[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't played a Pokemon game in a little while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (39KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
39KB, 362x362px
What's the comfiest one I can play?
>>
>>32528436
Any of them as long as you stay off of /vp/.
Personally? I'd recommend pokemon Clover
>>
>>32528436
XY
>>
>>32528436
Fire Red/Leaf Green, Platinum, and Heart Gold/Soul Silver are the comfiest, if you ask me.
>>
>>32528454
This was my first thought and then I'd realized I'd already played them 8 times. But who knows, there's still stuff I haven't done yet so maybe I'll make that 9
>>
>>32528436
Platinum is really comfy. Especially in the post game where you get your own house and hang out with all the gym leaders.
>>
>>32528471
>>32528484
Can confirm, Platinum is the comfiest. I decided to find a Jolly Magikarp in the resort area and I've been getting all the ribbons on it for the past week. It's been really fun and calming.
>>
>>32528493
I haven't played through Platinum yet, so that could be quite fun
>>
>>32528506
If you're too used to XYORAS' speed (and gen 1-3 speed) it'll feel like a slog at times. Just warning you, I went back to it after playing gen 3 and 6 games for a while and it fucked with my head.
>>
File: ecruteak.png (26KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
ecruteak.png
26KB, 256x192px
>>32528436
Gen 4 is pretty comfy, HGSS especially. I'd recommend that.
>>
Pokemon rejuvenation. It's about to get an update that will integrate gen7
>>
I have not played pokemon since I was 10.

How do most people who want to invest a lot of time into an account play these days?

I want to play gen 3 or fire red/leaf green

Is emulator acceptable?
>>
>>32529204
>an account
what?

yeah emulators are fine, I'd say most people play gens 1-4 through emulators
>>
>>32529204
Between the Gen 6 and 7 games, you can catch all the pokemon, save for the event mythical pokemon, like Mew and Celebi.

If you just want to play pokemon, get one of those.
If you want to get hardcore into it, you want to get a few from each gen as far back as gen 3, the GBA games.
Through one way or another, you can send a pokemon from RSE and FRLG to Sun and Moon.
>>
Platinum, HGSS and B2W2 are probably the comfiest.
>>
>>32529445
Platinum isnt comfy
>>
>>32529448
>large region
>day/night tracks everywhere
>contests
>poffins
>underground
>battle frontier
>>
File: vDYFxAF.png (98KB, 643x476px) Image search: [Google]
vDYFxAF.png
98KB, 643x476px
Saying any other game is more comfy than HG/SS is a boldfaced lie.
>>
File: 1_500.gif (86KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1_500.gif
86KB, 500x372px
>>32529448
>I haven't played platinum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8p2dQRdXzA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgPJ3Tf1EC8
https://www.youtube.com/watchv=pQXMVdTMMOc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUZAZt4jAHQ
>>
>>32528436
I'd say Black and White 2 or any Hoenn game.
Seasons are magnificent as is the music for areas like village bridge. Nothing can beat making a secret base either especially with all of the variety in location and decoration.
>>
>>32529453
Oh so you mean Emerald is the comfiest.
>>
Pokemon Sun & Moon catch a Comfey and you'll be comfy!
>>
Comfiest?
I dunno, Pokepark?
>>
File: 1098676234523.jpg (456KB, 1500x1338px) Image search: [Google]
1098676234523.jpg
456KB, 1500x1338px
>>32528436
In terms of being comfy every suggestion that isn't pic related or its sequels is wrong.
>>
>>32528436
I'd say XY. Even with no post-game, the main game has some nice towns and routes, making it feel really comfy.
>>
How comfy can you be with violence and mayhem at every corner?
>>
>>32528436
GSC or HGSS if you have them.
>>
>>32528436
Sun, FireRed and SoulSilver are the comfiest, /v/girl. Try those.
>>
>>32530797
>/v/girl
>girl
I-i'm unfortunately not a girl anon
>>
>>32528436
HG/SS. Platinum is fucking amazingly comfy. FR/LG are too, but only if you like the Sevii Islands as much as I do.
>>
Platinum and HG/SS are imo the comfiest (Platinum in an atmospheric way and HGSS in a sentimental way, if that makes sense)

The post-game for Platinum is small besides Battle Frontier and Stark but there's a lot of coziness with the resort, and HGSS has probably the best postgame in any Pokemon game
>>
>>32529720
>day/night tracks
>poffins
>>>underground

Emerald gives off a warm, pleasant feeling, but I'd argue it's more exciting and adventurous than it is kick-back and comfy. Even in the final battles, Platinum always has that 'you got this' feeling (except maybe some of Cynthia's team fuck that noise)
>>
>>32532360
>HGSS has probably the best postgame in any Pokemon game
it only has the copy pasted frontier
>>
>>32529204
If you want to relearn how to play the games, go through FR/LG's main story (hit the shoulder buttons for help.)
If you know the basics and want a pretty easy challenge, X/Y is there for that.
If you want to invest hella time in the games, either go through XY and train a competitive team or do as much shit as you can in Sun/Moon.
>>
>>32532397
Technically Kanto and the legendaries?
>>
Comfiness Pokemon tier list in terms of game mood and difficulty (but mostly game mood)

Mac DeMarco-core
Platinum

Swell-time-core
HeartGold/SoulSilver
Diamond/Pearl
RBY (mostly due to sentimental value)

Breeze-core
X/Y
OR/AS
GSC

Slightly tense-core
S/M
FR/LG
RSE
B2W2

Clench-core
B/W

make ur own, r8 h8 all that shit
>>
>>32532383
This matches my sentiments regarding gen 3 and 4 exactly.
>>
>>32529720
Half of the things in that list aren't in Emerald.
>>
>>32530385
This was one of the best games i played in my life
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.