[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retcon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Pokedex_FRLG.png (452KB, 828x880px) Image search: [Google]
Pokedex_FRLG.png
452KB, 828x880px
Things you would RETCON.

Since the previous thread has been closed for no reason, let's talk about it again.

If you have the chance to do it, what would you retcon in Pokémon games and mechanics?

In the previous thread we were talking about changing the Nat Dex numbers:
I'd say that I kinda agree. They could even introduce a "Global Pokédex" that puts together all the evolutionary families.

eg: put Pichu before Pikachu, put Steelix after Onix, and so on.

What do you think?
>>
Retcon megas into legit evos.

Fuck eviolite as well. I don't care about how it's fuck up the competitive scene
>>
>>32522475

I agree so much. I'd love Mega Mawile to be a normal evolution.
>>
>>32522464
Make pokemon to forceevolve by stones.
Give all trade items effects.
Make memories one item
Make each pokemon truly unique creature
Give legenaries uniqe op abilities. Of course more important would get better.
Protect becomes Evade.
Give Bigger mons less speed when evolving.
Natures influence on battles more instead of giving stat booosts.
For example lazy mon would have more hp. Had chance to know rest naturally and attack less freqently.
Brave mon would have boosted stats but often would try to protect weaker friends in battle
>>
People who want to retcon things.
>>
>>32522464
>change RKS System to Multitype
>Ash Greninja is just a Mega now
>Ash is the only person capable of Mega Evolution without a stone, so the overall anime storyline is barely changed at all
>change Mossy Rock/Icy Rock requirements for Leafeon/Glaceon into Leaf Stone and Ice Stone
>change Affection requirement for Sylveon into Friendship, keep the Fairy move requirement
>change Pokemon Amie and Refresh so they increase Friendship, remove Affection completely
>change all the Affection bonuses to be affected by Friendship instead
>change Hippowdon's model so that it's covered in sand again
>make Flying Pokemon flap their goddamn wings every now and again so they don't just float there
>>
>>32522509
>Make each pokemon truly unique creature

What do you mean?
>>
>>32522464
NidoranF and NidoranM as well Volbeat and Illumise are combined into one Pokemon
-Gender differences
-Meowstic's moveset
-Both have separate dex entries, like they did with form differences and Megas in Sun and Moon
-Nidoran now has branched evolution dependent on gender, like Burmy
>>32522509
>nature influence on battles more
What if Natures do something
Brave could be in-built Inner Focus
Modest is immune to Taunt, Torment, etc.
Rash is like Hustle wait Rash is +SpA -SpD
>>
File: sanji.png (15KB, 229x157px) Image search: [Google]
sanji.png
15KB, 229x157px
Hmm...
Leafeon/Crabominable = Leaf Stone
Gleaceon = Ice Stone
Magnezone/Probopass/Vikavolt = Thunder Stone
Nidoqueen is no longer randomly sterile

>giving natures innate abilities

No good will come from this
>>
>>32522523
I wouldn't give Nidoran and Illumise/Volbeat the same treatment, since the latters have different names. They just need a common pre-evo
>>
>>32522535
>Crabominable
>leaf stone
>>
>>32522545
T-That's for the tropical grass fighting version we'll get in the future.
>>
Based on lore then i'd make 10% Zygarde the same as Hoopa-Unbound. It is available for a certain amount of time and then you'll have to assemble it again since that specific form isn't stable as mentioned by the dex entries.

Zygarde 50% is fine as it is and Perfect Zygarde would get retconned into just another changeable form with the Zygarde cube and keep Aura Break. So that it finally can put a somewhat fair fight against Xerneas.

Not really a retcon maybe moreso gameplay related, but seeing Pokemon evolve mid-battle would be sick and epic tho
>>
>>32522517
Making each pokemon usefull somehow. 80 % pokemon would be better if they could do what is said they can in lore and dex
>>
>>32522509
>Protect becomes evade
Isn't that what Detect is supposed to be? in comparison protect seems to be a literal forceshield mons create
>>
>Rework Carnivine's stats and make into an alt evo of Weepinbell
It'd be just like Bellossom -- departure from original design, lose Poison type

Otherwise, there's nothing else I'd retcon.
>>
Male protagonists.

>>32522512
And this. So myself as well.
>>
>Trainer customization to involve older character models
>Gyms based on egg groups, trainer classes, a stat or other such things
>Things like EVs IVs and Abilities are all visible and somewhat changeable
>Fix obvious mistakes like nidorina/queen not breeding and kangaskhan hatching with a baby in its pouch (those things just bug me)
>Old features return like Pokegear/nav for rematches and such
>Every game must have an evil team, could we not fight against a natural disaster or live in a region that has just suffered one??
>starter pokemon, in the sense that we could maybe become a trainer, get a badge or two, then be given a pokedex and "starter" if we want it
>running shoes, walk/run setting would be better, hold b to walk if set to run and vice versa
>>
Agree with OP that the national dex needs to be reorganised.

