[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you trust them with a mainline Pokemon game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1.png (21KB, 472x128px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
21KB, 472x128px
Would you trust them with a mainline Pokemon game?
>>
>>32534812
i trust anyone more than gamefreak at this point

ubisoft could make some shitty just dance pokemon crossover and it would still be better than sun and moon
>>
>>32534830
If you want a dancing game, just ask ATLUS to hook you up
>>
>>32534842
I don't see that coming any time soon.
>>
>>32534842
>Atlus
>making games
>>
>>32534812
honestly i just want another Colosseum/XD style game but i don't think it's gonna happen
>>
Assuming the guys who did Colosseum and GoD are still around, yes.
They could probably whip up something real good even if they're forced to use Singles, especially now that they have more abilities, moves, Fairy Type, Phys/Spec Split, Megas, Z-Moves and all that shit that wasn't there during Generation 3.
>>
They sorta do, GF absorbed a bunch of their staff for 5th gen IIRC. That's why they only make mobile/eShop games now.
>>
>>32534812
Yes
>>
>>32534812
no, they have failed twice
>>
File: lovrina_3386.png (47KB, 225x313px) Image search: [Google]
lovrina_3386.png
47KB, 225x313px
>>32535145
recently replayed both and honestly had WAY more fun with them than any gen 6 or 7 games. sure, they're a product of their times at this point with how far the battle system has evolved but they felt really fresh a decade or so ago and XD fixed almost everything wrong with Colosseum's story mode and weird level curve. i feel like it's the last time a traditional Pokemon game took risks and really tried to evolve the series past it's basic repetitive formula without trying to oversimplify the game and make it appeal to kiddies accustomed to iphone touchscreen apps
>>
>>32535283
>XD
STOP
>>
>>32535291
XD > GoD
>>
>>32535283
I loved how the "bosses" in Colosseum/GoD used actual fucking strategies. How often does that happen in the main series? Once per game? Even the Battle Tower/Frontier/Mason/whatever tries to kick your ass with sheer numbers or by cheating.

Not to mention how much personality the Pokemon have from the complex attack/damage/fainting animations (and were further amplified in Battle Revolution). In the Gen 6 and Gen 7 games, the models feel so goddamn lifeless. At least 100 of the Pokemon don't even fucking move during their fainting "animations".
>>
Naw. They don't have the time. They are too busy fucking us over at Pokémon Shuffle.
>>
I wouldn't trust anyone but Game Freak with one. Other devs are free to make spin-offs with mainline battle mechanics, though.
>>
>>32536936
i would like to know your reasoning
>>
>>32535043
>XD
>>
>>32534812
No. They're hacks that should stay doing worthless apps.
>>
>>32535313
>flying pokemon's idle animation is them standing or energetically flapping their wings to stay in the air in the GC games
>flying pokemon had a unique animation for when they were flying or bouncing in the GC games
>flying pokemon just fucking hover or glide for no reason in the 3DS games
Now I like the 3ds games a lot, but jesus christ that makes me so mad. Literally can't use Xatu because of that.
>>
>>32534812
The music would be awesome for sure
>>
>>32534830
>pokemon just dance is announced
>it has idol waifus
How does /vp/ react?
>>
>>32537133
>game with pokemon
>implying /vp/ will react with anything but hate
>>
>>32534812
>Using pokémon models from the n64 era in a game cube.
Fuck no, GF is lazy but...
>>
>>32537133
Confused for the most part, then some small segment would get hyped and begin shilling it until they either make a general or become a cancer
>>
>>32534830
>implying you wouldn't dance Meloetta's ED all day
>>
>>32537133
Does Pokemon even have an official rhythm game yet?
>>
>>32537170
>caring about muh grafix

Enjoy your 20 FPS battles.
>>
>>32537170
Those n64 models had more character (and better animations) than the XYSM ones.
>>32537784
Not aside from the few Pokémon songs in HarmoKnight.
>>
>>32534830
>anyone
Fuck Bethesda.
>>
Yes, they made some of the best Pokemon games.
>>
>>32536949
>reddit

XD
>>
>>32537867
This is true. No doubt you will get lots of anons harping on you for talking about "character", but the N64 models have much more personality and livelier animations than the newer models that just stand in one position and blink sometimes.
>>
>>32534812
They'd probably do a way better job than Game Freak tho and aren't as deluded as the old farts that work at GF
>>
>>32534812
Yes, Gale of Darkness was better than gens 6 and 7 combined.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.