[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinion Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 16

File: 1493953904500.jpg (14KB, 224x274px) Image search: [Google]
1493953904500.jpg
14KB, 224x274px
Post em
>Meganium doesn't deserve all the hate it gets, it's cute.
>I'm not looking forward to gen 4 remake or an alola squeal, let's move to gen 8 already and leave the old region behind.
>Lyra and Kris are both shit design wise.
>Iris has a cute theme, it fits the space princess aesthetic it has going.
>>
>>32500223
I've never seen anybody who hates Meganium, just people who think it's really boring (which it is).
>>
>>32500226
Also, it's pretty bad
>>
>Kris is better than Lyra.
>Lucario fans don't deserve the hate they get
>Gen 1 is overrated as fuck
>ORAS' only negative is the lack of Emerald content, otherwise they're great games
>Weavile is ugly af
>>
>>32500226
It's not that bad, it's just much worse than Typhlosion and Feraligatr.
>>
>>32500223
SM are no where mere as bad as people on this board say it is. it did a lot of things good, and the small changes definitely went noticed.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 168x168px
>>32500252
>gen 1
>>
Unpopular opinions are fine, but people need to learn to differentiate between shit and wrong opinions and unpopular ones. They're not the same thing. Yes, opinions can be wrong.
Sugimori's art was shit. It's gotten a bit better, a lot better, but it was literal shit up until HGSS.
Sprites were shit and 3D Pokemon looks better than they ever did. If you want dynamic poses, use moves. The Pokemon changes the stance. It's just not stuck in it.
UBs are overrated. They're mostly good, but nothing great.
The small things SM added, like in-battle Trainers and poses, made me more happier than anything else. I wish they would focus more on aesthetic things like this, rather than wasting time on other bullshit.
Z-moves are great. The dances are fun and always having a super strong move on any Pokemon is nice. They definitely succeeded in what they were trying with Z-moves. Making all Pokemon viable in-game.
Megas were still better. Just wish more popular Pokemon had gotten Megas, rather than shit like Slowbro, Lopunny and Audino. No one gives a fuck about them getting Megas.
Unno and Morimoto are overrated retards. They've never made a game. All they've done is remade games and shove as much shit as possible in them. Far less effort, skill or thought required. BW2 wouldn't exist without BW.
In this regard, Ohmori is great. When he remade the games, instead of just shoving shit, he made changes. To the story, characters and gameplay. Far better than copy pasting shit you can find in other games again for no fucking reason.
Pokemon following was an overrated feature, and I'm glad it's impossible to have it return. If you want to play with your Pokemon, you can do so. Having it shrunk in size and follow you around, doing nothing is boring and shit. It was the best way to interact with Pokemon up until Gen 6, but the addition of Amie and Refresh completely makes that look shit.
Zard was the best Fly ride they could've picked.

>>32500263
Much worse than most Pokemon in general.
>>
File: tumblr_o5i67pTcOq1u72a7yo1_1280.png (425KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5i67pTcOq1u72a7yo1_1280.png
425KB, 600x800px
>>32500317
>Unpopular opinions are fine, but people need to learn to differentiate between shit and wrong opinions and unpopular ones. They're not the same thing. Yes, opinions can be wrong.
>Sugimori's art was shit. It's gotten a bit better, a lot better, but it was literal shit up until HGSS.
>>
File: 1493255865976.jpg (66KB, 960x949px) Image search: [Google]
1493255865976.jpg
66KB, 960x949px
>>32500223
>>Meganium doesn't deserve all the hate it gets
Agreed, same with Delphox. Also:

