[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Only literal faggots care about postgame facilities. They are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

File: Consider the following.png (666KB, 1255x1086px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.png
666KB, 1255x1086px
Only literal faggots care about postgame facilities. They are boring as fuck. Yes, all of Battle Frontier, barring the Rental facilities, were shit.

You were doing literally what you've been doing since the beginning of the game. Fighting battles. Now, there's a retard gimmick, but it comes at the cost of being pointless. There's no point in those battles. There's no end. There's no goal. There's nothing to look forward to. You're just being an actual autist, repeating the same action over and over again forever, for nothing. At least the Rental ones give you different Pokemon, which is a nice change of pace. The rest was just retarded bullshit.

GF, after so fucking long, finally realized this truth. If some faggot wants to fight forever, add a Tower and call it a day. That's enough. More than enough, actually. They always had an option to fight forever online. A Tower gives them an offline option. That is really more than enough.

For the primary audience of Pokemon, people with life, infinite content is retarded. I'm glad they're done with Battle Frontier bullshit, the most pointless thing, and started focusing on more story based postgame events, ones that can end. Like Looker Mission, Delta Episode and such. They're far better than Battle Frontier. They're actually enjoyable, with some new bit of story for you to enjoy. New characters to interact with. Much better than doing the same old battles forever.

If you unironically think Battle Frontier was better, you suffer from extremely shit taste. No one cares about you. Not GF, nor the fanbase. You can cry all you want, no one gives a fuck about you. You're not needed.
>>
File: bait.jpg (80KB, 1372x767px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
80KB, 1372x767px
>>
>>32508799
Not very convincing bait. You tried a little too hard
>>
>>32508799
I agree with this. The only time I ever did a battle facility was in Colosseum, because you needed to do it to get MATTLE Ho-Oh. Even then it was a boring grindfest. I have hated them ever since the battle tower in Crystal version, and prefer more content that extends the plot of the game or adds exploration.
>>
>>32508811
>>32508828
It's the truth. If you consider truth a bait, then it might be a bait. If I wanted (You)s, I have better options. Making a post this long means most won't even read it, let alone reply.
>>
>>32508799
Nice garbage taste.
>>
>>32508799
>I'm glad they're done with Battle Frontier bullshit, the most pointless thing, and started focusing on more story based postgame events, ones that can end. Like Looker Mission, Delta Episode and such.

I like any and all postgame, and I'd be happy with story missions like this, but don't make them lazy as shit. Sun/moon could have had a whole new island with high level trainers in order to find ultra beasts, and then had some red like super boss at the end.

Instead they just made the ultra beast quest some super repetitive formulaic fetch quest. I haven't played delta episode, but I doubt it was much better.
>>
File: d27.jpg (34KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
d27.jpg
34KB, 622x626px
>>32508799
The Platinum Battle Frontier is better
>>
I love the battle frontier, but I can live without it.

The problem is that the newer games don't have battle frontier AND are still fucking atrociously bad compared to the older games.

If ORAS had battle frontier, then I could have accepted it as a decent game, but right now, that pile of fucking shit is a worse Emerald.
>>
Kids don't care about battle frontier, and this game is targeting kids, the sooner you accept that the better
>>
>>32508799
you're totally right
fuck postgamefags
>>
File: 1435829359903.png (372KB, 322x468px) Image search: [Google]
1435829359903.png
372KB, 322x468px
>>32508799
You don't quite get why they're popular. Fighting against a cheating computer is good because it takes the blame away from you. You can still believe you're good if you can pin everything on the computer being a cheating motherfucker. And when you get your gold whatever, you feel good because you beat the computer. You triumphed over its faggy quick claw instant kill bullshit, and that's an accomplishment
Fighting online is a poor substitute because it's fair. It's totally fair and that means it's your own stupid ass fault if you lose. People can actually think, and they tend to not play sub-optimally, which means the game doesn't throw you a bunch of easy wins, you just get crushed.
>>
>>32508799
>Like Looker Mission, Delta Episode and such. They're far better than Battle Frontier. They're actually enjoyable
I don't have a bait.jpg big enough for this
>>
>>32508906
Same fag
>>
>>32508799
Name 1 (O N E) single reason why including more features is a bad idea.
>>
>>32508955
Pretty sure OP didn't say that
>>
>>32508969
I'm waiting, OP
>>
>>32508799
Someone sounds mad that they suck at battle facilities
>>
>>32508955
Not OP but we could easily have more features in place of the battle facilities. More time spent on the actual game and alternative things to do when the battle facilities don't need to be made.
>>
File: Black_Tower_inside_B2.png (256KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Tower_inside_B2.png
256KB, 500x375px
>>32508799
>comes at the cost of being pointless. There's no point in those battles. There's no end. There's no goal.

