[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heart Gold/Soul Silver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (2MB, 1491x1727px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1491x1727px
I don't browse here too often and never post so forgive me if I'm making a common thread. I come here wanting some fellow fans' opinion on these remakes.
>are they worth the price?
I see them bringing pretty high prices at local stores, even for loose copies. It's been a while since I've looked but I think like $30-60ish depending on store/condition
>is it filled with video cut scenes?
Skipped out on bout everything after ruby/sapphire, until moon,think I played a little diamond but didn't finish. My least favorite aspect to gen VII was all the tedious video scenes when I'm tryna just catch some goddamn Pokemon.
>are there only gen 1 and 2 pokemon?
>most importantly will it hold up to the originals.
I played the balls off of crystal and recently played again thru the rom. All my old copies of gen 2 games have bad batteries plus no sp so no backlight.

I'd like to hear your opinions. Bout caught them all in moon, should I buy this next?
>>
>>32509864
Just emulate it. No other game in the series has as bloated a story as gen 7. The closest you get is gen 5.
>>
>>32509864
They improve upon the originals in everything except speed. They're slow as sin
>>
>>32509887
This unfortunately. They also lack the charm and atmosphere of the originals in a few ways just because they definitely seem like new games at times rather than remakes.
>>
>>32509875
Eh not the same. I'd just emulate the originals again if I went that route. I wish they'd get their damn act together and release them on virtual console.
>>
>>32509895
Damn :/ I figured this. Maybe it's the nostalgia but I like the graphics of gen 2 games over any other. Just feels right.
>>
>>32509898
Gf hates money so that will never happen.
>>
>>32509905
I love the graphics too. Gen II Goldenrod city, hell any gen II town just has a certain charm that I fucking love. I know mechanically it is far from the best Pokémon game but god damn I love gen II.
>>
No it's not limited to only gen 1-2 mons. After beating the elite 4 the dex expands to include all pokemon up to gen 4 and even before that you can get some gen 4 pokemon (specifically Tangrowth, Mamoswine, Yanmega, Lickilicky, and Ambipom if I'm not forgetting any). Don't expect it to be the same, but it's not necessarily worse, just different. Get a physical copy with the pokewalker if you can, otherwise you're missing out.
>>
>>32509919
I've seen a copy with the box and pokewalker but for like $60. What is the pokewalker?
I got tons of stuff I could trade if it's worth it
>>
>>32509864
Yes
Absolutely not
There are the 4th gen cross-evos
Absolutely

If you liked 2nd gen, you should absolutely play it.
It's not 2nd gen atmoshpere, but it catches johto very very well. Also postgame you get the 8bit ost thing and the most recent kanto available.

The only negative aspect is the fucked up level curve, stick to 6 pokémon early on and go beat lance's ass.

Buy it, I'm really really advicing you to do so.
>>
File: 1493996296442.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1493996296442.png
7KB, 420x420px
literally the best games

sure there's still stupid shit like slugma can't even be caught in johto, only on kanto's cycling road, weird levelling etc etc but they're fucking great

the music is superb, the atmosphere is beyond /comfy/ and the pacing, characters, and pokemon are great

POWER RANKINGS:

-HG/SS
-Emerald
-Platinum
-BW2

-------
-shit
>>
>>32509942
It's a paedrometre that you can use to catch some rare mons or get some items. You can also level up or increase friendship with it but you'll need to visit the move relearner afterwards because they'll miss moves.
>>
>>32510000
You can hatch a Slugma in Violet City if you give the weird guy at the pokemon centre the correct phrase
>>
>>32509982
Will take your advice friend, thanks for convincing me. As long as the games are I'm sure I will get many hours of enjoyment.
>>
>>32509864
Best pokeyman gaem tbch
>>
File: IMG_9554.png (1MB, 1209x1060px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9554.png
1MB, 1209x1060px
>>32510000
>lierally the best games

Nope. BW2 exists and and it's pretty much better in every way.
>>
>>32510000
Nah

-BW2
-Plat
-Emerald
-HGSS
>>
>>32509895
>>32509905
I dunno, in my opinion these games have some of the most charm in the series. I love the overworld of HGSS and the additional character moments do nothing but help make the world feel more immersive. I say give it a chance
>>
>>32510000
>>32510361
>>32510381
BW2>(or)=HGSS>Pt>Emerald>the rest
>>
File: Pokemon_Version_Or_Heart_Gold.png (833KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Version_Or_Heart_Gold.png
833KB, 960x540px
>>32509864
I bought it years ago when it first came out and they were cheaper, but in my opinion they're still worth it. Probably my favorite Pokemon games.
Not at all.
It goes up to the fourth gen but I think the main quest only features the first two gens like the originals, and you unlock the later gen mon later.
Yes, definitely.
>>
>>32509864
I'd say that's really up to you. Emulation's always an option if it's not to you.
No, finding Lugia and Ho-oh are the only events things in the game that have cutscenes i can recall.
For the most part until you beat the elite four. A small number gen 3 and 4 pokemon were retconned into the Johto dex
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.