[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When was the last time you played Sun and Moon? Be honest. I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5

File: torracat-pokemon-sol-luna.png (147KB, 670x402px) Image search: [Google]
torracat-pokemon-sol-luna.png
147KB, 670x402px
When was the last time you played Sun and Moon? Be honest.

I'd say about a good 3 weeks.
>>
2 months.
>>
Right now
>>
>>32516555
Yesterday, I did some battles on Battlespot.
>>
>>32516555
First time today since January, thought I'd play a new game

Pretty burnt out after the first trial though. I remember cutscenes but the second time round is so much worse, every time you do anything there's someone waiting to chat or direct you somewhere.
>>
>>
About 10 mins ago.
>>
>>32516555
Not since before Christmas
>>
About a month ago when I finished my second run including the Ultra Beast missions and the postgame Poni areas.
>>
it's been a few months
it's not because of anything with the game, but because my bottom screen is cracked and now nintendo's not even repairing O3DSes
>>
5 months
Literally just beat the game and got bored of pokemon in general
>>
>>32516555
I'm playing it and at the same time shitposting here, it's nice.
>>
>>32516555
Just got it, and so far it's great. Though that's probably because I came in fresh since I haven't played Pokemon since 2015.
>>
>>32516555
January probably. Life's been busy.
>>
File: 1480492137685.png (158KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1480492137685.png
158KB, 379x440px
>>32516555
I'm replaying it for the third time now, on Poni Island.
Besides this, I play every time there's a new Mega Stone to collect. And I play once every few days, when I'm in mood for some battles.

I'm not exactly someone who plays a Pokemon game after the end of the story, so this is probably a record for me.
>>
A few months. Unfortunately whenever I get fix for playing nowadays, it's either older games or ROMs.
>>
>>32516555
Months. I've yet to finish it too.
>>
>>
Yesterday
>>
>>32517079
It's a good game without any doubt.
>>
>>32516555
About 4 months.
Took me a while to get through it and I just kinda didn't bother playing it again.
>>
>>32516555
Has this been a problem with older games like Emerald, BW2, and Hg/Ss/Platinum? I'm not saying those games were good enough that you played them on a weekly basis, but were they more easy to pick up and play again compared to the current games?
>>
I opened it today to get the megastones, but I think the last time I actually played was early March, so longer than two months ago.
>>
>>32516555

About two hours ago
>>
>>32517165

No it's been a thing with 3DS games i've found. I could barely Sun without going to Platinum or Black 2 for a while.
>>
I think I've maxed out the evs on a pokemon using pokepelego but it doesn't turn blue until I've fought a battle with it
am I just one point short or does the stat screen not turn blue until I try to get one more point?
>>
>>32516555
A couple months ago just to collect clothes. Pokedex was finished in about a day, but try to get a blue hat and I spend an eternity.
>>
>beat game a couple months ago
>decide I want to replay it because I liked it
>delete save and start a new game
Biggest mistake I've ever made. I cannot force myself to play through that tediously long intro again. I dropped it at the trainer school.
>>
I turned it on yesterday just to get the new Mega Stones but other than that ages ago.

Really hoping they make the third version more substantial.
>>
>>32516555
Five months.
>>
Since the first set of mega stones were released. Got burnt out pretty quick from the shit breeding, and playing through both games as soon as they leaked.
>>
Yesterday. Finally bothered with catching a Tauros is VC Red (super fucking annoying btw), fudging its EXP to be Naive and teaching it Body Slam. Transferred it to Moon, levelled it up & hyper trained it so I could finally have my murder bull.

Not sure what to do now, though. Might do the same with the birds.
>>
>>32517342
Why Naive?
>>
other a month ago now. i really lost interest after i beat the game. I've been mass breeding cutieflies on and off looking for a shiny but I've been considering transferring all my shit to bank and replaying with a new starter. but i just am not interested when i have roms of better pokemon games i can play instead.
>>
>>32516555
nice digits

one or two weeks i think on Showdown
>>
>>32516555
>sonic 06
>no post-game!
>I already returned *insert newest nintendo game*
>I bought *insert newest console* I swear but nobody should! It's shit and breaks!
>the problem with ORAS!
>what went wrong?!
>defend this!