t, I that never played BW2
>>
>>32508969
Yes he did.
>>
File: 1491282498839.png (125KB, 574x516px) Image search: [Google]
1491282498839.png
125KB, 574x516px
>>32508951
>>
>>32508865
The only good things about Delta Episode are mega fug and Zinnia's themes. It's a boring flyquest otherwise.
>>
I agree with you. The only facilities I've ever given a shit about are the Tower and it's equivalents (which are pretty much always included now) and the Factory/rentals, which I'm sad to see gone. Everything else is gimmicky garbage.
>>
I totally agree. However, they should make the items you usually get from them such as scarfs/specs easier to obtain in game.
>>
>>32508955
More features take extra time developing. That means longer wait until a new game. Fuck that. That's more than a good enough reason to not put shit in the games.

>>32508935
Yeah, I get that. That's why I support the decision of putting a Tower in every game. That's more than enough.
>>
>>32508799
As someone that used to not care about the Battle Frontier but has grown to like it.
I honestly can not argue the point that you are just doing the same thing as the main game over and over... except the Battle Arena in Emerald. Battle Arena is a unique spin on the regular battle formula.
>>
>>32508831
That was, in a way, worse than being pointless. If those facilities are pointless, you can skip them. Don't bother with them. But if there is a reward, you have to bother with them if you want that reward. Like the Mega Stones in SM. I had to play Tree to get those. Tree was difficult, so I wasn't too against it, but had they told me to play more gimmicky shit just to get the Mega Stones, i would've just given up.
>>
File: image.png (70KB, 518x216px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70KB, 518x216px
>>32509264
>>
>>32509057
This.
To be honest, I don't care about a Battle Frontier either, but I liked the Black Skyscraper/White Treehollow from BW2. You have to do battles in a maze but you also grind at the same time and you get a shiny as a prize in the end.
>>
>>32508935
>battle online
>0BP gained

Why the fuck does this not get you anything? I'd probably actually battle online if that was the case.
>>
>>32508799
I agree

The only postgame worth a damn was BW2's and HGSS's, which allowed you to explore new areas. The former even had the PWT, which was the only remotely enjoyable battle facility outside of rentals.
>>
>>32508935
>play online
>get ass beat regularly
>approaching a singular victory
>"player has disconnected"
I mean, it still counts, but it fucking sucks.
>>
>>32509057
>>32510211
I agree with these, and I think OP would too.

His point was that Battle Frontier was ultimately pointless, with no goals, and went on forever, thus boring. I agree with him on that. But I really liked The Treehollow, because that wasn't the case with that. And PWT had a better goal than Battle Frontier. I fought to unlock more tournaments and fight all the characters I had ever seen in Pokemon. That was a lot better goal than fighting random NPCs I gave zero shit about, and getting worthless medal in return. PWT was a lot better than Battle Frontier would ever be in this regard.

I still didn't play PWT for too long. I stopped after I had beaten all of the previous NPCs and gotten enough BPs. While I played it for less than a month, I enjoyed it.
>>
>>32508799
>You were doing literally what you've been doing since the beginning of the game. Fighting battles

Isn't that the point? Are battles not the main focus of the series?
>>
File: 1494019007818.jpg (58KB, 840x544px) Image search: [Google]
1494019007818.jpg
58KB, 840x544px
Its not the postgame content, its the in game content. Why cant I play as a bad guy? Why cant I play as a detective infiltrating the bad guys? Why cant I make my own gym and become an elite 4 member? Gamefreak likes stale shit too much.
>>
>>32508799
I'm sorry, since when do video games have a "point" in the first place? The point of facilities is satisfaction in overcoming the increased challenge. They have a finite win condition in beating a certain battle, but you can also continue for a high score. You know, the thing video games were about before being muddled with "story?" Since when is replayability via challenge modes a bad thing?
>>
>>32508799
Those other post game events are also just battling you shithead. Instead of actually being challenging and offering different gameplay modes, like facilities, they're just the same braindead battles with unremarkable story tacked on. If you find shitty narrative more interesting than challenging gameplay, you're indulging in the wrong medium.
>>
>>32508799
T b h the only reason I'm sad the battle frontier didn't make the cut was the battle pike. Now, the battle pike was pure shit, but the frontier brain's ace was a seviper. I figured that, if they included the BF, mega seviper was a lock. I just wanted it to get away from the SLOW FRAIL MIXED ATTACKER meme. Oh well. Maybe someday.
>>
>>32508799
>There's no point in those battles. There's no end. There's no goal.
Taking the bait, but fuck it. The goal in all the facilities is to reach and beat the boss, or to grind out enough BP for whatever tutor, TM or item you need for your competitive team. They're only pointless if you're cheating or playing the HGSS version, which was even lazier than the ORAS one and just existed to make the new tutor moves harder to get.
>>
>>32511611
You are proving OP's point retard
>>
>>32508799
ORAS sympathizers ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>32508799
I don't even care about the Battle Frontier.

