[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Evolutions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1466669423627.png (178KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
1466669423627.png
178KB, 500x429px
Is GF trying to gradually phase out Mega Evos by making them harder to get and less available with each new game?

Also, Mega Evolution thread.
>>
i hope so. mega evolution was the biggest mis-step pokemon has ever made. the sooner we get rid of them the better.
>>
>>32511215

They're a gameplay mechanic, they can't be gotten rid of.

It might have been de-emphasized, but it's not going anywhere.
>>
>>32511215
Same. I feel the same with z moves however I can handle that a little better. They really made it seem like an Alola only thing in the games do I really don't know how they'll put it in newer games if they do decide to
>>
File: 1494425544780.jpg (78KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494425544780.jpg
78KB, 640x640px
Mega-Arcanine when?
>>
>>32511210
I think Megas, regional forms, and UBs are efforts to limit the pool of attainable Pokemon that can be put in games.

That way, as the total mon count increases over time (which they're also making efforts to control with relatively few actual additions), they're less obligated to insert some mons into the game and basically oversaturate it.

Specifically with Megas, they went the route of item dependency. As we saw with Gems, there is the possibility to remove items between generations/games. That is to say, they don't have to necessarily 'retcon a Mega out of existence' but just claim that the stone is unattainable for one reason or another. And Megas don't count toward the dex as I acknowledged so it's not like a real loss of a mon. I think it's a smart approach to gauging public reaction to new ideas while also controlling the population size of the number of mons.
>>
>>32511210
That and they're totally useless for anything, most of all competitive.

They don't want you to use them. Ever.
>>
>>32511215
tobad they most all of the designs better and they went get rid of them lol

also none of the stones are hard to get in gen 7
>>
File: 1478255978392.png (799KB, 800x920px) Image search: [Google]
1478255978392.png
799KB, 800x920px
>>32511231

Horseshit
>>
>>32511215
kys
>>
>>32511215
>What is Z-moves
>>
>>32511215
The damage is already done. Megas set a precedent that GF is all too willing to follow.
>>
>>32511226
*Incineroar
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.