Am I doing right senpai? Now I only need to samefag and bump this thread once an hour and I can be a top shill just like you :^)
>>
>>32517354
Was going to do a Jolly set with Rock Slide, but Naive + Fire Blast gives it better coverage. Sheer Force gives it enough of a boost to make up for its awful Sp. Atk against 4x SE mons like Forretress and Ferrothorn, puts a good dent in Skarmory too.
>>
>yfw low-tier b8 thinks pokemon is played non-stop and forever like a cell-phone game
>yfw he will post this once per day
>>
>>32517200

If that's true sounds like nostalgia-faggotry, I knew someone who'd do the same with the gba when trying Pt. Maybe is because you were born after 2000 then.
>>
>>32517342
Shit is its nature in later games influenced by EXP? Might get back into playing Yellow on the VC to be honest.
>>
File: C2_tQ5QWEAE_5y5.jpg (61KB, 457x542px) Image search: [Google]
C2_tQ5QWEAE_5y5.jpg
61KB, 457x542px
>>32517392
>>
About 3 months ago...Feelin kinda guilty about it for some reason though...Weird...
>>
>>32517392
>>32517402
And the Pokemon you transfer are guaranteed 3 perfect IVs, so you don't have to waste a gold cap on them.
>>
>>32516555
Keep one thread per day OP, you aren't paid to overwork.
>>
>>32516555
Yesterday

I'm making a shell smash minior and I don't know how to spread the EVs
>>
>>32517415

Stay mad sweetie. This is a Pokemon discussion board and were discussing how bad the most recent iterations of the game were.
>>
>>32516555
I don't play it as often as I did the other games because there's way too many options for other games out there. I play a lot of Mobas, though and WoW which eats away all my time. Before I had my PC though I'd basically only play Pokemon.

- 4 months for me
>>
>>32516555
an hour ago, haven't finished the game because I got it late and have been busy lately
>>
>>32516555
Early January. Still on the third island on my first playthrough.
>>
December. right around then I bought mario kart 7 again to relive memories and have never touched it since
>>
I only play to to get the giveaway mons from here
>>
>>32516555
Today. And every day for the past couple weeks. I actually can't put it down and I've been meaning to play other games.

Battle spot battles just to fun.
>>
>>32517377
>he doesn't realize people actually enjoying battling outside of the main game
>>
>>32516555
last year, unless redeeming mystery gifts for mega stones counts
>>
>>32516555
Yesterday.
I'm planning a team for Worlds 2018 (assuming it's a standard National dex year).
>>
>>32516555
A couple months, aside from today to redeem the code AZUL.
>>
Since January.
>>
Starting my second playthrough of Moon right now. Any advice to make the game harder/more enjoyable? I was thinking of not using Z-moves, playing on Set and using no healing items. Also no Exp Share. Something else?
>>
>>32516555
Like 2 minutes ago.
Doing my moon run after putting it off. Trying to a get a dewpider to use in it.
>>
>>32517385
Uh, no it's just that those games offered more replayability than the current 3DS games. Got nothing to do with being blinded by notalgia(for the most part)
>>
>>32516555
I'm thinking of doing a wonderlocke on Sun, but the constant cutscenes are really bothering.
>>
>>32516555
Around three weeks as well, I play it from time to time but never for long since I finished the game. I have a lot of time right now though since I'm done with uni, so I'll probably try to get some shinies like an autist.
>>
File: 1417691879638.png (144KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1417691879638.png
144KB, 500x341px
>played Sun
>want to replay in Moon
>the new pokemon selection is such shit that I can only see myself using the same team again

What do? Old mons only maybe?
>>
>>32519727
Banks out use whatever you want.
>>
Maybe since a month after release.
>>
>>32516571
Am I the only one who actually LIKED the cut scenes, for a change? I mean, people complained that X and Y lacked story, and now that they actually bring it you're conplaining again?
The only thing I'd agree with is adding the option to skip for desperate people like you, but I really don't even considere them that long.
>>
>>32516555
Today.

