[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which legendaries are unique and which ones are just rare?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: c.jpg (659KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
659KB, 1500x1000px
Which legendaries are unique and which ones are just rare?
>>
>>32518458
Only the legendaries without shinies are unique. Without a base coloring for reference, you can't have a rare color
>>
>>32518458
none are unique except maybe arceus.
>>
File: legendary pokemon 2.jpg (175KB, 900x673px) Image search: [Google]
legendary pokemon 2.jpg
175KB, 900x673px
>>32518458
Legendares that govern a certain aspect of the universe such as Dialga/Palkia (time/space), Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza (weather), Xerneas/Yveltal (life/death), the Tapus etc. are unique

"Psuedo legendaries" are just Pokemon that are extremely rare or near extinction (Shaymin, Rotom, Heatran, Victini, etc.)
>>
>>32518473
Except all of them already have shinies
>>
Pretty sure heatran is considered a rare. Not sure about the others.
>>
>>32518530
bait post
>>
The birds are likely not unique since they also appear in kalos.
Mewtwo clearly isn't unique, but mew probably is.
The beasts are unique. Lugia isn't unique, so h-oh might not be unique either but there's no proof for that.
Celebi probably isn't unqiue.
The weather trio is unique.
Lati@s isn't unique.
Deoxys isnt unique.
Jirachi is probably unique.
The Regis are unique.
We know the creation trio aren't unique because arceus makes one of them into an egg in HGSS.
The lake spirits are unique.
Arceus is unique.
I feel like darkrai and cresselia aren't unique, but there's no proof to that, at least none I can remember.
Regi is unique.
Manaphy and phione aren't unique.
Shaymin isn't unique.
Heatran isn't unique.
The tao trio is unique.
Victini probably isn't unique but I don't remember the lore of it.
I think the sword quad is unique but I don't remember their lore either.
Genies are unique.
Meloetta probably isn't unique, but don't remember it's lore.
Genesect isn't unique.
Aura trio unique.
Tapus arent unique in the sense that they can be replaced; there may not be multiple of them at a time but they can be replaced I'd think.
Cosmog line and UBs aren't unique.
Unsure about necrozma.
>>
>>32518473
So only zygarde?
>>
>>32518639
>Deoxys isnt unique.
Wat
>>
>>32518639
Beasts and Genies AREN'T unique. They're used by battle facility heads.
>>
>>32518458
Legendaries are just legends and folklore, none of then is unique
>>
>>32518639
>>32518691
I don't think the lake trio are either
>>
File: e23d36483e126da1f7e42a3806f8e24c.jpg (465KB, 1100x1550px) Image search: [Google]
e23d36483e126da1f7e42a3806f8e24c.jpg
465KB, 1100x1550px
This is still pretty much headcanon territory.
Even if you consider the anime/game/various manga as separate canons they don't have clear answers.
My personal theory is that legendary pokémon are physical manifestation of things, from ideals to natural elements.
They aren't born, they "spawn", so while naturally they should be unique more can exist at the same time.
Then there are pokémon that are called legendary but really aren't, like Genesect.
Once there were many of them but because there is only one alive in the age of the games it's considered legendary.
>>
>>32518691
battle facility teams aren't canon.
it's the reason that Anabel don't use legendaries outside them.
>>
>>32518721
>The game isn't canon
Xdxddddddd
>>
>>32518721
Yes they are canon. There's a reason why none of the facilities use the Lake Trio or UBs- there's no canon way for any other NPC to obtain them.

Genies, Beasts, Birds, etc. are just rare Pokemon.
>>
>>32518727
is this an argument?
>>32518728
you think so? so why they don't use them outside battle facilities?
>>
>>32518728
I've run into people in the battle tree with lake trio mons. No UBS though
>>
None of them are unique. It's amazing that people still don't know this.
>>
>>32518748
>is this an argument?

Yes it is. If it's in the fucking game of course it's canon. Canonfags are fucking retarded. People like you just arbitrarily exclude things just because it doesn't fit your headcanon.

>so why they don't use them outside battle facilities?
Because battle facilities are meant for being challenging.
>>
>>32518534
I think he meant with unobtainable shinies, so http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Pok%C3%A9mon#Unobtainable_Shiny_Pok.C3.A9mon, although we know for a fact all the ubs bar guzzlord aren't unique.
>>
>>32518765
>If it's in the fucking game of course it's canon
>Canonfags are fucking retarded
so you're saying that you are a retard. Got it.
>Because battle facilities are meant for being challenging
oh yeah, the regis are very challenging
>>
>>32518458
The concept of "Legendaries" has always triggered my autism. Not just their uniqueness, but the fact that they aren't as powerful as depicted. You're telling me the God of Pokemon can get rolled by some kid trainer? Or that Pokemon that literally raised/flooded continents don't just trash regular Pokemon like playthings?

But then I remember that nothing in the Pokemon world makes any sort of realistic sense (like Macargo's body temperature being nearly twice as hot as the surface of the sun) and just enjoy my God damned children's games.
>>
>>32518802
Hmm wonder why the Uber list exists then?
>>
>>32518802
It just shows how powerful a poke ball is you autist
>>
>>32518829
>Uber lists
Games don't have an uber list anon, otherwise Aegislash and M-Kangashkan are now legendaries.

