[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red, Blue and Yellow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: Gen 1 games.png (29KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 1 games.png
29KB, 320x288px
Which is the better version?
>>
Green
>>
Purple
>>
Blorange
>>
>>32518610
Everyone that plays Yellow has the same team:
>Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, HM Slave and maybe a last one a bit more interesting
Also, while Yellow updated the front sprites, the backsprites still are the same, I prefer the consistency of Red/Blue instead of the half mixed thing of Yellow.
>>
Green
>>
>>32518610
Yellow seem the best because you can have all the three starters in-game, you have a Pokémon following you outside of its Poké Ball, and there is a minigame if your Pikachu starter knows Surf (in VC Yellow Surf is not needed), but people often bashes it because it is based on the Ashnime and the Ashnime is "pretty" different from the games.

Then I'll go for Red because most of the version exclusives are better than tgose of Blue:

Arbok < Sandslash
Vileplume > Victreebel
Primeape < Persian
Arcanine > Ninetales
Scyther > Pinsir
Electabuzz > Magmar
>>
>>32518610
Yellow.
It has Pikachu true's cry.
>>
>>32518610
Red++
>>
Red. Because Vileplume and Arcanine, boys.
>>
File: 1466730801559.jpg (17KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1466730801559.jpg
17KB, 680x383px
>>32518619
Green is best version
>>
>>32518610
Yellow duh.Following Pikachu,improved colors and some improved sprites
>>
File: Jiggs (1).jpg (52KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Jiggs (1).jpg
52KB, 400x240px
>>32518610
All of them!
>>
Yellow, The addition of Jessie and James to the main story was a nice touch. It made me a little sad they were left out in the remakes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D8KD7wOhF4
>>
>>32519408
>not red++
>>
yellow but without the starters
>>
FireRed
>>
>>32518665
The back sprites are actually from Red/Green.

Our Red/Blue uses the sprites from Jap Blue.

But all of them still have the original set of back sprites.
>>
>>32518610
literally the same games but tweaked very slightly
>>
>>32518610
Prism
>>
>>32518610

Blue is better than Red. Red just gives you yet more Poison types (Weedle is more common, Ekans instead of Sandshrew) while Blue makes the superior Butterfree more common and gives you crit Slash Sandslash and Persian. Also Victreebel is and always will be cooler than Vileplume. Nobody gives a shit about Magmar vs Electabuzz in the original games as they both appear so late anyway, while Arcanine wasn't that good yet and Ninetales had more Special offensive power than it does now. Scyther vs Pinsir is laughable, neither are really used often in RBY. I suppose Primeape is there in Red, but you're more likely using it in Yellow where it's earlier and gets Low Kick by level.

Yellow is kind of a different beast to some extent. It did make movepools a bit better, like Fly Charizard, Butterfree getting Confusion immediately, and Thunderbolt Pika.
>>
>>32518665
Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pidgeot and Mew for me.
>>
>>32523289
Pretty much this.

Just like typical D/P usually runs (Starter), HM Slave (usually Bibarel), Staraptor, Garchomp, Luxray, Lucario
>>
>>32518665
>he doesn't use Ash's Kanto team in Pokémon Yellow
>>
>>32523297

It's even worse in XY. At least DP and Yellow have small dexes. So many people in XY, even Nuzlocking, just go Starter/Kanto Mega Starter/Lucario/Lapras/Fossil/some other Gen 1 Pokemon or the event Blaziken back in 2013. You have a dex of 450 mons and you're using the same mons as everyone else and aren't willing to try something new, fuck off.
>>
Japanese Pokemon Yellow
>>
>>32518702
>Vileplume > Victreebel
Not in gen 1 boi.
>>
FireRed
>>
>>32518665
I boxed my Pikachu because I despise the fucker. If I could have evolved it would have let it stay
>>
>>32527697
Refuse my thunderstone will you? Put that smug bastard in the box. I still feel a little bad about it though. Had max friendship :(
>>
>>32518610
>Not posting the superior versions
>>
>>32529373
Max friendship means jack shit when you can just use a potion on him at full health.
>>
>>32523297
Gible is out of the way, I think most people would settle for a Gastrodon on a DP run instead

>>32524981
No point on a random nuzlocke if they use only pokemon given to them
>>
>>32527697
>he didn't use a code to replace Pikacrap with Jolteon or Electabuzz
>>
>>32518610
Yellow
Red
Blue

In order

Next is

Gold
Crystal
Silver

After that its
Heart gold
Fire red
Soul silver

Lore wise it's
Yellow
Heart gold
Fire red
>>
>>32518665
>Raichu
>Sandslash
>Venusaur
>Charizard
>Snorlax
>Starmie

Well, you got two of them right.
>>
>>32518610
Yellow because of better sprites and you can get all starters.
>>
>>32518665
Venusaur, Golem, Alakazam, Dragonite, Lapras and Jolteon
>>
>>32518665
Wrong, my team was Charizard, Nidoking, Dugtrio, Gyarados, Snorlax and Zapdos.
>>
File: IMG_8jrxaf.png (97KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8jrxaf.png
97KB, 500x500px
>>32518665
>Pikachu, Cloyster, Farfetch, Mew, Beedrill, Porygon ;)
>>
>>32518665
Jolteon, Snorlax, Slowbro, Exeggcutor, Alakazam, Dragonite.

Get rekt nigga
>>
>>32518665
This is bullshit. I play Yellow over the other two just for the better sprites/colors.

My team is:
Jolteon, Dodrio, Rhydon, Cloyster, Vileplume, and Alakazam.

Mew functions as an HM Slave for Cut, Flash, Fly, and Strength. Cloyster knows Surf. Dodrio doesn't know Fly because Drill Peck is better.
>>
>>32530089
Actually I bounce between Vileplume and Victreebel.

Victreebel IS better, but I like Vileplume much more.
>>
Yellow is BY FAR the worst one. Nintendo became a slave or whateaver you would call this situation.

Whats next, gi joe toys of the gi joe movie? my little pony toys of the mlp cartoon? Street fighter game based at the movie? Mortal kombat game based at the movie? Spiderman comic based at the movie?
>>
>>32518665

>Implying I don't box Pikachu in favour of Jolteon.
>Implying I don't mainly solo the game with a level 100 Nikoking since gen 1 is ass and only worth playing for Sheer Force Body Slam Tauros and HA legendaries.

What are the odds of a gen 1 import having HP Ice or Grass? My first playthroughs imports of Moltres and Zapdos got HP Ice on the former and Grass on the latter when I wanted it the other way.
>>
>>32529447
You can do that?
>>
English Blue or Japanese blue
That because they have meowth
and thats because meowth can learn payday without tm
>>
>>32530506
>literally the same game with a new NPC that's both Jessie and James

But to answer your question, OP. It's Gween.
>>
>>32518665
Are you sure? I remember at least two of the starters you are given are painfully under-leveled when you get them. I can't imagine the average person putting up with that shit when you got stuff like Nidoking close at hand.
>>
>>32518665
>while Yellow updated the front sprites, the backsprites still are the same
That applies to our Red/Blue too. They have updated front sprites but the shitty back sprites from the original Red/Green.
>>
>>32529387
Fine, Gastrodon in DP, Garchomp in Pt.
>>
>>32518665
I used Charizard as my HM Slave, and dumped that useless Pikachu the moment it fucked Misty.
>>
>>32530640
You do get charmander low, but also right next to a shitload of bellsprout and oddish that it can easily level up on.
>>
>>32518665
Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Primeape, Dugtrio, Pidgeot
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.