Whereas I haven't touched gen 4 or 5 since gen 6 Bank comes out and I hope to never touch them again.
>>
>>32520996
No it's a pain in the ass. The cutscenes in the beginning are constant, miterallt every 5 minutes, and only teach you things you already know while the end features 30 min of non stop cutscenes after you defeat the league. It's way too much.
The only thing that comes close is the beginning of BW2 with Pokéwood and even that was way less tedious and lessened by the fact that the games are amazing.
>>
Yesterday. I've been trying to get two of my VIPs to give me their Sun exclusive hats, buy I keep getting cucked. The only thing keeping me playing is shiny hunting,completing my clothing collection, and battle tree stamps. Until a few days ago, I hadn't touched my game in 2-3 weeks.
>>
>>32520996
Here's a list of reasons why Sun and Moon are shit even before you get off the first island

>Bottom screen is dedicated to hand holding
>Open world with many paths to explore but only able to after there is no need to
>Pokemon blocks your path in a game about beating the shit out of pokemon
>Full-body retard suit for riding pokemon
>walking 5 steps in between unskippable and unimportant cutscenes is considered gameplay
>Wild pokemon being able to call for help and attack in the same turn

The only thing that made me want to continue after the first island is the pokemon snap spots that I thought were kinda fun.
>>
>>32522142
At least it's better than any of the Sinnoh games.
>>
>>32522146
But it's not though. Gen 4 was my least favorite generation up until Gen 7. As much as it pains me to say, comparatively Gen 4 is a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>32516555
A couple of months? I dunno, I don't expect pokemon games to be eternal anyway.
In comparison it's been a few years since any of the other games

>>32522159
Why are you comparing a gen to a first game of a gen?
The only valid comparison is D/P, and boy were they shit
>>
>>32522178
Unless you think the next version of S/M is going to improve on any of the points listed then your argument is idiotic.
>>
I haven't touched my game in about a month. Really into this Power Rangers phone app r/n
>>
File: 1434115794374.png (131KB, 294x265px) Image search: [Google]
1434115794374.png
131KB, 294x265px
>>32516555
other than downloading some events I haven't played it since january, even though I still need to finish the post-game.
>>
>>32516555
Whenever the last competition was.
I basically just pick it up for Mega stones
>>
>>32517165
>but were they more easy to pick up and play again compared to the current games?
Of course and it's because there's a ton of things to do and the story isn't obnoxious like it is in SM.
>>
>>32522178
Even comparing SM to DP DP would come out on top for the exact same reasons as any other game.
>>
Woke up to a reminder on my phone telling me to update Pokebank this week.

Haven't touched the game since I finished the dex, which was unrewarding as fuck. Trading is impossible, Battling is impossible.

Too many "cutscenes" to have any replay value. Festival Plaza is an awful mess.

Who has transferred all their shit back to x/y/oras? Are the games dead?
>>
>>32522703
>Who has transferred all their shit back to x/y/oras?
I wish I could.
>>
>>32522713
Same. There's no reason whatsoever that transfers should be one-way.

What was wrong with the GSC method where you could trade back and forth to Gen 1 as long as you didn't send any new moves or mons?
>>
>>32516555
Late February. I still play Showdown OU and some nuzlockes on emulators, but I just can't find a reason to play my current Sun file. There's just nothing to do.

However I plan to run a Sun nuzlocke this summer.
>>
Months.
>>
>>32520996
>desperate people like me

Look, my dude, I don't know how "desperate" applies here, but in any game I play I like the bulk of it to be dedicated to gameplay. I enjoy cutscenes to emphasize dramatic and climactic events in games, but stopping the player in almost every new section of a city to point out every important building (easily found by playing), or to provide a tutorial for every mechanic, is completely tedious. Every time I just started to get into things after a few battles someone would stop me and stop the flow of gameplay.

FYI, I could barely stand this in XY as well, especially in Lumiose city. Games like RBY, GSC and BW2 have the better method of getting the player a starter within minutes of starting the game and having you out battling before you know it.
>>
>>32516555
At least 4 months ago.
>>
>>32522876
I'll never play through this game again because of the cutscenes.

I always play the games twice back to back.

While playing through S&M i realized an hour or so in that I would never be able to. Which sucks, because once you're finished there's literally nothing to do because they removed the PSS.
>>
>>32522905
It's too bad because I want to play the games again and have fun with the new Pokemon, and I want to replay certain settings. But within half hour my attitude goes from "what do I want to do now?" to "what do I have to deal with now?"
>>
>>32522976
>y attitude goes from "what do I want to do now?" to "what do I have to deal with now?"
Great way to put it. Don't know how they goofed this hard.
>>
>>32522203
That's not an argument, for the next games aren't out yet.

>>32522676
Which are? Being slow as a snail? Having a shit pokemon distribution?
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.