>XY are legitimately good games
>ORAS are great games (and they're in my personal top 3 along with HGSS and BW2)
>>
File: C_b7YOQV0AAO2oj.jpg (19KB, 226x313px)
C_b7YOQV0AAO2oj.jpg
19KB, 226x313px
>>32500223
People who hate Kahili and Ryuki are kinda pathetic, since in term of older gens, most gym leaders and elite four members are pretty much literal whos.
>>
If you don't wish to play a game forever, Pokemon games have only gotten better. Looker missions in XY were better postgame than anything before, and Delta Episode tops that. SM's UB quests were also great, the only disappointing thing was lack of UBs on the overworld. The rest was great. Besides that, there were also many small sidequests added postgame, and because they can END, they're more enjoyable than endless Battle Facilities.
>>
>>32500348
Speaking as someone who doesn't care about Kahili, it's not that I hate her, I hate Kahilifags. In a game full of interesting character, if you picked the most basic bitch, you have shit taste and I will call you out on this. I do this less for Ryuki, because there are less Ryukifags in general, so he doesn't need any extra hate.

As for the comparison to older Gym Leaders, don't worry, I think they have equally shit taste. They're more excusable, because everyone was a basic fucker back then, so picking a single generic fucker among other generic fuckers is excusable, because you don't have much choice. If someone is going to list Candice or Flannery as their favorite Gym Leader, I'll call them out on their shit taste.
>>
>>32500223
I really like Meganium
>>
>>32500317
You realise the only game Ohmori directed entirely on his own was Sun and Moon, right? Even with ORAS he had Masuda shadowing him.
In any case thanks for providing an example of wrong opinions because a lot of your post is based on false information.
>>
>>32500407
Source: your shit filled asshole.
He might've decided a thing or two, but it still doesn't change the fact that Ohmori was the lead director. Most of it was still his doing.
>>
>>32500317
Here you are talking about shit opinions and then you say Sugimori's old art is shit
>>
>Gen 1 is overrated
>Gen 3 is overrated
>Gen 7 is underrated honestly it probably best game in the series in terms of story, difficulty and engagement. Second to B&W2.
>The Battle Frontier in Emerald got less interesting the more I played.
>Platinum and B&W2 had best post-games.
>Beheeyem is NOT ugly.
>I hate nicknames
>Primarina is best starter in terms of design. Yes even better than Turdterra, Grenigger, and Deshitmustdie.
>Meganium doesn't get enough hate, it needs to be retconned out of existence.
>>
>>32500317
>gives people shit for their opinions
>has some of the worse opinions and ideas I've ever seen
Kek
>>
>>32500355
>>32500355
>UB quests were also great

Here take these 50 pokeballs and go catch these incredibly dangerous monsters, some four times, attacking alola
BTW those pokeballs will pretty much never miss
Ever

So much fun
>>
>>32500836
Yeah, the battles were small. Doesn't exactly make the quest any less fun. Making the balls have less chance of catching isn't going to change anything.
>>
>>32500804
These motsly aren't unpopular opinions, though
>>
Unpopular? You got it, compadre.

>Fairy type has been one of the best implementations since a long time, but I do understand some stigma against it
>I think Primarina is overrated (as a design, much less everything else where it shines).
>I was originally a Charizard fan back then and didn't mind Greninja either despite going with Chesnaught, I even found some of his fan art cute as well as Delphox art (I liked all three), but as time went by and the franchise started pushing them more, I've grown tired of seeing them. I still like Greninja, much less his bond form. It became harder for me to like Charizard as I find myself groaning every time Charizard does appear
>I agree with your first point about Meganium even though I can understand why some people might like it less than the other two, it's mostly in the sense of having owned one in my first playthrough
>Getting kind of tired of Ohmura's art style overall, but some people might relate with this.
>Sun and Moon are a bit overrated in my honest opinion, I just didn't click with it as much as XY and the games felt really rushed, with not much left to do, despite trying my best to keep playing it
>Can't really bother myself to use Megas that much, unless it's for one of the very few bros that does happen to have one
>PC Judge has also been one of the best implementations the series has ever gotten, I've always pictured the PC having some feature that worked like this and it'd be a shame for it to go away.
>No pokemon deserves to be hated
>Since Iris, Champions haven't really been the same. I really liked her theme and how much personality she oozed. Diantha was okay, but at the same time, I just didn't had that desire to go back and face the league again. At least with SM, the characters do change, but there wasn't anything about actually defending your Champion title, which underwhelmed me a bit and made me also care less about actually playing the league again and again
>>
>>32500852
It's exactly like catching any other non legendary pokemon in the whole game.

