[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>most popular gen 5 mon >never got shilled that much save

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (29KB, 242x274px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 242x274px
>most popular gen 5 mon
>never got shilled that much save for getting put into Pokken
So does becoming a huge shillmon just depend on whether or not gf likes it enough?
>>
hard so shill something non anthropomorphic
>>
>>32510400
>>
>>32510357
That was 7 years ago anon
>>
>>32510413
>star wars
There you go
>>
>>32510357
If it's not furbait/scalebait/whatever they won't shill it to the manchildren buying their games
If it not some kawaii shitmon they won't shill it for kids and girls
>>
Sakurai was the reason Greninja was a shillmon. He just chose it because he liked the design and had no input from gf.
>>
>>32510428
WRONG
>>
File: 0.gif (3MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
3MB, 540x304px
>>32510400
But they made it so cute in pokken
>>
>>32510499
Why is it so perfect?
>>
File: C_PswlBXkAAjPGl.jpg (120KB, 1024x524px) Image search: [Google]
C_PswlBXkAAjPGl.jpg
120KB, 1024x524px
>>32510441
It's true tho. They came up to him and showed the team dozens of Gen VI pokemon. Since the games weren't released yet, the Pokemon Company didn't know who would be the best choice, so they told the Smash team to add whoever they liked best. They ended up agreeing on Greninja, though based on early push and merchandise, i'm pretty sure GF would've preferred Sylveon.
>>
>>32510540
>It's true tho. They came up to him and showed the team dozens of Gen VI pokemon. Since the games weren't released yet, the Pokemon Company didn't know who would be the best choice, so they told the Smash team to add whoever they liked best. They ended up agreeing on Greninja, though based on early push and merchandise, i'm pretty sure GF would've preferred Sylveon.
Ash-Sylveon would've been so stupid
>>
>>32510549
Maybe it wouldve moonblasted mega zard x and won or some shit.
>>
File: 1484770335306.png (246KB, 291x712px) Image search: [Google]
1484770335306.png
246KB, 291x712px
>>32510549
Serena-Sylveon never
>>
>>32510357
>whimsicott is #2
what the fuck
>>32510540
I still think they intentionally designed chesnaught and delphox to be ugly so players would gravitate towards greninja. Then, just to be safe (they didn't want another sceptile, i.e. a "chosen one" who turned out to not be very good in battle), they gave it a crazy strong ability in protean even though it doesn't really suit a frog. The "Sakurai picked it" stuff is a lie. Gren was the chosen shillmon from the start. I have no solid evidence, but I really think this is the true. This is all coming from someone who doesn't hate greninja and thinks chesnaught and delphox are the worst grass and fire starters we've ever had, though, so there's a good chance it's all bias.
>>
>>32510792
>The "Sakurai picked it" stuff is a lie
>Gren was the chosen shillmon from the start. I have no solid evidence, but I really think this is the true
>th-this is a lie even though Sakurai said it himself
>here's a theory that's completely true even though I have no evidence to back it up
https://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-roster-greninja-details/
>>
>>32510792
>I still think they intentionally designed chesnaught and delphox to be ugly so players would gravitate towards greninja.

They did a bad job, then.
Angular frog attempting to strangle itself with its own over-stretched internal organ is much more hideous than bulky armored rodent and wand-wielding wizard fox.
>>
>>32510882
No need to stutter, I already said I have no evidence. Just look at the three starters. Look at their stats. Look at their abilities. Look at their movepools. All of thse factors were decided before the games shipped. or the final evolutions revealed. Do you honestly think the frog didn't get special treatment before Sakurai said he liked it?
>>32510890
Greninja isn't my favorite, either, but delphox's model is awful and its ear hair is very very off-putting. Chesnaught gets points for being a glyptodont, but it still looks like a bearded man in a onesie with a trashcan lid on his back. I think greninja is ok at best, but it's better than the two alternatives.
>>
File: audino-mega.jpg (31KB, 221x320px) Image search: [Google]
audino-mega.jpg
31KB, 221x320px
>>32510357
Enjoy never getting a Mega.
>>
>>32511017
Never saw Chesnaught as a Glyptodont, but that makes it a 100 times better.
If Greninja wasn't always trying to throttle itself with its own tongue, if it was always in its mouth like a tongue should be, I'd like it a whole lot more.
>>
>>32510890
>>32511062
>unironically liking chesnaught
>>>/out/
>>
>>32510792
>The "Sakurai picked it" stuff is a lie. Gren was the chosen shillmon from the start.
These two things do not contradict each other. Sakurai was handed a list of monsters that were being planned for a marketing focus, and Sakurai himself thought "hey, this guy looks super cool and easy to make a moveset for".
>>
>>32510499
Chandelure, Whimsicott, Reuninclus, Stunfisk, Stoutland and Male Jellicent are the best things that came out of gen5 design wise.

Gardobor is a mixed bag reception wise, I like it, but I can understand the hate it gets.