Games don't have them make sense anyway, you can have literally dozens of Arceus in your PC, and everyone knows Pokedex is pure bullshit. It's more or less "choose your own canon" when it comes to lore.
>>
>>32518780
>so you're saying that you are a retard. Got it.

No. I'm saying you're a retard. Because you're the canonfag picking what is and isn't canon just because you don't like it.

>oh yeah, the regis are very challenging
Compared to most regular Pokemon? Yes.
>>
>>32518891
>No. I'm saying you're a retard.
No. That's not what you said. You're saying what's canon, so this makes you a canonfag.
>Compared to most regular Pokemon? Yes
Actually, no.
Also, how does Fantina have Giratina and Winona have the Rayquaza?
>>
None of them are unique.
The fact arcues spawned a giratina/dialga/palkia egg out of nowhere is reason enough to believe that.
>>
>>32518969
Huh?
>>
>>32518917
>so this makes you a canonfag.

No. Canonfags are people who nitpick what is and isn't canon like a fucking retard. You're the canonfag.

>Also, how does Fantina have Giratina and Winona have the Rayquaza?
By catching them just like anyone else.
>>
>>32518802
Game mechanics.
>>
>>32518969
This is a great reach, even only considering Arceus supposed abilities.
If there is a being able to create multiple legendary pokémon it's Arceus, so saying "They're not unique because the only thing able to create an exception created an exception" is kind of pointless.
>>
>>32519077
https://youtu.be/GxC1kXm_AVs?t=4m46s
>>
>>32518917
(not OP)
canon is canon lmao
>>
>>32519148
What does it matter if they come from eggs tho?

Arceus came from an egg
>>
>>32518458
If they are in charge of something larger than just elements, they are unique. Rare ones are the rest.
>>
>>32518728
The beasts are unique. Ho-Oh only ever made one set. You guys are confusing non-unique with multiple appearances. They're similar but not the same, it's entirely possible that the legends are caught and released at times so while they show up more than once there's never more than one.
>>
>>32518882
Segregation of story and gameplay, anon. In any case some of the more ridiculous legends are plenty strong and are excluded from facilities because of it
>>
>>32518683
It's just alien DNA from off of earth. There are multiple deoxys.

>>32518691
I could see genies being not unique, but how are the beasts? Unless there were other burned down towers ho-oh just happened to be around; are their multiple beasts used? Like two suicunes by different people. It's unlikely, but they could have been captured.

>>32518711
what makes you think the lake trio aren't unique?
>>
>>32520077
There's just one deoxys.
>>
File: 300px-Double_Deoxys[1].png (82KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Double_Deoxys[1].png
82KB, 300x169px
>>32520085
Nope.

NONE of the legendaries are unique.
>>
>>32518639
What about the Regi trio found in Platinum?
>>
>>32518639
Can't the Cosmog line be unique? The second Cosmog is found in a different dimension similar to Hoopa's rings in ORAS. Or is there lore I'm missing involving Solgaleo and Lunala existing in the same universe at the same time.
>>
>>32520101
If I'm remembering correctly I believe people created one set in Hoenn and sealed them away, and then Regigigas created another set in Sinnoh.
>>
>>32520098
So, I can have a harem of deoxys? Yes!
>>
>>32520119
There's lore in Alola that talks about how a Solgaleo/Lunala appeared in the past, fucked the Tapus over, and then made them take care of its kid. In addition the second Cosmog is Nebby's and the alternate box legend's kid, they "fuck" and it spawns.
>>
>>32519512
What you segregate isn't often relevant to the lore, and what remains after you factor version differences is light on detail.
>>
>>32520119
I think I rear somewhere that Solgaleo is the male and Lunala is the female of the same species. In the other dimension, you basically saw them mate.
>>
>>32520085
>>32520085
it's an alien virus; I'd think unlikely it's the only one. The ultimate weapon beam was surely went far enough and was exposed long enough to create other deoxys that just never made it to earth.
>>32520101
likely the original ones I would assume

>>32520119
They still make a new cosmog in one of the universes and can freely travel between them; they can exist in the same universe/dimension

>>32520126
>>32520101
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Legendary_titans

no they were spirited off to hoenn. It's understandable that if you have daddy regi with you, you can then encounter his little babies
>>
File: tumblr_mw6z9shvcN1qj1zbpo1_1280.png (749KB, 1280x856px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mw6z9shvcN1qj1zbpo1_1280.png
749KB, 1280x856px
>>32520215
regis confirmed for best legendaries
>>
>>32520215
>Legendary_titans

Well that's new.
>>
>>32518500
I believe that there are exactly 10 unique Pokémon, at least in the anime:
Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Arceus
Groudon, Kyogre
Azelf, Uxie, Mespririt
Necrozma
>>32518639
Didn't see your post at first.
The creation dragon event is exclusive to the games. It doesn't seem canon to the anime.
It was explained to me that there must be more than one Original Dragon or else the anime canon wouldn't make sense.
It's easier to start by listing which Pokémon are unique than the other way around.
>>32518802
It's probably an avatar, and the ring hasn't been removed.
>>
>>32520362
I always put game canon above anime canon. At least game canon gives a reasonable explanation to multiverses. Dunno how they're gonna pull off this new movie they got coming up

That and there being more than one original dragon defeats the purpose of "original" doesn't it? And the entire story behind it?

anime a shit
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.