It wasn't fun at all imo I had to drag myself through it because I wanted to complete the dex
>>
>>32500252
not sure if its unpopular, i agree with everything
>>
File: 1476666978669.png (24KB, 200x200px)
1476666978669.png
24KB, 200x200px
>>32500317
>>
>I haven't hated a pokemon until the UBs were announced. I think they are an awful idea not deserving of legendaries and ruin the pokedex
>Kalos had the right Idea only having 6 legendaries
>Alola having 20 legendaries is fucking retarded

That's 25% of alolas regional dex is legendary pokemon.
>>
File: Red.png (52KB, 173x166px)
Red.png
52KB, 173x166px
>>32500325
>>32500440
Yeah, it really was the pinnacle of art, wasn't it? I thought art was one of things people only got better at as they kept going. That's what happened with myself. So why did the great Sugimori-sama lose his masterful skills? It makes no sense.
>>
>>32500869
PC judge is not an unpopular opinion i have no idea why you think it is. EVERYONE agrees this is the best way for it to be and they'd be retarded to change it or think otherwise.
>>
>>32500903
That's some pretty narrow-minded thinking anon. Maybe he lost interest, maybe he got some kind of mental disease that makes it harder for him, what if he's just fucking old and you tend to start to get worse at things rather than better when you hit a certain age.

Maybe you're just a faggot
>>
>>32500869
>It became harder for me to like Charizard as I find myself groaning every time Charizard does appear

I see this pop up every now and then and it makes no sense to me. What's the logic behind this? My favorite Pokemon is a bit boring. Stoutland. But I get happy every time I see it get any attention. I was happy when it appeared in the BW2 animated trailer, I was happy when it became a ride, and I was happy it got a somewhat memorable role in SM anime.

So why would you groan when you see your favorite? Do you not want to see your favorite? Then it's not your favorite. This really does not make any sense to me.

Just for the record, I only agree with the first two and PC judge points you made. I don't agree with you on anything else.
>>
>>32500905

Heh, I guess I ran out of things to post. I can't exactly think of another unpopular opinion that I may have.
>>
>>32500955
A lot of people don't like to see their favourite being everyone's favourite and shilled all the time it makes them feel less unique.

You don't have that problem since you picked, well, stoutland lol
>>
>>32500962
I'm just saying it's honestly the best thing they could have done. Even the hipest hipster couldn't think it's a bad idea man I mean I can check 120 pokemon in the time it would take me to check 5 in any other game
>>
I disagree with the central idea of pokemon in general.
>>
>>32500998
Forcing animals to fight? It's literally like a sport to them they love it.
>>
>>32501002
Not that exactly. There's another fundamental aspect I despise.
>>
>>32500977
>Just remembering the process of showing my pokemon to that one judge NPC every time while trying to keep track of everything

I don't even want to think about it, I've grown too used to the PC Judge now. I had longed for this day to come. I hope the PC gets more features too, it's got a lot of convenient potential.
>>
>>32501013

Animals in captivity?
>>
File: 1431651739093.jpg (38KB, 400x434px)
1431651739093.jpg
38KB, 400x434px
>>32500223

People hate Meganium because two reasons. One is because it's bad competitively. If it was suddenly buffed and made viable I guarantee you lots of people would start pretending they liked it. The other reason is they never outgrew the "it looks girly ewww cooties" phase, that's also why Delphox and Primarina get similar hate.
>>
>>32501013
>doesn't post it

Well how about you just fuck off then
>>
>>32501013
Social interaction?
>>
>>32501031
It's not that it's bad competitively. It's just shit in-game too. And it's not that it's just eww girly. It's just that's all it is. There's nothing else going on with its design. It's jsut an animal, made slightly girly.
>>
>>32501030
A certain aspect of it, yes.

