[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideas for a new Pokemon game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

At the very begining, the game asks you 'what place do you like the most'? And there are 4 options: Beach, city, forest, mountains. Depending on your answer, you start in a different place with 2 different Gyms according to the terrain variety (water/ground in beach, normal/dark in city, grass/bug in forest and ice/ghost in mountains, for example).
The region is not linear and you can go to the other places.
Gym leaders use a different number of Pokemon with increased levels according to the number of badges you have. To access routes with stronger Pokemon, there are 'guards' which ask you for a certain number of badges.

Other option would be adding 17 gyms, one for each type, and you only need 8 badges to challenge the league, but you can get all the others for the Z crystals or other stuff.
>>
File: 1489793798650.jpg (177KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489793798650.jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
>>32501264
0/10 bad game design, would be a fucking dredge to play. Not to mention that it reads like bad fan fiction.

Guards block your path? Just give them a drink lol
>>
>>32501264
I can see that being in a region based on China. With 4 possible places to start from being the North, South, East, and West of the region. Depending on how you responded.

Like alola there's 4 Guardian-like deities based of the Four Symbols and depending on the location you chose will be the legendary you encounter during the climax.
Mountains = West =Tiger (Steel/Fairy)
Beach = North = Turtle (Water/Dark)
City = South = Vermilion Bird (Fire/Psychic)
Forest = East = Dragon (Grass/Dragon)
>>
>>32501264
I don't like those ideas. I'm perfectly fine with linearity. It's not a bad thing. Instead of focusing on all the balance issues that come with making a non-linear game, I'd rather focus on making just a linear, but well balanced game.
>>
There would be no good way of having an evil team or making the box covers mons be central to the plot without linearity with deplorable sections.
>>
>>32501264
I've been wanting a non-leaner, "choose your own story" kind of Pokemon game for years...
sadly, this will most likely never be cannon
>>
>>32501264
>Non linear
>Guards have to check your badges too let you progress
>>
>>32501264
The linearity meme is overrated. Fuck non-linear games. They're not any better than linear ones.

>>32501400
>cannon
First, it's "canon". Not "cannon'.
Second, THAT'S NOT WHAT THE WORD FUCKING MEANS YOU FUCKING RETARD
>>
make terrain interactive in battle like in the show
make it possible to do things like "aim for the horn" by making the trainer use a power meter(like in kirby megaton punch), the closer to the mark the more chance of making super critical hits or ignoring all type advantages
>>
make it scale by difficulty based on highest mom's level. easy would be the same level, medium would be +2 and hard could be +5. make events for story progression rely on things other than amount of gym badges, like defeating a specific character, stopping a disaster, or solving some other puzzle. make gym badges completely free roam. make a more interesting victory road rout, and add back in more interesting rivals, the kind that either make you hate them like blue did, not the shitty yay friendship ones. maybe throw in a pseudo that's got ground upon typing but has the moves to still do work. add multiple story options so each playthrough is actually different.

also, the only way I could see a multi region game working is if there was some in game rule that said you had to start your team from scratch or had to only use mons caught in that region, to work.
>>
>>32501290
>>32501453
It would be interesting to see how they handled it. Besides, linearity of BW1, XY and SM is really pathethic.
>>32501436
This is so you can't get lv 30 mons when still at lv 15 or to keep places interesting after the first visits.
>>32501368
>>32501380
Now, this are actually good answers. Maybe by doing certain scripts activate after getting some things done, or getting "calls" to go certain areas without blocking interesting paths so you have to accomplish the "calls" but you don't lose the freedom to explore or visit other new areas.
It's just a raw idea, but getting to develop it may leave to a good concept.
>>32501400
I know. It would be awesome, specially by how >>32501348 describes it.

>>32501531
I've always wanted something like this, but sadly they won't give it because of the whole RPG and competitive mechanics that have kept consistent since the first games. I've also thought about a "dodge" or "block" mechanic where before or after your attack you can "do a move" so you can increase, reduce or even avoid the damage you receive / take, giving more strategy to the battle.
>>32501557
The level option sounds cool. I really want a game in which the story changes according to the order in how you make certain actions or beat the gyms. Also, the dicky rival is always cool, as long as it's a challenging trainer who is always a step after you. And the multi region thing would also be incredible, but really hard to pull in for all the things to program in each.
>>
File: f2e035a43b5a73ae1c08fa6d3ab6f948.jpg (385KB, 1115x795px) Image search: [Google]
f2e035a43b5a73ae1c08fa6d3ab6f948.jpg
385KB, 1115x795px
>>32501557
Agreed on trainer's teams having set levels depending on what areas they can be found, and then scaling with the overall level/median/both of the player's team if they grind too much.

Other stuff I've thought about:

>Misc items you can find in the wild or on caught Pokemon, like leaves, claws, fluids or whatnot, can be crafted into held or usable items.
>Have several people that can become the end-game champ, depending on how you answer their questions or interact with them. All candidates can be fought with their best team after you've completed the game normally.
>If you want to start a new game on an existing file, all the Pokemon and items in your storage will be transferred to your next game but won't become available until you beat it again.
>Gym builder. Once you've accomplished certain pre-requisites, you can design a gym, make a team from your own mons, add a number of trainers with own teams based on success/number of challenges, and have people challenge it online. Maybe won't have too many options in regards to puzzles since they're so tailor-made these days, but the rest could be implemented.
>>
>>32501735
I love the idea of the misc. items and the end-game champion, but I doubt they would ever think about the transfer thing since Pokebank was made just for that and GF/Nintendo won't let their cashmaker go that easily. And the Gym builder sounds like they could make it like a secret base with a monotype rule or something.

I also have tons of other ideas:
>Make every Pokemon have random patterns/sighly different colors/sizes like Spinda, Gastrodon or Punkaboo. It's mostly an aesthethic change but it would make every Pokemon more unique.
>Bring back Pokestar, Pokeathlon, Underground, Pokemon Amie minigames and Secret Bases.
>Bring back Gen IV WiFi Plaza minigames, Gen III and Surfing Pikachu as an alternative mode or in a certain place.
>Make an in-game Dream World which you can access with "Dream Points" or something once a day to play minigames and get a HA Pokemon per day.
>Pokeradar back
>Pokedex rewards. After getting X Pokemon, you get a ticket to visit Mew, or receive a Manaphy egg, or travel to the Sinjoh ruins, or something.

Some of this may sound shit-tier, but they would add a lot of variety and things to do besides battles or capture.
>>
You're a trainer who finds a Shiny Shadow Greninja. It turns out that this is actually Ash's Greninja and it turned shadow and had its heart locked from experimentation (which is why it's shiny) while having to watch Ash get tortured and killed. The leader of the evil criminal organization is my step dad.
>>
>>32502569
>2569
>69
LE
>>
>>32502576
SEX
>>
>>32501637
The thing is this gym system will be boring compared to the last, each game has gym leaders getting stronger each time, if it is the ice/steel/fairy/water leader that could be the strongest it is less specific and flimsy.

As for the story style, with such a large region split in parts I would think it would be better to have some enemy team encounters skipped depending on starting area, gives the feeling that the world is large and maybe later some explanation that others were interacting and foiling the bad guys away from the main character
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.