KB, 660x539px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
216KB, 660x539px
Kyurem is the only mascot of the game that is catchable only in the post game of its own game

Is it better that way or you'd rather get the mascot of your game in the story?
>>
>kyurem
>bw mascot
>>
>>32537060
Black and White 2 you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>32537060

>what is BW2

I wish they'd stop doing the thing where you're forced to get it. Giratina was a forced encounter, but it wasn't until BW and XY that it really started. BW was awesome in that you had to get the legendary, only it was right at the end of the game, not broken due to shit moveset, and allowed the duel between the truths and ideals.

However, since then they've been trying to redo that thing. It worked better in Sun and Moon than XY at least, thanks to Nebby being an actual "character" as it were.
>>
>>32537065

Actually, I'm gonna go further. I wish they'd stop having legendary mascots.
>>
>>32537047
Depends on said story. In BW, Reshiram and Zekrom were the center of the story, with a fateful battle at the end. You HAD to finish the story with them (otherwise the story will lose its impact)

In BW2, Kyurem was pretty much an antagonist, or a weapon of mass destruction. Catching it wasn't the goal here.
>>
It's better to have them be optional, like GSC and BW2.

In general Pokemon should keep its story elements optional.
>>
>>32537047
I'm just glad that I can KO them instead if I don't want them, but I liked the concept in BW, where truth vs ideals was built up into this final battle thing. Also liked it in Platinum, seeing Giratina come up and break the red chains was god damn TERRIFYING to younger me.
>>
>>32537047
I liked it, it was nice fighting a legendary in the game and not having to spend ages catching it. Having to either catch them or never get them is a bit annoying, being forced to catch them even more so, and being forced to catch use them like the Mega Rayquaza in ORAS is fucking awful.
>>
>>32537095
>seeing Giratina come up and break the red chains was god damn TERRIFYING to younger me
You have to be 18 to post here you little shit. Unless you're saying you were scared of a fucking DS game when you were 10.
>>
>>32537047
Well, they are the version mascot so it makes narrative sense that the point of the campaign is to, as the mc, befriend.it and have an owerppowered friend to take on the league.

Since you can just drop them in boxes I have no issues with you facing them before the credits, but i'd like it more if they weren't forced/easy captures. Also, i'd like it if they stopped being the focus of the plotline. It isn't necesarilly bad per se but it has been overdone. I like how in sun and moon at least nebby was there all along and lusamine/guzma didnt give much of a shit about them.
>>
>>32537065
>beat it
>catch it later
Wow that was hard.
>>
>>32537363
It stays there and it just forces you to battle it again retard.
>>
>>32537132
I'll admit I was a little bitch up until I was twelve.
>>
>>32537363
You can't do that, you literally have to catch it to progress the story.
>>
>>32537132
>Unless you're saying you were scared of a fucking DS game when you were 10.
That sounds 100% possible. Sorry that 10-year-olds aren't hardened, bearded men who aren't afraid of anything.
>>
I prefer it, it makes resetting for it less of a pain.
>>
>>32537065
I was annoyed with this is HGSS
>>
>>32538324
I can't imagine any 10 year old being afraid of a Pokemon game desu
I'd imagine they'd find it badass or some shit you pussified baby.
>>
File: poor_zygarde_by_icaro382-d9t8ma9.png (437KB, 1024x568px) Image search: [Google]
poor_zygarde_by_icaro382-d9t8ma9.png
437KB, 1024x568px
>>32537047
>"At least you have a game"
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.