>>32501032
You want to know? This franchise is a massive contradiction. There is trading and hoarding and you DARE mention FRIENDSHIP AND LOVE!?

BULL

SHIT

Also, if pokemon and humans are so equal, then why is it that pokemon alone are kept in pokeballs, when there are plainly examples of society being made to accommodate the pokemon, though they are not universal. I question the very existence of pokeballs for this reason.
>>
>>32500223
>>I'm not looking forward to gen 4 remake or an alola squeal, let's move to gen 8 already and leave the old region behind.

Actively wanting GF to rush new generations out the door is why 6 and 7 were so lackluster
>>
>>32501031
The reason why I dislike Delphox is because it is literally my mom's witch, don't really have any strong feelings about Meganium or Primarina
>>
>>32501062
Oh, you're the flaming faggot from that thread with Archie in OP. The most retarded faggot on this board, likely.
And no, humans and Pokemon are not equal. Humans are better. They can make Poke Balls. They chose not to make Human Ball or shit like that.
>>
>>32501057

It's bad in-game because story mode isn't compatible with defensive/support mons.
>>
>>32501090
Should I believe that everyone is that arrogant? I know some people are, but they can't all be.
>>
>Jynx doesn't deserve getting maligned so much, especially since she became purple. She's cute and I unironically love her
>B2W2 is pretty eh, I couldn't bring myself to finish it due to it burning me out halfway through
>The blocky sprites in the pre-3DS MD games look and feel too silly to get emotionally invested in the story
>the transition to 3D models is the best thing to happen in the main games, the colors may look washed out but the pokemon all look way better.
>>
>>32501062
Game play mechanics bruh. You know the kind of hardware these games are played on can't possibly handle that right? They even tried in SM creating follow pokemon walk cycles for each pokemon but the 3ds can't handle it.

You're jumping through hoops in your head to be mad about something retarded. ESPECIALLY since poke pelago has been made, also the Canon mention that pokemon like their pokeballs. And the ones that don't don't go in it which is rare cases like meowth and pikachu in the anime.

Seems like you're just being mad to be mad man. Try to think outside the box.
>>
>>32501092
That implies Meganium is only shit against Gym Leaders and important characters.

Nothing in-game is compatible with defensive/support mons. It's not competitive Pokemon. It's not about each individual fights. It's about how fast you can mow down the dozens of fodder trainer in each route. Meganium is shit at that.
>>
>>32500317
>In this regard, Ohmori is great.
By removing content and fucking over the games he's touched?
>>
>>32501126

>That implies Meganium is only shit against Gym Leaders and important characters.

No? Story mode also includes random trainers.
>>
>>32501108
>but the 3ds can't handle it.
It can handle it, extremely easily in fact.
The problem is Gamefreak everything in game has the polygon count of a next gen home console game which makes the game run like shit.
>>
>>32501143
>it can run it
>extremely easily
>but it runs like shit

Do you need to try that again?
>>
>>32501108
That still doesn't explain why pokeballs exist when pokemon can do everything just as well without it. In fact, we have Rotom dex and Nebby being in a bag the whole time. S/M already discredited the idea ENTIRELY
>>
>>32501108

So the 3DS can't handle it but shitty Chinese mobile phones can?
>>
>>32501160
Because one person wanting this over everyone who enjoys balltism and just how well the game mechanic works in general, how iconic the pokeball has become in merchandising (shit I can't even imagine how much money they make off the pokeball alone) just isn't gonna make it happen man :^) get over it.
>>
>>32501150
You might want to learn what the real problem here is anon.

