[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle Tree hate thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1739.jpg (36KB, 751x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1739.jpg
36KB, 751x549px
>go to Battle Tree
>wanna get BP so I can get all mega stones
>go in super singles
>doing freakin amazing
>get to opponent #39
>beat the 2 Pokémon he has
>he has a Dusknoir
>"okay, no problem, one Swords Dance and Shadow Claw and he's down"
>I use Swords Dance
>he uses Double Team
>I use Shadow Claw, it misses
>Uses Toxic on me
>trying to hit this bastard with Shadow Claw
>keep missing
>now it's using protect
>boiling rage intensifies and now want to throw my DS across the room
>still using Shadow Claw, still missing all my hits
>Mimikyu goes down
>last Pokémon is Metagross
>mega evolve it
>use Meteor Mash, critical hit, but it lives
>its leftovers activates
>uses Will-O-Wisp
>continues with the bullcrap strategy of Double Team and Protect, wearing down my Metagross with the leftovers and Pressure ability
>rage is building up because of this bullcrap strategy
>Mega Metagross on the brink of fainting
>forfeit because my stubbornness and refusal to lose
>mfw some bastard at GF actually thought this was a good idea
>>
>Doubles
>43rd battle
>both down to last two Pokemon
>Palossand and Mega Lucario for me, Walrein and Tentacruel for opponent
>already know Tentacruel is Surf Protect Toxic
>Walrein comes out
>"oh good stockpile resto chesto for the fourth time this run. Lets just kill Tentacruel first"
>Tentacruel Protects
>Walrein used Fissure
>"ok"
>Lucario dead
>"ok"
>Tentacruel literally does no damage to Palossand except for Toxic
>Toxic Walrein and spam Earth Power on it
>Walrein proceeds to spam Sheer Cold and Fissure until hitting one the turn before it would have died

The biggest bullshit I was doing so well
>>
>>32526177
You poor soul...I feel your pain, brother...it was the biggest bullcrap ever, I did amazing until that bastard of Dusknoir started its bullcrap strategy on me
>>
>>32526177
Had my Drapion lived to hit that Dusknoir with Knock Off, I probably would have knocked it out when my Metagross came out and mega evolved, that critical hit took at least 2/3 of its maximum HP
>>
>>32526106
>Battle 49
>opponent leads with Pinsir, I lead Salamence
>>Okay, I'll just Mega Evolve and kill it with Double-Edge and-
>Pinsir used Guillotine!
>tfw I had nothing faster than a Choice Scarf Pinsir on my team
>tfw the battle ended in exactly three turns
>>
>>32526746
Dang son, that's just horrible...I probably would have destroyed my room if that was me
>>
I demand videos
>>
>>32526746
Wait...how did Guillotine land if it has an accuracy of 30?
>>
>>32526765
I don't have one but I wouldn't come here and make crap up with precise details about a Dusknoir that used a bullcrap cheap strategy
>>
>>32526768
In these bullshit facilities it's accuracy would be closer to 90-95%
>>
>>32526768
The AI cheats anon
>>
>>32526746
bad luck
>>
>>32526779
No I just want crushing defeat videos in general
>>
>>32526768
Are you implying that 30% accurate moves cannot hit?
>>
>>32526753
I checked the Serebii listing for the trainer I was facing before making my move, so I sorta saw it coming. I was hoping that it wouldn't be the Scarf Guillotine set and instead the Mega Pinsir set, which it also could've been, but luck was not with me that day.
>>32526768
Because the Battle Tree was using it against me.
Not only that, it hit all three times in a row. It's a 2.7% chance and I hit it.
Though earlier I had seen some OHKO moves miss multiple times in a row so it's not like you're fucked every single time.
>>
>>32526768
Always expect the worst outcome
>>
>>32526790
Yeah figures, I manage to get hit with Blizzard twice in a row
>>32526790
Figures...I lead with Drapion because of how fed up I was with the cheat strategies and items that come with these cheaters
>>32526792
You got that right! I didn't think I'd lose the way I did, I felt pissed and annoyed and I remembered some idiot at GF thought this was a great idea
>>
>>32526799
Don't got any, I never record>>32526801
Well...I have Meteor Mash with a higher accuracy but I managed to miss some times when it wasn't the Dusknoir, but it's Battle Tree so I can't really be shocked
>>32526805
I do, that's why I lead with a Knock Off user just in case I get a Pokémon that may have an item equipped to beat me, so I can cripple it
>>
>>32526106
Yeah I always just hack my way through the battle facilities nowadays. I don't really want to play against the RNG.
>>
So what are your teams for singles and doubles anyway?
>>
>>32526872
I'll get to the specifics in case anyone wants to try it
This is singles
1st Pokémon
Drapion
4 IV's to HP, Attack, Sp.Atk, Speed with a Jolly nature and 252 EV's to Speed and Attack
Held Item is Life Orb and ability is Sniper
Moveset:
Poison Jab
Cross Poison
Night Slash
Knock Off