More signature moves for various pokemon, ideally each evolutionary line would have a decent move or attack that's unique to it and plays to the line's key strengths.

More resistances for ice types, ideally it would resist dragon as well as water.

Change the fairy type's dragon immunity into a resistance instead.

Add in reliable STAB moves, both physical and special, with good distribution for types that don't have them, eg. a physical rock move with decent power and 100 accuracy, a special fighting attack that doesn't have shitty accuracy etc.

Cap stealth rock damage at 25%.

Either adjust or remove Eviolite.

Remove the random chance to not move when a poke is inflicted with paralysis.

Take evasion-boosting moves and abilities out of the game. Leave in accuracy-lowering attacks, but reduce the effect that each stage reduction has.

Rework Z-moves so that there's different variants of the moves with different names and animations depending on whether the base attack was physical or special. If you use it in conjunction with lower-power moves that have special effects, the Z-move also has that effect, but the effect is increased if it's a guarantee and if it's a percentage chance then the effect is a guarantee instead. For example, Z-power-up-punch would boost your attack by two or three stages instead of just one, while Z-iron head would be a certain flinch. If you use a Z-priority move the Z-attack would have priority that works in the same way.
>>
What would you think of Eevee evolving this way:

Water Stone > Vaporeon
Fire Stone > Flareon
Thunder Stone > Jolteon
Sun Stone > Espeon
Moon Stone > Umbreon
Leaf Stone > Leafeon
Ice Stone > Glaceon
Shiny Stone > Sylveon
>>
>>32523394
Personaly I think eevee SHOULD evolve into umbreon and espeon and Sylveon just like it does now. They evolve to match the trainer.
>>
>>32522567
t. Mega evolution
>>
>>32522464
Feebas evolves via Amie or friendship
Nidorans are jus one Pokemon the evolutions are still separate
>>
>>32523406
Intention was normal evolutions that evolve by level up or close to areas that allow specific 'mons to evolve etc, not megas
>>
File: Qualities of Pokemon.png (311KB, 906x521px) Image search: [Google]
Qualities of Pokemon.png
311KB, 906x521px
>>32522464
Completely change how typing and abilities work. Pic related
>>
>>32522475
mawile, sableye, slowbro would work

but charizard, mewtwo, lucario fuck no

....also i want train a baby kangha
>>
>>32522464
Retcon megas out of existence while fixing a few to pass them as proper evos (like Mega Sableye or Mawile).
Retcon Alola form out of existence but A-Exeggutor, which is now its new evolution (Bst 590)
Retcon z-moves "lore", names and dancing.
Retcon some ability and evolutionary methods.
Retcon dex order.
Change breeding, semplify it and retcon incenses' usage. Now every pokemon breeds its smaller form.
Also retcon some plots.
Switch 7th gym town and 8th gym town positions in XY.
There, I saved the franchise.
>>
>>32522464
Trade evolutions are gone forever.
>>
>>32522464
I would keep it as an option, but not a retcon. Having things sorted by region is the best way to go, having evolutionary families next to each other would cause all sorts of fuckery.
>>
>>32522464
just a bunch of autistic request:

not all pokemon are original to its respective region, as exeguttor
volbeat and illumise are now bug/electric and bug/fairy
baby pokemon appear in wild in first part of the game, also not need incenses for obtain one in daycare
not more important NPC with a fucking lucario in his/her team
Legendaries have gender as Latios and Latias
Rotom dex is a playable pokemon electric/normal
regions as guyana, orre, tiksi are cannon, just as lore
fossil mons after of a time in you team lost its rock type
change the gender rate of starters
finally made to nidoqueen a mother
>>
Things I would retcon is that every Pokemon found in the wild in a different region has a different type and appearance, like the Alolan forms but on a much wider scale. If you want the original form, you have to get it from the region it was introduced from. Cross breeding two of the same Pokemon but from different regions can give their offspring "genes". They may appear to be one form by appearance, but they can breed an alternate form if one of their parents passed off that "gene" to them.
>>
>>32525438
but its for socialization, for you to gout and make a newfriend, anon why don't you have friends?
>>
>>32525745
Not that anon, but trade evolutions are basically pointless now with the introduction of the GTS, and trade evolutions add an annoyance once when the generation has gone and passed, but you want to do another playthrough. There's been several times where I wanted to have a Gengar on my team when replaying Kanto, but none of my friends own the game anymore.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.