The problem is less on the systems part and more the fact that Gamefreak is woefully incompetent.
In other words, if they had optimized the models we wouldn't have a problem. After all many different games pull of the exact same following mechanics with a consistent framerate on the system.
>>
>>32501160

Imagine getting around with a large Pokemon like Tyranitar that is slow, big and heavy. Pokeballs are convenient for transportation.
>>
>>32501166
>chinese knock offs
>caring about performance
Nigga they run worse and even crash. Not to mention they make your phone go fucking nuclear hot.
The fuck are you on?
>>
>>32501169
>>32501169
Jesus everyone on this site is so nitpicky. Fine GF can't make it work on the 3ds. But we've all known how incompetent GF is for decades now and it hasn't change anything.
>>32501166
Obviously not or we'd have pokemon following us in SM
>>
>>32501176
>Jesus everyone on this site is so nitpicky.
Maybe if you knew what you were talking about no one would have to correct you.
>>
>>32501169
Dragon Quest looks fucking awful though. And if you mean yo kai to then I'm laughing

You're probably one of the people who wishes we had chibi models back
>>
>>32501204
>Dragon Quest looks fucking awful though
And yet it still had far more detail and expression than any 3D Pokemon game yet.
But hey, who cares about having more than one monster on screen without it dropping to 15fps and a little bit of animation in the idle poses.
>>
>>32501204

Yokai Watch has way better graphics than Pokemon XY, ORAS or SM.
>>
>>32501176
>Obviously not or we'd have pokemon following us in SM
There are still problems with that. For one, unlike with sprites, 3D models of Pokemon would make it harder to have them follow you. Imagine a Fug following you. It would take up the entire screen. If shrunk in size, it isn't going to be popular with everyone. A mini Fug is only going to break immersion for a lot of players.

Not my argument, just parroting what I saw others argue. There was also an argument about how shrinking them in size would make the whole size detail of a Pokemon pointless and unnecessary, as no Pokemon can be large, in or outside of battle, something a few anons were against.
>>
>>32501241

Nobody cared about legendaries being smaller in HGSS.
>>
>>32501241
>A mini Fug is only going to break immersion for a lot of players.
How many people actually care for immersion in a pokemon game anyway? There certainly isn't enough of them to make a difference.

>>32501253
Or smaller Pokemon being bigger for that matter.
>>
>>32501253
Because we used sprites back then. Everything was of fucked up size back then, especially in the overworld.
One thing that made a difference was the battles. The Pokemon had sprites that were isolated from anything else in battle. Because they didn't stand next to a trainer, you had nothing to compare them with, making them appear larger. That's not the case anymore. They will look small in battle and outside of battle. Now, when everything is supposed to be more realistic with 3D, sizes matter more than they did with those tiny sprites.

>>32501272
If it's not about immersion, then Pokemon following you is useless. All it did was help with immersion back then.
>>
>>32501287
>it's not about immersion but it was only for immersion
Want to take another crack at that?
>>
>>32501308
Anon, you might want to take another shot at reading that. See the "if" in the beginning this time.
>>
>>32501160
Yes, of course you don't need a Pokeball as a heavily convenient way to carry around a Wailord across half the region, or make enough space for a water pokemon to hold you and your legends while surfing
>>
>>32501172
And yet I can't be transported in a ball.
>>
I think the matter you need to consider is that the environment of the games wouldn't exist if it was an actual world. There would be no constant presence of legends and everyone wouldn't have entire teams of world ending creatures. Most wouldn't even be able to get into the gate of a competitive sport, much less be the world master of it. I'm not too sure if even the people that are into competitive would be able to claim that. Furthermore, I find it unrealistic that EVERYONE would be into this sport. Most only go about their everyday lives alongside whatever pokemon they have on hand. The average person would only need a few pokemon, and it's highly possible to get away with only having one. I'd prefer to see this as a partnership.