Mimikyu with Adamant nature and Wide Lens, 252 EV's to Attack and Speed, no perfect IV's (they're not at 0 but they're not at 31 either)
Moveset
Play Rough
Shadow Claw
Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance

Pro-tip: if Mimikyu is faster, use SD, if opponent uses status move use SD again, Mimikyu sweeps when you do so and it helped me get to #39 on super Singles

Metagross with Metagrossite, Jolly nature, 31 IV's to Attack, Sp.Def, and Speed with 252 EV's to Attack and Speed with 4 to Defense
Moveset
Giga Impact
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Bullet Punch
>>
>>32526177
>>32526746
>Getting your shit pushed by OHKO
Always have a plan for these and accuracy fuckery, you can't beat RNG but you can prepare yourself for it
>>
>>32526106
So, this is why Smogon banned evasion moves.
>>
>>32526939
Next time I'm bringing an Aegislash and running Substitute over EQ on Salamence. There's nothing in the Battle Tree that runs Scarf Sheer Cold, so between those two I should be able to stall out any OHKO spammers, boost Salamence to +6, Mega Evolve it, and win.
>>
>>32526872
Doubles now
Aerodactyl with Aerodactylite
Jolly nature, 252 EV's to Attack and Speed, 31 IV's to HP, Attack, Defense, Speed
Moveset
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Thunder Fang
Sky Drop

Dragonite with Multiscale, Yache Berry, Adamant nature, 31 IV's to HP, Attack, Defense, Speed with 252 EV's to Attack. (Not sure how many went to Sp. Defense and Speed, I got it in a trade and it's not exactly the amount typically given, unsure of the rest)
Moveset
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
ExtremeSpeed
Dragon Dance

Tyranitar: Adamant nature, 31 IV's to Attack, Sp.Atk, Sp. Defense, Speed. 252 EV's to Attack and Speed, held item is a Focus Sash and ability is Sand Stream
Moveset
Earthquake
Crunch
Rock Slide
Dragon Dance

Stoutland: Hasty nature, Assault Vest, 252 EV's to Attack and Speed. 31 IV's to HP, hyper trained IV's to Speed, can't remember the other, I'm assuming it's Defense (sorry) ability is Sand Rush
Moveset
Giga Impact
Play Rough
Facade
Reversal
>>
protip: always have at least 1 ohko move as a last resort, its saved me more times than i can count
>>
>>32526924
why does drapion have two poison and two dark moves?
>>
File: Colress.gif (13KB, 61x79px) Image search: [Google]
Colress.gif
13KB, 61x79px
>>32526987
>>
>>32527089
I wanted to be completely offensive with Attacks, he's set up to be an all-out attacker with no status moves, sounds preposterous but I wanted him to be all out and physical, plus, STAB. It's worked incredibly well though and with Sniper with Life Orb, he does some serious damage and critical hits are likely
>>
>>32526106
Always have a Z move in your team to prevent you from losing to a pokemon using double team or minimize, Z moves can't miss.
>>
>>32527166
Never used any z-moves through my singles/doubles/multis run. I got much more mileage out of items desu
>>
>40
>Wally's M-Gallade outdamages my M-Blastoise, one shots my Hydreigon and Cinccino

Ah well, I just need to give it another swing.
>>
>>32527166
I've tried it a few times and I get some luck, I'll try something with a Z-Move though if I come up with a better strategy. Also, I read this earlier and this was new to me, in Multi battles, how do I scout for a trainer? Is it an AI trainer or no? Someone fill me in cuz I'm clueless with this one detail
>>
>>32527186
Intimidate is your friend...no seriously.
>>
File: Pain.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Pain.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>32527200
Scoult multis partners during your super singles and doubles run.
AI partner

It hell...It's pure fucking hell since you're at the mercy of your cpu partner's competence and rng.
>>
>>32527186
That freakin M-Gallade KO'd my Charizard-X with 2 Rock Slides because of that flinch garbage. And he was my tenth opponent, pissed me off
>>
>>32526924
>Giga Impact
>ever
Shit son, get yourself Earthquake or Hammer Arm or something on that shit. And running three Physical attackers is just asking to get memed on by one of the two hazard stacking Skarmory sets. Or Burn spam.
>>
>>32527221
It is hell, especially when your AI partner can't fight to save your hide
>>
File: 1322591579316.png (770KB, 970x711px) Image search: [Google]
1322591579316.png
770KB, 970x711px
>go against the black guy in the singles battle tree
>mega kangaskhan sweeps my team every fucking time
I cant really fit a counter to him onto my team without creating an entirely new team. Hes the only trainer I ever have trouble with
>>
>>32527227
I'm typically a Physical attacker but that was my absolute best, I'm not a fan of Hammer Arm because of the speed stat drop, I debated Earthquake but I wanted to take advantage of the Tough Claws ability
>>
File: sanic eating a cheeseburger.png (528KB, 1000x751px) Image search: [Google]
sanic eating a cheeseburger.png
528KB, 1000x751px
>>32527225
No bully rock slide flinch hax. That junk gave me so many cheap wins.
>>
Every time I lead off with something like Salamence or Garchomp, the game loves to throw mono Ice teams at me like candy
>>
>>32527280
YOU TOO?! I used to go on doubles with Garchomp, mega evolve him and I A L W A Y S had an opponent with an Ice type move and take me out before I could get a KO
>>
>>32527280
>ice type or water type appears
>switch to primarina

