[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I bought Pokemon SoulSilver (like new) from Ebay, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: Pokemon-Soul-Silver-DS (1).jpg (131KB, 434x470px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Soul-Silver-DS (1).jpg
131KB, 434x470px
Hey guys. I bought Pokemon SoulSilver (like new) from Ebay, and the game arrived today.

The cartridge apparently is fine, without any major wear, and it is definitely legit, not a bootleg...

However, there is one thing that I don´t like about the cartridge: it makes this weird creeking sound when I press the cartridge (the front side and back side against each other).

It sounds as if there is something that makes contact in the cartridge,

or as if there is something sticky inside that sticks when I press it.

Or as if there is something inside that touches when I use a little strenght on it.

Or as if there is air inside it...

I don´t know ho exactly to explain it...

The sound seems to be comming from the part that is just above the metallic contacts...

I was slightly surprised, and went to chech my other DS and 3DS Pokemon games. None of the other games makes any sound whatsoever, no matter how I pressed them.

So my question is, does this happen to other HeartGold/ Soul Silver cartridges, or is it just mine? And what could the reason be?

Or are Gen IV cartridges just made of different material from Gen V onwards? (it is the only Gen IV cartridge I own)

I hpe I can get good answers from you guys. I know the sound shouldn´t mean much, but it is quite annoying...
>>
also, please don´t post if you are just gonna tell me it doesn´t matter or "who gives a shit, just play the game", etc.
>>
Why the fuck are you pressing the cartridge?
No, no cartridge do that sound and you probably have been scammed.
>>
>>32493493
>it's a bootleg
KEK OP you fucking retard should look up how to buy shit before being swindled like a cuck
>>
It's most likely broken. Boot it up on your DS to see, then show us.
>>
>>32493515
It just did the sound when I pressed it solightly by accident. Then I got suspicious and pressed it a few more times on purpose to check, and it kept doing it.

>No, no cartridge do that sound and you probably have been scammed.
Well fuck, I guess...

The cartridge seems completely legit, with all the signs of a legit game...

Can this be a factory error or something?
>>
>>32493528
>>it's a bootleg
>KEK OP you fucking retard should look up how to buy shit before being swindled like a cuck
It doesn´t look like a bootleg at all. It has the infrared things in the back, when looked at sunlight, the correct font size used in the back, etc
>>32493534
I tried it and it works fine, saves fine, etc. But maybe there is something not in its place inside...
>>
>>32493541
How'd you get it, and where did it come from? Did it come with the case and shit? If you got it from China, then you are 99% fucked.
>>
>>32493567
I live in Spain, got it from Spain (Ebay.es) and it comes with all the box and all the papers,etc. The seller had 100% rating
>>
>>32493493
Sounds like the cartridge case is a bit loose. Internal components are probably fine, and if it plays/saves well, I wouldn't really worry about it. You might want to be a bit more careful with it when you're popping it in/out of the system, though. You might want to contact the seller, too.
>>
>>32493599
I think this might be what is hapening.

And I am definitely gonna contact the seller, thanks.
>>
If ata few other users got a DS Pokemon game that does a similar sound like my Soul Silver, I would be ok. But if I got the only game that is not right, it sucks...
>>
>>32493562
>I tried it and it works fine, saves fine
If its working fine, why did you bother making this thread?
>>
>>32493528
bootlegs are getting better, ykno
>>
>>32493733
Because I have nothing else to do and I want loadssss of attentiom xP
>>
>>32493562
If its working fine fuck off
>>
>>32493599
I just contacted the seller, and he told me that he hadn´t noticed this, but that I shouldn´t worry because it is something that happenes to some games from and they are like that from the fabrication, and that it is harmless.

Idk should I believe him... But it makes sense...
>>
Going to /vp/ cheers me up because it shows me there will always be people more retarded and autistic than me
>>
Sounds like you got a slightly damaged cartridge.

It happens in manufacturing. They make millions of these things you think every single one of them is going to hold up perfectly over time? No now stop fucking with it before you make it worse and be happy it works in the first place.
>>
>>32493493
post pictures faggot, back of the catridge, contacts, move on faggot I'm waiting
>>
>>32494050
>Sounds like you got a slightly damaged cartridge.
Yeah, the cartridge might just have some part not completely fitting inside, or something, but as long as it desn´t affect the performance of the software and the durability of the hardware, I don´t mind. i just need that confirmation.

>It happens in manufacturing. They make millions of these things
I know, I can understand manufacturing errors, and as long as they don´t affect the performance of the cartridge, I don´t mind.

