[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Type Misconceptions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: minions tic tacs.jpg (13KB, 178x283px) Image search: [Google]
minions tic tacs.jpg
13KB, 178x283px
What misconceptions did you have about pokemon types when you were younger? I used to think caterpie was bug/grass, then later bug/normal
>>
I used to think Ghost was weak to Normal and Fighting after Odor Sleuth/Foresight was used on it. Because young me used a Fighting attack on a Sableye after Foresight and didn't realize it was the Dark-type taking the damage.
>>
>>32534858
i had no idea what fucking type the nido line was supposed to be
>>
>>32534858
I still don't know how Fairy types work.
>>
>>32534886
they are weak to poison and steel, but super effective against dragon
>>
>>32534858

I thought pokemon could only have 1 type in gen 1. Kind of blame the anime. I just assumed rock was also immune to electric, I didn't pay too much attention to types, etc.

The first pokemon I realized was two types was chinchao when they blatantly stated it being electric/water in the anime
>>
I thought bite was a normal type move in gen 2
>>
>>32534858
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
I thought water resisted ground/rock, and that steel resisted electric/water. Not sure why I thought that about the latter, I guess I just assumed steel resisted everything when I was little.
>>
>>32534858
Took me the longest time to figure out shuckle and Cradily actually had weaknesses
>Fire right? wait it's not weak to that because of rock
>They're rock types, I'll use grass. Fuck
>ground? no that's neutral too
>bugs and grass don't like flying right? but they're part rock

At this point I'm getting desperate and for some reason so I just defaulted to using ice type attacks on both since it was SE on cradily at least. I never really kept around steel moves in Gen 3-4 and Cradily being grass made me never try water on either of them.
>>
A couple years ago I relearned that Mantine was part Flying-type. I totally forgot that.
>>
File: 1494666103612.png (969KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494666103612.png
969KB, 960x640px
I still partially think suicune is water/ice.
>>
File: 1708003.jpg (656KB, 800x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1708003.jpg
656KB, 800x1136px
Grass type.
>>
Fighting is SE against itself
Ground is weak to Flying
>>
>>32535022
>Ground is weak to Flying
I thought this too.

Also, that Rock is weak to Ice.
>>
>>32534886
Strong against: Dragon, Dark, Fighting
Weak to: Poison, Steel
>>
>>32534858
In my heart Lugia is still a Dragon/Psychic Pokémon.
>>
I used to think Ghost was weak against ground. But that seems fair, considering the only Ghost line in Gen 1 was also Poison.
>>
>>32534858
I started out with the trading cards so I hadn't realized bug, fighting, ground, poison, ice, ghost, etc. were types.

It was really confusing in Gen III with Roxanne followed by Brawly. I assumed water would be SE against his Machop.

Also, when I got back into Pokemon years later, I assumed Empoleon was Ice type, Luxray was Dark, and Lucario was Psychic.
>>
I used to think Golduck was Water/Psychic, and Starmie was just Water. Turns out it's the other way around for whatever fucking reason.
>>
ITT noobs
>>
>>32534858
When I was little I thought Flygon was Bug/Grass.
Getting one in Emerald and seeing it was Dragon/Ground instead fucked me up big time
>>
thought dunsparce was ground/flying for some reason
>>
I always fucked up psychic/dark/ghost effectiveness
I still do, and it only gets worse with dual types
>>
>>32534858
When I started playing, I used to believe fire was strong against electric. Don't remember the reason.

It also took me A LOT of time to figure out bug was super effective against dark.
>>
>>32536370
Same i started out with trading cards too i was unaware of the existance of ground types and ice types until gen 3
>>
File: 220px-Corsola_anime.png (50KB, 220x124px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Corsola_anime.png
50KB, 220x124px
>>32534858
Pure water
>>
>>32534858
i thought caterpie was bug/grass until 4 months ago
>>
File: 324Torkoal.png (176KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
324Torkoal.png
176KB, 431x431px
Only just learned like a month ago that this is a pure fire type. I could have SWORN it was fire/rock
>>
I first saw the hoennmons in a friend's sprite sheet. I thought the Ralts, Gulpin and Electrike lines were grass types, while Surskit was only bug, Slakoth was ground and Groudon was fire.
>>
I can't get Venomoth's typing right. I always thing it's a flying type
>>
>>32534858
I sometimes think ground is weak to bug just because certain bugs burrow
>>
>>32534858
I still forget that Steel is NVE on Steel and isn't NVE on Ground
>>
I used to think rock resists bug because leach life was NVE on geodudes. only later i learned that g1 leach life was normal type.

but seriously, why is bug weak against fight but normal against rock?
>>
I thought Water was weak to Ice because ice freezes water or some shit. Also thought that Water beat Steel since steel rusts when exposed to water and oxygen
>>
>>32534858
I thought Gardevoir was part Grass type and used to spam Blaze Kick against it.
>>
Thought fire was weak to flying because infernape was.
>>
I used to think Ground resisted Fire until like, gen 4
>>
>>32537295
Damn that makes you an idiot, dude.
>>
>>32537831
I didn't know how to read english
>>
>>32537505
? Leech Life is Bug in Gen1, isn't it?

Also Bug isn't weak to Fighting, Fighting just resists it.
>>
>>32537962
bug is weak AGAINST means fight resists it.
>>
I learned Nincada was part ground in Gen 6 when I found it in a ground friend safari.
>>
>>32538207
To be fair he looks like a pure bug type
>>
psyduck isn't psychic
>>
>>32534879
Strong to Dark, Dragon, Fighting
Weak to Poison, Steel
Resists Bug, Dark, Fighting
Resisted by Steel, Poison, Fire.
Immune to Dragon.
>>
>>32534858
I thought when I began with Pokemon that tangela was a seaweed Pokemon type Water/Grass
>>
Used to believe that Fighting resisted Steel
>>
>>32536405
By definition, EVERYONE was a noob at one point.
Even you.
>>
>>32534858
Flying is supereffective against Water because birds eat fish.
>>
Thought that grass resisted fighting because of Bulbasaur
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.