Waterborne pokemon would be useless unless you do something that involves being in water constantly. If you have one, then you're not going to be traveling that much or if you have one large enough, then the ocean is your Cloyster. (could also be feasible for rivers and lakes)

The most obvious benefits of pokeballs are if you have a ton of pokemon, which should not be that prominent, and as I said, civilization can be made to accommodate the pokemon. The other is for emergency purposes, which I must stress, why can't I have that much convenience? ANSWER ME, DAMMIT!
>>
File: On gen comparison.png (14KB, 1253x135px) Image search: [Google]
On gen comparison.png
14KB, 1253x135px
>Gen 1 has either aged horribly or has always been bad. I'm leaning towards the latter.
>Colosseum and Gale of Darkness are underrated
>The water starter is almost always the best choice. This goes double if you're going off pure theory and not considering the specifics of the game in question
Also, pic related.
>>
File: 1489605100269.png (3MB, 1758x2408px)
1489605100269.png
3MB, 1758x2408px
The UBs are some of the best Gen 7 pokemon in terms of design and I hope we get more in future games
>>
File: chesnaught amie.jpg (67KB, 960x720px)
chesnaught amie.jpg
67KB, 960x720px
The way people hate Chesnaught because it's "bara" is retarded. It's really goofy and silly in Amie.

Gen 5's starters are all good designs. It's just the repetitive typings and to some extent Samurott's large change that is a thing. Samurott's drastic change is one of my favourite things about it, for the record.

Blaziken is the shittiest looking starter. Just some weird man bird thing that looks awkward. The face, the hair, and the "flares" look horrible, yet the mega is actually an improvement. Emboar and Incineroar do a better job of the "man-animal" thing. Delphox is just extremely bland and has no personality compared to Chesnaught or Greninja. Incineroar is also the first Fire starter I've adored since Typhlosion, though I do have a soft spot for Emboar as well.

Speaking of Hoenn starters, Sceptile is the only one I'm that drawn to, but I like Swampert because it resembles Big the Cat. Mega Sceptile is also one of the best Mega designs of the whole lot.
>>
>>32502753
>The way people hate Chesnaught because it's "bara" is retarded

They do? I'd sooner see Incineroar more as "bara" rather than him. I mean, he's not that far off either, given the similarities, but Chesnaught looks more like he's been stuffed in a knight/paladin like armor and sent into war, which makes me kinda laugh. While Incineroar feels... rather naked. Despite the fur patterns that he has. Well, at least he's got the belt, I just wish the pelvic thrusting wasn't the only way to shoot actual flames, merf.

Hah, now I'm remembering that one anon that told another anon Machamp's trousers are actually the color of its skin in some other thread. Which makes things a whole lot awkward because I simply assumed he was just wearing trousers since the very beginning. So he's essentially designed the same way Incineroar was, I believe.
>>
>>32500252
>Weavile is ugly af
>>
File: 1487017832634.png (127KB, 599x337px)
1487017832634.png
127KB, 599x337px
>>32500804
>engagement
Gen 7 engaged me the least of any game in the franchise specifically because of its story. I wanted to play the game but the game wouldn't let me until I sat through a million cutscenes, and even then I only got to play for a few minutes until I had to sit through another million cutscenes.

To add my own unpopular opinions:
>the Safari Zone is great and needs to come back
>>even though HGSS' Safari Zone was kind of lame due to it basically requiring a guide to use, it was better than not having one at all
>roaming Legendaries are good and chasing one down trying to catch them is fun
>Voltorb Flip is the best Game Corner minigame, though I would've preferred both it and the slots appearing in HGSS
>>
>>32503005
I have to split my posts up for some reason or they won't go through, it's some error on 4chan, so cont.
>long routes are better than short routes
>caves are good, especially long caves
>HMs are good as long as a Move Deleter is available early on, and allows for natural roadblocks that aren't "we're dancing for no reason"
>we need more double/triple/rotation battles in the main games
>Swampert is the best starter ever
>Water-types are always the best starter of their generation except in Gen 6
>Flygon deserved a Mega
>>
>>32500223
>gen 1 has aged like milk
>gen 3 was bad and OR/AS made Hoenn a good region
>gen 5 didn't feel like it was made by game freak, and is hideously overrated
>>
>>32500317
Holy shit I can't stop laughing at this whole post
>>
>>32501062
>autism
>>
>>32500223
I don't think regions should be exclusively rated based on the designs of their new Pokemon.