>No now stop fucking with it before you make it worse and be happy it works in the first place.
You are probably right.

But what could I do to the hardware just by pressing it? Not even pressing it hard.
>>
>>32494101
I would post pictures man, but there is no point, as there is nothing wrong with the cartridge on the outside.It is on the inside, and I am will not open up the cartridge for that, obviously...
>>
File: 20170509_164158.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170509_164158.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>32494101
Here you go, anyway.
>>
File: 20170509_164816.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170509_164816.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>32494192
And an other one
>>
Mine doesn't look like that one on the back at all. I bought a legit one when it came out though. Yeah it was black, but I don't know how to explain it.. it just looked slightly "better"
>>
>>32494192
That's a fake kek
>>
Put it in and play it anon stop being a Spanish and play pkmn
>>
>>32494547
Isn´t this just because mine is "second hand"? Not that it isn´t legit?
>>32494563
Why? Or are you just trolling?
>>
>>32494724
Those red marks on the back certainly look suspicious to me
>>
>>32494736
Those are the infrared lights. NOT HAVING THEM is what makes a Pokemon DS cartridge fake (well, that is what I have read on articles about how to spot bootleg Pokemon DS games).

At least BW2 and HGSS should have those red markung because they use infrared if I am not wrong..
>>
>>32494563
Ok, now tell us what makes the game look "fake" to you.
>>
>>32494780
HGSS doesnt have infrared.
Source: holding my SS cart in my hand, bought new day 1
>>
>>32493493
did you try setting it t wumbo
>>
>>32494036
This desu

There was a guy on here the other day who couldn't beat the campaign of S/M. How the fuck is that even possible?
>>
>>32494846
It does use infrared for the Pokewalker...

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold-version/54192765
>>
>>32494895
Ah shit you're right, guess i wasn't looking close enough.
There are no red marks on mine though, so yours might be a fake.
>>
>>32494851
What do you mean?
>>
>>32494918
Looking at it under a bright light, I don't see any red marks, unfortunately.
>>
>>32494907
>There are no red marks on mine though, so yours might be a fake.
Idk, I hope it is not a fake. And I had read that the reddish glow is what makes DS Pokemon games legit, and that the "full black" ones are fake.

I´m quite confused desu
>>
>>32494192
>>32494200
OP my cartridge(s) have a serial number under the NTR-031. Pat. Pend. part, and shows red marks only on the edge of the cartridge.
>>
>>32494942
Mine has the same serial numbers. Idk about the red marks anymore...
>>
>>32494962
This is what I found:
The plastic is the wrong colour. Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum should be the common dark grey color (most game cards are this colour, while Heartgold, Soulsilver, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 should appear black in colour, with a small redder strip at the top of the cartridge. These darker “black” cartridges should appear reddish and slightly transparent throughout if you hold them up to the light. This is because the newer Pokemon DS games have infrared, and these darker game cards allow for that.
>>
>>32494989
Thank you. If this is true, then my SoulSilver is legit, right? Cause it has the red glow and the black is transparent.
>>
My Black 2 creaks when you squeeze it, and i got that on day one. Sometimes thee casing just doesn't come out perfect which results in extra friction.
>>
>>32495064
>My Black 2 creaks when you squeeze it, and i got that on day one.
Thank you. This is what I needed to hear, regarding the "creeking" sound.

It was worrying me that nobody else seemed to own a "creeking" DS Pokemon cartridge, but you just saved the day for me xD

Thanks a lot!
>>
>>32495080
whoops, creaking*, not creeking. Sorry about that.
>>
>>32495064
>>32495064
>Sometimes thee casing just doesn't come out perfect which results in extra friction.
I hope this is the only thing wrong with my SoulSilver cart, then.
>>
As for the "red colour", I think it is always a sign of a legit HGSS cartridge, never of a fake one.
>>
File: clip (2017-05-10 at 03.52.17).png (294KB, 306x408px) Image search: [Google]
clip (2017-05-10 at 03.52.17).png
294KB, 306x408px
>>32493493
From the pictures in the thread, the writing on the back of the cartridge seems fine, as well as the writing above the part of the chip that communicates with the DS.
As for the red lines, that's likely just the bigger wires showing through. The casing of the cartridge is partly see-through for the IR. There's also a large chip there that has many silver-coloured wires connecting it to the chip, and they're much easier to see through the cart since they're so bunched up, pic related is the insides for at least HGSS and BW. As for why they show up red, I don't know the science behind that, but all of mine do it in certain lights as well.
I wouldn't worry about the creaking either, I bought one new from EB Games years ago and it's been fine.
>>
>>32495361
>I bought one new from EB Games years ago
Meant to say "I bought a copy of Black that did that new from EB Games years ago"
>>
>>32495361
>>32495401
Wow, thank you so much man÷ You seem to know what you are talking about much better than the majority of users who hurried to call my cartridge "fake".