The thing is, all those "unique" battle styles can be accomplished in a single building.

All XY had to do was have:
>Singles
>Doubles
>Triples
>Rotation
>Multi
>Sky Battles
>Inverse Battles
>(insert current Wifi ruleset)
In the Battle Chateau and I would've been perfectly happy. Sky Battles are just a banlist, and Inverse Battles are hidden away in a random house for no good reason.

Why not have them all under one roof? You've got your standard Battle Tower rulesets, and a couple of "new" challenge modes. Easy.

With SM, I get why Triples/Rotation didn't make the cut (too much going on on the screen, the game already chugs on an OG 3DS as is), and Sky/Inverse were cut because they weren't popular enough (never mind that they lacked support and THAT'S why nobody did them).

But the thing is, that Game Freak is perfectly capable of adding a few extra battle modes to their existing postgame battle facility. They just don't.
>>
>>32511628
Did you not read OP's post or mine? The frontier was just a less boring way to grind for shit, which gives it a reason to exist. OP just wants more boring filler battles with "story" attached to them.
>>
>>32509334
Taking something that already exists (CPU battles) and adding more of it (battle facilities) don't take much dev time.
>>
I've never heard of a fanbase that actually likes and defends less content.
>>
File: 6cda6c_5889721.jpg (174KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6cda6c_5889721.jpg
174KB, 1200x1200px
>>32508799
Better than being able to do absolutely nothing at the end of the game.
>>
>>32510028
This so much. That was one of the greatest legendary battles of all time.
>>
File: muscle hustle.png (295KB, 700x438px) Image search: [Google]
muscle hustle.png
295KB, 700x438px
>>32508799
Only literal faggots don't care about postgame facilities. They are fun as fuck. Yes, all of Battle Frontier, plus the Rental facilities, were THE shit.

You were doing literally what you've been doing since the beginning of the game, that the game is all about. Fighting battles. Now, there's an extra gimmick. Endless battle. Glorious battle after battle. There's victory to look forward to, crafting your team for the longest winning streak that you can. You're just being an actual Pokémon trainer, satiating your beloved pocket monsters' lust for combat, test of strength, and defeating opponents by the piles and mountains. The Rental ones give you different Pokemon, which is a cute gimmick. The rest was true Valhallian glory, worthy of Odin and the Valkyries.

GF, after so fucking long, decided to run from this truth like the pansy little, traumatized eunuchs they are. If some faggot doesn't want to continue tasting the sweet mead of victory, he can just turn off his (3)DS and call it a day. Move on to some other game. That's enough. They always had an option to fight forever online, too. A Tower gives us a worthwhile offline option, even after support for the game is put to an end.

For the primary audience of Pokemon, people taking time off from their lives with a bit of gaming, continuing content can draw out more mileage from a completed game. I'm glad they're focusing on more story based postgame events. Like Looker Mission, Delta Episode and such. They're enjoyable, with some new bit of story for one to savor. New characters to interact with, too. But the loss of Battle Frontier and the like is just not Pokémon.

If you unironically think Battle Frontier sucked, you suffer from extremely shit taste. No one cares about you. Not GF, nor the fanbase. You can cry all you want, no one gives a fuck about you. You're not needed. Go present your anus to a dirty draugr to pleasure himself with.
>>
>>32508902
>gameplay mechanics too complicated for most kids
dey r so teh only audience, rite m8?

