[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this worth picking up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: SMD.jpg (97KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
SMD.jpg
97KB, 578x327px
Is this worth picking up?
>>
>>32499769
yeah its alright
its a little slow at the start but it picks up a little later
not as good as Sky or Blue/red
but better then others so there's that
>>
It's better than Gates in almost every way. Gates had much better and more memorable characters, and the break system can go fuck itself. Other than that, it's almost the definitive PMD game. Sky is still more solid since the plot doesn't feel like it was rushed out the door, along with difficulty skewed more towards endgame rather than Super skewing it towards beginning.
>>
>>32499769
yes
also come to >>>/vp/pmdg
>>
>>32499900
Checked.
>>
>>32499914
>thinks a link to a 4chan thread is spam
>breaks a global rule
what did he mean by this
>>
>>32499774
>not as good as Sky or Blue/red
>Blue/red

Are you kidding me? Red/Blue is shit in comparison to Super
>>
No. every spin off is shit
>>
>>32499998
And yet, they're better than the main series
>>
>>32499998
Persona 5 is laughing at you
>>
>>32499769
i actually just remembered about this game

it was a fun ride, it felt more close to the old mystery dungeon games
>>
>>32500040
Persona 5 isn't a spinoff though. Persona is the main SMT franchise. Subtitleless is the cheap handheld spinoff series.
>>
I pirated it and it was quite fun.
Don't know if I'd pay full price for it though.
If you can pirate/get it on sale, definitely get it.
>>
>>32499998
I had way more fun in 100 hours of Super than in 900+ hours of Y.
>>
>>32500198
I wanted to say the same but with Sun instead Y. And i have barely around 100 hours on Sun
>>
>>32499769
>>32499774
what is the consensus here on the best pokemon games?
>>
>>32501697
Whatever it is, if it's not P2W shitter app, it's probably better than main games.

Also Explorers of Sky a comfy game
>>
>>32499993
Lol fuck off Rescue Team is far and away the best game in the series, Super is only better than TD and Gates.
>>
>>32499769
Hey guys, is there any cheat for infinite health or something?
>>
>>32501895
which game? super? there are a few different ways to do it
>>
>>32499769

It's okay. If you can get it for 10 bucks or free it's a good time waster.

I had a hard time trying to replay it though. It's super slow in the beginning and the plot has too many stupid plot twists. You also can't nickname your Pokemon (besides you and your partner) and you only get one of each.

You get hand led through the whole story, honestly. You very rarely get chances to just explore or play the game yourself, which is really annoying.

If you'd never played a PMD game I recommend Explorers of Sky first. Super Mystery Dungeon is a 6/10 at best.
>>
>>32502002
>You also can't nickname your Pokemon
unless you edit the ram

>If you'd never played a PMD game I recommend Explorers of Sky first.
And I recommend Blue Rescue Team before Explorers of Sky.
>>
>>32501966
Yeah super mystery dungeon, can you tell me that different way or maybe a youtube video?
>>
>>32502031
Have you already modded your 3DS? That's the most essential step. do it by following this guide: http://3ds-guide.b4k.co
Then you use NTR and do one of those
>use the ram edit plugin to edit the ram
>use the NTR debugger to edit the ram
>make an NTR plugin
the first solution is the one I recommend. the ram address is probably on fort43 or something. If you tell me which region the game is (Europe or America) I can see if I can find it myself, but it's probably posted online already
I just hope you aren't on 11.4

Don't worry, none of this is as hard as it sounds.
>>
>>32502060
hey thanks it helps a lot i found it thanx to that ntr
>>
>>32502060
and how about cheats on Citra emulator?
>>
>>32502025
For play order, sure. But Sky is objectively better in every way.
>>
Yeah

Overall it's probably the best game in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series along with Sky.
>>
>>32502060
Can you make a cheat in the Super Mystery Dungeon NTR plugin that gives you infinite HP Ups? I haven't played the game in months but from what I remember you can't buy any HP boosting vitamins directly.
>>
>>32502169
not every way, but most of them yes. Another reason is because playing BRT after Sky makes it harder to get used to it

>>32502255
I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be possible
>>
>>32501807
>>32501697
continuing this, my friend has ruby/saphire gen.

is this one of the better ones?
>>
>>32502496
What? If you mean Rescue Team, then yes. The menu controls are really bad though, so most people dislike it for that reason. Blue Rescue Team has better controls, Red Rescue Team has worse controls.
>>
>>32502169
Rescue Team is better, better soundtrack, postgame, mechanics, characters, town, items, replayability, dojo, dungeons.
The only thing Sky has more of is content, and even then most of it is just a mindless slog with a fucking furry self insert plot.

Sky is quite literally "my first PMD". No depth to it what so ever.
>>
>>32502548
>dungeons
yes

>dojo
it barely changed

>replayability
yes

>items
no, sky added a lot of items and kept most of the rt ones

>items
subjective

>characters
are you sure?

>mechanics
lol no

>postgame
yes

>better soundtrack
not really

I appreciate your opinion though, definitely better than blind skyfags.
>>
no, terrible story
>>
>>32499769
Yeah. It'd be the best mystery dungeon game if it weren't for the absurd recruitment mechanics and the rest system. Sky is still the best but Super is a huge step up from gates.
>>
>>32502534
he doesnt have mystery dungeons.
>>
>>32502255
>you can't buy any HP boosting vitamins directly.
It's the most tedious stat to boost, yes, but sitrus berries aren't that uncommon. Don't forget to use the Water Looplet for extra profits. Just check up on mr kek daily, and use oran berries for that temporary boost if really necessary.
It's the hardest stat to max, but also the one with the highest cap. Don't spoil the game for yourself.
>>
>>32499769
Yeah, it's pretty good. I still prefer EoS but it was an enjoyable ride. It does some thing worse than previous PMD games but does other things better. If you've never played a PMD game before I'd recommend playing Rescue Team and EoS first, but if you have played those two this is also a good game.
>>
File: pokemon rankings.png (2MB, 1087x1870px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon rankings.png
2MB, 1087x1870px
>>32501697
There's no real consensus on what the best games are on this board, but this is my personal taste. If you've never played a Pokémon game before, I recommend starting with FireRed and LeafGreen just because they're remakes of the original games and are pretty simple, then you can play the "god tier" games. Emerald is the same generation as FRLG so it's the closest, and HGSS are direct sequels, so either of those would be good second games after FRLG.
>>
>>32499993
They ruined too much shit in Super for it to be better than Red/Blue. You've already heard it all, partners leaving, no more than one of a single partner, basic attack made useless, completely impossible level 1 dungeons, etc.

But subjectively, I believe it lacks the charm of Sky/Rescue team. The aesthetics and memorable melodies of the music were a huge part of it, Super just feels very bland by comparison. The only good song is that fire mountain one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH83aXI2mn8
>>
>>32499769
Postgame is awful, it's great if you want to be treated like a kindergarten prodigy or whatever
>>
>>32503642
This, I hated being forced to go to some shitty school full of first graders and constantly being referred to as a child. The other protags may be young, but they seem closer to teenage and have their own agency and aren't coddled in some shitty school all the time. That, along with all the other negative changes they made to gameplay, made me drop it. The school segment was just dragging on for too fucking long.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.