[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime, video game, manga or tcg?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: comparison.png (2MB, 959x855px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
2MB, 959x855px
I was just thinking about this, and i would love to discuss what part of the franchise is the most popular on /vp/.

What section(s) of the franchise do you follow?
Have you tried out the other mediums?
If you only like one thing, why is that? What would have to change for you to enjoy the other platforms?
What part do you like the most/least?
What year did you get introduced to pokemon?
Has your preference changed over the years?
>>
File: 6123461234.png (100KB, 212x171px) Image search: [Google]
6123461234.png
100KB, 212x171px
Games only.
The anime and the TCG, never bothered with the manga.
Because I was never a huge fan of how the TCG played, and I grew out of how monotonous the anime was. The only way I'd go back to the show is if it switched up the tired, standard formula and upped the target audience age to target the group that, say, One Piece targets.
Games most, TCG least.
Beyond the anime, not really. Just as I dreamed of a N64 Pokemon main series game, I'm hoping they hurry up one built for the switch from the ground up. Will probably take a pass on the next games if they're still tied down to the 3DS.
>>
>>32509985
Games. I always watch like, the first season of the anime and that's it. Then I lose interest.

I have never cared about the manga. The thought of "realistic take on the world" never pulled me in.
>>
>>32509985
>What section(s) of the franchise do you follow?
Games and manga. Would add tcg if I had money and time.
>Have you tried out the other mediums?
All of them, albeit not every product within them.
>What part do you like the most/least?
Games, enjoyment if the manga is derivative of that.
As of least, the one that has the worst product of the entertainment industry.
>What year did you get introduced to pokemon?
>Has your preference changed over the years?
Technically, as my first experience was the anime so it was favorite by default.
>>
Games and movies only
>>
>>32510372
>realistic take on the world
If you mean pokespe it has zero of that.
Its more of a "shit actually happens take in the world".
>>
The games.

Just the anime, and I eventually stopped with that.

>If you only like one thing, why is that? What would have to change for you to enjoy the other platforms?
I don't think I could ever change how I feel for the other two since I don't like comics/mangas, and I don't like card games.

The mangas. I can at least appreciate the ideas and art that comes from the card games, but nothing about any of the mangas appeal to me.

What year was it when Nintendo Power first started tentatively introducing its readers to Pokemon? Because that's when.

Nope.
It has always been predominantly the games and then secondly the anime for me.
>>
>>32509985
Games, sometimes manga, and fanart.
Tried merchandise, but realized I'm too much of a cheapskate for it. Kinda interested in watching the current anime too due to the changes but I'm too much of dummy to torrent.
1998/1999, maybe?
Not especially. Got introduced to it via the anime but I hopped on the games soon after. Fellow out of the anime sometime in Johto.
>>
>>32509985
Games and mango.
Only the anime, never cared for any TCG in particular other than Yugioh, and I already dropped that too.
I like the games because they're good games for the most part, what else? Samewise, I like most of the manga storylines.
Nothing will make me want to follow the card game, I'm not really interested in card games as a medium. In regards to the anime, if they dropped Ash for new protagonists and actually tried to tell a story instead of just shilling the franchise, I might watch it.
The most? Games. The least? The anime.
2002-03, I think.
Definitely. I care less overall about Pokemon than I did years ago.
>>
>>32509985
I started with the games, exactly in '99 (Europefag here), when I was 4, and that's the only part of the franchise I actively follow.
I also watched the anime, but I dropped it after the DP arc iirc.
In my early days I collected some cards, but never bothered to learn how to play.
And about the manga, I read the Red arc, and that's it.
>>
>>32509985
>what part of the franchise is the most popular on /vp/.
Video Games for sure. This is my opinion:
Video Games > Ashnime > Fan Mangas (Pokemoa) >>>>> Manga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>> more shit >>>>>> TCG

Video Games and Fan Mangas (Pokemoa).
Yes: The anime is too repetitive, the Manga eveb when is good is almost always untranslated, even when I know that people still play TCG I find it pretty boring using your imagination when Video Games exists.
>If you only like one thing, why is that?
Video Games because of battles.
>What would have to change for you to enjoy the other platforms?
Ashnime should stop being repetitive and follow the others protagonist. I liked Origins and I think that it should had continuing (Generations was a step back to that idea).
Most: Battles and completing the Pokédex.
Least: Unskippable cutscreens, almost no post-game because no facilities besides the Battle [Whatever] is the only one existing (and even when with every gen it rises in difficulty it still being pretty boring)
Ashnime: when it started airing back in 1998.
Franchise: 2008 after Frito Lay's did a Pokémon promotion I decided to play Pokémon Ruby in my PC, the rest is story.
A bit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.