Kill yourself anytime now.
>>
>tfw when you played battle frontier as a kid
anyone else ktf?
>>
All the extra gimmicks added something else to think of. Some of them were shit, sure, but it breaks up the tedium of just going through the battles. Think of a person that would list the Battle Tower as their favorite facility. The answer is you fucking can't. The only thing they really need to do is make some more fun things, like actually adding a Little Cup.
>>
>>32508799
>There's no point in those battles
besides you know, entertainment factor. There's no point in anything in the games but people like them because they find enjoyment out of them, and removing them just because you personally don't like them is a stupid argument and no one should ever take you seriously.
>>
>>32508902
shit excuse. Kids dont care about the extra game modes in Kirby, but HAL still bothers to add them in each game because they know their audience isn't solely kids.
Same thing with every game series that targets kids, except oddly enough current Pokemon, but for some unknown reason, you idiots defend it.
>>
>>32512974
I don't get why kids wouldn't care anyways. When I was a kid, I was looking for all sorts of shit to do in games. I was mad at R/S for not allowing trades, excluding a lot of Pokemon and not having as many gyms.
>>
>>32512714
>no replies

If you don't agree with this post, you don't understand why the facilities were in the game, and you should probably find a new franchise.
>>
>>32508799
Pokemon is the only fandom I know of that tries to shame you for wanting more content. Actually not more content, old content that was literally removed for the stated reason "we don't give a shit, and you're gonna buy our next game anyway faggot."
>>
>>32511693
>With SM, I get why Triples/Rotation didn't make the cut (too much going on on the screen, the game already chugs on an OG 3DS as is), and Sky/Inverse were cut because they weren't popular enough (never mind that they lacked support and THAT'S why nobody did them)

That's not the reason why they didn't make the cut. Even if unpopular, Battle Styles aren't going to be removed. The reason they didn't make the cut was time. Ohmori said that because they wanted to allow the Trainer to be seen in battle, they had to make the entire battle system from the scratch, including all battle styles. And they didn't get the time to make the few unpopular ones. They'll be back in the next games.
Source: The postgame guide thingy with Masuda and Ohmori interview.

>>32513114
>>32511927
Then there's retards who can't read OP's post. He said to not make shit content, like the retarded gimmicky battle facilities no one gave a fuck about and focus more on simple postgame quests with some end and closure to them. It's not about wanting less content. It's about wanting better content.
>>
>>32508799
You damn Game Freak apologists
>>
>>32512917
>entertainment factor
And I disagree in calling them entertaining. And so does the vast majority. Third versions with those Facilities had less sales, and even among those who bought it, not many actually played that part. Case in point, go show Dahlia or Argenta to any normalfag and they'll have no idea who this is.

If they wanted just battles, they restart the game. They'll be getting battles, but with exploration of a region, finding and catching new Pokemon, raising those Pokemon, interacting with all sorts of characters and story, an actual goal to work toward and much more added to those battles to make them fun.

Being forced to use a single type isn't changing the formula by much. You always the ability to do that. Not healing your Pokemon after battles is the same the same. Nothing new. The Facilities with those gimmicks were a waste of everyone's time. GF and the fans'. That's why they're gone.
>>
File: 1478440095966.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1478440095966.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>only literal faggots care about battle facilities
>but I liked them!
This fucking thread.
>>
>>32513947
>Optional content
>Waste of time
>>
>>32513775
>It's not about wanting less content. It's about wanting better content.
So better content(as far as Pokemon is concerned, franchises vary) is apparently one and done stuff that you can't do anymore unless you bother to restart the whole game?
Wtf is wrong with this fanbase?
>>
File: killyourselves.png (112KB, 503x328px) Image search: [Google]
killyourselves.png
112KB, 503x328px
>Mfw vp actually gets upset if the BF/PWT/any form of multi-facility postgame is in the next game
>>
>>32514007
See >>32508990

In Emerald and Platinum time, you got 2 games every 4 years. Now that they don't bother with Battle Frontier, we got 3 games in 4 years. It was a waste of time.
>>
>>32514028
>they don't want endless, pointless battles that are equivalent of grinding and demand something else instead?
>crazy fanbase
>>
>>32508799
>There's no end. There's no goal
Uh, getting to the Frontier Brains wasn't a goal?
>>
File: 1494384652925.jpg (102KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494384652925.jpg
102KB, 960x960px
>>32514028
>Wtf is wrong with this fanbase?
the same thing wrong with the Sonic and MLP fanbases
>>
>>32508799
solid bait my guy
>>
>>32513063
>no replies

If you don't agree with this post, you don't understand why the facilities were in the game, and you should probably find a new franchise.
>>
>>32514143
>emerald and platinum
>become champion
>enter battle frontier
>wow look at all this teambuilding and different ways I can continue battling here

>x/y, oras, s&m
>become champion
>complete looker mission, delta episode, or ultra beast fetch quest
>wow it's an hour of the exact same game I just beat

This should not be an acceptable alternative. Anyone who prefers gen 6 over E/Pt is wrong.
>>
>>32508799
It's exactly people like you behind the reason why pokemon is turning into shit
>>
>>32515473
That part is just assumption.
>>
>>32512714
+1 for logic
+1 for the based photo
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.