Every game in gen 4 is overrated. People are really stuck up their own asses about them.

Pidgeot is shit.
>>
>Gen 2 fucking blows HG/SS saved johto from being shit
>long routes are great
>long dungeons are great
>gen 4 doesn't need remakes
>>
I like the stall pokemons
>>
>>32501031
Personally i chose chikorita as a 8-9 year old boy when silver and gold first came out granted i always have and will be a grass fag for the most part. However come crystal as far as johto goes i was totodile master race
>>
>There's nothing wrong with using one legendary in your team, like Zapdos or Virizion
>HG/SS have several problems, especially with making several Johto pokemon inaccessible pre-elite 4
>Ultra Beasts were a fantastic edition to the Pokemon universe

That's all I got.
>>
>>32501231
Up to xy this statement is fact but unless yw3 had an intense improvement SM had way better graphics
>>
Incineroar's the first really solid design since Typhlosion for a fire starter and if it was introduced in Gen II or III it'd fit right in those generations' styles and be a hit pokemon.

>>32502924
I feel like Incineroar's bara status, proportions meme aside, is because people forget big cats like tigers can get pretty bulky and buff by cat standards and this was amplified by the fire-fighting starter meme putting expectations on it. I feel like if you kept the exact design while putting it on all fours a lot of haters would suddenly love it. I'm kinda hoping it acts ferocious-tiger-like in the movie.

(all that said, I also love Chesnaught)
>>
>>32503005
You're a goddamn idiot if you think Voltorb Flip was good. At all.

"Hey guys, the west doesn't want kids to gamble."

"Okay, let's make a game for western releases that you can't buy credits for or actually win at so they don't play it."

"But, sir, what about all the TMs and useful items you need coins for?"

"Fuck the west for being too stupid to understand that gambling in a kids game isn't going to cause WW3, or whatever they think will happen."

This, the leveling curve, the boring region and the lack of actual challenge until the last gym are why HGSS is subpar.

Fuck you children that think HGSS are the best games. Half the content isn't worth a damn.
>>
File: 82.jpg (13KB, 243x236px) Image search: [Google]
82.jpg
13KB, 243x236px
>>32505000
Most of that post seemed unrelated to Voltorb Flip. I think the game itself is fun and enjoy playing it beyond just grinding for coins. I also don't have trouble winning Voltorb Flip at all. Sometimes you get fucked by RNG with a 50/50 coinflip, but you can weigh the odds regarding how likely a space is to be safe. If you're just hitting spaces at random and ignoring the numbers you won't win very much, but you can get to Level 5-7 without dropping off very easily, and can help prevent dropping off as long as you know the mechanic behind what causes level drops (the number of tiles flipped before a loss determines how many levels you dropped; if you flip as many tiles as the number of the level you're on you won't drop at all if you lose a round).
I feel a lot of people who dislike Voltorb Flip don't fully understand the strategy behind the game. It's basically Picross+Minesweeper, and understanding how to play both of those games will enable you to play this one just fine.
>>
>>32505000
What does any of that have to do with Voltorb Flip itself? It's just a fun little minigame.
>>
File: IMG_2646.png (220KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2646.png
220KB, 500x372px
I don't think HGSS are as good as people at it is. I can't play it anymore, it's too boring. Maybe it's because I've played through johto too much.
Following Pokemon is cool, but it can get stale.
The leveling curve is crippling and makes me stop trying at the 7th gym thereabouts.
Sprites are shit.
Voltorb flip is shit.
There are lots of cool little things, like photos that make HGSS cool, but not enough to make it as amazing as everyone claims. I prefer ORAS way more
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.