[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna catch and train and evolve one of these little boogerS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 119x144px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 119x144px
Gonna catch and train and evolve one of these little boogerS for competitive use. Any Suggestions? Also how do you tell if IV are maxed?
>>
>>32514731
Get the Judge function on your PC.
You unlock it after getting to the Battle Tree.

But Meganium isn't really good for cartridge competitive. Showdown could work, if you play in the right tiers.
>>
>>32514742
you also have the hatch 20 eggs t unlock it.
>>
>>32514742
No way to tell sooner? I'm gonna be kinda pissed if I get like 25 level 50 pecies of shitmons. I say 25 because I'm counting the Pokemon peligo Pokemon.
>>
>>32514807
I'm still playing though the story so I haven't gotten to the battle tree yet.
>>
>>32514731
Being a Meganium and being useful are mutually exclusive concepts.
>>
>>32514833
Oh really? 525 base stat total balanced tank set it with sunny day, solar beam sythesis, and posin powder or sleep powder.
>>
>>32514889
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/meganium/

I wouldn't bother trying the sunny day+solarbeam combo on something with 80 special attack, its better for the team if it takes up a supportive role for bulky offensive

If you really want to use solarbeam+ get a torkoal with drought and play in doubles.
>>
>wants to breed for competitive use
>doesn't know how to tell if IVs are perfect
>doesn't know that Meganium is so shit that it's practically a meme

You might want to research/lurk more before embarking on something like this, anon.
>>
>>32515438
This

I hate to be the bearer of such bad news OP, but Meganium is probably the worst starter's final evolution of them all.
>>
>>32515457
Well crap this guys is one of my best Bros. Right up there with Charizard as hgss was the first Pokemon game I really got into and I picked chicorita.
>>
>>32514889

It doesn't get Sleep Powder
>>
File: CqoP7XtXgAANxLG.jpg (23KB, 392x261px) Image search: [Google]
CqoP7XtXgAANxLG.jpg
23KB, 392x261px
For the Battle Tree your best bet is playing super singles and running @ big root/leftovers 252HP/252SpDef Leech Seed/Toxic/Protect/Synthesis. That will usually take out at least 1 of the AI's Pokémon and sometimes even 2 or 3. Please note this will not work online as your opponent needs to be retarded for this to work. Also it takes a million years

There is really not much you can do in Smogon OU but you can try running it with Z-Solarbeam and Aromatherapy in doubles. In singles it's an unsalvageable waste of a team slot. This goes for Battle Spot singles too. It probably is also useless in Battle Spot doubles because having one member of your team be trash hurts more in 4v4 than in 6v6

If you actually want to win you can play Gen 2 on Showdown, he's pretty good there

Source: Meganium has been my favorite Pokémon for 9 years
>>
>>32517456
Well thanks for the advice. I still think it's retarded the made a STARTER MON be so crap for competitive. Given it was gen 2 but why haven't they buffed him yet? Or made him a dual posin grass type instead of plain grass. Might help him out alittle.
>>
>>32517456
What if you run it along side a Arcanine? Megmuim synthesis,heal pulse,sunny days, and solar beam since sunny days cuts it's recharge turn. That frees up Arcanine to do whatever he wants to with out a move slot out for a sunny day boost.
>>
>>32517416

Don't listen to them. Play with your favorites. Find a way to win
>>
>>32519345
*Mission impossible theme starts playing*
Mission accepted. At least Charizard has a mega Greninja has battle bond and kangaskan has always been a bad ass expesally with fake out chip off to troll people with stat boosts. And slowbros is a very useful staller. I keep wanting to run rest, sleeptalk, skald, and another move on slowbro but I know that's not the ultimate stall slowbro rest, skald, defence boost move can't remember the name, and sp defence boost move I can't remember the name What do you think would should run on slowbro or any of the above Pokemon. Also any suggestions on stall teams would be appreciated. I want to build one of every type of team and I'm starting with stall.
>>
>>32514889
exactly what can it do that venusaur, torterra or serperior can't do a whole lot better?
>>
>>32519411
well you slap a mega stone on kangaskhan and hope you never have to use anything aside from him
>>
>>32519508
Well nothing but memuim was the Pokemon I bonded the most with when I was a new trainer back in hgss days. I mean I love venisuar and would have any Kanto start on my team they're my homies too Charizard I'm looking at you. [/Spoiler] but hgss was a very important game for me. So megmuim means something to me. Too bad hes hard to use in competitive play.
>>
>>32521545
Spoiler fail.

>>32519520
Why use him as a backup instead of megaing into fake out?
>>
>>32514731

Play Crystal.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.