And yes I did say I liked Stoutland, and I like him for the very same reasons I like MY LITERAL WORKHORSE Pokémon aka Mudsdale, they made a version of an existing animal a Pokémon, and they did it well.
>>
>>32511046
>Mega Audino NU
>Chandelure UU
>>
>>32510792
>they intentionally designed chesnaught and delphox to be ugly

Now that's just plain offensive. I love most of the trio (Delphox isn't even bad, just a bit bland. If the wand had become a Staff, that would've been awesome) and i think you're full of crap. Although that might be because i loved them from the start. They're very well designed and not too overdone. I feel like both Chesnaught and Delphox will be perfect once (and if) they get M-evos that fully flesh out their concepts, but i also feel like Greninja would suffer with one, because i can't seem to find a way to add extra stuff to it wthout it getting crowded.
>>
I can understand people hating what I like, but I will never understand people liking things I hate.
How do people like some of the shitmons they are defending in this thread.
>>
>>32510357
O++O "Chiiiiiiiaaauuuuuu"
O++O (Chandelure)
>++< (Fainting Chandelure)
>>
>>32510890
>Delphox and Shitnaught
>Better
I don't like Greninja either but it's easily the best out of the gen 6 starters. Delphox looks hideous with those earmuffs and retarded robe. Only fnart makes it tolerable. And Chestnaught is just a disaster
>>
>>32511120

While I don't think they intentionally designed them to be ugly (look at Ash-Greninja, one of the ugliest things in existence) I do think less love and care went into their in game debut.

Greninja in amie (remember this is when amie and the starters debuted) has 2 modes- cool and then the amie mode/idle (different pose, different expression), while Delphox and Chesnaught don't even move their arms. Their models are also somewhat poorly done in general, with stiff movements and weird proportions. Both of these Pokemon look much better in their merch and official art.
>>
File: Frubbles.png (216KB, 491x770px) Image search: [Google]
Frubbles.png
216KB, 491x770px
>>32511062
>If Greninja wasn't always trying to throttle itself with its own tongue, if it was always in its mouth like a tongue should be, I'd like it a whole lot more.

I personally think the tongue scarf is one of the most creative spins on accesorizing a pokemon according to its role i've ever seen, but even then i have to agree. There's just no reason for it to be scarfed all the time.

I know, i know that you have time and graphical constraints, and i know that you want the silhouette to be recognizable at all times, but the fact that it's on all the time means that there's people out there that still don't know that it's his tongue, something that would be easily remedied if they showed him with the tongue in his mouth sometimes.

Greninja's appearance in the manga warmed me up to his design much more. In there, he doesn't have his tongue scarf on every single moment; He actually uses it to attack and wrap up foes in battle; and as an added bonus, he's shown to be able to produce frubbles still. His anime appearances were boring in comparison.
>>
>>32511314
It's funny because I love Greninja but I always thought it looked kind of ugly and shallow the moments it doesn't have its tongue around the neck.
>>
>>32511084
>Chandelure, Whimsicott, Reuninclus, Stunfisk, Stoutland and Male Jellicent are the best things that came out of gen5 design wise.
>forgetting Scolipede, Mienshao, Volcorona, Galvantula, Golurk, Haxorus, Bisharp, Krookodile, and Lilligant, among others
>>
File: 39365513_p8_master1200.jpg (196KB, 480x1200px) Image search: [Google]
39365513_p8_master1200.jpg
196KB, 480x1200px
>>32511349
I just like to think that it'd be cool if he hides his identity from enemies during battle, but maybe doesn't have his tongue scarf in Amie because he wouldn't hide from his trainer. It makes sense.
>>
>>32511349
I've never liked Greninja (don't hate it though) but think it looks cute and infinitely more appealing without the tongue. It's a big deal breaker.
>>
File: 1474695036075.png (719KB, 1280x1395px) Image search: [Google]
1474695036075.png
719KB, 1280x1395px
>>32511084
>reuniclus
my nigga
>>
>>32510357
Full pic?
>>
File: IMG_6087.jpg (192KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6087.jpg
192KB, 750x900px
>>32512287
>>
File: 1466243501714.png (182KB, 209x322px) Image search: [Google]
1466243501714.png
182KB, 209x322px
>>32510357
The gen 5 shillmon was Zoroark. It merely failed so badly at its role that GF decided to bury it.

Besides, everyone knows the best gen 5 mon is Sigilyph.
>>
>>32511212
Ash Greninja is objectively better designed than regular Greninja, though.
>>
>>32512636
t. Serena
>>
Gen 5 is probably the only generation (Though 7 looks to be heading there) where the human characters outshined the pokemon. More people seem to remember guys like N and Colress before they did many of the pokemon. Which is weird, given many of my favorite pokemon came from gen 5, including Chandelure.
>>
>>32512666
And considering that N and Colress were horrible characters. I guess their low quality made them stand out.
>>
>>32512682
No one cares for your opinions.
>>
>>32512636
>Deviantart tier recolors
>GIVING A FROG HAIR
>Giant water shuriken for no other reason than some over-the-top Naruto move

Standard Greninja was simple yet attractive. Ash-Greninja is just some accident that the developers 4 year old kid made when they left the computer running in photoshop.
>>
>>32512689
Luckily no opinions were stated.
>>
Yeah, just bait.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.