>get frozen
>press scald
Easy
>>
>>32527257
You're really going to want something to deal with enemy Steel-types. Curse Ferrothorn devastates your team if Drapion doesn't get that lucky crit.
>>32527297
You could run Fini and not have to worry about activating Storm Drain/Water Absorb/Dry Skin on something.
>>
File: 1494678597495.jpg (84KB, 1078x810px) Image search: [Google]
1494678597495.jpg
84KB, 1078x810px
>>32527368
>giving up life orb koko
>not making use of primarina's special attack stat and assault vest

Anon u funny
>>
>>32527368
I have Mimikyu with some good stats and he's won close to 30 matches as the final attacker. He really works well once you set up with Swords Dance
>>
>>32527384
You my good sir just gave me a good idea with Primarina
>>
File: 1263967563873.jpg (281KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1263967563873.jpg
281KB, 500x500px
>beat all formats with meme teams, record for proof
>gamefreak disables all old videos with the new patch
>>
>>32527384
>>giving up life orb koko
You could always run both, at least in singles. Koko is another sweeper to complement the lead dragon, CM Fini is a decent wincon when all else fails, and together their only shared weakness is lolPoison. Each one sets their respective terrain on the switch, so it's nice if you want to reset the counter for some reason.
Nice call on AV Primarina though.
>>
>>32527396
Anon that's was one of the most common ideas during the battle tree threads. Primarina puts in work.
>>
>>32527428
It's never come to mind honestly, but I'll try it out though and take your word on Primarina, I just need to get the nature and IV's
>>
>>32527427
Nah I already finished the tree. It it ain't broke don't fix it.
>>
Found a post I was looking for.
>>31762481
>>
>>32526768
Nigga; you new here?
>>
File: IMG_0408.jpg (8KB, 187x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0408.jpg
8KB, 187x216px
>playing super singles
>guy sends out starmie against my garchomp
>decide just to use outrage to see if it can get a hit in before chomp faints
>"Starmie used Reflect Type!"
i thought this was supposed to be hard
>>
>>32529153
The AI is giving you a false sense of security
>>
>>32526106
It's the Battle Tower but can i still bitch about it?

>fight 43 in the battle tower, Emerald
>using Banded Metagross/Ttar/Milotic
>get to the biggest piece of shit i've ever fought
>sends out Snorlax, its Quick Claw constantly activating
>Metagross takes it out, barely surviving
>they send out the worst pokemon to find, Walrein
>Meteor Mash doesn't kill
>kills Metagross
>send out Milotic, because it'd kill Ttar
>all it needs to do is land Surf and Walrein will die
>it misses
>get killed, because i needed to use Milotic to help take down the Snorlax
>only Ttar is left
>Somehow manage to kill it, mostly due to the sandstorm
>sends out Vaporeon
>uses either Surf or Hydro Pump, i forget which
>live on 4HP
>crit with Tbolt
>doesnt paralyze or kill
>lose
>all because of Brightpowder and Quick Claw

Needless to say, i now understand why GF says hardly anybody does this shit, because the giant streak focus and the prospect of losing 5+ hours in 5 minutes is probably one of the most infuriating things in any game, ever.
>>
>>32529153
I fought a Starmie exactly like that, I sent out my Mimikyu and it used that after I used Shadow Sneak and I manage to KO it in 2 hits
>>
>>32526177
>see Walrein at top of story
>already know how this ends

I'm sorry, anon
>>
>>32530900
>tfw you were never hax'd by ohko mon in the tree.

Those rotoms though...
>>
>>32531006
I see those Rotoms and take them out ASAP, seeing as how many had double team, I always aim for them before I aim for others
>>
Facilities need checkpoints so that you don't lose 10+ hours of progress. Stadium/Colo gave you continues for having perfect wins, why'd they drop that?
>>
>quick claw activated!
>>
>>32532113
>pokemon has fake out and focus sash or fake out and fling kings rock
>>
>>32532165
Those fake out/fling users drive me insane. Seriously, who's the idiot at GF that thought this was a good idea and what reasons are there for them to not be fired?
>>
>>32526106
>forfeit because my stubbornness and refusal to lose
>I still see a healthy metagross on my side
>>
>>32526106
>>32529237

Just use aerial ace bro

>>32526177
>>32526746

Just use a sturdy mon bro
>>
>>32532881
oh yes i'll use aerial ace and get a guaranteed 5 hit KO while the enemy Surf/Sheer Colds my ass into oblivion
>>
I just use the 4 Tapus, and the only people I fight every 10 battles are Grimsly or Wally.
>>
>>32532858
It was one turn away from fainting because of the burn effect, it wasn't healthy
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.