Also thank you about sharing your experience of buying a "creaking" DS cartridge yyourself. This makes me less worried now about my cartridge creaking like crazy.

It even creaks when I am cleaning it with a cloth and pressing it to clean the dirt away. Does your one creak that much as well?

So yeah, knowing that the creaking is normal amd harmless is great.

Thank you very much, seriously.
>>
File: IMG_9554.png (1MB, 1209x1060px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9554.png
1MB, 1209x1060px
>>32495080
>xD
>>
I've successfully bought all Pokemon DS games legit from ebay. Your cartridge is legit, or at least what appears on the photo. What concerns me is the possibility that it might've been opened at some point. But even if it did, it maybe been done so in order to clean the contacts. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>32496387
Ok thanks.

Whaf worries me about the "creaking sound" when I squeeze it, is whether or not air can enter inside the cartridge. If there's some small open space fr9m where air can enter, imo that would be quite bad for the cartridge, since air could.oxidize the cartridge from the inside.

Whether it is like that from fabric or became like that after somebody opening it, I hope air doesn't get inside it.
>>
>>32497286
My copy of black has been creaking since I bought it on launch day. It's annoying but it's nothing to worry about, it still works fine.
>>
>>32495401
>Meant to say "I bought a copy of Black that did that new from EB Games years ago"
Do you think the parts of the cartridge might not be placed/closed properly, leaving space for air to get inside it?

This is the only possibility that worries me regarding the cartridge atm.
>>
>>32497452
So you think that despite the creaking sounds, the cartridge is not letting air get inside it?
>>
>>32497524
I doubt it, any opening that could be causing it must be tiny, too small to actually matter.
>>
>>32493493
>I bought Pokemon SoulSilver
I'm so sorry.

I hope you didn't spend too much.
>>
>>32497544
I hope so.

I guess there is also the possibility possibility that there is no "opening" in the cartridge at all, but something just not correctly put inside, causing the contact and creaking sounds...
>>
wouldn't it just be easier just to play the fucking thing other than being a fucking autistic butt-plug and whining about the casing?
>>
>>32497717
See, the problem is I want to make sure the game will not stop functioning over time, due to oxidation, due to an small opening inside the cart.

It's not about "just playing" the game. I've already played it on an emulator anyway. It is about owning the game, and knowing you own a perfectly working cartridge.
>>
>>32497286
If you're not interested in selling the cartridge and therefore you wouldn't mind if the game lost value in money, if you're interested in keeping it playable for the longest, if you happen to find it that the case is cracked or open and you're worried about oxidation, there's a guy on eBay that sells replacement cases for DS/3DS games. I don't mean to advertise and I never bought them myself, but have a look:

https://youtu.be/gv3mDnjdQrI
>>
>>32497854
Thanks!

I hope the cart is has no open spots, but if it turns out there are, this could be a big help.
>>
File: 1464871969740.png (867KB, 1090x386px) Image search: [Google]
1464871969740.png
867KB, 1090x386px
>>32495080
>>32496126
OP, just shove that cartridge up your spic ass.
>>
>>32494929
OP, full black cartridges mean that the game's performance is enhanced by the DSi.
>>
>>32497780
now your being autistic.
>>
>>32498367
False. They are black since they have an IR port in the cart (for the PokeWalker in HG/SS, and for other stuff in Gen 5).
>>
If there is an opening for air to enter, your game is fucked. OP. If the creaking is caused by something else, your game is absolutely fine.

So, just try looking more closely to see if you can see any tiny opening on the cart. If there is none, you are fine.
>>
>>32500066
Well, I can´t see any. I even looked at it through a magnifying glass, and I can´t see any places through which air could enter inside it.

I am not sure yet, though, since there could be some place so small that I can´t see it. But I hope there is none.

I hope it is just something not entirely well placed inside, but the outer case it completely shut.
>>
>>32493923
Here's a free (You)
>>
>>32493923
It´s because I am worried about my game. If you disagree, just don´t post.
>>
>>32500590
He is falsefagging.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.